PDA

View Full Version : Would you change this?

CSForest
06-01-2013, 01:48 PM
This is a painting I did a long time ago that has been collecting dust in my closet. I haven't made much effort to sell it because, frankly, I just don't think it's something someone would want on their wall. I originally painted it for an art competition with an environmental theme. It depicts pollution from the factory encroaching on waterways and is titled, "Last Song". It may prove a point, but I don't think it makes for nice wall art. I'm thinking of changing the background to something more cheerful. But I'm not sure if it's worth the time or if my time would be better spent just making newer, better paintings.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2013/94004-blackbird-last-song.jpg

Vivien Maloney
06-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi Crista - it's a wonderful painting!
I understand how you painted if for an Enviromental Exhibition and the smoking chimney in the background and the strong focus on the bird and foliage depicts that exactly! It's a painting that makes a real statement.:thumbsup: Personally, I wouldn't change a thing! Whether it makes a sale or not, I wouldn't know, but maybe in a corporate office in that particular field would be one option? Good luck with it and I wouldn't paint over it! If it doesn't sell its a keeper for sure!

cem
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I agree with Viv.

Avena Cash
06-01-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't think you should change it but rather try to find the right home for it.

Maybe even make it a donation to a nonprofit or educational organization who will display it and recognize you publicly in some way?

Shirl Parker
06-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Keep it, then paint another with different background.

chammi kaiser
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
This is an excellent statement and very well-painted Crista. I think a donation to your local school would be fantastic. Perhaps get in touch with the teacher in charge of environmental matters and discuss it with him/her.