PDA

View Full Version : A fishermen house north of Dili, Timor Leste

Mostho
06-03-2013, 06:38 AM
I have to say that the fishermen house that I sketched here is one of my favorite subjects that I made so far.
The story about this subject is about my Saturdays and Sundays promenade. I use to go out to the restaurant for lunch, and then with my car going around. The sun was very hot as you can imagine, but the air conditioning in my car was working so not a problem. Also, I like to go on the road slowly. It's a promenade, made with car, and I like to stay safe and within the rules.

So while going North of Dili there was many villages of fishermen. Over these small villages of fishermen there was a bay with lot of sand. I was surprised since there was only this fishermen house with nowhere around. There was also one people inside (try to find him here in my drawing... :D ), under the deep shadow of the roof, seated.
And I was really caught by that view.

I stopped on the side of the road, I popped out all the art arsenal and I started sketching.
I made around the 40% of the sketching, most of the lines and some sky washes. Sketching was going very slow, I was not fully comfortable and I was caressing the idea of finishing later in the afternoon the sketch. So I took a picture and I finished later home.

http://www.broworkshop.com/sketching/wp-content/uploads/Sketching-in-Timor-Leste-a-fishermen-house.jpg

In this sketching I was using only the Noodlers Ahab fountain pen with Noodlers Black ink. I have to say that thanks to this sketching I will not throw in the garbage my Ahab. Leaking. Boring. Pen. Some light colors made on site but I made the final color washes on my room in the afternoon, later in my small small room.

Cheers!

Yorky
06-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Wonderful sketch.

Doug

Mostho
06-03-2013, 10:28 AM
THanks Doug!

DrDebby
06-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Great sketch. And I hear you about the Ahab. Not the best pen in the world.

Green Explorer
06-24-2013, 02:30 PM
I love this one - it really captures the atmosphere of the beach and the strong colours work really well.