PDA

View Full Version : Please take a look and tell me what you think

rocky alexander
05-30-2013, 06:12 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2013/1257696-painting_2.jpg Hi Guys
Ive been working on this for a few months on and off and im fairly happy with how its turning out apart from the arm and hand holding the flower.
It looks a bit rigid and unreal but I cant get it any better than what it is, any advice would be great.
Thanks

Dana Design
05-31-2013, 09:12 AM
I like this and I like the composition. One fix that might be needed is her thigh on the viewer's right side. Flesh that out and I think you'll have a very nice painting. I didn't read the flower as a 'flower' but rather as papers so perhaps a bit more definition there as well.

Happy painting!

rocky alexander
05-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the advice, I can see what you mean about the thigh and flower, I actually started to varnish this lastnite, because I found myself going back over different parts and not really making it better so I thought I would varnish to stop me ruining it, so I guess I will have to live with the mistakes! But I'm generally pleased with it. Thanks again for the advice it was spot on.

rossmarie
05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Well done! Looks good - I see what you mean about her right arm. Think it might help if you thickened up her forearm slightly and shaved a bit of her black dress to show a bit more of her upper arm and the curve towards her shoulder.

Also, think you have narrowed her left thigh a bit too much as previous comment. Think the angle from the bottom of her dress should meet her right leg a little further down.

Nice highlights on her hair, her shoes and on the arms of the chair.

Mike :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:

rocky alexander
05-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for your comments, brilliant advice. Really glad I joined wc its gonna improve me as an artist with all your advice and help.