PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Thursday 6th JUNE 2013**

shipbroker
06-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Good Morning all

I'm back on air.

Hopefully z few holes of golf later must try to get some more sleep first.
geoff

JudyL
06-05-2013, 11:54 PM
:wave: Still Wednesday here, 8PM and quiet, but that will change, we have the kids tomorrow night, and we have been roped in to bowl with Jen and Kevin, as they don't have subs yet, guess that will be us :rolleyes: Friday Spencer has Wrestling Camp at the school quite near us.

I have been very good, I have been walking around the park near us (a mile around) 3 days in a row, having to do that early as the summer weather is just about on us.

Jack is watching Torchwood and it is creeping me out! But I'm like that.

BBL

villagernb
06-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Good morning, Geoff and all to follow.

Up late again, this time with a sore arm. Lots of stitches after a procedure at the hospital Wednesday afternoon. Glad it is over, except for the slow recovery I've been told to expect.:(

Geoff, I've been drooling at your lovely clematis--I'm excited when mine has a dozen blooms at the same time.

Abigail, it must have been a tough choice for the fox--biscuits or chicken?:confused:

Henry, so glad that Leslie could enjoy an outing; life's small pleasures are so important!:)

Char, I saw two bunnies running across my neighbour's driveway on Sunday morning. They were the first ones I've seen here in years, thanks to all the predators they have; coyotes, hawks, and the colony of 17 feral cats who are fed by other neighbours.
However, you know what TWO bunnies can lead to!:eek: Thanks for the Canmore link. (The babies ARE cute!)

Bill, rabbit pie is an Acadian treat enjoyed here at Christmas. There is a butcher at the Dieppe farmer's market who sells dressed rabbits packaged up for sale in wrapped trays just like chicken. Rabbit pie is very tasty!

Kay, your birthday outing sounded wonderful!:thumbsup:

Talking about pie has made me hungry--I'd better try getting some sleep before I'm too tempted by the idea of a 1 a.m. snack!:evil:

Night night

Anne

Yorky
06-06-2013, 02:40 AM
Good morning all. Sunny and bright here but lots of cloud around and quite a stiff breeze.

Wish I could persuade Ruth to eat Rabbit, I used to love it as a boy.

Art class this morning, and bowls (lawn bowls) this afternoon. When we passed through Skipton with Darla they were setting up to play a bowls match on the green next to the car park so we stayed to watch a few ends and explain the rules to Darla and Larry.

Doug

doppler
06-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Good evening all

End of my Worky week and GOOD. Thank heavens the Queen has yet another birthday on Monday. God bless the Royalty. Our state moved the May Day holiday to October, unless they have cancelled it.

I want to be queen. As we all do. Then I can have as many birthdays as I can possibly want. If you staggered it around the commonwealth we would have public holidays all the time. Everyone would be happy.

Loki is in. Bo is Not. We have both decided to pass on dinner. I had a garlicky sandwich thingy for lunch whoch still haunts me. Roger used up the Mr Piper meal in a tin for lunch. EEK.

I need the the brown one to come in. Loki has eaten much of his tea anyway.

I m NOT neurotic. :lol: :eek:Ok

I am. :clear:

Doris345
06-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Hello washers

I have been just hangin' and relaxing and recovering, and now I am trying to catch up with the washes.

Hi Geoff, Judy, Doug.
Geoff, your clematis is beautiful, as is Doug's garden pics.

Lynn, you were definitely NOT the Guest from H-ll. It was not your fault that your hosts lived three flights up (I promise I have an elevator to carry your luggage up 22 flights when you visit me) nor that you had a bad back. They sounded totally unsympathetic.

Speaking of backs, Bill, Gail and Teresa - - I sympathise with you all. Back treatments seem to show no mercy, and no logic. Unlike you, I had brilliant results instantly from spinal surgery, but steroid injections did absolutely nothing at all for me. Right now I am having acupuncture for my arthritic shoulders and it seems to help quite a bit, whereas my TENS machine does nothing except annoy the %#^% out of me when it is pulsing.

Kev - poor ((Eric)) Is it too late to save a swatch of the old carpet for him?

Char - I am glad your window washer worked out. I am NOT going to ask how much he costs, because here it costs $18 per window (I have 7 windows and 3 sliders) and hearing how cheap your guy is will only rip my heart out.

Syl, glad your doc visit went will. LOL at your reference to my "vermin," so I will have to start calling my brother the "Exterminator."

((Kay))

Annie - He really did eat the berries and drink the milk. But you should also know that I had specifically mentioned, the day before, when they asked for milk for their coffee, that I was saving that last 8 ounces for my protein drink in the morning. He was just a jerk. I never quite liked him at any point through all these years, and I put up with him for my friend's sake, but I really disliked him when I saw him abusing Essie.

The John Singer Sargeant Exhibition at the Booklyn Museum is right across the street from the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens - just a 15-minute subway ride from my apartment. The Rose Garden is at its peak, and indescribably beautiful, so I am planning to visit both of them on Friday. I have been reading up on my camera User Manual - I want to do more than just the Automatic settings. I used to fancy myself quite the photographer with my old SLR, but now my new Digital SLR made it much, much too easy to set "auto" mode and forget it.

Louie is all recovered - he has staked a claim to the pillow that I prefer, and gets totally indignant when I toss him off.

Hi Annie.

:wave: :wave: to all, and thanks again for allowing my venting.

Doris

doppler
06-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi Doris from the new found land of neurosis. Should be short lived once the b.....y DEAR cat comes in. He will survive strangulation ( cos i love him) and be able to eat and then I'll sleep on the floor because he has MY pillow and my spot. What is with cats and indignant and power ????

Been said many times before but that guy was a JERK. Feel sorry for your friend but its her bin, not yours.

Going to be in eye opened la la land now.

Bo has just crept up the verandah and I opened the door for him. He is scoffing now and I am no longer neurotic. :crossfingers: Just sleeping on the floor.:rolleyes:

Ellen in Ont
06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
:wave: everyone,
I've been awake since 5:00 but getting my day organized. I'm having my coffee with all of you and then I need a bite to eat.

I went to a retirement seminar last night for my pension plan at work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to retire in two years.:crossfingers:

My son called last night to tell me Max has an ear infection in both ears and a perforated ear drum. He is now on antibiotics at least. They brought him to the doctor before the trip because of a chest cold but the doctor said he would be fine and didn't give him anything at that time. :o

It is sunny and I'm hoping it is the end of frost warnings. I am going to buy some plants today. :D

Good morning to Geoff, Judy, Anne, Doug, Annie, Doris, and all who follow. Hugs to all. Breakfast calls.

olliewood0702
06-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Just a short note this morning to tell you we are going to see some castles today.:thumbsup: Callum has rented a car and is going to take us around. He had to work a half day so we are getting a late start. we wont get back until late. I will take lots of pics. We will end up in Edinburg where his parents live. They own a hotel and restaurant where we are planning to eat a late meal.

I know I could be damaging my knee more by walking on it but what choice do I have? :confused: It was hurting yesterday when we were walking up hill around town but I'm learning to live with the pain for now. There isn't much I can do about it until I get home.

We had a very nice fancy dinner last night at a restaurant in the city, then visited a real Scottish pub. :D we had a sort of restful day early in the day which my knee needed. Keeping my :crossfingers: that today it will hold out for our sightseeing.

I've heard there is a hurricane going to hit the U.S.:eek: I just hope it's out of there BEFORE we fly home on Monday. We fly into Philadelphia, then on to Detroit.

We've had a whirlwind vacation and seen so much and we are thankful for it all.

Enjoy your day/evening everyone!:wave:

Lulu
06-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Evening everyone:wave:
I should have gone to bed an hour ago but...........I'm not neurotic either Annie, but just had to wait until 'Falfa was in from her nocturnal wandering before I could go to sleep........Both in now, and cat door locked for the night.:cat: :cat:

Doug, two sleeps? You are going to be away for Ruth's birthday. :heart:

Darla, so good to hear from you. I'd be doing the same, and resting up/healing later....seems you are making the most of what you can do.:thumbsup:

Ellen, poor poor (((Max))). How miserable he must be.

Have been getting some things framed for entry into an upcoming exhibition. It's been quite nice looking through all my watercolours of the last year, I put them all away in a folder and have rarely looked at them since finishing. Have got a heap of them! so easy to store that way, but easy to forget what I've done too.

Off to bed, John is having his first work day since our holiday tomorrow, he thought he'd better get going again - will be a shock to have to make a lunch first thing in the morning lol

Yorky
06-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Back from class.

Good to hear from you Darla, hope you bought a knee support. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and safe journey home.

Hi Lulu, Doris, Annie and Ellen :wave:

Off to make lunch then bowls.

Doug

Uschi
06-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Good Morning!!!!

Yeterday was a gorgeous day, today dull, rain expected and a high of 14C.

I am glad I cut the grass yesterday evening, I must say, a freshly cut lawn (even a small one:) ) sure looks luxurious.

Am taking my "magic pill" because I am playing in the tournament with neighbouring senior clubs this afternoon. I am playing both the ladies and mixed doubles. They NEVER play singles.

Geoff, your clematis are out of this world beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay, good luck with that tax problem:crossfingers: I am so glad you celebrated your birthday in such a nice way:thumbsup:

Ellen, poor little Max((()))). I think doctors are more hesitant to prescribe antibiotics because they were so badly overprescribed before resulting in the superbug.

Darla, a cane really does help a lot, helps keep the weight off the knee. Enjoy your castle visiting day!!!!

Doris, how very fortunate for you that your back surgery worked so well!!!

Anne, :crossfingers: :crossfingers: for good healing of your arm.

Breakfast is calling. :wave: to all here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to our friends who are not well!!!

Uschi

Yorky
06-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Uschi, the Clematis is Clematis Montana and they come in Pink or white. They can be a bit rampant but are reliably hardy here.

Doug

ScarletLake
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Hello Everyone
:wave: :wave:

Thought I would get in here early today. Been a really busy week here.

I've started the spring cleaning process and working in my bedroom. I had 3 bookcases in my bedroom filled with books and "stuff" and wanted to get them in the spare bedroom and really have all my craft/art stuff together.

It has been a job but I am making progress as time and other things allow.

Went to the first Farmers market of the season on Sat and did buy our tomato plants.

I see that Darla has had a time of it with her knee. I missed if she fell or it just acted up. I would be like her though and it would not spoil my trip. Hope she has a great time.

I got the bright idea on Mon morning that I would mow the front yard. Not a big yard at all. I used to love to mow. So I did. Then by noon my left should was hurting. Couldn't figure it out and then by late afternoon could hardly life my left arm up. Finally figured out it was from pushing and pulling the lawn mower:eek: :eek: Had to put a heating pad on it that evening and still it is sore.

Heading out for a haircut this morning. Everyone have a great day.

Anita

shipbroker
06-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Afternoon all......

Lovely day again although a few clouds creeping in...Darla glad you are enjoying Scotland...You will enjoy Edinburgh one of my favourite places in the world....

Doris...nice to see you so chilled again!

On way to golf saw maybe 100 baby rabbits scampering through the long grass en route to the main road.......not unusual. I even used to have rabbit pie, or steamed Cod, for Christmas lunch when I came home from London. Turkey I could have any day there..

geoff

CharM
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Good morning! It's cloudy and threatening to rain on my beautifully clean and clear windows. :mad: Such is life, eh?

The black and white *drop-off* kitty that I've been feeding on the back porch has been adopted! :clap: We named him Markus Van Pelt because he marked everything in our garage and his coat was continually damaged from scraps (fights) that he must have experienced. The new owners are keeping his name! :lol:

After a long day yesterday, I'm not going to do much today. I want to work on a painting and that's about it. I may clean out all the left-behinds that Magoo hasn't gathered in my soon to be second spare room. Maybe not. :)

I hope you had a good night, Geoff and a great game of golf!

Judy, after seeing previews for Torchwood I never, ever watched it! :)

Oh my gosh, (((Anne)))... I sure hope your recovery is speedier than anticipated.

What's your Class painting, Doug?

You are NOT neurotic, Annie... When one of our kitties won't come in, Ted will actually get in the truck and drive along our road just to "make sure"...

Doris, then I shouldn't tell you that they cleaned the 26 windows on both sides, their screens and tracks for $190? In less than two hours. Sorry. :p

I'm still shocked by the rude and thoughtless behaviour of your *friends*. They both have issues that you just don't need in your life! Your brother The Exterminator is such a champion!

Poor baby (((Max)))... there's just nothing more painful than an ear infection! Don't work too hard today, Ellen...

Darla, I'm hoping you bought a knee brace also... and like you, I'd walk through the pain and heal when I got home, too. I mean, how many times are you going to make this trip? ((()))

Tropical Storm Andrea has developed in the Gulf of Mexico, and is expected to hit the west coast of Florida late tonight. The storm is predicted to bring heavy rains and gusty winds. Georgia and South Carolina are also in Andrea's path.

Lulu, one of the benefits of watercolour is that we can store it flat, eh? I'm sure that looking through your stack would be a huge treat! (for me, especially)

Uschi, good luck in your tournament! :crossfingers: I love the smell of freshly cut grass (or newly mowed hay)...

((Anita)) I hope your shoulder feels better quickly!

Hi Geoff!!!

Ted brewed our coffee this morning and I'm going to get a second cup... I hope that everyone has a very happy and creative day... :grouphug:

Scene Chaser
06-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Good Day All,

It was lightly raining earlier but now the sun is shining. The house was quite cool and I had to turn on my little electric heater.

Ms. Feral is especially needy for attention.

I like how Char has said things this morning, so I'll ditto her remarks.

Going shopping today, which means Janet will be doing a lot of driving and we'll be home late.

Bill

NancyR
06-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Good morning. Woke up to a wonderful thunderstorm without any of the damaging winds. I planted a few flowers to finish off my garden last night, and they received the wonderful rain to get them started.

Doris and all fellow back pain sufferers, I go in for my 2nd shot on Monday. Doctor leaves next Friday for a two-week vacation in Israel. He pushed up the shot because he does not want me to go back to the way it was.

Darla, I would do the same. Hope you picked up a knee brace.

Anita, Doing things I did 10 years ago put me in my current state of back problems. Please be careful.

We have kept the bunnies out of our yard this year, but they are all over the neighborhood.

Got to run and get back to work. Hugs to all in need.

chroma
06-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Wish I could persuade Ruth to eat Rabbit, I used to love it as a boy.

Doug
Oh - I love the rabbits. We live on a Greenway in Amelia Island, Florida, our back yard is full of rabbits. They're so cute. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat them again - but I use to. And they're good! bj

LynnM
06-06-2013, 10:47 AM
:wave: Greyish out there, and chilly. But it looks like it is warming up a bit for the weekend :crossfingers:

More mending and ironing here, preparing still for the fashion show on Saturday. I have 5 outfits to manage, only one for me, but it is a pleasure to have them used, and I love having my son and his family involved. I'll really try to get some photos this time.

Welcome to the wash, bj! sounds like you live in a beautiful spot.

Hope you get some painting done, Char.

Yes, Anita, what Nancy said!! we need to do weight training to keep our arms fit for sudden stresses like that, and of course we don't feel it while the damage is being done, just after :eek: I did the same thing while moving house and pushing a heavy grocery cart laden with stuff in and out of doors, has taken me 8 years to get relatively better. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to do my exercises again this afternoon!

Good luck today, Uschi, as if you needed it!

Nice to hear from you, Darla, you will love the castles, I'm looking forward to your photos, I hope the knee isn't too bad today.

(((Anne)))

Greetings to all here and all to come, hope everyone has a great day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

ScarletLake
06-06-2013, 11:14 AM
OK stopping by again:wave: :wave:

Back from getting my hair cut this morning and I took care of a problem with the refrig. The light bulb burnt out this week and you don't know how much you miss that until it is not there.

I never even thought of where that thing was ---found it last night and got it out this morning after haircut stopped by hardeware store and bought one for $.98 and now we have light in the fridge again.:clap: :clap: :clap:

It is raining here now and I just heard thunder. I work at the museum store tonight and picking up a shift tomorrow afternoon also.

I have put in to help with a summer art camp with 4th,5th and 6th graders on bookmaking and art journaling. I will find out more about that next week.

Well gotta put my laundry in the dryer so will touch base later.

Sure hope Darla is fairing well. What a dream trip even if the knee acted up.

Anita

WthrLady
06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Still reading. Burried in boxes, playing havoc with torn something in shoulder. Weather work keeping me busy as well. Studio is still a loose pile of stuff. It will get there.

Swallow babies on the back porch keeping us bug free and entertained inthe evening as we overlook the the third hole in the evening.

Best to all.

Hugs to the broken.

painterbear
06-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 11:30 a.m. here in gently raining Oakwood. :clap: The new seeds and plants in the garden is being taken care of by Mother Nature today. :D

Just took a tray of meatballs out of the oven. We'll have four of them with sauce and spaghetti for dinner tonight. The rest are in the freezer getting cold. Then I'll put them in a freezer bag and we'll use them up over the next months. Easy peasy!

Doris, :thumbsup: on the John Singer Sargeant exhibition. What a treat that will be after your guests from Hades! :eeks: on the window washers charging $18/window. We have over 30 windows in our house (as we found out when we were thinking of getting replacement windows a couple of years ago....they count each panel, not just the window opening). Lucky Char getting hers done for such a reasonable rate. :D

Char, :clap: on finding a new home for Markus van Pelt. Don't be surprised if he shows up at your doorstep again since you've been feeding him for a while.

Ahhh, Ellen, poor Max. My middle daughter, Christine, used to get ear infections a lot when she was a toddler, so I know how painful they must be. Hope the antibiotics make him feel comfortable quickly.

Lynn, So glad your beautiful dresses are going to be used. It is a shame to have such lovely creations just hanging in a closet. :thumbsup: for your son's family being involved too.

Doug and Bill, I don't think I've ever eaten rabbit (but I may have when my Grandmother made things and served them without saying what it was like squirrel, for example). Anyway, Kent got a dish of rabbit when we were at a restaurant in Montepulciano, Italy, and he said it was delicious. Our local gourmet grocer, Dorothy Lane Market, sells it nicely packaged up beside the rest of the meats. Maybe I'll get adventurous and give it a try one of these days.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way. Gotta go make lunch now.

SYL,

Sylvia

JudyL
06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi again :wave:
I had rabbit once but didn't know it, when our youngest was born, it was the first meal I was served and thought it was some strange cut of chicken. Found out the next day. I was surprised they served this in a military hospital, oh in Okinawa by the way.

Also about rabbits, we were driving past a field full of knee high weeds, and saw rabbit ears bouncing all over the place! This is the same place I saw the turkeys, just strolling along the sidewalk (pavement).

Darla, take it easy on that knee, (Oh I LOVE Edinburgh!) but do pop a Boots and get either a brolly, (with a stopper) or a cane, Boots usually has them, and are very helpful!

We go 10 pin bowling tonight, :( not really looking forward to it, the kids will stay the night.

Doris, be sure to tell your brother he will be welcome in any of our homes, how clever is he!

LynnM
06-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Sounds like you've landed in a pretty nice spot, Caryl.....you will get the confusion under control in no time, you are good at that!

Yes, Sylvia, I love having the family involved. This time DGD gets to carry a doll with an 18th century flavour...there may be some discussions when I say it stays with the costume....will see how that works out :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of 10 pin either, Judy, did 5 pin in high school, that was fun! Can't bend much now to bowl properly, and refuse to walk to the line and drop the ball like some of the 'oldies' did in the league I joined for a few months. Decided it was not for me.

It's the small things that are so satisfying, aren't they Anita!

Now must get off this time consumer, BBL....

Yorky
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
It has been a wonderful day with temperatures in the 70's.

Rabbit is a very sweet meat and I can still taste it in my mind. One summer we were walking in Wensleydale when the path led through a rabbit warren, where rabbits are kept enclosed in a large field for food. As we entered the field it erupted with thousands of rabbits which ran for cover. The fence around the field had rabbit traps where rabbits that fell through the trapdoor were held until harvested.

Unfortunately I have had a recurrence of my ear infection which is making it painful to wear my left hearing aid. The course of antibiotics hasn't solved the problem. I'll have to go back to the doctors when we get back from Jersey.

Nice to see you in the Wash bj.

Doug

villagernb
06-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Good afternoon, fellow Washers! As I'm not allowed to do much of anything for a while you are all going to have to put up with me!:D

Judy, I really enjoy Torchwood. (I am a science fiction fan.) However the series of episodes in which everyone on earth stopped dying really creeped me out!

Annie, you don't really want to be Queen! You would have to wear a hat that resembles an upended bucket, ugly pumps with low heels, and your grandma's purse on your arm.:p The perks of the job are hardly worth it!;)

Doris, I just finished reading the Jane Smiley novel "Duplicate Keys". The male hero works at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and takes the female lead to the rose garden on a date. I would love to visit the garden! We grew many different roses in our garden in Ottawa, but most varieties don't do well in the Maritimes except for some of the mild areas of Nova Scotia.
Glad that Louis has recovered from the invasion of his kingdom.:thumbsup:

Ellen, poor little (((Max)))! Hope he's better soon.
My DH found the retirement seminars that he attended were very helpful.
:crossfingers: on retiring in two years. You have certainly earned it!

Thank you Uschi, Char and Lynn for your good thoughts re: my arm. Hopefully, at this point, it will be a question of patience.:angel: Mine and that of my DH!:evil:

Uschi, have fun at your tournament! Show your opponents no mercy!

Char, so glad that Markus was adopted.:clap:

Lynn, enjoy your fashion show. I'd REALLY love to be there to see it!

(((Caryl)) for your shoulder.

It has been a lovely late spring day here today. Lilacs are starting to bloom and this morning we were visited by a flock of cedar waxwings in our apple tree. They eat every part of the blossoms, including the petals. DH took some photos; we'll see how they turned out later after his bike ride.

I commented on Chroma's lovely painting, "Rocky Racoon" in the Gallery earlier, but didn't tell my favourite raccoon story. A couple of years ago in August, it was the night of one of the famous meteor showers. Almost every year, it's too overcast or foggy to see anything and I miss the show. If the sky is clear, it's absolutely dark here at night, so perfect for viewing. This particular night, it was not only clear, but unusually warm, so I went out on our front porch with a small flashlight (just in case) and sat in one of the adirondack chairs to watch Mother Nature's entertainment.
The meteors start passing just a few every quarter hour or so, and I was gazing up at the lovely sky, lots of stars to enjoy as well as meteors; my mind was having a good time wandering here and there; very pleasant.
Suddenly, I had the scary feeling that I wasn't alone! I switched on my flashlight, and right there in front of me about to sniff (if not bite!) my bare toes (I was wearing flip-flops) was a great big raccoon!:eek:
I yelled (loudly) he sat back and stared at me (not at all afraid of me). I chased him down the driveway and I'd have to say he ambled rather than ran. Returning to my chair I was too paranoid to shut off the flashlight so my show was over for the night and I gave up and went inside.
I agree with Bill and Ms. Feral; raccoons are :evil:

I think it's time for a nap; part of the healing process!:smug:

Anne

JudyL
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
I do like watching Torchwood, if only to watch John Barrowman :heart: I loved watching him on the This Morning show, when he would slip into a Scottish brogue :smug:

Been spending time looking for a chaise lounge that will enable my DH to lie on his stomach, and am fed up :mad: The ones I find are lovey but too expensive (his words) I have a vision of a wooden bench, with slats and cushions you know real furniture, I have found one, aluminum and canvas and UGLY!

Uschi
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Good late Afternoon, early evenining from a 74 year old woman who feels like a 16 year old teenager:heart: :heart: :heart:

OOOOHHHHH it is sooooo amazing how young and energetic I feel without all of the aches and pains. :heart: :heart: my Vioxx.

So I am here to show off, all together I must have played more than 20 games. Some with Dorothy and some with Ron. Dorothy and I won the GOLD for ladies double, Ron and I won the GOLD for mixed doubles and another GOLD for Ron and me for the couple who won more games than anyone else:smug: :smug: :smug: We didn't lose one signle game.

In all sincerity, I would gladly sign something that takes all responsibility off the Vioxx company if I could still get them.

I won't be here tomorrow morning because I am babysitting the kids at 8:30 a.m. at their house.

(((((((((Doug))))))))) try the old rememdy, coconut oil or olive oil warmed slightly and poured into the ear. Worked every time for my whole family.

Anne, good for us that you have to take it easy, we'll ge to hear more stories. On that note :eek: about the Racoon. You sounded very calm through the ordeal, I would have screamed my head off.

Lynn, that old woman standing next to the line at bowling and throwing the ball must have been me. You probably saw me at the kids birthday party:lol: :lol: Didn't realize I coudn't do that little dance before throwing the ball any more:lol:

Caryl, so, are you liking your new place - house and environment????

Leftover chicken and potato salad - no cooking:clap: Time to relax.

:wave: Uschi

New Gamboge
06-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I just lost my post, so will try again. Another beautiful day, picked the first 2 strawberries, which DGD loved. Went painting at my friend's yesterday, but spent the time looking at the pictures from her river trip in Europe - she had a great but tiring time.

We have had rabbit - done in a slow cooker, very good. The first time I had rabbit was in California, my great aunts raised them, but told us they were chicken as the were worried how we'd react.

DD and DSIL tried starling the other day - DGD loved it, I didn't as it is too close to liver for me.

I spent the day moving my bookcase, sewing machine and serger to my office in the basement (with DSIL's help), after clearing up my office, then did some furniture rearranging in my room - it's much less cramped, and will be even better when I move my painting desk back to the studio in the basement, once it becomes a studio again.
Betty

Posting photos from your smartphones to the internet can lead to anyone tracking exactly where the photo was taken. It also has an explanation at the end showing you how to set your privacy settings to prevent this from happening .

http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2vARzvWxwY?rel=0

WthrLady
06-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes and yes!

I SHOULD be totally done unpacking by tomorrow night (minus the office furniture and sofa that r on order) and should be fully decorated by sunday night, picts up and all. I try to keep it under a week from the delivery.

Work saturday might slow me down.

I don't do dh's home office either. That's his mess. I also need to order his shelving. Bleh.

I hope my studio doesn't take too long to toss together.

Drollaeem
06-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Wow, a lot going on for a lot of people!

I know for sure I will flub up names, so ((((hugs)))) to all! I don't have comfort cookies, but I did make a big asparagus omelet and will share. :)