PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Tuesday 4th June 2013 **

shipbroker
06-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Morning all.

Could you have started before 0300 but wifi is down and iPod didn't connect......

Doris. "The Great Escape"......well done your brother.

Another lovely day here, 21C (70F) yesterday....Summer temps!

Off for a few holes of golf soon.

geoff

Yorky
06-04-2013, 01:45 AM
A beautiful day here too Geoff, summer has come at last - but what happened to Spring?

Doug

Roun2it
06-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Mornin' each ........ :wave:

Lovely day here too ......... :clap: Doug .....Springs spring got twisted and never sprung.

New carpets in hallway and living room to be fitted tomorrow the decorating is done and the house is all echoy, I know it not a word but hey ... All the last bits need to be removed to other rooms today so everything is piled upon each other.

It won't help poor old Eric the cat, he is starting with dementia and the vet recommended that we keep everything the same so that he doesn't feel lost. ......... Whoooooooooops!!!!

Ok gotta go and empty the fish tank ..... :wave:

doppler
06-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Hi all.

Geoff ... I'll echo your sentiment re Doris's predicament.

Love your brother Doris. Saved you a heap of heartache. Just beautifully done. :lol: Is Louie out of the cupboard yet? Did that man really drink all the milk and eat all the strawberries? What a tosser!

Doug, spring will come in summer. :rolleyes: We are having a fabulous wet winter at the moment. :crossfingers: Quite out of season. Normally dry.

Gail, I'd love your lemon cream recipe. The lemons are falling off the tree at the moment and there's only so much lemon chicken you can make and ice cubes.

Wonderful photos of your sons wedding, Ellen. Relaxed and warm and all good :thumbsup:

Kitties are in, because Roger was water blasting the drive. I nearly landed on bottie walking down to the car the other morning and in my work clothes. He must love me. He also makes his own lists, saving me the pain of writing. I wouldn't anyway ... make lists. Writing? A lost art.

It's all tap tap tap now.

On that note :wave: Keep well all.

Roun2it
06-04-2013, 04:22 AM
Annie don't say wet, we don't need wet we are coming down-under at the end of this month to visit our son Michael for his 40th birthday ........ all we need is more rain ....... We knew it would be your winter but we couldn't change the date of his birthday ........ :lol:

doppler
06-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Kev, it will probably but not hopefully, on my part not, change to normal winter weather by then. Blue cold skies and the wicked witch of the west bansheeing in. Me, rain ? fall down the droplets. Welcome all.

You will get cold sunshine.:heart:

Roun2it
06-04-2013, 04:45 AM
What you call cold will be quite warm for us ......... :thumbsup:

I missed you last time we visited maybe you'll be around sometime? I know JJ wants to met up again. We will be staying in Brisbane 14th July to end.

doppler
06-04-2013, 04:51 AM
What you call cold will be quite warm for us ......... :thumbsup:

I missed you last time we visited maybe you'll be around sometime? I know JJ wants to met up again. We will be staying in Brisbane 14th July to end.

PM me Kev. I work so need a schedule.

Lulu
06-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Evening everyone:wave:
If you really want to know what wet is like come down here Kev!
It's been pouring it down today.
oh btw what happened to England in the cricket??? :p
Hope you're getting your hula skirt ready...

Loads of lemons here too Annie, in fact they're mostly wasted.
Picking feijoas, tamarillos, mandarins and the grapefruit will soon be ready too. Oh, also picking cooking apples.
Have been putting some of the fruit into the freezer to take to family living further south where it's too cold to grow the range of things we can.

Trying to get my head into painting mode again....not easy.

Annie, writing isn't a dying art.........I hand wrote a two page letter the other day!
And we write postcards to the children, emails are so easily discarded.
John writes them poems about the cats too!

I've kept all of Michael's letters that he wrote from boarding school - he'll find them one day! lol The first few were pitiful :crying:
He has good memories of his days there though (secondary schooling). He went to the same one as his father and uncle.
Oh, and I've kept the very first letter that John wrote to me too, Michael will find that one day too!:D

Doug, I am enjoying Sketch Away's blog that you posted in another thread.
Did Ruth find enough clothes in Southport? Enjoy Jersey, sounds wonderful. Not many sleeps to go!

Yorky
06-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Hi Lulu, went to M&S and found all the LONG trouser lengths were missing in all styles. Asked the assistant why and she said they always sold out and the system would order more. So - I asked why on earth if they are so popular they didn't order more of the long than the short and medium? She didn't get my implication. :rolleyes:

She had to order online and they will be ready for collection at the store tomorrow.

John a poet! I didn't know it :)

24C in the shade now, bowling this afternoon - will need the sun block and hat.

Doug

Lulu
06-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Gosh, Doug, 24C is quite warm for you there.
We're really into winter now, but in four weeks time we will be sunning ourselves again. :thumbsup: Well I hope! lol We might get tropical showers but at least it will be warm (and humid).
John has only begun writing poetry in the last few years, they are fun ones.:)
Once he gets going on an idea it's hard to stop him lol
I think the children will treasure them.

laudesan
06-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Beautiful day here. I had to go out this afternoon, to my favourite organic store. I was having such fun driving along to the sounds of Sonny Rollins. I just love trumpet/Sax music..... The sun was low and glowing. Just perfect..

I know JJ wants to met up again. We will be staying in Brisbane 14th July to end.:thumbsup: Absolutely!!!!! Annie we will have to contact and arrange something.. :heart:

:grouphug: :wave: Dinner/supper is ready..

Ellen in Ont
06-04-2013, 06:11 AM
:wave: everyone,
Zooming through on my way to work. It is 1C again and supposed to go to -2 tonight. This is not usual with the lows supposed to be 7 this time of year. At least they are promising sunshine for days so it will have a chance to get back to seasonal weather.:rolleyes:

Doris - what a great brother you have! Now you can relax.

Gotta run. Have a great day.

CharM
06-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Good, good morning from a sunny and cool (10C) SW of Ontario... it's not the best *growing* weather.

I'm off to the gym shortly and then will teach a Class this afternoon. That's the sum total of my exciting day.

Doris, your escape from the Ghastly Guests at your heroic Brother's hands is the stuff of legend! :lol: I have to wonder if these poor people have ANY friends? They don't even like each other.

Hiya Geoff and Doug...

How nice that you've been redecorating, Kev... and poor old Eric that you've been redecorating! :)

Annie, perhaps you could take a basket of your beautiful fruit to set on the counter at the Gallery... Offer them free to your Customers... :)

Lulu, when our Army Son was doing his basic training, he was ordered to write home. His letter to us read something like "How are you?. I'm ok. I have to write this letter to you. Love Jon" He stacked that with two other pieces of blank paper and mailed it. :lol: We kept it.

Doug, 24C is the perfect temperature!

:wave: JJ, Ellen and all yet to come. Wishing that Darla would check in and hoping her knee is ok. Thinking especially of Lesley and Henry and all under the weather... My freshly brewed coffee beckons... Have a great day everyone.

Yorky
06-04-2013, 07:47 AM
A bit hot for me Char.

The garden has come to life but the rockery is disappointing. On the left is the Philadelphus - Mock Orange and now the Ceanothus has flowered next to the acid yellow Acer.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2013/1046-Junegarden13.jpg

Still waiting to hear from Darla :crossfingers:

Doug

Uschi
06-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Good Morning!!!

Bright sunshine but it is coolish for this time of the year. I am not unhappy about it:)

I never did get out in the garden yeterday so definitely a pull you know what's out day today. That is after I come back from lunch with friend and before I take Ava for her swimming lesson.

I too wish we'd hear from Darla, I too am worried about her.

Ellen, loved the wedding photos!!! Handsome couple!! Can't wait to see you in your dress and as for Max, he doesn't need shoes because his feet are just too cute:)

Doug, your garden looks lovely and I love those two colouful bushes next to each other. You are still a bit ahead of us because the mock orange isn't blooming here yet.

Doris :clap: :clap:

:wave: to all here and all yet to come, I am hungry, need breakfast:)

Uschi

LynnM
06-04-2013, 08:43 AM
:wave: Lovely sun and 11C here, pretty cool but not wet at least. I'm off to the Village, prep for our show on Saturday. :crossfingers: for the weather, not looking good at the moment, but everything changes!

Have to do the dishes before I leave, DD is taking me out for lunch and plants for the balcony and will be walking through here.....:angel:

Lovely garden, Doug, you may be disappointed but it looks delightful from here!

Nice to hear of an Aussie meet, hope all runs smoothly for you Kev.

Have to run, greetings to all here, and all to come. Have the best day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Europa
06-04-2013, 10:03 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Had some sad news when I got home from the hospital - a letter arrived informing me that a long time friend of mine has passed away - her poor husband is in hospital so her son had written to inform me - her funeral is tomorrow but unfortunately I can't make it as it was too short notice to arrange for someone to sit in with Mum.

However have sent some Interflora flowers which should arrive later today and have just finished writing a letter.....strange that people mentioned writing letters rather than typing or emailing. I think written letters are more personal myself.

The hospital appt for Mum this morning was not without it's drama - the doctor we were scheduled to see had left so we had to see a doctor we hadn't seen before. This meant me going through the whole scenario again and finishing off with informing him that I was not leaving until he gave Mum some pain relief.

He sorted out a cortisone/steriod injection for her then said we would have to come back next week to see our original doctor as he himself wasn't actually an upper limb doctor :eek:

Then said he would make an appt for Mum for 8am next week.

Me - you have got to be joking....

Doctor....I here at 7am for my clinics...

Me....and do you sleep well the night before....and how old are you.....she is 92 for God's sake....she wakes up during the night....don't be ridiculous....there is no way I can get her here for 8am.....

Doctor....well 10.30 is too late...Mr Swarmy has left by then....

Me....so why the hell were we given a 10.30 appt and told this was the latest one we could have....you need to get your departmental communication up to speed......

So we got we got an afternoon appt.....you have to stick to your guns.....:thumbsup:

Mum is asleep now - am hoping this injection does work - she said she was still in pain but could move her arm better.

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in downtown Wigan - blues skies and sunshine - let's hope it carries on.

Am looking to buy a mobile ramp for the steps so I can then take Mum out in the wheelchair rather than having to wait for our John to do it as it is quite a struggle getting her down two steps at the moment......she is a little dumpling and not that lightweight.....lol.

Well better make a move - I need to make a phone call.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Strawberry Wine
06-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Good Day Washers ! Cool and sunny again this morning.. It will be a nice afternoon for working outside.

Yesterday we had a tree service come in and take down an old Ash tree. It was rotting from the bottom and was very close to t he house. No Emerald Ash Borer in our area yet but the arborist thought this particular tree had been hit by lightening at some point. They came in with a crane and took it down in 3 pieces, cut the wood into managable size logs for Dan to split and dry for eventual firewood and took away all the small messy branches. Ver professional and several hundred $$$$ less then two other tree removal companies. We have 2 other trees that need to come down next year so we will be calling this comapany again.

Ellen we took Ducoral when we went to Mexico and had no tummy issues either. I am looking forward to more photos when you can upload them.

Doris, your brother's plan was brilliant :thumbsup: One day, you will be telling stories about the Guests from H**l and laughing at their audacity.

Kev, a mini meet in the works again..... Great fun.

Lulu, when are you going to include Canada on one of your world trips?

Doug, your garden looks lovely.

I have two loaves of light rye bread in the oven and when they are done I can get outside.

Have forgotten who, is it you Pat, who is having another shot in the back.. I Hope all goes well.

The spinal fusion I had last year was definitely not a success and I will not consider further surgery. It helped the sciatica a little but the trade off is back pain that I never had before... :( Maybe this block is another option.??? Need more info.

Uschi, loved your roses.... What was the occasion for the dinner gathering.

Pat, why did you have to take Winnie to the infirmary?

{{{{{{ Lesley and Henry }}}}}

Cheers

Gail

Scene Chaser
06-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Good Day All,
Kev, fish for dinner? :)

Doug, the garden looks lovely. A nice view from your sitting spot.

Pat, you should hire yourself out as a go-between for people. We need more people like you to stand up for those who canít.

Gail, sorry your back is still a problem. Iíll never get another spine surgery unless I break something.

I think I can plant something in the garden today.
Bill

Uschi
06-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Uschi, loved your roses.... What was the occasion for the dinner gathering. Gail

Answer - GUILT:lol: :lol: :lol:

So sorry the operation didn't work as well for you as it did for my table tennis buddy Gord:crying: :crying: and HUGS!!!

Pat, I hope the shot works for your mom!!

O.K. I have to get ready to meet my friend.

:wave: Uschi

villagernb
06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Afternoon, Washers.

Ran errands this morning, so I am late getting out for my walk. Pleasant sun with cool breezes. We had record-breaking temps in Fredericton on Sunday, but in our Valley, we usually have cool to cold winds until well into July. (Thank you, Bay of Fundy!):rolleyes:

Doug, love your mock orange. We had a beautiful one when we lived in Ottawa, so a few years ago I saw a variety called a Newfoundland Mock Orange for sale at the Superstore plant nursery, and bought two of them to try here. They come back strong every spring, with no winter kill, but right about now when they have leafed out, the darn deer start chewing on them so they never have a chance to grow. I heard the "plant guy" on CBC Radio suggest last week to sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper to keep the deer away, so I have been trying that. The poor shrubs are only about a metre tall, thanks to the deer, so there isn't a problem covering them with a generous treatment. We shall see.

Back later

Anne

shipbroker
06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Anne...we had two young Roe Deer on our golf course today...not a rural course but bang in the middle of three large towns...and adjacent to a huge shopping park too......have seen deer before there but have no idea where they are actually living........we have some very tame foxes who come looking for food around the tee-boxes some days....they have eaten all the pheasants which were digging up the course, worse than hens.

Another day of 20/21C here, too hot to really garden but did some this afternoon when the sun had moved along a bit...could be with us until next week we hear.

geoff

LynnM
06-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear that the surgery has not helped, Gail. From your lack of comment I thought that might be the case.....:grouphug: .

Had a lovely lunch with DD. Came home with some tiny petunias, wave I guess they are, so I'll be planting this afternoon. A pleasant 19C now and a breeze, so no problems with the weather today :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss, Pat. What a runaround you are getting with your mum's care, I hope the next visit goes more smoothly!

Hi Anne, deer problems seem to be everywhere, we have it here too, along with the worry about deer ticks. Good luck with the cayenne.

Geoff, at least the foxes are good for something there. My cousin lives in London near a Common, and they had foxes living in the back yard, made a mess of the garden, and although they were entertaining, they outlived their welcome...they didn't miss them when they moved to another house!

kaypainter
06-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Sorry have not posted recently. Just too much junk in my life right now. Very upsetting.

Wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes though. Cheered me up no end. Spent the day of my actual birthday, 30th waiting for the UPS guy to deliver Esme's insulin. When he finally came, he said, "You know you can call this number, and they will call me, and we can meet up on the route when I am in the neighborhood." How's that for service? He's such a great guy. Well next time.

Finally got to do something with my neighbor the next day. Will try to give details when I feel better.

Yesterday got a letter from the IRS saying I owe an estimated tax penalty. I told the accountant when he mentioned it that I don't pay estimated taxes, and he said he would take care of it. Apparently he didn't. So know I have to go through the rigamarole of filing a form and explanation of why I don't owe it, and I need to get something from him or get him to file it. And if it can't be done before the 24 of June, I will have to pay it and then try to get it back. I'm furious.

Sorry to vent, but on top of that, my life seems to be a wreck.

I might as well say -- I had planned to move to New York last autumn. But then Esme got sick and all this stuff came down to deal with -- my teeth, etc. I had even started packing and was looking into plane tickets and hotels/BnB's. Good thing I didn't make the plane res. or I would have been trying to fly through Hurricane Sandy. I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway, when my neighbor up and moved to Boston, I just suddenly felt stuck because here I am still!!! I'm just having a pity party at the moment.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent. You guys are the best. I wish I could meet you all in person and give you hugs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

In lieu of that -- cyber :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Kay

Lulu
06-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Oh ((((Kay)))) :heart:

Lulu, when are you going to include Canada on one of your world trips?

Who knows Gail, probably unlikely now the family are in the Middle East. That will be our focus now, and anything around it. But I never say never, our trips seems to take on a life of their own...

I'm so sorry that you are still having back pain. ((( )))

Loved the sound of Jon's letter Char! :lol:

Pat, big hugs and loves for your mum :heart:

Must scoot, John and I offered to clean a house for a friend who is moving out, and today's the day.

Drollaeem
06-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Doug, your garden looks great!

We had a volunteer yellow iris bloom today. It has some wild phlox around it, and I'm scared to weed because I think the squirrels stole the iris from the neighbors.

Maybe I should sneak it back in the dead of night.

olliewood0702
06-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone:wave:

What an interesting vacation it's been. I really didn't know if I would be able to do our trip to Paris because I knew it meant a lot of walking. I have iced my knee for three nights. I'm still in a lot of pain but managing to hobble along. From favoring my left side it's made my calf muscle spasm something awful, making it really hard to walk. Ibuprofen and ice has been helping. I will have to make an appointment with my surgeon when I get home.

Our trip to Paris was nice, it's an interesting city. Some parts were quite dirty but what wonderful buildings and sights. We enjoyed the train ride under the English Channel. I was limping and the walking was rough but I took a lot of pictures. We had a partially guided tour so the afternoon was on our own. We had a hard time getting back to the train station, not knowing the language but with a nice girl helping us find the correct one we made it. Most of the people were abrupt but we met a few nice folks willing to help.

When we got back to London it was late and we still had another train ride to our hotel, well we took a wrong train and ended up having to get help finding the correct one. We got back to our hotel room at 1:00am.:rolleyes:

Today we flew to Scotland and are now with Josh. Yes I'm up late, but I thought I'd better let you know how things were going.

I need to get caught up on here but Internet has Been sporadic.

I hope all is well with you all.

I'll be back when I can.:wave: :heart:

Uschi
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Ava did well in swimming, only one more lesson forthis time around. Dinner at their place was good:thumbsup:

It was a beautiful day, sunny but not too hot. I spent several hours in the garden, pulled most of the Forget-me-nots. I feel so bad pulling them out because they do look soooo pretty. My garden looks succulent!!!!

The guy who seals driveways came by so I decided to let him do it. I must remember to get my car from the sidestreet and back on my driveway, the later, the better to make sure it is dry and solid.

Anne, I had a gorgeous bridal wreath bush which the bunnies love to eat when the snow is high and they can reach the branches, over the last two years they completely demolished it, not a bloom to be seen.

((((((((((((Kay))))))))))))) and :heart: I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time. I hope you can come up with a perfect solution for you and your kitties.

Darla, soooo good to hear from you!!!!! You are a tough cookie, my knee has been hurtin and I have to say, it really is painful and hard to walk with a hurting knee. I hope you, Larry and Josh will have a wonderful time in Scotland!!!

:wave: Uschi

FLNH
06-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Sometimes life does seem overwhelming, Kay, I hope things become more clear for you.

Darla, glad you were able to complete your trip.

LynnM
06-04-2013, 10:52 PM
((((Kay)))) thinking of you :heart:

(((Darla)))

Yorky
06-05-2013, 01:23 AM
(((Kay))) sorry you are having a rough time.

Hi Darla, so good to hear from you. Hope you bought a knee support, they are so helpful. Enjoy your holiday in Scotland.

Doug