PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Tuesday 28th May 2013**

shipbroker
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Morning all.

Just been reading the ageist insults. of yesterday, many of us are ' much of an age' I suspect.

Grey morning and some light overnight rain but looking at the Coppper Beech next door seems little wind.

Back later

geoff

ScarletLake
05-28-2013, 12:46 AM
HI Geoff

Well I can't sleep again. It is almost 1 AM here in OHIO. I was just stopping in the wash to see if anyone had started it for Tuesday.

I think Karl was referring to his WC status now saying Senior Member. I didn't take offense to his remarks. I dont' think he meant it that way.

As a matter of fact I'll have to see what my status says. I think I've been on WC since 2003 but will have to check that out also.

Hoping that you get some sleep tonight. I think I'm on the wrong side of the pond for my sleep cycle. LOL

Wonder where Darla and Larry are right now????

Anita

laudesan
05-28-2013, 01:16 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2013/22284-The_Village_People.jpg

Still coughing and hacking. I think I have man flu :(

:grouphug: to all in need :grouphug

Lulu
05-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Hi everyone:wave:

Winter has arrived in New Zealand :eek: A cold cold day........snowing down south too.

Anita, hope you go back to sleep otherwise you're in for a very long day!

I'm not insulted either Geoff, good to have a variety of ages (and humour) in the Wash.:) But then I don't feel 'of an age' either :p

JJ, hope you feel better soon! LOVE the Macho kitties:D and now I'm singing it lol

Busy painting.....but feeling excitement about the minimeet as if I was there too!
:wave:

Roun2it
05-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Mornin' each ......... :wave:

Snowing ........ it's almost Summer here and it's been frosty for the last few mornings, my Begonias have taken a hit, I got them out to weather them but forgot to put them back at night ....... hope they will recover.

JJ you can't have Man Flu it is much more serious than a woman could imagine ....... :lol:

School holidays here so got the grankids today, just getting ready to pick them up. An unsettled day ahead so looks like Lego and painting activities ahead.

We are also looking after the sister-in-laws dogs and one of them has become ill overnight so having to ring the Vets when they open to see if we can get him looked at, think he has a blockage in his plumbing ......... may be nasty ........ phew!!!!!!!

Char you asked after my health, especially the hip ....... all I can say is that it is responding well, not yet putting it through a tough regime though so will have to wait to see but it feels OK ... as they say Baby Steps.

OK gotta go get the kids ........

Why am I singing Y-M-C-A .......... and doing the arm movements .......... :lol: :lol: :clap:

shipbroker
05-28-2013, 02:38 AM
My isnt the Wash busy today! Always nice to see Kev

geoff

Yorky
05-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Good morning all :wave;

I like your humour Karl, I love being an old fogey - the older the better :lol:

I may be awol Thursday, we will be spending a full day on the road visiting the Lakes and Dales. Hoping for fine weather :crossfingers:

Overcast but bright, a bit of hazy sun and already 10C/50F. No sign of snow here on the plain Kev. Good to see you, see you in person tomorrow evening.

Doug

doppler
05-28-2013, 02:54 AM
Good evening all.

Karl, I'm far too young to take any offence. :lol: :lol: :angel:

Anita, Caryls heartwarming efforts were BEAUTIFUL. Like our Caryl:heart: Sleep tight Anita.

JJ,it takes a bit shake off this lurgie. Keep warm and always have someone to complain to at hand. Poor Roger really regretted his retirement recently.

Lulu :wave:

Kev, good to hear your hip is progressing Ok this time. STOP the Village People dancing NOW!!!

Geoff , hope you are recovering.

Cold, misty and showery today. The woods are inside :clear:

:wave: Best people in the world.

shipbroker
05-28-2013, 04:31 AM
Hope weather better Thursday Doug.........warm but quite heavy rain here and lowering cloudbase...BUT forecast is improving!

geoff

Ellen in Ont
05-28-2013, 04:50 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just figured out how to get the Internet down here in Jamaica. :D Today is my son's wedding.:clap: Whoever said vacations were relaxing haven't been away with a group of 72 friends and family! I haven't even gotten down to the beach yet! :eek: It will be more relaxed after the wedding is out of the way (well, a little more relaxed anyway. :D

Tonight we are responsible for Max overnight but I forgot to tell my son that we have an excursion booked for 9:00 so they won't be able to sleep in. :rolleyes: We also have to pack up all our stuff tonight and move it to my other son's room in the morning because we are changing rooms tomorrow. A booking mix up left us in a room with two beds and no view. The earliest it could be fixed was tomorrow.

Too much to tell but I'll check in again in a day or two.

Hugs and waves (if I can find the strength in the heat and humidity) to all.

laudesan
05-28-2013, 05:01 AM
Ellen, give them my best :thumbsup: I am sure it will be a beautiful wedding. Try and relax girl, and enjoy xx

Kev :lol:

Why is it when the sun goes down we cough harder, and longer, and it is more painful............. sigh

Lulu
05-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Ellen, I can tell you for sure that holidays abroad aren't relaxing lol
Have a fantastic wedding, looking forward to the photos.

Looks like we came home at about the right time, the temps in Desertland are up in the early 40'sC now :eek:
Our trip to Rarotonga will be pleasantly high 20's, but humidity will be high, unlike where the family live in AD.
We were just counting up tonight, our trip to the Islands will be our 9th trip out of NZ since we came to live here 11 years ago. John said 'it's time we stayed home'! :lol: no chance.....:p

JJ, maybe you need an antibiotic? Do you have a chest infection?

JJ you can't have Man Flu it is much more serious than a woman could imagine ....... :lol:

Don't all we women know that!!! :lol:

Early to bed - Nite all :wave:

ScarletLake
05-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning

Well Lulu looks like it's gonna be a LONG day. I absolutely could not get to sleep last night till almost 4AM and it is now 8:00 AM. I think I would be still sleeping if DH had not woke me up to tell me he was going to work. Seriously!!!!

Ellen - What a great day to look forward too. I just heard a song recently by Lenoard Cohen "Dance Me to the End of Love" -beautiful song for a wedding day.

Geoff - hope you slept better than I did

JJ - hope you a feeling better

Hope Darla and DH make it out safe. I think today was their day to leave. I'm all messed up on my days this week already due to Mon being a holiday.

Everyone have a great day

Anita

shipbroker
05-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Geoff - hope you slept better than I did

Anita, considering that I had 3 hours mid-afternoon I didn't have a bad night overall thanks....sorry you have those problems too.....

Weather quite nice here, so back into garden for a while..

geoff

LynnM
05-28-2013, 09:00 AM
:wave: Good day! rain here, but needed, and no frost last night so geraniums are safe. My morning at the village, so am dashing through...

(((JJ))) good advice ^^^^^!

Snow, Kev? wow, Darla is bringing it to you! good that the hip is behaving.

Sounds wonderful, Ellen, reminds me of a brief trip my daughter and I took to the Bahamas, when I read your post the sun and palms and beach flashed into my mind, a good memory! all the best for today :clap: :clap:

Have to dash, will BBL....:heart:

Uschi
05-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!!

It is raining a bit so I went on the Weather network to see the forecast and saw this video of their vehicle right in the middle of a tornado. HERE (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/must-see-video-captured-from-inside-a-tornado/6934/) it is, WOW

BBL

Uschi

CharM
05-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning! It was raining when I awoke from the KittyAlarms, but has stopped for now. It's quite cool out and more rain is on the way later on.

I'm heading into town shortly, to the Studio at the Centre where I teach. I have to prepare New Student Kits. My next workshop that begins tomorrow has FIVE new people that've signed up. The class is sold out with fifteen students and two on the waiting list. But, it's an Intermediate Class and I'm really worried about the newcomers...

Welcome to the Wash, Karl of the Goose...

Geoff, some days my *much of age* effects are greater than others.... :lol:

Anita, I think that you and Geoff could write a book about insomnia...

Feel better ((JJ))... love the poster...

Lulu... would that be watercolour, oils, pencils????? :)

Awh, Kev... I'm jealous :envy: for the days of Lego! I'm glad your hip is slowly improving... baby steps forward are far better than leaps backward!

Hi Doug... Like Lulu, I'm pretty excited about your meeting up with Darla and Larry! :clap:

Annie, I'm thinking that Roger is taking good care of you... No retirement regrets... what inspiration is he cooking for tonight's dinner?

:wave: :wave: Ellen! Oh... HAPPY WEDDING for the kids... :heart: :heart:

Hiya Lynn (have a great day at the Village and stay warm)... Uschi, I'll check out your video...

I would have posted this much sooner, but one of my Students dropped by. She grows all her own sprouted vegetables and micro greens and gifted me with a HUGE container of them... SO good!

Anyway... I have to get a move on... So... I hope that Lesley is happily visiting with her family... that everyone feeling under the weather begin to improve... and that all of you enjoy the very best possible day!

ScarletLake
05-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Hello again:wave: :wave: :wave:

OK I am deferring to my WC friends for some info I just discovered this man over the weekend. A friend sent me a link to his song

Dance Me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen. Who is this man??? I listened on Youtube to several of his songs and just fell in love with him.

I've never heard of him before. Oh so much to learn but also so nice to know I can discover new things still.

LOL

off to visit my coffee shop for the first time in about 4 days.

Anita

Uschi
05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
OK I am deferring to my WC friends for some info I just discovered this man over the weekend. A friend sent me a link to his song

Dance Me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen. Who is this man??? I listened on Youtube to several of his songs and just fell in love with him.

I've never heard of him before. Oh so much to learn but also so nice to know I can discover new things still.

Anita

Anita when everything else fails try GOOGLE and Wikipedia, HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Cohen)

You must have heard his song Hallelujia!!!!

BBL

Uschi

olliewood0702
05-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Bye Bye!:wave: We will soon be out the door; we have a couple of errands to do then heading to Detroit for our flight out. I'm not even nervous ...yet.:lol:

Talked to Josh last night; he said it was 85F in Nashville and 48 in Scotland. He said he's freezing his buns off but having a great time.

I think we'll have WiFi in most hotels we are staying at so I probably will drop in occasionally.

Ellen have a WONDERFUL wedding today!

Everyone take care and be good.
:grouphug:

shipbroker
05-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Anita........Leonard Cohen......I don't believe anyone left in the world doesn't know one of Canadas favourite sons?.....certainly when he has been going for at least 40 years......however, enjoy your new found pleasure.

Darla.......48F in Scotland, obviously high-Summer has reached there then!

Been gardening but getting cooler now.

geoff

JudyL
05-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi :wave:
Lauren graduates from High School today, and we have to go to "Sleep Train Arena" in Sacramento for the ceremony, should be a lovely day, just wish I enjoyed things like that bit more.

Grey and gloomy, but better then hot and humid, that will come later.

Still sleepy so just a week :wave: and more later, must get coffee.

Scene Chaser
05-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Good Day All,

Light rain here. Lots of paperwork to do inside, anyway.

Ellen, get to the beach! Have a great time.

Uschi, scarry video. There are the occasional tornado in my vicinity, but I would never live or move to the worst of tornado alley.

Anita, Leonard Cohen is a legend. Glad you're getting acquainted with his music.

Darla, you probably won't see this, but have a great vacation come rain or come shine.

Bill

villagernb
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Good afternoon, Washers.

Darla and Larry, enjoy every moment of your trip! Much better memories to savour than those of kitchen renovations!

Ellen, enjoy the wedding in a tropical paradise! Sounds like Max has recovered from tummy trouble, thank goodness. What lovely memories for your friends and family to treasure.:clap:

I wasn't insulted by Karl either; I took it to be a jab in the ribs, so I returned the favour.:p He's a tough guy, he can take it!;)

Geoff, I firmly believe that age is largely a state of mind; everyone in the Wash is forever young!

Sylvia, enjoy your workshop.

Kay, do something wonderful for yourself to celebrate your birthday!

JJ, LOVE your kitty poster! (There are never enough cute animals in the world!):D

Anita, I love Leonard Cohen! I was in primary school when my older brother brought his first album home, and I wore it out playing it. He's been my favourite musician all my life. I agree that "Dance Me to the End of Love" is a lovely wedding song, and a very popular one. I think, (although I'm not sure), that the lyrics are rather sad--they are literally about "the end" of love. Nevertheless, a beautiful song that I will now be singing all day!:D

Better get out in the garden and weed; crummy weather returning for several days tomorrow evening.

Cheers, Anne

Uschi
05-28-2013, 12:22 PM
A few minutes past noon so Good Afternoon!!!

Dull, cool. I had planned for today to be a gardening day, but due to intermittant rain it is not to be. So instead I have poodled the whole morning away. The last hour spent reading up on Leonard Cohen's bio on Wikepedia:lol: Thanks Anita for getting me more informed.

I might paint after having lunch and before taking Ava for her swimming lesson.

First, Darla, wishing you a wonderful journey and and vacation!!!! I too am a nervous flyer but think of all the business people who fly almost every day and if they can do it safely so can I and so can YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen, your son has quite the circle of family and friends!!!!!!! I am sure their wedding will be beautiful and hopefully wedded life blissful and lengthy!!!! Apart from that, enjoy your vacation!!!

Bill, yes, VERY scary. I have seen videos of approaching tornados but never one of how it would feel to be in one.

Char, having seen work by your previous students one can tell that you taught them to be quite accomplished. They may have signed up for the same reason I kept sigining uo with Ron Sainsbury, because they love your course and the group!!! That should give you time for the newomers. I wonder why beginners would sign up for an intermediate course to start off with:confused:

Kev, I am so glad you are doing well and your hip is progressing in a positive manner!!!!!!

It will be soooo nice to see newer photos of Pat, Doug, Kev, Geoff and Darla!!!

Karl, your sense of humor is good and true, spoken by another old Fogy :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wave: to Lulu, Annie, JJ (take care!!), Geoff, Judy, Lynn and all yet to come!!

Thinking of our unwell friends!!

Edit: Also :wave: to Anne!!

Uschi

LynnM
05-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Back from the Village and eating lunch here, the usual whirl of fittings and mendings and ironing and gossip, and especially the collecting of items for the fashion show on Friday....we perform on the day before one of the largest re-enactments of the War of 1812 that will take place in Canada this year. It is pretty amazing, all the tents, all the re-enactors wandering around, some will come to our show.

We are there to join in the inauguration of a monument to WW1 soldiers, so our clothes are late 1800's and up to 1920. I get to wear a beautiful beaded Edwardian evening gown (which now fits me since I lost weight :thumbsup: ) Weather is supposed to be in the 90's, not looking forward to that since we are in a tent.

Anita, so glad you found our Leonard.....one of my favourite artists, too. I think you need a certain degree of maturity to really appreciate his poetry.....I didn't think much of him back in the 60's.

Good luck with those new students, Char, it does make the teaching more complicated, but they will learn very quickly with the examples of your more experienced ones, they are lucky!

Got some new knitting needles in the mail, have to try them out!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug: for those in need :)

Flattwo
05-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi to All

Darla I agree with Geoff, 48 F could be considered a heat wave here...phew!!! (especially in Aberdeen)

Busy day here with family and stuff

One of my nieces, who is a Police Officer has just returned from a weeks trial with the Canadian Mounted Police, to see if she likes it, she is a duel Canadian/UK citizen, and might take up the post after some thought

Speak Later

Henry

villagernb
05-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi, all. Waiting for DH to finish his War with the Weeds, (sounds like a horror movie) :lol: with his brush cutter so we can have dinner. I spent the afternoon pulling weeds in the flower beds while he went for one of his long bike rides.:angel:

Henry, that sounds like an interesting opportunity for your niece. I wonder what part of Canada she would be posted in?

All of Leonard Cohen's fans, I was singing my repertoire of his songs outside in the garden all afternoon! It's a good thing none of my neighbours appeared to be home. (At least nobody came out to throw old shoes at me!) :lol:

Uschi, do you have blackflies where you live? They are wicked here now!

See you later
Anne

Uschi
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Uschi, do you have blackflies where you live? They are wicked here now! Anne

Thank God, NO!!!!

Lynn, you KNOW we'll want to see photos!!

Henry, how exciting for your niece!!

Ava is doing a fabulous job with swimming, I would say she is now best in her class. Marvellous when I think of the rough beginning:lol:

:wave: Uschi

CharM
05-28-2013, 07:44 PM
We've been enjoying our fair share of rain today... ours is a beautifully green world... it's beginning to thunder, so I don't think I can stay online too long.

Oh, Anita... how wonderful that you've discovered Leonard Cohen... he's a legend, for sure.

Uschi, have you heard the Canadian Tenors sing Hallelujah? So beautiful...

Thanks for your nice comments about my Class. If this workshop were the normal 6-week time frame. We'll all be feeling challenged this time!

:wave: Darla and Larry!

Happy Graduation to your Granddaughter, Judy!

Lynn, we have an excellent re-enactment event here in Chatham. Because Chief Tecumseh fell here, there is a great deal of significance in these drills. They're always well attended and well done.

Your gown sounds positively elegant!

I hope your Niece has an easy time of making her decision, Henry.

Hi Geoff, Bill, Anne (no black flies down here thank goodness)... :wave: All... Ted's shut down the desk top, so I'd better log off my laptop... I may be reading by candle light (hope not)...

:clap: :clap: Ava!!!! :clap: :clap:

kaypainter
05-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Been rather depressed today. Sorry.

Catch you all later.

Kay

WthrLady
05-28-2013, 08:42 PM
:(

CharM
05-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Storm has passed by us...

(((Kay)))

:wave: Caryl!

painterbear
05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
:grouphug: for Kay. :heart:

SYTomorrow,

Sylvia

WthrLady
05-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Good glory what a day!
House is totally packed. It took only 8 hours. So I have the day off from the moving thing tomorrow, so I'll sneak into work ;-)

Been TRYING to do laundy for over three hours. 6 machines for 20 families. I gave up on tbat and went to the single officer quarter. Only one there, so I started my wash. Came back 30 min later to dry and tbe dryers were full and on. So someone brought over wet clothes. So I put my wet clothes in the car and drove them to the lodging towers, which is where I should have started. 40 washers and 40 dryers and I'm the only one here. Lol.

Truck comes thursday. We leave friday. Delivery monday. Cable and washer dryer come tuesday. Hubby to work on wednesday.

Packers were nice. They overfilled many boxes, so I am expectng damage. Oh well.

Uschi
05-28-2013, 10:12 PM
:grouphug: Kay :grouphug: and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the next five days:heart:

Char, we had a good long rain here too, also followed by a thunderstorm at 5:00 p.m. Quite misty out there now.

Caryl, talk about organizational skills, you're the top!!!!

I think I'll head for bed early inspite of having slept in in the morning and having done absolutely no physical activity. I painted.

Uschi

Scene Chaser
05-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Take care, Kay.

Tornado just south of us. A storm is passing over with a lot of rain right now.
Ms. Feral is with me watching the storm from the inside.

Bill

villagernb
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
(((Kay)))

Bill, glad to hear that Ms. Feral is safely inside.

Best of luck and safe trip, Caryl.

Nite.

Anne

JudyL
05-29-2013, 12:49 AM
Hi again, Graduation was a success, excepting the ...........woman......sitting in front of me wearing what seems an entire bottle of what MAY have been quality perfume.....at one time. (OK I am allergic) I have learned that when a woman finds a scent that she likes, she wears it DAILY not realizing that when she wears the same scent ALL THE TIME you get used to it and need to put more and MORE to get the same effect.

SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE!!!!

We had a lovely lunch / supper at Seasons 52, topped with a lovely tiny Meyer Lemon dessert.