PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scrumble - 12 September 2003

Greeble
09-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Isit permissible to "Woohoo!" over the spiffy patch?

:D

WOOHOO!

What a nice way to end a week of mondays!

Jen

bnoonan
09-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Ok, I'll bite... what's the spiffy patch???

My week was a good one - sorry your's wasn't so much fun.

We're in the warm temps today in San Francisco and I'm thinking about asking a friend who's heading to the beach to pick up some sand for me so I can mix it with primer to prep a board for pastels. Has anyone ever tried this before?

Ciao! Barb

blissfullyunaware
09-12-2003, 02:03 PM
I'll bite too, what are you WOOHOOING about.... ?

Barb, never tried the primer mixed with sand... you put it on partical board and is that acrylic primer (like regular wall paint)? Would it work with gesso? Oh my I'm interupting this thread aren't I..... excuse me please. :)

Sharon

bnoonan
09-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Sharon - I think we are the thread.... someone at an art store recommended I try this with a product called "Jo Sonja's artists' quality background color". Truthfully I think it's just tinted gesso but I'm going to try it on masonite I think or perhaps canvas. It won't be for awhile but i'll be sure to let others know when I do.

B

Greeble
09-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Ive never tried gesso or primer, much less with sand. It might be fun to try though

The patch thingie is the merit badge for pastels

:)

Jen

Kathryn Wilson
09-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Wahooo Greeble!!! Glad to see it - you been making your presence known here with lots of help and comments.

:D

blissfullyunaware
09-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Congradulations! :clap: Now I know what the spiffy patch is I am impressed. Sorry to here that you had a week of Mondays though. Hopefully this is a turn around sign! Sharon

Greeble
09-12-2003, 05:54 PM
thank you thank you :)

BeyondTheNineSquares
09-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Congrats and WOOHOO on the merit badge! I too had an aweful week, but it's the weekend and I plan to have some fun and get some painting done and not think much about the week to come!

Have a great weekend, everyone!