PDA

View Full Version : Girl Smoking in Shadows

rocky alexander
06-01-2013, 03:54 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2013/1257696-girl_smoking.jpg
Ok so I had some great advice on my last post so I wanted to see what your thoughts are on this wip.

Trumper
06-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Love the idea .Which direction is the light coming from,there are some strong shadows but the body/face seems well lit.I like it.:)

rocky alexander
06-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks, the light is coming from the top left hand corner so I guess I would need to add more shadows to the figure, its still very early in the painting just worked on the composition before I start to refine it. Its a piece I keep putting away for some reason. How much shadow do you think she would need??

Thanks again appreciate your time

Trumper
06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks, the light is coming from the top left hand corner so I guess I would need to add more shadows to the figure, its still very early in the painting just worked on the composition before I start to refine it. Its a piece I keep putting away for some reason. How much shadow do you think she would need??

Thanks again appreciate your time

Judging by the strength of the dark shadows i would say the same near the subject fading is you get further away.Ironically i would think that she would pretty much be all in the shadows but with highlights that show up on the outline areas.Sorry i am not very good at explaining,:crossfingers:

Don_Bowen
06-05-2013, 02:45 PM
I like it, but I feel it would be stronger with rings of smoke.

rocky alexander
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
I like it, but I feel it would be stronger with rings of smoke.

I did try to put smoke in but i was struggling a lil bit so I have put this one a side until I feel more confident to get back on to it. Your definately right thanks.