PDA

View Full Version : Out of the infinite well!

timelady
09-12-2003, 05:33 AM
Guess that would make it a finite well then. (apologies for physics jokes)

Did a painting of the rice fields drawing but am not completely happy with it so I'm not going to post it. Not that it's bad, just not the breakthrough I was working on. But it is going to a gallery on Saturday anyway, probably. :)

Had inspiration come back last week though. Hooooooray! (after seeing the film Cypher) Working on the idea of optics and edges, which I've always been interested in but seemed to lose lately. Anyway, back on track here's a new one. Small, 16"x16", acrylic on canvas. It's from a series I'm doing based on travel across water, draw bridges and the London City Airport - which this is.

Journey - Launch into Sky
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2003/2309-landing2.jpg

And a few oil studies of the journeys paintings, there's about 6 of them altogether. These are 4"x5". So a couple of them I'm already planning 1 metre square size, or thereabouts (in acrylic of course).

Studies
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2003/2309-oils.jpg

Workin' small to get set for big ones! :D
Tina.

Dahzl
09-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Oooo I love these Tina ! But Drats and Rats ! My screen is playing up again and the images are flickering and changing colour all the time :confused: I will definately come back again for another look a.s.a.p. Darn computers !

Cheers Dahzl :)

Tamana
09-12-2003, 10:23 AM
:clap: :clap:

Way to hang in and break (crawl? what DOES one do from wells?) out!!

Journey seems different than your previous in its clarity. Of course you have changed directions and grown, so I can see the difference. Same yet more.

I'll be watching for the big ones. Judging by the smaller...it's going to be an exciting series!!

timelady
09-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Well, not sure you can crawl out of an infinite well...it's a quantum well and sort of doesn't exist as an entity. Rather like my life! (do I have one? don't I?) ;) The little ones are definitely different from my finished works, more detail and all done alla prima so there's blending and stuff. My 'real' canvases are done in layers and glazes, not so much blending since it's acrylic and much more difficult to work. Different animal. :)

Here's another big one that's been going for a while and finished this week. It's another journey, but more an inner journey so it's just a vague landscape with a horizon. Acrylic, 40"x30".

Journey II
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2003/2309-JOURNEY.JPG

Taken with the gallery camera and not my fabbie one, so it's not a great picture. Here's a close-up of the top right (where the journey starts, if you will):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2003/2309-journeydetail.jpg

Fun to share again for a change,
Tina.

timelady
09-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh, yucky pictures onscreen. :( They're much darker than that - I call it my black painting.

P.S. I wish I could get the paintings to flicker in real life! That would be cool!!! haha!

Tamana
09-12-2003, 12:05 PM
This is like traveling through a vein right before oxygenization? (geeesh is that even a word - it is now.... I take on neology). You feel the vibration of the heart, feel the pulsation and see it coming.

Anyway - deep reflections. Love that detail shot. I love details. These monitors do suck for the most part; however, they do give you a generalization. I photograph outside for the most part to obtain truer colors. Though, the colors really aren't truer either, but the lesser of the two evils. Flashes hate me.

This contains much of your previous style.

I really like that phrase: "for the most part" don't I?

Dahzl
09-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Back Again :D Much better viewing today re: screen is behaving.

Stunning Tina !! :clap: :clap:

I love this work of yours and am really looking forward to seeing what transpires when those smaller pieces are translated onto larger formats! Yes Acrylic is indeed a very 'tricky animal' to work with - I know all about that scenario :D but wonderful stuff just the same! - and I can see you definately have a handle on them!

Anyway Fantastic Tina - Well Done!

Cheers Dahzl :D

arourapope
09-14-2003, 10:33 PM
I always love looking at your work, and this one is no exception. It's powerful stuff. And I'm going to have to look up infinite wells now.... :) Thanks for stretching my brain a bit, and thanks for feasting my eyes.

Tamana
09-14-2003, 10:43 PM
I 'feel' a series coming on from Aurora.....clickety click click click...

click

timelady
09-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Aurora - it's about potential energy wavefunctions of electrons. Quantum introductory stuff. Fun. :D I was telling someone about your drawings the other week...ending up telling them they had to read Book of Leaves. The connection just won't leave my brain!

The gallery took all six of my paintings I brought on Saturday (I excepted to bring a couple back). She liked the black one so I'm well happy (pun intended!). Started one of the drawbridge canvases (the small oil on the right) and some changes on an older big one. Will keep you updated on the drawbridge. Thinking earth colours like in the small oil, which is a change for me. Hopefully will get back into the studio Wednesday.

Tina.

ZOTMA
09-15-2003, 08:56 PM
cool to read about where you're getting your inspiration for these pieces. I've always appreciated your visual interpretations of things (such as piers and rocket scaffolds for launching etc.). no dissapointment with these, the palette and subtle textural choices are grace. really liking the well out of all, but liking all well.