PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Knot Letter A

LilKitten
09-11-2003, 10:02 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2003/6560-celticlettera_ss.jpg

I'm doing a Celtic Knot Letter/Number series - these are sort of practice - I'd like to start up a sideline doing people's names in Celtic Knotwork. I think it'd look pretty cool, as a stand-alone piece of artwork, or perhaps as a desgin for a poster or something like that.

I've left the grid/tracking lines in, so that if you're so inclined you can get a look at how I'm doing all this - I'm also working on a series of Articles in the publishing system

kitten

Tamana
09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
neat. :D Great concept and execution. :) Do you have plans to color them?

LilKitten
09-13-2003, 02:40 PM
I don't actually. What my intention to do is scan them in in b&w and then do digital color from there. My theory is to have all the letters of the alphabet, so that I can then use them as a template, and be able to spell out people's names, estate names, etc, etc. I can then add onto this, 'tablet' of letters with various varients - so that no two persons would ever receive the same name. I can then add a Celtic Border or even do backfill in the Celtic Style.

I'm going to be working on another varient now that I have the lettering size figured out, I'll be working more on the concept.

brushstroked
09-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Cool idea! Somehow (maybe because I'm delirious with fever) the execution of this boggles my mind. You must be really good at math. LOL

Will you show us an example later? Like...maybe the name Laura? :p

LilKitten
09-13-2003, 07:30 PM
Hehehehe, welllllll...you never know :)

But once the article gets up (or if I get fed up with publisher, and put it on my website), you'll have a clue how to do it yourself. Then again, if I'm doing names, I *may* need the practice :)

kitten

LilKitten
09-18-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm very happy to announce that the first series of the Celtic Artwork tutorial is out, and can be found here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/6560/375/

I encourage you all to check it out, any and all feedback will be apprecaited - and yes, I know the url for my website is wrong :(

kitten

brushstroked
09-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Nicely done on the tutorial! I'm thinking about doing this as a fun creative project with my kids this weekend. They'll love it!

Thanks for sharing, kitten. :)