PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mid-Atlantic Regional Watercolor Exhibition

Shelley Wilson
06-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Yesterday I dropped off my painting at Stevenson University in Baltimore, Maryland for the Baltimore Watercolor Society's 2013 Exhibition. The show is June 10th to July 31st. I was thrilled to have a piece accepted in the exhibit. Even though art has always been a part of my life, I had turned away from it for nearly fifteen years.

I own a small video production company, but I felt a restlessness and so a year ago I decided to set up a corner of my studio for art. When I finally sat down at my old drafting table and put paint to canvas, I realized how great it felt to spend four hours painting with paper and paint and brushes while that same four hour period in the rest of my studio was fraught with technology frustrations - editing software needing updated or plug-ins needing purchased and installed, computers out of date and struggling to handle the ever increasing demands of HD film. It suddenly seemed more enjoyable to spend four hours painting (away from technology) than filming and editing. I still have my production company, but the art side of the studio has grown from 20% of the room to 75% of the room and 75% of my time. I feel as though I'd been asleep for a very long time and am now awake.

Having a painting accepted into the exhibition is the start of something, I hope. Let's see where it leads!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2013/1186458-William-Gates.gif

Yorky
06-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Well Shelley, if you continue to produce paintings of similar quality you have a bright future in prospect.

Welcome to the forum.

Doug

CharM
06-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Shelley, I wish you the very best in your artistic journey... Your growth is definitely from the heart. :crossfingers: for awards and sales and a huge Congratulations for your acceptance into the Show... Your painting is really deserving!

virgil carter
06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Nice work, Shelly. I look forward to the catalog and posting of entries on the BWS web site. Keep painting!

Sling paint,
Virgil

painterbear
06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Congratulations on such a successful return to the painting side of your creative nature, Shelley. I can see why this piece was accepted into the Exhibition! It is beautifully done.

:thumbsup:

Sylvia

Antiqueteacher
06-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Shelley, you do beautiful work, so we will be waiting to hear the outcome of your Show!! A girl has to do what a girl has to do, you know. . .keep painting!

Katherine

laudesan
06-03-2013, 10:31 PM
:thumbsup: Good luck...

Irishman
06-04-2013, 02:31 AM
Best wishes

pjartwc
06-04-2013, 04:47 AM
Congratulations Shelly!