PDA

View Full Version : **DAILY WASH TUESDAY 21st MAY 2013**

laudesan
05-21-2013, 02:47 AM
My heart goes out to all those people hot by that devastating tornado in Oklahoma. :grouphug: All those family with lost children.:heart:

((((Annie)))) I am so sorry for his family and you. :heart:

Kev, glad you are up for the travel down under.. Hugs to you and Chris.

Geoff, I hope you are feeling better.:heart:

Super knitting Ruth.

Nice painting Sylvia. Congratulations.

Ona, wow, James has the glider in the back yard? What colour is he going to paint it. Please say RED....

Hap, I love your painting. Hugs to Anne.

Henry big hugs to you and Lesley.

Bill lovely apple blossom picture. I would love to see more of M/s Feral please.

later...............

Yorky
05-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Good morning JJ and all to follow.

Another dull start to the day here but forecast for sun later.

Bowls this afternoon.

Devastating tornadoes in the mid-west, I feel so sorry for all those people who have lost loved ones and homes.

I am on penicillin for a sore ear which is making it hard to wear my hearing aid. Had a discussion with the doctor about that documentary on statins. he is going to watch it.

Doug

shipbroker
05-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Morning all

Still recovering twenty hours sleep in lat thirtysix Just not me and Eileen has started now...

Heading home

geoff

cloudchaser
05-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Good day all,

Dull and damp day so far, just about to leave for work ,wind blowing outside which will help me this morning but hinder later on my return:eek:
I missed all last weeks work due to severe stomach bug, hopefully out of system now:crossfingers:

Thoughts and prayers go out to the folks of Oklahoma after such a horrific Tornado episode:heart::crying:, nature can be such a cruel friend sometimes:(

Best wishes to Henry/Lesley and all others suffering with illness/health problems.

Take care all
regards
Tony:wave:

Yorky
05-21-2013, 04:10 AM
Hi Tony, Geoff.

Sorry you are having to return home Geoff.

PS Just reading about the devastation in Oklahoma, what a disaster for the communities destroyed.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
05-21-2013, 06:25 AM
:wave: everyone,
Zipping out the door to work. Last shift before we leave.

What terrible devastation following those tornados. :(

Gotta run. Have a great day and stay safe.

Scene Chaser
05-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Good Day All,

91 found dead, so far. When I hear of the two schools completely demolished, I can't imagine the pain.
When we had tornado drills in school, the handicapped students I taught would always become frightened, and they would cry even though they were told it was just a practice. My heart aches for these kids.

Doug, hope your ear improves soon. I agree about the statins. A racket. Half of all people who have heart attacks don't have high cholesterol.

We are headed for Hanover, Ontario today to attend a funeral for Janet's last uncle. He was 93. We'll return on Thursday. I'll keep in touch.

Bill

Lulu
05-21-2013, 06:47 AM
I have been banging on about statins for so jong....now id like the same with the flu shot....wha a multimilllion dollar business....they trade on our fear.

Feel deva stated by the losses and pain
....unbearable.

LynnM
05-21-2013, 07:52 AM
So sad for all those families.......

Love Ruth's scarves, Doug, she does such good work!

Pretty blossom, Bill. My condolences to you both. Wave on your way by today :)

Sorry you have to cut your holiday short, (((Geoff and Eileen)))

(((Annie)))

Am off to the Village today BBL

Undergoose
05-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Good morning all :)

Going to be hot and humid here the rest of the week. Can't wait to get back to Seattle soon.

Painting away again, selling stuff off on Ebay, Craigslist, etc., getting ready for the moooove.

I have way more stuff than I have room for in the van and little trailer. :/

CharM
05-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Good morning! It's cool, cloudy and dull with (hopefully) rain on the way. We need it badly, so I won't be sad when it finally refreshes our fields, gardens and lawns.

I should head to the gym this morning, but I have other errands to run and I don't have time to get everything accomplished. I have a Class this afternoon, so I must be home in time to get set up for them.

Friends dropped by after work yesterday, and stayed to dinner... it was a lot of fun because it was our first Barbeque of the season. At noon (between classes) yesterday, I made the salads so they'd be nice and cold and their flavours would develop. Friends brought a dessert...

((Annie)) I'm so sorry that your sad news was confirmed... please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend...

Lynn/LC, I was also quite worried... and it amazes me how my heart and mind are touched by people I've never met...

((Geoff and Eileen)) How awful to be that sick during your trip... and sorry that it's sending you home...

Hap, I really do *get* how you feel about the house... your family will be visiting you and Annie and it'll all work out just fine. Your card is beautiful!

While travelling along the East Coast last fall, we were struck by the number of beautiful apple trees growing wild along the roadsides... and the acres of apple orchards were thrilling to see...

Bill, your apple blossom photo is just lovely! Wave as you drive by us on the 401...

Doug, I sure hope there isn't anything really seriously wrong with your ear... and an ear infection is awfully painful... ((()))

Ellen, have a good day at work...

Lulu... I read somewhere that the pharmaceutical companies are not in the business of curing illness... otherwise they wouldn't make any money!

That devastating Class 4 Oklahoma tornado was THREE kilometres wide, ripping through an elementary school... My prayers are with all those families who've lost so much...

Hi Tony, JJ, Lynn, Karl and all yet to come... I'd better get moving if I'm to get everything done that needs doing... Have a great day and hug those you love!

olliewood0702
05-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Happy Tuesday....7 more sleeps.:D

What devastation in Oklahoma. So very sad about the schools and all the children dead. The pics are horrific. For it to destroy buildings and cars and twist metal like licorice it must have been a very strong tornado.:confused:

We are expecting some severe storms this afternoon. But at the moment the sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue.

Larry had to work over last night until 7pm then we ate and watched the Redwings WIN!:smug: He will stay over tonight too and that means that I have to pic Klaira up from daycare.

Jen said she's covered in mosquito bites. She's not sure where she got them all but they are out in hoards even in the middle of the daytime.:eek: Jen worries about West Nile Virus. We haven't even had wet weather lately so why they are so bad this Spring is a mystery to me. It makes me :o that we cannot even enjoy the great outdoors.

Oh boy....don't get me started on the pharmaceutical companies!!:o A racket like Bill said.....a huge conglomerate....money making sick business.:(

(((GEOFF & EILEEN))) I'm so sorry you both are ill; do take care.

(((ANNIE & ROGER))) on their loss.

(((Bill & JANET))) on their loss.

I hope you all have a GREAT day and make the most of the valuable time you have. Get creative.

G'day!:wave: :heart: :grouphug:

painterbear
05-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 9:15 a.m. on a sunny, HOT day here in Oakwood. Storms are coming to our area later this afternoon, high winds and hail possible but not tornadoes. :crossfingers:

Larry is outside with his new leaf blower (just got it yesterday after his old one died) blowing off the flower petals from the flowering trees that are around our house. The petals look like snow falling at times and they clog the gutters and drain in the driveway. The honey locust trees are lovely, but they are dirty dropping flower petals and sticks and seeds, etc. all year round. :rolleyes:

The devastation and loss of lives and property are overwhelming in Oklahoma...and there may be more storms on the way there. :eek: All deaths are tragic, but seeing a school flattened and hearing about 20 children being killed is even more horrible. Don't know if those of you in other countries are seeing the photos of the area where the tornado was...it is absolutely flattened for miles around. It is amazing even more people didn't die.

Annie, I was so sorry to read that your worse fears came true and your friend and founder of your art gallery died in an auto accident. My condolences to you and all his friends and family. :o

Geoff and Eileen, That is certainly not the way to enjoy a nice vacation. So sorry you are both feeling so badly that you have to cancel it and return home. Get well quickly. :grouphug:

Hap, Your friends are coming to visit with you and Annie, not your house. If they think it is too dusty, hand them a dust cloth. ;) Sorry Annie is still having pain, hope the doctors can figure out the right meds to stop the hurting. Glad you are still finding time to wet your paints once in a while. Loved the way you are leaving the cards on tables at the coffee shop. :D

Karl, Sounds like you are moving from one coast to the other. Do you have a home in Seattle you are returning to or will you have to get one when you arrive there? Driving across country from coast to coast really makes you realize just how HUGE the U.S. is. We did it from Missouri to California once when Larry changed bases from Whiteman AFB to Vandenberg AFB. Lots of fun with three little kids (oldest was only 10) and a broken little toe (ran into a coffee table leg with sandals on). :rolleyes:

Darla, :eek: about the mosquitoes...I hate them, but they love me like they do Jen. I read somewhere that certain people attract them more than others do for some reason or other. When I work out in the year, I wear the little OFF dispenser on my belt and it usually keeps the mosquitoes away which is a good thing for me. :D

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

White light and healing vibes to all who need it, especially Henry's Leslie, Doug for his ear ache, Geoff and Eileen, Hap's Annie, our Annie for her aching heart, and anyone I missed. :grouphug: for you all.

SYL,

Sylvia

Strawberry Wine
05-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Morning Washers !

Warm and humid here after last night's thunder storm. Hazy sun this morning and more rain likely over the next few days. I did get a few tomatoes, canna and calla lilies planted yesterday.

Darla, like you, we have a bumper crop of mosquitos this year. We had lots of rain from mid April to early May and we were rice paddy wet which makes it an ideal environment for mosquitos to hatch. June will be wicked and then they should diminish. We don't hear too much about West Nile anymore. ???

:grouphug: Annie, my condolencees on the passing of your friend. Sudden and senseless leave us so stunned and saddened. :heart:

:grouphug: Bill and Janet :grouphug:

Geoff and Eileen, sorry to read that you have had to shorten your holiday due to summer lurgy..... Get well soon.

We had a wonderful visit with Char and Ted, as always. Char and I did paint. Calla lilies ! I had 3 pots of various types. Char's are finished and beautiful... Mine are still a WIP.

Char, post your lilies in the Gallery for us all to see. Please !

I need to get outside and plant a few more things before we get more rain. I bought two blueberry bushes yesterday. They are called Chippewa and I am thinking they are of the "wild"variety... I am hoping so. Now to find that perfect spot for them. hmmmmm. They also need slightly acidic soil.

:wave: to all

Speical :grouphug: to Lesley and Henry. You are in my thoughts.

Cheers to all,

Gail

Scene Chaser
05-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Just learned that the death toll from the Moore tornado has been revised down to 24. Some bodies, it seems, were counted more than once.
Bill

JudyL
05-21-2013, 10:36 AM
The devastation in Oklahoma is so sad, I have heard tornado stories for years from Jack's Nebraska relatives, so scary and so sad.

On driving across the states we have done that more than 6 times that I can count, seemed we had to move from one side of the country to the other each time.

Geoff so sorry you are not well :grouphug:

We have the kids again but not due to "late start Wednesday" but because Jen and Kevin are :crossfingers: going to buy a car tonite. We hope!

Know there's more but need coffee!

BBL

NancyR
05-21-2013, 10:49 AM
We are about 4 hours away from where the tornado hit. We have visited that area twice on short vacations. We have a lot of workers with family in the area. It is so heartbreaking. There are storms tracking over that area again today. We are supposed to get storms late this afternoon.

Annie - So sorry to hear about your friend.

Geoff - I am so sorry to hear that you both have gotten so ill on your vacation. Get well soon.

Doug - I hate earaches. Having had a hearing aid that you wear in your ear canal, I am feeling your pain.

Hap - I totally agree with everyone. Don't worry about the house. I finally have given up trying to keep it spotless while I am still working. A little dust never hurt anyone. Be thankful you don't live in our area. You can dust and within 5 minutes it's all back. I swear we live in a dust bowl.

Have to get back to work. I only have to finish today and then I am on vacation. :clap:

Hugs to all in need.

Undergoose
05-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Sylvia - That's actually where I'm from before I moved out here. I'm going to be staying with my Mom for a couple of months to help her get set up with selling her artwork, then I'll be driving up to Alaska to live permanently.

I'm looking forward to the drive, it'll just be Bones and I, so plenty of time to stop and get some good pictures for reference material. :)

Flattwo
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi to All

Geoff, sorry to hear that you are ill, why don't you get the AA or RAC to get you home? its part of the service

Henry

shipbroker
05-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Henry.

I actually have a policy that would have picked me up in Ireland if I had not been fit enough to drive today,also a UK policy called Mayday which is, if needed, a there and back me and a caravan job.

Apart from a headache I am much recovered thanks, Eileen now has the same thing and she didn't have too bad a ferry crossing and slept whilst we crossed from Angelsey.....straight to bed on arrival whilst I took SIL home to Teesside....she has nor had the lurgy herself but the four young ones pn the farm all had it last week!!

Thats the good news! Our freezers have tripped sometime during weekend and looks like a claim needed, and, my caravan needs a new hitch!!

Not our month so dar

geoff

Yorky
05-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Glad to see you are home safe Geoff. Hope Eileen has a quick recovery from the lurgy.

Doug

JudyL
05-21-2013, 10:37 PM
DGD (a Senior) came home from school saying she needed to do homework, which was to make chocolate chip cookies for culinary arts class. She had to have a photo of her making them and cleaning up after. Man! I never had homework like that!
We also had scallops (cause she never had any) stir fry and brown rice, dessert? Well chocolate chip cookies of course!

Geoff I have often heard of the "Dreaded Lurgy" but thankfully never had it, hope you all will be feeling fine.

Lots of running around and not a lot of what I was going to do, got done.

I need to go get earplugs, the rest of the family is watching the Sharks play hockey (loudly)

TTFN

Saint Ragdoll
05-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Spent all day lounging in bed and recliner, recovering from steroid injections to my Sacroilliac joints, had the injections in 2 facett joints of spine 8 days ago.....the day of is hellish, after the numbing wears off ALL the nreves are angry, then things gradually settle down. These are being done in an effort to control my 20 plus year chronic lower back pain with something rather than medication that I was on for 13 years and worked perfectly! I have lived with pain for such a long time....It is a long story anout all this and I am too tired and frustrated to go into detail.Please pray or think good thoughts that the DEA will stop the war on drugs that's targeting it's own citizens..And stop trying to act like they know more than my doctor...(they can take his prescribing licence so he is scared not to slavish obey them) These injections effectiveness vares hugely from person to person. My research suggests if I get 6 months relief the first go round, I am above the curve. Of course, good for the moneymaking doc, the next injection will,last less than the first, and so on. After that, I dont know. I have a follow up in 8 days and I am writing my questions down tomtake to the doc as I think of them. What I read online that could be the next step scares the bejeepers outta me.. ...I didnt have one accident, alot of smaller accidents etc that I was too poor to see a doctor about, plus osteo arthritis in my back, hands and a few other places. Dealing with the side effects of steroids is bad too, but if the amount of steroid is decreased so it it's effectiveness and my pain is increased....sorry for posting so much I dont talk much a out myself, just today am at a low point, feeling so frustrated ,scared and depressed. Thank good ness for art, the internet, this board, and my little chihuahua Beau...
So no painting today, reading and surfing the internet. Two new books arrived today, Watercolor painting by Tom Hoffman and Figure painting in Watercolor by charles reid.i am going to take the kit I plan to take to Boston outside in my yard and practice painting the surroinding neighbors houses....i have a major problem uncomplicating scenes that I end up making a botch of painting, so My goal is to paint as much as possible for a month. And to try out the pared down plein air kit before Boston. I will be walking in Boston around the harbor, in 88 degree farinheit weather, carrying a messanger bag and cant carry alot of weight.
All my thoughts are with the hurricane victims families......
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

JudyL
05-22-2013, 12:41 AM
:crossfingers: Teresa: crossfingers:
Hope something works soon!