PDA

View Full Version : Charles Reid Workshop in England

watercolourfanatic
05-20-2013, 10:35 AM
For those who are fans of Charles Reid I have just attended a workshop at Stow in the Wold, which is a small town in the Cotswolds, a scenic part of England.

A very full description of the workshop together with many photographs is on my blog www.watercolourfanatic.blogspot.com/ on a day by day basis.

If you are interested please visit.

Peter:)

Superturtle
05-20-2013, 11:56 AM
That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing your workshop experiences!

olliewood0702
05-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Peter, it's always nice to hear about and see what kinds of workshops our fellow artists are taking. Thank you for sharing, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate all the nice photos you took during your experience. GREAT BLOG!

Yorky
05-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Great blog Peter, you put us there at the workshop.

Doug

bigskycountry
05-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Enjoyed it -- thanks. Lee

diamondsutra
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Wow! Thanks so much. He is a great painter, thanks for sharing ~

diamondsutra
05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
OK Just read. Wonderful. This inspires me to try a new approach in painting.

Irishman
05-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Thank you Peter and I empathise with the selling/buying house predicament as it is exactly where I am right now.

clode
05-20-2013, 04:32 PM
thank you ..highly interesting

reikiart
05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
That was great, Peter! Thanks so much for sharing! :wave:

Saint Ragdoll
05-20-2013, 06:27 PM
My husband has been encouraging me to take one of the workshops soposored byCheap Joes...it is within driving distance for us....but, I keep looking for an artist whose style I really admire and would like to emulate, not copy buy take the style and make it mine. But, the style of painting Imwant to learn is the extreme wet in wet of Jean Louis Morrell and Ewa Karpenska. I have even thought of seeing if I could attend a workshop in Europe taught by Ewa Karpenska or Morrell.....
Should I either wait till I can find someone in the USA that Does this style or travel to Europe ( We wouldnt be going to Europe just to do the workshop, we would be vacationing too) or would it be worthwile to take workshops from other artists and learn what I could? I am interested in learning but have to consider the expenses...

Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

Irishman
05-21-2013, 04:03 AM
My husband has been encouraging me to take one of the workshops soposored byCheap Joes...it is within driving distance for us....but, I keep looking for an artist whose style I really admire and would like to emulate, not copy buy take the style and make it mine. But, the style of painting Imwant to learn is the extreme wet in wet of Jean Louis Morrell and Ewa Karpenska. I have even thought of seeing if I could attend a workshop in Europe taught by Ewa Karpenska or Morrell.....
Should I either wait till I can find someone in the USA that Does this style or travel to Europe ( We wouldnt be going to Europe just to do the workshop, we would be vacationing too) or would it be worthwile to take workshops from other artists and learn what I could? I am interested in learning but have to consider the expenses...

Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

How about this Teresa http://www.renvyle.com/en/learn-to-paint/ ? Not quite in the style you mention but loose and a good holiday would be had I am sure.Scenery to die for.

watercolourfanatic
05-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. I set out to present things in a way that would be helpful for Charles Reid fans, both present and would be, and for those who, for a variety of reasons, cannot get on his workshops.

I have just posted Day Five which was the fascinating portrait session.

painterbear
05-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Peter,
Your blog is most interesting and shows us the experience you had in the workshop.

Can you show us some of the work you did in the workshop here in this thread so we see what you will be talking about in the blog?

We liked to see things here, not just links to other places. ;)

Sylvia

JudyL
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I'd love to take a watercolor workshop, and have searched for years to do that, including in Cheap Joes, as we have family in Charlotte! hummmmm'

peteralv
05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much Peter for your magnificent description of Charles Reid¨s workshop. I am also a fan of him...........:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

watercolourfanatic
05-21-2013, 02:51 PM
I tried to publish some of the photographs here Sylvia but my McAfee Internet Security wouldn't let me. When I clicked on the button to add an illustration a message appeared describing the link as a suspicious site (with a severe warning) and I couldn't get round the message. I suggest WC takes this up with McAfee rather than admonish me.

In any event there are a large number of illustrations and to repeat them all is an awful lot of work.

pjartwc
05-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Thanks for sharing - must have been wonderful!!

alansam
05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Peter/does he use a mechanical pencil(propelling pencil)any partcular make ,thank you for your blog ,it is very interesting ,alan

Lawrence Fox
05-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Peter:

Thanks for the serial--it was wonderful. (I've enjoyed watching a few of Reid's videos on the Painting & Drawing Channel and I do like his style of painting!).

watercolourfanatic
05-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks all. As for his pencil he uses a mechanical one, size 07 or 09, either B or 2B I think.. I don't know the make but Pentel make an excellent range.