PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Monday May 20 2013***

Lulu
05-20-2013, 01:32 AM
This may turn into a blue May day.......

Got away with it again, probably because Geoff isn't home lol
I don't want any kewpies so you can have it tomorrow :p

Nice day here, tad cool (for us), got to 19C, and was sunny mostly.
Went to town late afternoon to post some mail (or mail some post!) and to have a walk. May try the gym tomorrow, or I may just go and have coffee with my gym buddies ....will see. Still not terribly energetic.

Darla, not long now! :clap: Am excited for you!
When we were away, as well as writing a fb blog, I wrote lengthy emails to my family and friends at home, which served as my diary. I sent a bcc to myself, so have just printed them all off. Makes wonderful reading (for me!) because they are written in the excitement of the moment. :)
But I have to say several people told me they loved getting my emails, they said they felt that they were journeying with us.

Still going through photos.............

Have got a roast of lamb in the oven, better go and attend to it, and add some veges. It really feels like we're home when I have to cook again lol

But in 6 weeks to the day, we are off again on our South Pacific holiday!:thumbsup: I'd better start practising the hula lol

ps I haven't had a chance to welcome all the newcomers to the Wash, how nice to see you here!
And hi to the lurkers too............yes, we do see you reading lol Come and join in!

Yorky
05-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Good morning Lulu and all to follow.

Good to see you are settling back into your routine Lulu. I followed your FB page and enjoyed your holiday too.

Looking forward to Darla and Larry's brief visit. Hoping for a fine day in tthe Lakes. They will be meeting up with Pat and Winnie, Kev and Chris too.

Off to Southport this morning for more wool I suspect and a map of the Cotswolds.

Overcast but bright and dry, promises a good day.

Doug

doppler
05-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Good evening Lulu and Doug.

Snap on the temps, Lulu.

What... wool? Doug. Ruth does beautiful work.

Reeling and numbed from some unexpected bad news today. Will share when it is officially confirmed. Still hoping it won't be.

Fires to light and dinner to cook :wave:

Yorky
05-20-2013, 02:55 AM
(((Annie)))

There's always wool ......

Doug

Roun2it
05-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Mornin each ....... :wave:

Talking wool Chris says she is going to take up knitting again when she retires, she once knit me a jumper when I was very young and very thin ......ish!! well I am older and fatter but I'm still growing into the jumper ......... :lol:

Hey Lulu what happened to the Kiwi's yesterday? We may have to have a fly past again as we will also be travelling again in six weeks but not the South Pacific we will be on the long trip down-under to Oz to visit son Michael and family for his 40th birthday.

Someone asked about Joanna's condition the other day just to say she has never improved she never got any feeling back below the neck, but she remains positive and is dealing with her problems. It will be hard to visit as this will be our first time to see her at home, the last time we were there she was still in hospital also my daughter Joanne and the grandkids have never seen Joanna since her accident.

OK gotta dash things to do ......... :wave:

shipbroker
05-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Sick yesterday so have not been arounf

geoff

Yorky
05-20-2013, 04:17 AM
Hope you are feeling better today Geoff. I thought you had no connection.

Doug

Lulu
05-20-2013, 04:17 AM
Hey Lulu what happened to the Kiwi's yesterday?

Not talking cricket..........:(

Will be a very emotional time and visit for the family Kev. So glad that Joanne is making the journey to see them.
You're not visiting the Sth Pacific? Auckland even? What do I need to do to make you change your mind? I'll let you juggle and ride my scooter again, even get out the hula hoop......take you to a Maori cultural show so you can do the haka that I know you so wanted to do last time........:cool: :p

Annie, for whatever it is, I dread to think........the biggest hugs :grouphug:

Doug, I loved Ruth's knitted penguins! Glad you ejoyed my fb blog, am still adding photos as I edit them.

Tutleymutley
05-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Hullo and good morning - I spotted the note about knitting - I'm a great 'knit'... So if Chris wants any advice about any aspect I'm your man! (or woman).
Being new here, I thought the 'daily wash' was like that blog - a hundred washes. Obviously not?
Weather here in Devon - clouding over and breezy - took the dog up the woods to check out the bluebells in all their glory and nearly got blown away.
Now I'm off to Hobbycraft to host the knitting club there... (Can you see why my attention was caught by all this talk of WOOL?).

Lulu
05-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Hi Terri,
Welcome! I can talk wool too.........we used to grow it! :)
The Daily Wash is just a group of friends (new and old) around the world sharing their daily lives....ups and downs, ins and outs.....anyone is welcome.

You are a midwife still?

We visited Devon 3 years ago, very beautiful area.

laudesan
05-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Hey.............

Cool here this evening..

Welcome Terri..

painterbear
05-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Good Morning all,
It is a little before 6:00 a.m. and the bird chorus is singing away welcoming the day.

The Tri-Art Show this past weekend was very interesting. Beautiful works of art in all mediums AND one of my paintings got an Honorable Mention award:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2013/9833-lanterns.jpg

All three were juried in, so all in all it was a nice show. :D HOWEVER, I felt like such an idiot. When I went to take photos of the paintings to show you, I took one shot and a message appeared on the screen to change the battery. :rolleyes: I forgot to recharge my battery before going to the Show. Duh! So I couldn't take any photos. Dang!

Ellen, I was so glad to read that your son got the job he interviewed for and you've got your dress hemmed, etc. Will he still be working as a chef or on to something new and different?

Darla, Stay healthy, departure day is almost here. :D What a great mini-meet you have to look forward to when you get to England. Look forward to seeing photos of all our Washers and your visit.

Welcome to the Wash, Terri. Nice to meet you. :D

Lulu, Great suggestion about sending yourself a copy of the travel e-mails and a FB blog while you were gone. When I was clearing out my Mom's home after her death, I found a drawful of letters I had sent them from our time in Turkey and Italy. What fun I had reading them because they were full of descriptions of our adventures in those countries. :D

Kev, I think almost all of us have changed shape since the days of our youth (not Lulu though ;) ). I tried learning to knit once, but it didn't take. Glad your whole family is going on this trip to visit your son and his family. I'm glad Joanna remains positive about her condition. It is going to be hard on all of you, but hopefully a good visit as well.

Annie, :grouphug: about your bad news. :crossfingers: it won't be true.

Geoff, Hope you feel better soon.

:wave: to JJ, Doug, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Scene Chaser
05-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Good Day All,

((Annie))

((Geoff))

Clear at the moment, but possible rain and storms for the next four days.
But, at least I have the garden in. Not as big as years ago, but some for the table and to subsidize the freezer.

Welcome, Terri. Ruth is our resident knitter. Many of us have some of her wears.

Sylvia, congrats on the award. :thumbsup: Lovely painting.

Off to read and nap,
Bill

CharM
05-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning Washers... We are enjoying a beautiful sunny day on this Holiday Monday... the campers who usually brave the cold and wet on this Victoria Day weekend were pleasantly surprised with lots of warmth and sunshine. My prayers are with those people suffering from the cluster of tornadoes in the U.S. midwest... apparently more severe weather is in store for them today. :(

We arrived home from Gail's last evening. She and Dan are such good hosts... and after all that great food, wonderful visiting and relaxing, it's back to the routine for us!

And, my routine includes lots of Classes! I have two of them today in spite of the Holiday. We'll work on our blue colour schemes.

I haven't kept up with the past few Washes, so will have to do that later today.

In the meantime, Lulu I enjoyed reading your FB blogs... and wow, another Holiday coming up so quickly!

I'm sure that Darla and Larry are getting really excited about their trip... How nice that they'll be visiting Doug and Ruth, Kev and Chris and Pat and Winnie! What's Ruth planning to knit, Doug?

((Annie)) I'm praying that the news isn't bad...

I asked about Joanna, Kev... I hope that this visit can help set your mind at ease about their daily life. How are you feeling?

Hi Terri... welcome to the Wash!

Sylvia, congratulations on your Honourable Mention!!! What a beautiful painting... I don't remember viewing it in the Gallery.

From Sylvia's post, I see that your Son has already found a job before leaving for the wedding... :clap: Congratulations to him and that the great weight has been lifted from his shoulders!

Hi Bill... I'm reading Dan Brown's new book, Inferno... it's different. Have a nice nap... :)

Hi JJ and all yet to come... I hope that everyone enjoys the very best possible day! :heart:

Doris345
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Good morning washers,

Just stopping in for a quick :wave::wave: as I have to run off soon to do some chores, then to the doctor with my friend. Doc for me (tummy) tomorrow a.m.

The John J Audubon exhibit was overwhelming. They are showing almost all his bird watercolors in 3 rounds. Just these first 100 or so were awesome.

((( Annie ))) Hope the news is a false alarm:crossfingers:

BBL
Doris

JudyL
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Busy weekend but can't say much accomplished, except for Jack, he just about finished the concrete tile path he has been working on. Has to put some sand in between the tiles, and then the bit of lawn he wants to put in there. He is a busy boy!
Went dress shopping for Lauren's graduation dress, she found a lovely one and for a good price! Then I bought lunch for all at a new restaurant at the Mall.
I hope to finish the painting I started last week.

BBL

olliewood0702
05-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Happy MONDAY all;

It's partly cloudy and the threat for severe storms and possible tornado's are in the forecast for this afternoon and tonight.:eek: With all the severe weather in the plains states it's scary; especially when it comes in the night. I won't be able to sleep tonight.:rolleyes:

Ellen, you're almost there; you've been a busy lady.

LuLu, your jet lag must have been something awful. I hope you get rested up soon. And your next vacation will be somewhere tropical!:thumbsup:

Kev, that trip will be a wonderful trip for you and your family. What a sweet spirit your Joanna must have. A real good example for her children and others who come in contact with her.

Doug, Looking forward to our trip too and seeing you and Ruth, Kev & Chris,and Winnie and Pat! Have a good trip to Southport.

(((GEOFF))) I hope your illness was short-lived.

(((ANNIE))) praying that your news wasn't true.

JJ, HEY back!

Welcome Terri!

Sylvia, congratulations on your three paintings being juried in to the show! And on your honorable mention for that lovely painting. Good for you:thumbsup:

Bill, we don't have our garden planted yet; probably this weekend we'll get it in. We worked on the flower gardens this ;ast weekend. There is ALWAYS something to do outside during the spring & summer.

Char, yes we ARE getting excited.;)

Doris, oh you lucky lady, those paintings must be absolutely splendid!:envy:

Judy, it sounds like you had a busy weekend too.

I hope you all have a GREAT day and will be able to spend some time doing something you love to do.

G'DAY:wave: :heart:

Uschi
05-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Good Morning!!

Another GORGEOUS sunny day, temperature to go up to 27C, I think that is around 80F, and :crying: :crying: the humidity has already started.

This will be the day when my bedroom AC will have its virgin run:)

Since this is a holiday for us Candadians there is no table tennis. Yesterday I was invited to dinner at older son's but was already going to younger son, so will be going to older son today:thumbsup: :lol: A day when I don't have to cook is a GOOD day:lol: :lol:

I'll be working in the garden, buy a few more potting flowers, will see if rain is expected and if not will have to water the garden - here we go again :rolleyes: :) Oh, and read under my arbor, too hot on the deck. I can't put up my sun umbrella on the deck because it is big, would get colose to Mrs. Robin's nest and would surely dismay her every time it moves.

Sylvia, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I have always LOVED that painting!!!

Annie, :grouphug: for the stress and :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that it is not.

Coffee is brewed and I want to be outside before it gets too hot.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and :grouphug: to all of you who are not feeling well!!!

Uschi

Europa
05-20-2013, 11:15 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Popping is as usual these days......nothing much to report - Mum still suffering with her shoulder but only a couple of weeks before we go to see the consultant - am determined not to leave without some form of pain relief for her.

She has a check up on Friday re her cataract op so am hoping he will make arrangements to do the other eye.....then we can get round to finally getting her some spectacles -she currently has some on with one lense missing for the eye that has been operated on. Very handy though when putting drops in - don't have to take them off.....lol.

Went out on Friday with ...the girls....had a great night - my friend Teresa's son was over from Australia so it was good to see him. He came up to visit Mum who of course was hugging and kissing him for all he was worth...lol.

Looking forward to seeing Darla and hubby next week....and even Kev - haven't seen him for ages....must try to stop Mum from hitting him though....lol.

Currently working on two double portraits - surprises for a couple of people which is good as that I don't have a time scale to finish them. :thumbsup:

Re Knitting - I used to knit when Jamie was younger - I sewed too and baked - blimey what happened I asked myself.....lol.

Well better make a move.....sending white light to those in need and lots of hugs to everyone.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

LynnM
05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
:wave: Good day all! sun here again, hope to get out for a walk later. i'm still recovering from all the social activity of this weekend.....for a recluse like me it was overwhelming! but so much fun :D I received one serious and two tentative inquiries for new gowns, too, so that alone has my mind busy working.

Annie :crossfingers: :heart:

(((Geoff)))

Uschi, I'm glad you liked the dancing video. It was a fairly stately dance, that one. We were dissolved in giggles over one yesterday as some people were fooling around and we all had fun with it. I sat out the really lively ones with fast tempos, but they are great to watch, and of course to listen to. The band had some CDs of their music, I got one of waltzes, looking forward to hearing them all (The fiddler's website (http://musicstreetstudios.com/), a very talented lady, also a weaver).

Congratulations, Sylvia, that is a lovely painting, great that all three got in.

Hi Terri! I'm a knitter too :)

Lucky you, Doris, to see that show. I was just reviewing my books and have his north American bird book, love to look at it, but he had some strange attitudes there. I guess it comes from working from dead birds.

Have a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi folks, had a nice trip to Southport, couldn't find a Cotswolds map though.

Ruth has found another way of using up odds and ends of wool - crocheting striped scarves.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2013/1046-Scarves.jpg

Doug

NancyR
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Good morning all. Storms are supposed to move in this afternoon. Only one more work day, and we are off for our mini vacation. :clap: We have succeeded in getting all the old boards out for the special monthly "junk" pickup today. I have a clean garage, laundry room, and backyard. I am all ready for summer.

Annie, I hope the potential bad news does not come true. Special hugs to you.

Henry, So glad that Lesley got to spend time at home with you. White light to both you and Lesley to give you strength.

Ellen, Have fun at the wedding.

Darla, Have fun and take lots of photos and enjoy the mini-meet. :)

Char, I have downloaded the new Dan Brown novel, too. It will give me something to read on the trip.

Doug, Love the scarfs Ruth is making out of scraps.

Pat, I know what you mean. Life got in the way of our creative side. Hope Winnie gets relief from the shoulder pain.

Got to run, it is almost time for lunch.

ona
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi and Happy Victoria Day for my Canadian friends :thumbsup:

(((Annie))) and anyone else who needs a hug

I'm alternating between painting and packaging up some Ted Trading Card orders today. James is sanding his glider in the back garden and Chris (no I havent adopted another child. It's Rebecca....she uses her middle name now because she prefers it and she says it sounds more like a wildlife person/photographer :D ) is working at Reptilia doing behind the scenes tours.

Have a fun day and welcome to the new washers.

Ona

Uschi
05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I have been out in the garden, some heavy work (lifting, carrying and emptying large bags of mulch).

Then I sat in the shade under my arbor and OH!!! I do love my little garden eventhough nothing is blooming except the Forget-me-nots:rolleyes: :lol: But the Spring Greens are sooo wonderful.

Ona I had to :lol: :lol: :lol: at Rebecca's "Chris". My older son's name is Jurgen with two dots above the u, I think it is the north german version of George. Of course, the kids here were teasing him calling him Jurgen's lotion and Jogy bear and one day there was a phone call for George, Jurgen renamed himself for a while:lol: More in line with Rebecca's name change was actually my daughter Ulrike, who for many years called herself RICK, pretty well for the same reason Rebecca is doing.

Lynn, I am still tempted to become one of your dancers. How hard is it to learn them. Aleve should cover the old age part:lol: :lol:

Doug, I love Ruth's scarves, especially the long fringes:thumbsup:

Hi Pat and Nancy!!

:wave: Uschi

doppler
05-20-2013, 01:18 PM
The news was true. Police site confirms. Our very popular cafe owner and gallery instigator Russell died on Sunday evening. His car failed to negotiate a bend on the Mt Nebo road and he hit a tree and was killed. RIP Russell. I still cannot believe it.

wcartistsr
05-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Good afternoon. Very hot and humid today and due for thunderstorms for the next 4 days. We need it. Our plants are gasping because we have not had our sprinkler system turned on yet. They came this morning to do it, but a valve appears to be broken and they have to reschedule to come back and locate it. In the meanwhile we can't use the system. I guess the rain will do us good. The soil is so sandy here that we need to water regularly.

Been busy with the same things of working in the perennial gardens and also scanning pictures of my long ago relatives. It is an interesting journey.

We had an art show at our church on Sunday.I took three pieces and Don two. I also took one that I am doing of the insect eating pitcher plants. I am doing it on a watercolor block, in a size smaller than the block, so I have extra space. I decided that I would show it as a "work in progress", so I had my color palette painted, notes on things like light, shadow, bulbous look, blood-like veining etc, as well as notes about what else I feel I have to do to finish it. I got several comments about that piece. I think they enjoyed my thought processes about it. People are always curious about how you do it, but don't really know what to ask you except "how long did it take?"

Doug, Ruth's caroler's are so cute and those scarfs are just beautiful. What a talent she has.
Darla, I know you will enjoy your trip coming up soon and will bring back so many great memories.
Annie-So sorry for your loss.
Pat-Hope you can find some help for Winnie's shoulder. Pain makes living very hard.
Ellen-Enjoy the wedding and I hope you can rest.
Henry-Glad you have Lesley home for awhile. Strength for both of you as you deal with each day.
Sylvia-Congratulations on getting three paintings into the show and winning a prize on one!

Off to get on with my day.

Shirley

shipbroker
05-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Eveming all

Still sick but mobile

geoff

happhoto
05-20-2013, 01:28 PM
First massive apologies for being so sparse in my visits this year! Busy most days now and when time permits I try to get to the studio to paint a little. I pop in and out of facebook several times a day, but seldom seem to get more than 10 minutes on the computer before something else pops up, and I'm off again.

Anne is still struggling with pain in her arms and hands, we're switching her meds (yes, again :( ) in hopes that eventually we'll find a combination that has the least objectionable side effects....so far the search continues.:o

Anne's sister and her husband are going to come out to visit in late June early July...and our house looks like I've never learned how to clean...:angel: my excuse is that I've had more important things on my agenda...but I DO try to at least keep things safe...if a bit dusty at times:rolleyes: . They'll have to take us as they find us I'm afraid, or stay in a hotel, my first priorites are Anne, Anne, and Anne...everything else comes after...

Here's the latest from the studio ( I do try to escape there every so often).
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2013/127935-daylilybud.jpg
taken with my phone's camera...I have not even charged the batteries on my DSLR's this year!:eek:

I honestly will try to get in more often, and do more than dash in and dash back out again...But I hope you understand if I don't manage it as often as I'd like!
hap

Yorky
05-20-2013, 01:28 PM
(((Geoff))) hope you get over it soon.

(((Annie))) please accept our condolences on the loss of your friend.

PS Hi Hap, sorry that Anne is having problems with her medication. Hope she can find a suitable alternative.

Doug

olliewood0702
05-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Oh (((ANNIE))) that is horrible.:crying: I'm so sorry about this popular cafe owner's death.:grouphug:

Hi there HAP! We know you are a busy guy taking care of your Anne. I do hope she can find some relief from her hand and shoulder pain.:crossfingers: Your family visitors will accept your house just the way it is; I'm sure. That is a lovely painting.

Ona, I'm sure Chris (Rebecca) like the sound of her middle and last names together...it DOES sound like a photographer. (you know the 'k' sound):thumbsup: :lol:

Doug, Ruth's scarves are lovely.

Shirley, we do need rain so badly. I'm hoping that we get a nice amount but not too much in the next four days. Things are extremely dry. I know it won't help with the mosquito population :rolleyes: but the flowers and grass need it.

Nancy, I hope you enjoy your vacation too!

Uschi, just sitting in a garden can make one forget all their cares and meditate. I'm glad you sat for a bit after doing all that hard work.

Pat, I sure hope poor Winnie can find some relief soon for all her pain; that is so debilitating; not to mention hard on you as her caregiver.:heart:

Good for you Lynn, dancing is great exercise!

Back now to my data entry work. Have a great what's left to your day/afternoon/evening.

BBL:wave:

villagernb
05-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Happy Victoria Day! Raining and cool here; of course, it's a holiday Monday, it has to rain. Fortunately for us retirees, every day is a holiday!:D

Annie, we'll all share your dread, and hope the bad thing doesn't happen.:crossfingers:

Welcome, Terri! I'm new also. I'm glad you had your "real" name in your profile; Tutleymutley" is hard to say, and also hard to type.:lol:
Also glad that your profile specified that your profession is midwifery--"baby catching" conjures up some interesting pictures! I don't think that expression is in common usage on this side of the pond??
I envy your opportunity to see the bluebell woods. I'd love to visit England in the spring to see that display. Maybe some day!
What breed of dog do you have?
I am a terrible knitter, but my husband is very skilled.

Sylvia, congrats on your award for your beautiful painting!
My DH saw two hummingbirds in our yard this morning. They were fighting, so they must both be males.

Lulu, glad you are decompressing from your trip.

Doris, how wonderful to see the Audubon Exhibit! Glad you enjoyed it.

Uschi, I feel the same way about a day without cooking!:thumbsup:

Doug, Ruth's scarves are absolutely gorgeous!

See you later.

Anne

Scene Chaser
05-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Hello again,

Annie, so sorry to hear of your friend's death. What a terrible tragedy.

I took a photo of these apple blossoms. Not so clear but the camera did catch them in the wind.

Bill

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2013/83119-Apple_blossom_5.20.JPG

villagernb
05-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Hello again.

Annie, please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Bill, a lovely photo. Our apple trees are at least a week away from blooming here. Apples are a major crop here in Memramcook.

Hap, you definitely have the right priorities!
When it comes to visiting family members, they are with you to enjoy your company, not inspect your housekeeping! It is especially nice if they offer to help out, and don't hesitate to take them up on the offer!
Your new painting is lovely.

(The other) Anne:D

Scene Chaser
05-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Hap, I remember you. Sorry Annie is in such pain. Hope she finds relief. Good that school is almost over for the year.

Hello Anne. Ms. Feral is constantly looking for shade today.
I will brush her soon.
Biill

JudyL
05-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Doug, I love the scarves! I took up crocheting when I was quitting smoking, worked too, that and popcorn. Might I suggest that Ruth may enjoy knitting / crocheting hats for women undergoing cancer treatments? That would be another good use for leftover yarn.

A quiet day so far, Jen had to take Lauren to the local, community college to discuss classes I suppose. So we will need to pick up the "sprouts" after school.

Spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to set the microwave for 30% discovered we don't have the manual for that, but bless the internet, it's all there, and so easy I should have figured it out, oh well.

Annie, so sorry to hear of your loss, always a wrench.

Yorky
05-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Yes a good idea Judy, she did quite a few for premature baby unit too.

Doug

JudyL
05-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Awwwwe how sweet!

LCPainterCat
05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Annie,

I'm so sorry to hear about the sudden death of your popular and wonderful friend, the keeper of the Cafe, and starter of the Gallery. A terrible loss to his friends and community.

But. . . I have to say that I've been swallowing a fearful lump in my throat all day, so afraid that your unexpected bad news was an unsuspected and serious health issue for you, Roger, or a member of your family.

If that sounds ridiculous coming from a person who seldom actually posts, you will understand that I "visit" here many times every day, whenever I take a break from whatever I'm doing (as we used to do with a cigarette -- a nice little reward break) and my mornings begin every day with greetings from you, Lulu and of course, Geoff -- and then Doug, and everyone else. So please forgive my feeling of relief in the midst of my sympathy -- (((Annie)))).

Lynn/LC

Uschi
05-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Annie,

But. . . I have to say that I've been swallowing a fearful lump in my throat all day, so afraid that your unexpected bad news was an unsuspected and serious health issue for you, Roger, or a member of your family.(((Annie)))).
Lynn/LC

Annie, I too am sooooo sad about the loss of your friend :grouphug: but must admit that I felt the same relief as Lynn/LC

Bill, BEAUTIFUL photo, I LOVE apple blossoms, was my first subject obsession when I started painting.

Hap, nice painting!!!!!!!!! and great you had a bit of time to drop in, and sorry Anne is still in pain.

Time for TV and vegging out. See you in the morning!!

Ushi

Lulu
05-20-2013, 11:13 PM
(((Annie))) I am so so sorry for the tragic loss of your friend. It sent a chill through me, have had too much of that kind of news ourselves over the years.
Please know that you and your friends (and the family involved) are in my thoughts and prayers. :heart: