06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Morning all

Another nice morning but birds very quiet so far Gardening
and some shopping on agenda today

Back later

geoff

Undergoose
06-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Good early morning. Still painting away, taking a nap soon, doing very little painting yesterday, got some brush reviews out of the way that I'd been meaning to do.

Back to painting for me for a while :)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday

Lulu
06-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Good evening everyone, 5.20 pm here and just closing up the drapes etc to shut the night out. Has been quite mild today, currently 14C but got to 18C earlier.
Have been gardening, walking, entertaining friends who visited to hear about our holiday. Always great reliving it. Have almost finished organising photos too.

Karl, you are taking a nap?? Be careful now, that sounds like something old people do.......:p

((((Darla)))) :heart:

Yorky
06-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Good morning all. Awake early again:rolleyes:

It's another lovely morning here, hope it is the same for Darla and Larry.

We'll be going to Southport this morning, Ruth has lost so much weight shej needs new clothes.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
06-02-2013, 01:31 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just got home safe and sound and heading to bed. What a difference in temps. We left a humidex of 40 and today's high here will be 5. :rolleyes: See you after a good sleep.

Undergoose
06-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Karl, you are taking a nap?? Be careful now, that sounds like something old people do.......:p

Well, I was going to, but then I walked into the bedroom and forgot why I was in there. :lol:

So now I'm painting again while chatting with Mom on the phone.

Lulu
06-02-2013, 02:53 AM
Oh no Karl, you've already got the beginnings of old timers disease Karl.......be careful who you associate with lol :lol:

Welcome back Ellen, looking forward to the photos.

doppler
06-02-2013, 03:52 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Karl, age is as contagious as life. Don't get one without the other. :clear:

Lulu, you were warmer than us today.:confused: AND you are more southerly.

Day was spent washing, hanging it out, sorting SOCKS. SOCKS? The orphan home is going to the bin soon. Sheets changed, bathroom scrubbed, kitchen tidied, Dyson rumble, cats off until the sudden rain storm hit them and then washing line. Cats in. Washing still out. Rinse cycle. :rolleyes: Though with the dry south westerlies it may be the drying cycle by tomorrow.

Hi Doug and Geoff.

Darla and Larry have fun :thumbsup:

Ellen, hope you did too.

Caryl did. Stormchaser woman. HOPE all was well.

Belated Happy Birthday to Kay. Hope whatever you did was good.

Karl, yes you have do what you have to. Keep upbeat and well.

Have not forgotten Lesley's dilemma either Henry. Just BEST HOPES AND WISHES to you both. Unspoken but typed.

Dinners burning/cooking so I shall be off, if not already off.

Wind screaming like a banshee yowiii now .... South westerly hurler. My fave. NOT.

Lulu
06-02-2013, 05:42 AM
It is a long holiday weekend here, celebrating the Queen's Birthday which was April 21!!!.
I wonder how much longer it will be before NZ cuts its ties with the monarchy...

Yes, Henry, best wishes for you both from us too. As we say here, Kia Kaha - stay strong.

Yorky
06-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Today is the 60th anniversary of the Coronation of our Queen, and it is being replayed on tv.

Doug

laudesan
06-02-2013, 05:52 AM
Hey all.

I had my drawing workshop yesterday, and this afternoon I decided to clean out my Linen Closet. Man, I am a plastic bag-aholic..:eek: I have a tone of the things to take to the recyclers when I next go out. I have a huge bag of old linen for the RSPCA as well. So I made space in my Linen Closet for my sewing and jewellery "stuff" now the end opposite my office is clear, I am setting up an art space.

I am beat dinner is ready..

:grouphug: Darla :grouphug: Buy an elasticised knee brace/support. :heart:

(((((Henry & Lesley)))))

Lulu
06-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Today is the 60th anniversary of the Coronation of our Queen, and it is being replayed on tv.

Doug

On tv here too Doug. I admire her. I doubt that NZ (or Australia for that matter) will cut our ties with the monarchy while she is still alive. Keeps being talked about though.

Hi JJ, I need to declutter 'stuff' too, in fact I need to have a major declutter.....I need to think 'moving' then I can do it properly lol
I saved plastic bags from Abu Dhabi because they were from the Lulu hypermarket and have Lulu written on them, I'll never be able to throw those away.:)

laudesan
06-02-2013, 06:29 AM
The majority of my bags came from Canada. Some from the UK and Paris.. Red bags, I am a sucker for red, and purple bags too. :o I had a polystyrene box full of them and overflowing all over the linen closet floor. I saw my beloved Curry's bag go in the bin - it had finally fallen apart.

I will just have to go for another trip! :smug:

CharM
06-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning from a very sunny and blessedly cool SW of Ontario. It rained during the night, bringing the cooler air with it.

An *Awh... :( * moment... Jean Stapleton has passed away.

Last evening we planned to go and see the new Will Smith movie but changed our minds and rented a couple of movies instead. We watched the Avengers and tonight we'll watch Coma.

I did get lots of weeding out of the way, yesterday. I hate that job.

I could do a couple loads of laundry today... and a little housework... nothing exciting. I FINALLY found a reference that I really like from Morguefile... I'm going to get it drawn out today for sure.

It's an exciting life.

Hiya Geoff, Karl, Lulu...

Welcome home Ellen!

Doug, hasn't Ruth been eating your apple pie and chocolate cake?

Lulu, Canada is also part of the Commonwealth... I doubt that we'll ever cut ties... that's a good thing, I think.

Annie, when you bring everything in off the line, it's going to smell SO good...

Decluttering makes you feel really good, eh JJ? I thought you already had a Studio space...

:wave: to all yet to come... and my prayers are with those who're under the weather... hoping that Darla's knee is feeling better... :grouphug:

shipbroker
06-02-2013, 08:50 AM
The Commonwealth of Nations has 54 members, some of which were never ever part of the 'British' Commonwealth, mainly French speaking African countries....nice that they wanted to join us....

I would have thought that Oz would be the first to eventually break-away from Crown allegiance having so much a wider diversity of nationalities and being a much larger country than NZ....

Hot here, at least 19C ( Ok to some of you that is cool!)

geoff

Uschi
06-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Good Morning!!!

Blessedly cool here too Char but we do not have the sun to go with it. Rather dull out there.

I painted a couple of 5 x 7" versions of my own roses but painted them with different shading. Variety is the spice of life:lol: :lol: Anyway, I thought others might like to see the difference so I actually posted it in the Gallery. You can see them HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19643406#post19643406)

So that is what Ihave been poodling around withthis morning. The masses (my family) are coming for the chilli dinner late afternoon so have to get a few things ready and bought.

Sylvia, I serve mine with a blob of sour cream and a french bread stick.

Darla, I REALLY, REALLY hope your knee is feeling better today and that you have a great day of sightseeing.

Karl :lol: :lol: :lol: at your entry in the May Fuchsia Challenge!!!!!

I need breakfast so :wave: to all of you!! BBL.

Uschi

Strawberry Wine
06-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Good Day Washers.

It rained again overnight and is supposed to continue off and on over the day. Then the nightime temperatures are going to drop to 4 C - 6 C for the next few nights :( I am beginning to wonder if we will get much of a crop of anything this summer... Hopefully, we will start to receive normal temperatures as June progresses.

:grouphug: Lesley and Henry :grouphug: Positive thoughts and energy, always.

Karl, hope your mouth is feeling a little better today.

Ellen, glad you are home safe and sound and I too am looking forward to the photos.

Darla, as others have suggested a really good knee support brace from a high end pharmacy should help stabilize your knee. If it starts to worsen go to a walk in clinic or emergency (that is why you bought travellers health coverage). They may be able to offer something more high tech then a pharmacy. Do whatever you have to do so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation in relative comfort. :crossfingers: that you wake up tomorrow and all is well.

Anne, another perennial that is easy and very hardy is Burgamot ( Bee Balm) I have it growing in both the traditional red and a pink purple fuschia colour. It spreads quickly but not invasively.

Time to get something to eat so I will :wave: to all BBL

Cheers,

Gail

Doris345
06-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Washers

((Lesley))
((Darla))

Hi and hugs to everyone else. I only stopped in for a minute before I run out and shoot myself.

Guests are here; he is totally obnoxious, she is so cowed by him that I want to shake her (she is NOT that way when we are alone -- we are friends since 6th grade when I beat her in the spelling bee).
My apartment has been taken over by their stuff. Louie is smarter than I - he is in the closet and staying there.

We went out to eat dinner, I excused myself from the table at the end, and when I got back he told me what my share of the bill was. I certainly dont expect free meals when I go out to eat, but it is the principle of the thing - he is staying in my house cause they claim they cant afford a hotel [who let the chickies in? cheep cheep], AND he had asked me where we could go that was not expensive, so my share was only $20 or so. (Scrumptious Thai food just across the street). They are driving a brand new BMW and wearing fancy designer duds. They couldnt wait to tell me about all their fancy vacation cruises. Then, "your meal was $22.00."

He actually said it was too bad they couldnt bring their dog.

OK, ranting is done, pity party is over. Gonna go hang myself now. BBL.

Doris

Scene Chaser
06-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Good Day All,
Overcast and rainy. Same as yesterday. Did manage to sneak in a chicken barbecue last night, though.

Iím hoping Darla has found some relief for her knee and can better enjoy her vacation.

Doug, good on Ruth for the weight loss. Don't you need new clothes, too?:)

Ellen, welcome back to home sweet home. Hope the stomach is better.

I hate to say this, but I remember the Queenís Coronation. We had a TV for almost year by then.

Uschi, love your paintings and would love some of your chili, too.

Gail, Iím worried about gardening, too. I have a lot of plants to put in and itís too muddy to do it.

Doris, some men are just a/?#@#%s. Maybe you should tell him what his share of the apartment costs are for the stay?

Continuing paperwork today. Itís a long story.
Bill

LynnM
06-02-2013, 09:40 AM
:wave: Grey here, I saw one sun burst and then more drizzle. I am supposed to sit in two gardens to paint today.....not sure if that is going to happen! Luckily they are both close to home, so I can retreat if necessary.

Had a lovely little wren visit my balcony this morning...I have a decorative bird house there (hole is blocked up against any visitors) and I think he/she was checking it out. Such a cheerful song they have.

((((Henry and Lesley))))

((((Darla)))) good advice^^^^^^!

Sorry about your accident, Karl, hope it feels better today.

Oh (((Doris))), how awful!!! That beats the visit from my cousin with her new hubby by a mile. Let's say we were not on the same wave length, but the worst he did was back seat drive and refer to me in the third person when I was right there in the car. You may have to discover you have an urgent need to be elsewhere. edit: Bill has an excellent idea!

I agree, Gail, this is the weirdest spring since we've been here (1970).

Hi Uschi, looking forward to seeing your roses.

Char, I had an 'ahh' moment too when I saw your note. She was a wonderful actress.

Hi JJ, great that you will have more space, I need to reorganize again, or maybe declutter is the right word, still got too much stuff.

Welcome back, Ellen!

Looking forward to seeing more photos, Lulu!

Greetings to Doug, Geoff, Annie and all to come

I'm off to sit in my neighbour's damp garden! It's great to have artists there on a garden tour, but I would prefer some sun :rolleyes:

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

laudesan
06-02-2013, 09:48 AM
An *Awh... :( * moment... Jean Stapleton has passed away.

Decluttering makes you feel really good, eh JJ? I thought you already had a Studio space...
Good Old Jean made it to 90, that is not a bad innings.

My studi is damp, musty, and full of "stuff" that is non art related. Because I wasn't painting in there for so long, it got to b the junk room :( :crying: I loved your bracelets..:thumbsup:

Uschi, love your paintings, and your observations!! :thubsup: I prefer the first one for sure.

GramPat
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone!

Wasn't yesterday beautiful? Today it is overcast and 75F and they are calling for occasional thunder showers It got to 89F yesterday and last night was a nice little breeze. It was humid, but a wonderful day to drink lemonade. Got my yard mowed (took me about 1 hour and 45 minutes); took my tarp and loaded it with the 2 piles of blow down that I hadn't take to the far back, washed my picnic table and chairs and put up my hammock. After a shower I decided it was the right time to swing in the breeze........ Even took a nap. :) Can say that my back is not too bad this morning after all the work.

Well, to catch up on news.......It took about 4 days for my injection to start to kick in. I have gone from 15 on the 1-10 scale to about 5. Now remember that pain is relative and quite subjective. Depends on who is feeling it. My 5 might be someone else's 10. Was kicking in just in time for the Memorial Day show.Today I was pretty stiff getting out of bed, but after doing my stretches, I am ready to face the day....Of course coffee helps too. Think that I might try to wash my car this afternoon. Depends on the rain.

My craft sale on Memorial day was good. Had several items on clearance and moved almost all of them. Now I can paint new things. Did anyone Google Boalsburg or Memorial Day last week? Lots of things were going on in town. Very good turnout.

Ushi, what time is dinner? I love chili!! I like to make it with black beans. They stand up very well to lots of seasoning.

(((Darla))) getting an elastic brace will help a lot. Wouldn't want you to miss out on anything on your trip. Put some ice on it a couple of times a day if you can. Especially at night,

(((Leslie and Henry))) I think and pray for you often. Waiting is the pits and I hope that treatment starts soon.

Char, you speak so highly about Jeanne Dobie's book Making Color Sing so I bought a copy so started to read it while laying in the hammock. Really informative and has really made me rethink my painting. It is a must have! Jean Stapleton........I loved her. I loved her on All in the Family. Edith and Archie....

I got my new copy of Cheap Joe's Summer Sale Catalog. They were having an internet sale last week of $1.00 shipping on orders over $35.00 (good until 5/31/13)....couldn't pass that up. I really wanted a DVD by Liam Quan Zhen, Painting Traditional and Chinese Watercolors. Unfortunately not on sale, but ........ They had a set of Cheap Joe's Golden Fleece Travel Brush set on sale......I have been looking at them for quite awhile so..............Can't pass up $1 shipping!

Annie, I love the smell of laundry when you bring it in off the line. Right now our pollen count is pretty high and I don't dare hang anything out. :crying:

Karl.....what can I say? Your description of your mouth made me shudder....I hate it when I cut or burn (blister) the roof of my mouth. :eek: Not comfortable... AND your tongue will NOT leave it alone.

JJ, would you like to come and declutter my home? My painting has really taken over. I like plastic bags too, but save them for my shows. I like the sky blue ones. So pretty. I even get some yellow ones once in awhile.

Didn't realize how chatty and long this post is. Sorry :angel: Char, Doug, Geoff, Lulu, Ellen and others to come, hope that you have a great day! Another cuppa is calling me. Might return a bit later.

Hugs,
Pat

WthrLady
06-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Got here late yesterday! Photos don't do this house justice. It's huge!

Stuff comes tomorrow. Some shopping today. Still using phone, so mostly just reading.

Hugs to those that need them. Waving to all.

GramPat
06-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Caryl, So glad that you made it safely. I'm sure that you will make it your "own" very quickly. Have you figured out which will be your painting room?

Pat

GramPat
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Oh Doris! What a JERK!! IF I was his wife, I would have been sooooo embarrassed :eek: i'm with Bill.......Maybe you should tell him and give him a receipt for his breakfast as well as his share of the rent while he stays with you. :evil:

Can't afford a hotel room, but drives a Beamer!! Some people........Maybe Louie will share his hidey hole with you.

Hugs to you Doris. You will certainly get a star for your crown in heaven. :angel:

Sylvia, just wanted to say thanks for taking care of my posts when WC went haywire. That one post just kept multiplying; not sure why, but it seemed to have a mind of its own. But it didn't navigate itself to another forum.

Pat

Undergoose
06-02-2013, 11:34 AM
*yawn*

Good nap :)

Mouth is doing good, swelling down, pain almost gone. Wooo, my tongue is behaving. It must have gotten bored with its new toy.

Maybe just a little longer nap...back in a while :)

Uschi
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
22C and it is positively cold:evil: :lol: Heavy rain showers on and off all morning.

Doris, it is all a matter of priorities and they are obviously very clear about theirs and you are helping them achieving them:evil: :lol: Another life lesson learned:)

Caryl, it doesn't matter if the house looks smaller on the photos, we want to see it anyway:D So glad your trip is over and you made it there safely!!

Pat, after 15 on the pain scale, 5 is positively euphoric:clap: :clap: The family is coming at 5:00p.m. would normally be later but the kids need to go to school the next day so by the time they'll get home it will be around 7:30 p.m then bath etc.etc. Glad your craft sale went well!!!!!

Yes, sad about Jean Stapleton, I too adored her and that show!!! I wonder what constitutes dieing of "natural causes" means, or dieing of old age, what gives out???? Always wondered about that. Can never remember which way to spell dieing, I mean the dead dieing, is it with the y????

Just heard on the radio that the professional stormchaser and his son (didn't catch their name), seems they have a TV program, got caught in one of the Tornados and died.

Lynn, I too love that wren's song, 3 or 4 distinctly different tunes.

Gail and Bill, yes, we certainly have had our share of rain, personally I am happy about it because it only takes a couple of hot days for the ground to be hard as a rock again.

Thanks for your nice comments on my paintings!!!

Sunny again, for how many minutes I wonder:D

:wave: Uschi

shipbroker
06-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Doris..how awful........would feel like billing them too.

Boiling here up to 20C ( sori Uschi you know what British weather is like you lived here long enough).....just re-started planting the surfinias and geraniums I bought last week....as plants soon go raggy and we plan on being away such a lot this year I have halved the number of containers planted in hope that they stay brighter/longer.

geoff

CharM
06-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Hiya... the sun alternates behind the clouds or shining brightly... it's nice and cool.

Laundry's done. New painting drawn out. I think we're going to town to visit my Mother for awhile.

Wow, Geoff... I didn't realize that there were so many Commonwealth Members... that's kind of neat!

Your roses are really pretty, Uschi... no surprise there... isn't painting those small pieces a lot of fun? Once the cold weather is behind us, I don't much care for heavier meals like chili or lasagna... it becomes a real challenge to feed a crowd! Will your vegetarian grandsons be there for dinner, too?

It's sure not a good growing season, Gail... we're not getting enough heat units into the ground down here, either.

Doris... you've been placed in a really uncomfortable situation. :mad: If you confront the husband, he'll likely take his displeasure out on your friend... it's all about *power* for him. Be thankful you don't have to live with him permanently and grit your teeth until they leave... so sad.

Hi Bill... I love to put a chicken on the rotisserie and just leave it for about an hour or so... with a back burner, we never have to worry about flare ups.

Lynn, I don't think I'd want to be painting in the cool drizzle... :(

Don't get me started on the junk taking over, JJ... it seems to have a life of its own, eh?

Pat, it'll be Christmas in June when your package arrives! :clap: I did make some colour substitutions when working Jeanne Dobie's exercises because I don't use or don't want some of her pigment choices.

:clap: Welcome home Caryl!

Isn't it amazing how quickly your mouth has begun to heal, Karl? Especially when we consider all the stuff we put in there! :lol:

K... Ted's making the move to head out the door... we bought Mother a shower stall bench and it's been in our truck for a couple of days. I think Ted wants it out of there! :)

Oh... can anyone tell me what this flower is?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2013/20514-BeeFlower.jpg

JudyL
06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Hiya :wave:
Darla, I agree with the others, go to Boots, also, do what I did get a sturdy umbrella, and get a rubber stopper thingy to stick on the end, like on a cane. That REALLY helped me when I had that sacroilitis (sp) I really like having a stopper on my brollies.

I must admit I did not have any troubles driving on the left side of the road, much easier when everyone else is, and the steering wheel is on the right side of the car. Roundabouts are not too bad, but never was challenged by the "magic roundabout" I have heard that you can get a t-shirt that says
"I survived the Magic Roundabout" GPS is a big help.

The Graduation party went well, I was even forced to play Bocce Ball / Bowls
Did not do too badly.

Uschi
06-02-2013, 03:48 PM
All is ready except some last minute things.

I tested the chilli, knowing that DIL's mother and the kids can't stand anything hot I only added 1 teaspoon of dried chilli peppers into a HUGE pot, figuring that those who like it hot can add hot sauce. Well,there is a bit of a twinge after you swollow the first spoon full, and I KNOW the above mentioned people will not eat it:rolleyes:

So, since it is cooler today, and having the oven on isn't going to be a problem, I fell back on a smaller version of vegetable and cheese lasagna and I bought some Knackwurst. Always complicated with these fussy eaters in my extended family.

Char, yes, the younger of the two boys, Sethi, is coming, he eats Vegan, adding another complication:rolleyes: :lol: Verdi is now almost 20 and doing his own thing with his friends. That bee is certainly enjoying that flower, don't know what it is.

I am serving my Austrian Ice Coffee for dessert (1 or 2 ss??:lol: ) EVERYONE loves that one.

Switching driving sides really isn't a problem because as Judy said, everyone else drives the same way, I used to constantly switch back and forth whenever visiting my family in Austria. The exit ramp on the channel boat let you out on the proper side and so you just continued on the same side. I must admit, I don't think I could handle those London Roundabouts i.e. Picadilly Circus any more.

Judy, glad the graduation party went well and you actually enjoyed yourself.

Previously I mention the lack of bees this spring, well surprise, surprise, those nasty little green worms that attack the rose leaves and buds are missing too:thumbsup:

My perennial flowers are going wild, almost as much rain as in England and they LOVE it.

Talking about rain, the whole entire day - sun, downpour, sun, downpour.

Sunny again:D

:wave: Uschi

LynnM
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Char, it's Dame's Rocket. It looks like a phlox, and people call it wild phlox, but it only has 4 petals. Apparently it was an import from Europe, but a more acceptable one than the garlic mustard. I love the perfume, some are blooming along the rail trail here, it's lovely!

The weather co-operated for once and I got a couple of lovely hours in the first garden, posted my ink and wash in the studio (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319234). The second garden was a different story, forgot my pens at home, so had to draw with a small brush....still, I have a basic sketch and will see what I can do with it. They had the most modern kitchen I've ever seen, on their back patio! I chose the fountain and the hosta for a formal arrangement.

LCPainterCat
06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
A Quickie:

Uschi:
Desert/dessert was my public downfall many years ago, when I made a huge poster advertising a local event, with "Brownies and Ice Cream for Desert."

A teenager crossed out my word, and wrote: "DESSERT has double S because it's Super Sweet!

I was embarrassed, but have never forgotten that Desserts are "Super Sweet"!

What is Austrian Iced Coffee?
Lynn/LC

Flattwo
06-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi to All

Thanks Annie and Lulu for your words and to everyone else who is supporting us :thumbsup:

Re driving, there are a lot of countries that drive on the left, mostly ex British colonies, Japan also drive on the left, which is handy for export of cars to the UK, The Italians drive anywhere on the road, especially in Rome :eek:

Speak later, off the watch the pre recorded football (soccer) match between Brazil and England

Henry

Lulu
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Good morning everyone, a dull but dry Monday morning.
The Queen's Birthday honours have been announced.....

Yes, Char, I did know that Canada was part of the Commonwealth.
Geoff, the size of the country would have nothing to do with breaking away, nor would cultural diversity, although NZ also has a great diversity of cultures now too.
But, it's not going to happen any time soon......just saying that there are on-going questions about the relevance.

Doris, that would really get me fuming!!! I'd have to say something, he's just using you!
What comes around goes around though, even with his flash car and cruise holidays he's obviously not the happiest person....

Driving on the 'other' side of the road.....lots of accidents are caused here by tourists doing just that!

Must scoot, breakfast then walking :wave:
ps am eating a yacon - something new to me - our friends brought some yesterday. They are a tuber and grow like a potato.
Peeled and eaten raw, quite bland, but refreshing taste.
Plenty of health benefits apparently.

Italians drive anywhere on the road, especially in Rome :eek:

Yes!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Doris345
06-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Thank you, dear WC friends, for letting me vent re: my on-going saga. As we all know, no good deed goes unpunished.

So Essie and I talked about making a quick run up to the nearest Warehouse Club so I could do a stock-up on some things. She said she was not keen to drive through Manhattan traffic and would I mind driving. He said No, I could not drive his car and if Essie didnt want to drive then we could just go and rent a wreck. Essie swore she would drive and the minute we got near the car she handed me the keys and begged me not to tell him I was doing the driving.

We also stopped at a local specialty store and picked up some prepared salads so we could have a 'nibbly/noshing' supper. She bought several items and I also bought a couple of salads for myself for the coming week. We were setting up some platters and I had her salads out but only one of mine. Essie actually asked why we weren't eating my food also.

After our shopping excursion she poked through my frige and asked if she could have some of the homemade rugulah that I had in there. I said sure. Later when I took one of her prepared, packaged, chocolate treats she said she hoped I wasn't eating them all cause hubby liked them.

They have been drinking my ice tea like water, which is fine, and they are welcome to all they want, but when I drank some of their bottled specialty stuff he managed to comment on it.

Oh, and they actually sort of hinted that they may want to stay until Thursday so they could see this very dear friend whom they love so much and miss so totally. You will be happy to know that I actually said, "That would be great for you to go and see them - I really need to do so many things this week when you leave, and I am sure that since these friends are so close then you can stay with them." She looked embarrassed, he was angry (but not angry enough to leave).

OK - done for now. BBL with more of the SAGA

Doris

Ellen in Ont
06-02-2013, 08:19 PM
:wave: everyone,
We are unpacked, working through all the laundry, and I'm still recuperating.

I am almost missing some of the heat from Jamaica since the temp here is only 5 with a chance of snow tonight! :eek: I looked through my photos but no good ones of my dress on my camera. There will be plenty from other people so I will show you one later. Tomorrow I'll try and post a few of the wedding.

I need a coffee and a bite to eat. :rolleyes:

Lulu
06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh Doris.......
reminds me of John's uncle who, when given a mat with 'welcome' on it, jokingly turned it around the other way so guests could see that they were welcome to leave lol

I think you need to turn your mat around.........now!

laudesan
06-02-2013, 10:40 PM
(((((((Doris))))))) Tell them they have to leave, you have a hospital appointment, you have another guest coming, you have to go away, you haven't paid the rent and have to leave on wednesday........... :grouphug:

JudyL
06-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Doris,...What JJ said! Life is too short! I have a dear friend who married someone like that. :rolleyes: