PDA

View Full Version : something different

kare
09-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Hardly ever, do I dabble in the likes of digital art. But here at work I needed a break from data entry and decided that I'd see what I could do about this phobia for drawing on a computer screen.

All thoughts welcome.

"Sick Children" psp7, 12.09.03
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2003/18486-sick_children_12.09.03.jpg

Tamana
09-11-2003, 10:10 PM
here in the US of A, it would be a big hit being Halloween is upon us; however, I see you have "sick children" as a title, therefore, I do not want to make light of what you may consider serious. I know you have been involved with children in a hospital but am unsure if this piece is indicative of that involvement or meant to be humorous.

I like the design and the use of positive/negative space. The children all connected (possibly through illness) is interesting. Green self explanatory ;).

What is this piece suppose to signify, if anything but fun?

fractalfingers
09-11-2003, 10:35 PM
frankenstein like little sick children... what do they have? Rickets? Scurvey? or the dreaded Reaggeamylitis..

Tamana
09-11-2003, 10:36 PM
YOU

ARE

EVIL!!!!

Evil I tell you!! EVIL!!!

fractalfingers
09-11-2003, 10:39 PM
I very seldom critique art... but something about this one really struck me... it's very good.. almost perfect.. but something was missing...

Eurika!!!!!!!!!!! I've got it..

sorry.... I'll stop now..

Tamana
09-11-2003, 10:40 PM
E V I L!!!!!!

kare
09-11-2003, 11:04 PM
omg! i love those pink wigs soo much!! :) :)

i didn't do this because i'm dealing with paintings for the hospital.. this is actually somewhat a portrait of my childhood in ways. my parents were addicted to alcohol, hence the reason my siblings and i are sick.

at the time we were upset about it, and now we wonder why we have so many problems in our lives, so in ways, i suppose you can say that we are still sick from it.

but those wigs.. how do you do that?!?! :)

mmk
09-11-2003, 11:07 PM
i like it

Tamana
09-11-2003, 11:08 PM
He's right. Pink hair DOES lead to sin.

I hate when he's right.

fractalfingers
09-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ciarrai

but those wigs.. how do you do that?!?! :)

ahhgg... sorry to hear of your troubled childhood.. Myself, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth... but it was a very very very tiney one. good thing you didn't end up with pink hair like the kids in the picture. As I've said before... PINK HAIR LEADS TO SIN!!!!! or at least split ends....

how did I do the wigs? I highlighted them and hit control C and then pasted them with control V in photoshop.

kare
09-11-2003, 11:10 PM
It's okay.. I'm quite a happy person :)

It's very important that I express certain things in my art as that is the only way I really ever let anything show..

I'm very glad I found such a fun group of friends here.

fractalfingers
09-11-2003, 11:12 PM

It's very important that I express certain things in my art as that is the only way I really ever let anything show..

Yeah... when you let it show in art.. they call you brilliant.. when you let it show in your day to day life.. they call you insane..

Tamana
09-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by fractalfingers

As I've said before... PINK HAIR LEADS TO SIN!!!!! or at least split ends....

die already

Tamana
09-11-2003, 11:14 PM
It's okay.. I'm quite a happy person :)

I'm very glad I found such a fun group of friends here.

Nothing but ze best of friends for you, daaaahlin'. :D I neeed to go paint now!!!! I have a surprise tonight...but I need to wash it and then show it!!!
hehehe

fractalfingers
09-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Tamana

die already

That wasn't very nice... :(

Tamana
09-11-2003, 11:26 PM
"nice"(no pun intened) try!!! :D

Wood is screaming at me!!! I'm primed with inspiration and ready to go!! Whoo hooo see you in a few hours!!

kare
09-12-2003, 12:18 AM
do you think i should give digi art a fair go then??

another question.. how would you go about displaying digital art in your portfolio??

fractalfingers
09-12-2003, 02:40 AM
do you think i should give digi art a fair go then??

another question.. how would you go about displaying digital art in your portfolio??

lose yourself... or what you thought you had or were or want.. no one should answer that question for you. What are you getting at? why are you making anything? are you trying to convey something? trying to sort your feelings? I say do whatever feels natural, and the more honest you are with that, the better you will be at making art. If you feel like doing digital art.. damn what anyone else says about it's "value" If you are just playing around with paintshop.. who cares.. What are you trying to do? you can creat great art with a peanut shell if you are that destitute... passion tells you what instrament to grab at any given time. i've done paintings with food particles on a napkin... some quite good. desparation.... i assume you have a computer and a pencil.. do what you want.

amanda
09-12-2003, 04:09 AM
This is really powerful imagery, I like it and it speaks of sadness and horror. Effective.

kare
09-14-2003, 06:36 PM
thanks for comments :)

fractal; i have to agree.. any kind of art loses me and gives me peace of mind when i work on it. thanks :)

thanks amanda.. i'll keep at it.