PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Echecs
06-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello :wave:
I've been a member of WC for a while now, but I'm what you'd call a lurker :clear: I've been having a go at watercolours for about a year now, I'm really addicted to this meduim, it's so special, but I really need some sort of feedback, (other than family and friends :heart: ). I've decided to have a go at the challenges here and follow any advice given. I've already started the lobster boat challenge.

Thanks in advance for having me :-)

Deborah

laudesan
06-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Welcome out of lurkdom Deborah.. :wave:

Strawberry Wine
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome Deborah.

:thumbsup: on leaving lurkdom and introducing yourself.

The monthly challenges and classes are two excellent ways to practice your skills. You most likely have already checked out the extensive archives of articles, WIP, and previous classes and the Watercolour Handbook.
If not, click on the links in my, Dougs, Sylvia's and many others SIG line.

One of the most important things to do is post your work so others can see it. You will learn much from the comments and suggestions of your fellow artists.

Cheers,

Gail

EDIT: I forgot to mention, please join in the Daily Wash and get to know many of us in this forum.

painterbear
06-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi Deborah,
Congratulations for coming out of lurkdom into the light. ;)

Welcome to our wonderful watercolor forum. I think you are on the right path by joining in the challenges. Try out some of the classes too. If you post a painting in the Homework thread of any of them, it will bring it to the top and someone will respond, I'm sure. ;)

:wave:

Sylvia

Echecs
06-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've just found the class thread after rummaging around, so I will be doing some of those :-)

Deborah

Yorky
06-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi Deborah, welcome to the forum. You will make some good friends here.

Doug

reikiart
06-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi, Deborah! Welcome to the forum!

Drollaeem
06-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Hello! I also want to echo what the others have said - the comments and support I've gotten by sharing my paintings help motivate and guide me. This forum is full of Fairy Godmothers/fathers (though Fairy Godfather sounds like a weird movie) of painting!

CharM
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the Forum Deborah.

Lawrence Fox
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Deborah:

Welcome, and you'll be glad that you've come out of lurk mode--this is a terrific place, filled with great, helpful advice! Post your work and ask your questions!

villagernb
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Deborah.

Welcome and congratulations on emerging from the Lurking Closet; it gets crowded in there! Much more fun outside.

Cheers, Anne

Antiqueteacher
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Deborah, welcome to the Forum!! Think that you will have a lot of fun and learn a lot, too!!

Katherine