PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Wednesday 22nd May 2013**

shipbroker
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Good Morning World.

Back into my own rime zone of sleeping!!

Normally would be raring to get to Market etc but so many things to organise tiday, health,wealth,electrics,caravan but a few Eileen has a Dental apppintment which has been put off twice to rebook so thats a 9am thing

Back later

geoff

Yorky
05-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Good morning Geoff and all to follow.

A dull day here but dry so far.

Nothing planned for today.

Doug

doppler
05-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Good evening GOOD GOOD friends.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Russell's death has affected everyone on the mountain the same way. Just gobsmacked and numb. He has left a huge hole in a small community.

The Oklahoma tornado? So big and so unrelenting and terrifying. :heart: :heart: to the people of Oklahoma. People power and will WILL win in the rebuilding. Just something I saw on the ABC where a local there said, we're from Oklahoma, we will do it.

Raining and cold here. Single digits. Fire is lit so cats are in, as if they would be out! Raining? Cold? Out is the inside of the door in these circumstances. IN is the new OUT.

Off to cook tea :wave:

laudesan
05-22-2013, 02:58 AM
I am cold and miserable. Sore throat and painful sinus. I haven't had bad sinus for a long time, so don't really know what has hit me. I am rugged up in layers. It is raining of course, and only 55 deg in my home office.

Geoff, I thought Eileen was ill, should she be going to the dentist with a virus?

Annie, sudden deaths always rock the soul. I am thinking of you all..

Teresa, big hugs, as a recipient of chronic back pain, I feel for you. I cope with daily doses of gelatin, emu oil capsules, and red krill oil capsules now. I don't do too bad, and if it gets too much, I take panadol/tylenol. I was on tramadol for 8 years, never ever again... I have learnt to keep my weight down too, it makes a real difference to arthritic pain.

I am going to crawl back under my covers on the sofa.

Later..

cloudchaser
05-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Good morning washers,

A dull start here too,today.

May you all have a good Wednesday,
JJ ,hope you feel better soon, healing thoughts to all in need.

regards
Tony.

Yorky
05-22-2013, 03:53 AM
(((JJ)))

Hi Tony sun has broken through here.

Doug

shipbroker
05-22-2013, 03:56 AM
JJ..........Nope just cancelled the Dentist!

Dull here too Doug..

geoff

ScarletLake
05-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Hello Everyone

Wow so much going on - I myself was put down on Sat with all over pain with the Fibromyalgia then on Sun no problem. Such a hit or miss although our weather on Friday and Sat morning was rainy.

Sunday got some weeds pulled, the back patio swept off, a garden bench sit out, had a chest of drawers moved into my bedroom and out of spare one so that I can set up more bookcases in there to store/organize art stuff/craft stuff.

Didn't get to the pictures of our town up but I will this week.

Been watching the OK tornado damage. I'm just shocked that there are not so many more people dead. Then outraged at the story last night of one of the teachers who had a leg from a student desk impaled in her lower leg calf while she protected students. The hospital she was taken to was not one on their insurance plan so will not cover her surgery or therapy.

I think the Boston bombing victims has the same thing happening to them.

REALLY ---so a fund is being set up to help her. Sometimes I think the world has lost it's mind.

Lulu ---Sounds like you are busy getting back to normal life but envy your trip to the S. Pacific.

Doug ---Your meet up with Darla sounds great. Hope your ear gets better.

Annie---So sorry to hear of your friends death due to the car accident. Your Mountain sounds so hazardous. Again sorry for your loss.

Kev --- Wish that JoAnne condition had improved but I'll bet she is an inspiration. Glad that you all get to visit.

Char ---I've read Dan Brown's books but not his newest.

Sylvia--Congrats on the exhibit

Doris---That Audubon exhibit sounds great. I have a couple of Audubon books.

Bill---The apple blossoms are beautiful. My cats have loved sitting on the back patio watching the birds. LOL

geoff---Hope you and Eileen feel better. My son just had that too last week.

JJ---Hope you feel better

Gail---glad you all had a great visit. The blueberry bush sounds great.

Well it is 4AM and I am back off to bed.

Anita

CharM
05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning... I don't usually complain about our weather... but, summer has arrived here without warning and it's hot and humid. I don't want to close up the house to run the air conditioner, so we're limping along... it was sure hot in our bedroom last night without a breath of air... We didn't get any of the predicted rain, either. :(

The news reports coming out of devastated Oklahoma have been about people helping people... Out of the worst disasters, we discover the best humanity.

ALL three kitties lost their collars yesterday! :confused:

Aside from painting with my friend this morning, I don't have any formal plans... the patio and deck really need to be cleaned... they're covered in tree debris...

Gail, we were just talking about the blueberry bushes... the fruit is so easy to freeze for winter, too.

Geoff, I hope Eileen is feeling better today... You certainly have had a run of bad luck! :(

Doug, some days we should just plan not to plan!

Annie and JJ, snuggle down and read a good book...

Anita, I hope you managed a little more rest...

Hi Tony and all yet to come... there's a nice fresh cup of coffee in the kitchen with my name on it. Have the best possible day, everyone... :heart:

GramPat
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Good morning! It is a humid, overcast morning at 70F this morning. Summer arrived in all its force. Feels like July. I have a class this morning and will have it outside at the picnic table.

Teresa, I will keep you in prayer. I also have chronic back pain and have to find different ways to handle it. I will go today and have a procedure called a Codyl
(not sure of the spelling) but it will go thru the tailbone. They tried an epidural last week, but couldn't get bast the hardware and bone, so it was aborted. Not looking forward, but my class will help keep my mind off it. I have found that ice is my best friend.

Char, all three kitties? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.....

Gail, I like blueberries.............

Geoff, sorry that your trip was cut short. Hope that Eileen is feeling better soon.

Annie, so sorry for the loss of your friend. I am thinking of you.

The Oklahoma tornado, hit pretty close to home. My neighbors are from about 5 miles from Moore, OK. They just moved here last summer so that Margaret can finish her Art degree at Penn State. They said that their family are all fine, but they feel for their neighbors that have lost so much.

JJ, hope that you are feeling better soon.

Well, off to get another cup of coffee and take a shower before class. Hope that everyone feels better soon and those that are well, I wish them a good day. Coffee calls......

Hugs,
Pat

olliewood0702
05-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi all and HAPPY HUMP DAY!:wave:

It's raining here and gray; we need the rain so not complaining. Cooler temps are nice too.

Theresa and Pat, I've also been having lower back pain. Mine is chronically sore ever since hurting it a year or more ago. Now it has episodes where it is sore and I have to be careful and baby it. It hurt last night like a toothache; had to take ibuprofen when I went to bed. I'm hoping it'll feel better soon. :crossfingers: Back pain is awful.

Doug, I hope your ear feels better; nothing worse than an earache unless it's a toothache.:rolleyes:

Anita, isn't that awful about the insurance not covering things for those victims?? What the heck is wrong with America??:confused:

((PAT)) good luck with today's procedure; I sure hope it works this time. Have fun at hour class!

(((GEOFF))) & (((EILEEN))) I hope you start feeling better real soon.

(((JJ))) oh no....do take care and get plenty of rest. Stay warm.

(((ANNIE))) a sudden death is always such a shock and it'll take time; what a loss for your community.

Thinking of Hap's (((ANNE)))

Hi there Tony!

Char, have fun with your friend; a nice relaxing day it sounds like.

I see my chiropractor tonight and I'm needing it badly. We had Klaira last night and she wants Nana to hold her. Lifting her hurts my back. She's so sweet though. She's feeling better and full of loving, hugs, kisses. She gives us lots of giggles too.

I need to go to the bookstore and look for some books; I have a credit there from bringing in some books and want to spend it.:thumbsup: I LOVE book stores almost as well as painting supply stores.:evil:

Larry has a live trap set for a couple of bunnies that are in our yard; living under our shed! :eek: They will wreck havoc on our veggie garden if we don't re-locate them.;)

I'm hoping Josh will call us tonight as he flies out to Amsterdam on Thursday. This time next week we'll be looking forward to seeing old friends again.:smug: Can't wait.

Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE!:wave: :heart:

painterbear
05-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 8:30 a.m. here in sunny, very warm (bordering on hot) Oakwood. We gave in a couple of days ago when temps reached 89F (but felt like 92F with humidity added in) and turned on our air conditioner. :crossfingers: we can turn it off again in a couple of days when temps go back to normal for this time of year. Rain possible later this afternoon though.

I started a painting of my daughter Kari's cat in class on Monday. I feel like a tightrope walker performing without a net...in other words, I have no idea what I am doing as far as painting looooong fur in several different tones. But I'll keep plugging away until I find a reference that really sings to me again. :D Here is the full photo, I'm only using his head back to his shoulders area:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2013/9833-KarisCat.jpg

I think he may be a Norwegian Forest Cat, but she doesn't know because she got it from someone who needed a home for him. The original owner's son turned out to be allergic to cats. :rolleyes:

Char, Hmmmm, do you think the kitties have figured out how to unbuckle their collars? Have fun painting with your friend today and enjoying art for your sake and not your students' (like you did with Gail last week). ;)

Teresa and Pat and anyone else suffering with back pain, my sympathies are with you. I only had one instance of sacroilitus and that was enough to teach me how debilitating it is. Chronic pain must be horrible. :grouphug:

Annie, It always amuses me to read about your having your warm fire lit and the cats staying indoors when we are suffering through heat and humidity in this area of the world. :grouphug: again for you and Mr. Franklin's family and friends. Accidental deaths are horrible because it leaves you with a feeling of so many things left unsaid to the person who died. :o

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
:wave: everyone,
Recovering from a very bad day at work yesterday but so many small jobs to get through today and tomorrow. I have an appointment for a manicure and pedicure in an hour. The first time in my life.:rolleyes: Then it is home to pack both Brian's and my suitcases.

I hope everyone hurting starts to feel better soon. And sending lots of hugs to those experiencing losses as well. One of our art clubs members died yesterday completely unexpectedly. He was my age. I won't be able to go to the funeral because I'll be travelling.

Gotta run so I'll just wave and dash away.

Yorky
05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi folks it is a lovely day here so we have had a couple of hours in the garden weeding the patio. Got to take the weather when it comes.

Next door are having their roof done as we had earlier this year.
Doug, some days we should just plan not to plan!
Ruth can usually find something for me to do :D

Taking antibiotics for my ear problem, it seems to be responding. :crossfingers:

My back pain pales into insignificance compared with yours Teresa and Pat. Just have to nurse it, I don't want to be bent double when Darla and Larry arrive.

Doug

LynnM
05-22-2013, 10:09 AM
:wave: Good day all, quiet one here, time to catch up on things.

(((JJ)))) ((((Teresa)))) and all with aches and pains and lurgy :grouphug: :grouphug:

Bad back here too, sometimes I think we were not meant to stand upright!

You are brave, Sylvia, I had the same feelings painting my DD's cat too! But you can do it! I used Joanne's (Aquarelle's) tutorial (loose cat) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331073) from the learning zone, very helpful.

Yes, it is a shock, here we go right into summer from winter it seems, those were lovely spring days, but all too short :eek:

Had my first massage yesterday, trying to get my neck to stop triggering migraines, I think it really helped, residue from the whiplash two years ago :crossfingers: it will do the job.

Hope everyone has a better day today :heart:

edit: those cats are so similar, Sylvia, they could be from the same litter!

JudyL
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Morning :music: One kid off to school and we have one to go. The seniors have a late start Wednesday, Lauren had to make cookies for her culinary arts class, not bad, now she has to take them to school to share with the teachers :lol:

The wind is the story of the day, not that bad but it's really flat here and it was too windy for the kids to ride their bikes, that's ok with Lauren, that means she can drive to school :wink2:

Hope all are feeling better soon.

BBL

Yorky
05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Well, it's been a lovely day, if a bit breezy.

Ruth and I have spent a few hours in the garden cleaning the paving. I must say it looks a lot better for it.

Hope the weather is like this next week for Darla and Larry :crossfingers:

Doug

villagernb
05-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Good early afternoon, Washers.

Grey and dull here, also cool for this time of year. The next five days look the same on the Weather Network's website. Hope they're wrong as they usually are if the forecast is for good weather.:rolleyes:

Hugs for everyone dealing with:
sorrowful loss,
chronic pain
periodic pain
bad weather--too hot, too humid, too wet, too cold!:eek:

Char, if you have any young children in your neighbourhood, they might have "liberated" your kitties of their collars!

Darla and Ellen, the nervous excitement mounts!
Darla, I feel the same about book stores and art supply stores--both are in short supply here. When I have the chance to visit another city, they are the first things i check out.
Ellen, :thumbsup: on your mani and pedi! I've never had them done at a salon either. I've bought my nail polish for my son's wedding in July and plan to do my own.:crossfingers:

Sylvia, what a beautiful cat! He does look like a Norwegian Forest Cat--slim face and very long coat! Have fun painting him.

Lynn, I envy your massage, but not your migraines! I suffered with chronic migraines when I was young, but when I became pregnant with my son, the migraines stopped. May have been some hormonal differences triggered the change; I didn't care, I was just so relieved!

Better get some chores done; the hummingbird feeders need cleaning.
(We need a birdie icon!)

Anne

shipbroker
05-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Lovely day breezy but fine......but I only left the house at 4.30pm to get some newspapers.....loads of things to get done slowly but still awaiting return phone calls and prices and dates.......

Eileen has just arisen and managed a cup of tea....I have had a couple of pieces of toast and may have some scrambled eggs or an omelette later...my I don't lack for excitement do I??

geoff

LCPainterCat
05-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Happy "Hump Day" for Darla, and Happy Thursday for the other side of our world! : )

Judy wrote:

"DGD (a Senior) came home from school saying she needed to do homework, which was to make chocolate chip cookies for culinary arts class. She had to have a photo of her making them and cleaning up after. Man! I never had homework like that!"

How funny! I made Chocolate Chip Cookies with my 4-1/2 year old grandson on Friday. He measured both the sugars, leveling them carefully, and broke the eggs into the bowl, and turned the mixer on and off as needed, adding the flour (from a folded paper plate). When the dough was complete, he scooped out the cookies with a mini ice cream scoop and arranged them in rows to bake. Photo Documentation took place (but not with my camera, alas.) He did NOT clean up afterwards. LOL!

So, in view of that, do you think Chase could just skip K-12 and go straight from pre-school to college? <G>

P.S., I made them with browned butter instead of plain butter, and they
were delicious.

Lynn/LC~