PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Sunday 19th May 2013 ***

Yorky
05-19-2013, 03:02 AM
OK I have nothing to lose (but my ears) :lol:

Good morning all. Overcast but bright and we may get some sun later. Dry at least. I may get a little more weeding done. They always say one year of seeds=7 years of weeds, so I try to catch them before they seed, especially the bittercress.

Did a little painting yesterday.

Doug

doppler
05-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Good evening Doug and all to follow.

We had weak sunshine and lazy winds here today. Got the lazy wind from Amanda Frazers superb Inspector Falconer series. Thank you kindle.:heart: : A wind too lazy to go around you, so it just goes through. yes the south westerlies were back, until such time as we built another bonfire. Then on the unspoken law of physics of fires the smoke followed us wherever we went. :rolleyes:

Lots of gardening today. I think Roger is cracking a whip. Probably a GOOD thing. No painting. The muse has left like the wind at the moment. I shall try and get her head out whatever it is in and give me a flogging . No cats of any tails involved either. Cos I love them.

Teresa Ragdoll ... that is really scary. ((()))

BBL

Lulu
05-19-2013, 04:46 AM
Good evening everyone:wave:
Has been a day of lots of rain, intermittent sunshine, lots of reading, intermittent eating, lots of sleeping.......

Have just watched an Antique Roadshow (English) programme on war memorabilia - rather teary stuff......

laudesan
05-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Hello ........

Been a long day. Up at 5.00am and off to the Gold Coast with Tania and Bevan for the second of Elise's acrobatic gymnastic competition. Her group did very well in the first round, but sadly missed by 2 points in the second one. I am so proud of her, she did so very well, and looked absolutely awesome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/22284-elise_gym_010_resized.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/22284-elise_gym_019_resized.jpg
They didn't get inmto the finals, but for her very first competition after only 3 months training, I think she is the best. :) Training as usual on Monday..

Tomorrow, I will go see about quotes to get poor Esmeralda repaired..

Ellen, :thumbsup: to your son!!!!!

Bill, I am enjoying this Drawing Workshop. It is for 6 weeks, I will have to save up for another one, they are so much fun. Next Saturday, we are going to a ballet school to sketch.

Doug, Ruth's penguin carol singers are awesome. :thumbsup:

Darla, 8 more sleeps. Wow!!

Lynn, how did your dancing go last night?

Uschi, how did table tennis go?

Judy, funny thing you mentioned virgin. That was what I told Tania, when I told her about the dingle.. :lol:

Anne, I hope you had a great long weekend..

My dinner is ready.

Later............

Ellen in Ont
05-19-2013, 05:50 AM
:wave: everyone,
It's going to be a cool, wet day today and tomorrow. I don't envy the people out camping. The city looks pretty dead because everyone is out in the bush drinking. It is the first long weekend of the summer and locally is called May Run. I have a few errands to run as well as my long "to do" list but you might be happy to know that my dress is ready. :D I'll work on my son's shirt today as well as starting the packing.

Good morning Doug, Annie, Lulu, and all who follow.

JJ - congratulations to Elise.

My tea is getting cold and I need to make a grocery list. Have a relaxing weekend everyone.

Lulu
05-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi again, Doug, Annie, Ellen.

JJ, I love gymnastics, great photos! Well done to Elise and her group.

I remember when my car got rammed, my sister said "Oh Judy, it's not a virgin anymore!"

:lol::lol::lol: LOVE it!!! hahahahaha

Meant to say to Sylvia yesterday that I like the idea of getting the family two kittens when (eventually) they come home......now these two really are ours. :thumbsup:
I did see some cats over there, but only mangey ones which I shoo-ed away!

Well, time for bed. John has already gone, he has a man-cold.......much worse symptoms than mine were......naturally ;)

Uschi
05-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Good Morning!!

Going to be another wonderful day, sunny and 24C.

I was tired last night and went to bed at 10:00 p.m., had my 8 hour sleep and woke up at 6:00 a.m. A bit on the early side.

More gardening today and dinner at my younger son's place.

Ellen, I am relieved that the dress is done!!!!!

JJ, congratulations to the girls!!! They look wonderful!!

Doug, re the weeds, I find it really interesting that each year brings its predominence of a certain weed that I haven't seen in the garden before and then don't see again because the next year a different one will be EVERYWHERE. A few years ago the garden was filled with "Queen Ann's lace" and I haven't seen it in the garden since, this year it is something with little yellow flowers:)

Annie, your south wind is our north wind and I feel for you, BRRRR

Hi Lulu!!

I'll be back later.
:wave: Uschi

Yorky
05-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi Uschi. The bane of my life in the rockery is creeping violet, just can't kill it. The predominant weeds this year are creeping buttercup and a species of willowherb which is a kind of fireweed. Easy to pull out but difficult to eliminate.

the garden is beginning to wake up, it's about 2 weeks late this year.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/1046-Rockery_May13.jpg

Doug

Scene Chaser
05-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Good Day All,
Had such a good sleep I may not need a nap.

The sun is shining bright and Iíll be outside soon.

Doug, youíve seen my weed garden. Iíll have to spray an invader again this year. It could take over the entire woods if I donít.

JJ, sketching balet? Youíll follow in the steps of Degas.

Ellen, we will definitely need a photo of you in that dress.

Lulu, maybe cats arenít appreciated there. A shame, as they evolved in the Middle East.:cat:

Uschi, Doug, I seem to find new weeds every year, as well. I usually wait to see if they turn into a flower that I forgot I planted.:lol:

Going to water my beans.
Bill

Uschi
05-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Doug, we had the creeping buttercup last year - NASTY roots that head straight for the roots of the flowers we want. The ones this year have lovely foliage, could be tempted to leave them BUT we know better:lol:

Goldenrod has to be watched, is everywhere, it is funny, here it is a weed and yet I remember Jean showing them off in her organized garden.

Bill, I wait for the flower too, although by now I recognize many of them. They are very smart at camoflauging.

BBL Uschi

kaypainter
05-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello all,

Am up early as I need to get anything done I need to do in the bathroom done including giving Ms. Esme her shot. My toilet is backed up. I called the manager yesterday and he said the emergency plumber would come. I was supposed to go to an audition, so I thought -- Well that's put paid to that. Then his girlfriend called to say the plumber was in Orange County and couldn't make it until sometime between 6 and 8. So I jumped up, threw on some clothes and drove over to Venice (Cal, not Italy :lol: ) to audition. Of course there was terrible traffic as there was road work going on. I made sure to use their bathroom before I left. Then I flew back ever so slowly -- not only road work but an accident. :eek: 7:30pm, 7:45. I called the manager -- the plumber may not make it -- he's got a real end of the world emergency at another building. :rolleyes: I am offered any of the empty apartments to use (there are currently 3 for rent). Trouble with that is they have no electricity, so after dark -- well.

So that is the saga so far. I do hope he comes today.

I will try to be back later.

HAWLTAIN

Kay

NancyR
05-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Good morning from Texas. We have partly cloudy skies and high will be 92 degrees.

I worked outside with the hot tub all night Friday and yesterday. Back in February, I offered it to our young neighbors. I was going to get a small above-ground pool and use a saltwater filter. Since I am going to have an injection in my back again, my money will have to go towards that instead of the pool. We have a $1,000 deductible in my wonderful insurance plan from work.

In the meantime, we are going under severe water restrictions on June 1st. They had three months to move it, and we had no firm date for the transfer. Every time it rained, I had to pump the water out, etc. I rescinded the offer and got the spa up and running. I went into it last night and forgot how good it feels and old bones.

DH just shook his head at me, but he understood why I did it. So, the new plan is to put a nice small saltwater pool in the backyard and keep the spa when I retire. Until then, I will have my spa.

Since I have already damaged my back, I gave DH a job this week to move 14 pavers to another area of the yard. I can then lay them when we get back. I have to do it now before the shot.:evil:

JJ-Your art group sounds like such fun. Congratulations to Elise and her partners.

Lulu-I agree that the cats now belong to you. I am loving the photos from the trip. What wonderful memories for you and your family.

Doug-Your garden is beautiful. My violets stay in one confined area and do not really creep. Maybe it is a different variety.

Bill-Weeds in Texas are very hardy once they take root. We have to resort to chemicals to hold them at bay, and I hate to use them. That is why I am laying pavers on what used to be my garden area and have switched to containers.

Annie-I hope winter is not too severe this year. We had a mild winter, but spring took forever to arrive. And we are now into summer.

Ellen-I am so happy for your son finding a new job to come home to. Now you all can enjoy the wedding!:clap:

Darla-You only have a week to go before you head off on your magnificent trip. The time will fly.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Hugs to all in need.

LynnM
05-19-2013, 10:35 AM
:wave: Hello all! lovely looking day here, was delightful yesterday. We are on the brink of the rush to summer, so every day that stays below 75F is a blessing.

Yesterday dancing was wonderful, JJ, good dancers, excellent caller, wonderful music by the band Foxfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Qr_EIUDOc)(see this video from 2010 not the rock band!), just the best!!!!!! And I'm not in much pain, either :thumbsup: Took my Aleve and will go back this afternoon for the last dances.

Oh Kay, how very inconvenient, you will have to go back to the days of portable necessities including lanterns.

Sounds like you nearly ready to go, Ellen, will be thinking of you!

I'm very happy my days of seeking weeds are over, but as I walk down the rail trail I can't help wanting to pull up all the garlic mustard I see, it is so invasive and so ready to set seed, you can't even just pull it and let it lie, you have to dispose of the immature seeds too. Some places it is clear people have cleaned it out, and there are lovely violets....OK on a walking trail if not in your garden!

Hope you all have a great day, have to dash, stuff to do before I go back to town :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Doris345
05-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Good morning washers,

Hope all are enjoying Sunday.
Doug, your garden rockery is lovely.
Uschi, those goslings are cute as can be, but not worth the mess they can make of your lawn. . . .
Teresa, that is a very scary accident, cant believe the police did nothing after he hit you 3 times!
Lulu, your trip photo are wonderful. Thank you.
JJ - Glad Elise's competition went well.
Ellen - of course we will want photos of the dress.
Annie and Bill - enjoy your day of sun and gardening
Kay - how can there be something more critical than being without a toilet??

Nancy, I hope the injections work for you - I tried 3 times and they did absolutely nothing. Total zero effect on my back. (I also tried acupuncture, which did not work either, but the rest of me felt truly wonderful.)

It is a cloudy, rainy, spitting, gloomy day here. Fits perfectly with my plans to see the John J Audubon Watercolors at the NY Historical Society.
Full report later.

Doris

Doris345
05-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi Lynn, we crossed.
:wave::wave:

Undergoose
05-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Good morning all :)

Another long night...er...early morning...something like that. :p

I rearranged my work area and am trying my hand at painting almost vertical on an easel. Definitely a different animal, and I've had to adjust how I do some things. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it this way or not. My floor and feet keep getting drizzled on. hehe

Painting away today, but I do have to get over to my storage unit at some point and get some more stuff packed up for the move.

Happy painting!

artmom
05-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Hello, everyone!

Had a lovely time with part of the family at the Smoky Mountain Highland Games held here in Maryville.

This is from the Gala Dinner; bagpipes, kilts, haggis, and whisky. (Scotch, of course.)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/11722-Clan_Cherry_Fletcher_May_17_2013.jpg

I was happy I felt up to going.

Isn't Alex growing up? (16) That's Stephen (26). His parents and twin were unable to come.

Lyn

Scene Chaser
05-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Nancy, I've heard some very bad things about those injections. I've had two in my shoulder which just brought on more pain. But the back is a dangerous area. Consumer Reports has an article on it. There are some very dangerous side effects that can cause terrible life-long pain. These injections are not even FDA approved. Here's the article (http://www.consumerreports.org/health/best-buy-drugs/back-pain-injection/overview/index.htm).
Bill

villagernb
05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Happy Sunday, Washers!

Bright, warm sun and cold north wind this afternoon. It will be hard to decide what jacket or sweater to wear for my walk.

Doug, Uschi and Bill--weeds are always the bane of my existence every summer. We have several flower beds around our house, including a rock garden (lovely photo, Doug!) I agree, Uschi, that every year seems to bring a different unwelcome newcomer, and they are very good at imitating the appearance of your cultivated plants. One of my worst problem plants is one I planted myself--Creeping Jenny. I had a large area in a bed in front of the house that was so wind swept the soil hardened up in the summer like concrete; nothing would take hold and grow there. In desperation, I decided to try a ground cover. It was so successful, I have to constantly cut it back or it would take over the entire garden. It does do a good job of keeping the soil moist, so I guess I'll just keep on trying to manage Jenny rather than remove Her altogether!

JJ, the girls look wonderful at their competition. You have every reason to be proud.:thumbsup:

Ellen, we're all relieved that your dress is ready. :D
In our neck of the woods, many people celebrate Victoria Day Weekend in the same way--driving their pickups and SUVs out to their camps in the woods and drinking. If this celebration has a special name, it's probably French and I don't know what it is!

Kay, plumbing problems always bring life to a standstill.
Hope your audition went well.

Time for my walk.

Cheers, Anne

Yorky
05-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, the sun came out and it has been a lovely day.

Good to see you and your family Lyn, you have quite a dynasty over there.

I laid landscape fabric over the main border with bark chips on top and it has kept the weeds back, but wasn't successful on the rockery which is an absolute paint to weed. I'll have to clean it out this autumn and replant it with landscape fabric and gravel.

Just watched a documentary on the use of statins (http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/statin-nation-great-cholesterol-cover-up) which is highly doubtful as a means of keeping heart problems at bay. On balance I am going to stop taking Simvastatin.

Doug

NancyR
05-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Bill, Thanks for the article.

Ten years ago, I had a series of three shots from the same doctor who in in the orthopedic practice. I was very careful, and the pain stayed away. I have tried the chiropractor already, and it gave me no relief. Aleve does not eliminate the pain either. I will get the one shot, and then start exercising again. This same doctor helped my mother get relief from spinal stenosis.

WthrLady
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Good AFTERNOON everyone! LOL.

Getting up all week with the cadets at 0400 has messed up my sleeping schedule! No work today and I slept until 11! (although I was wide awake on my own from 0330 until 6 out of habit.) GEESH.

JJ- The girls look great! I've always enjoyed watching floor exercise.
Lyn - Wonderful night of partying! I'm glad you felt up to going.
Doug - what a lovely little garden! I agree with everyone else, weeds are a pain in the asters.
Kay- one toilet and it's not working isn't an "end of the world" emergency?!

:waving at everyone:

Packers show up in 7 days. Bleh....
sunny and heading for 91..and HUMID....wow the humidity came early this year.

olliewood0702
05-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Hello Washers,

It's hot out there today. Larry is spreading mulch around our perennial plants. We will celebrate Klaira's 2nd birthday later. She's a sick puppy too.:( She has tonsilitis and Jen took her to the walk-in clinic this morning. She's on an anti-biotic; which causes her to get a sore bottom:confused: Poor little thing.

Matt may miss the celebration as he's working this weekend. We plan on BBQing.

I may sit a spell and do some sketching in a bit. I don't think I'll get the chance to paint today.

Lyn, what a great pic of you and your family! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the outing. Thanks for sharing...and YES Alex is all grown up! When did that happen?:rolleyes:

I worry about Larry being on cholestrol lowering drugs. He's been on them for years and it's a multiple billion $$ thing prescribing them for more than half the population! It's a a racket...and a money making thing.

Just like the pain shots...lots of $$ being made. My sister had a series of those back shots and she had a terrific headache after one of them...come to find out she was leaking spinal fluid!:eek: Unless I was in excrutiating pain I don't think I'd try them.

Ellen, If I don't get the chance to tell you again...HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!

Doug, your garden looks lovely. Such a nice variety of colors and blooms. I think we are a bit behind here too.

Bill, weeds....what a pain...we pulled what hopefully was a weed yesterday. It had white flowers on it and a good root system but we think it was a weed.:D

Every year it seems like I lose a perennial or two...makes me mad as the last two winters were fairly mild; I don't know what causes it.

I hope you all have a MARVELOUS day!

:heart:

kaypainter
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Well the plumber came and went. Toilet is now in working order, but I'm not. After they left I cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed and steam cleaned the carpet as they make an awful mess. Just as we'll he didn't come at 10 last night as I wouldn't have had the energy to do all that last night. Then I watered the plants. Now I'm lying here on the sofa doin' nuttin'!!!!

Hope everyone has a remarkable day.

Happy Birthday to Klaira! Poor little thing. Hope she gets better soon Darla.

I'm so tired I'll say, "What everyone else said."

:wave: :wave:

Kay

Uschi
05-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Yes Darla, it was hot out there working in the sun. Poor Klaira, she might get it over and over again until they come out. Speaking from experience:)

Last year at the same time of year, I bought several bags of mushroom compost from a school fundraiser. Trouble was it was all wet and lumpy and I never distributed them. So today I mixed it with black soil and spread it around. Not ever buying their stuff again.

With all this genetic manipulation going on I wish they could create a tulip that bloomed all summer. I LOVE their cheery colours, they do such wonderful things for the look of the garden. Soon will be gone:crying:

Statins, I wouldn't touch them, I eat carefully instead and supplement with lots of good collesterol. Last time I was over at DIL's parents for dinner they made pasta with pieces of chicken and a wonderfully delicious sauce. Found out it was made with some white sauce in a jar (Alfredo or something like that) and lots of cream. Massive collesterol. Well, they said, that is why we take a pill:lol: :eek:

Caryl, gosh the time has gone fast. You must be very excited.

Actually lots of excitement, first Lulu, then Darla, then Caryl, then Ellen, and Geoff in Ireland, and Doug with his mini vacations, and our snow birds who are still in flight WOW!!

Lyn, wonderful to see a photo of you and your family. I am so glad you were able to participate iin the festivities and yes, WOW to Alex, sooo grown up and sooo pretty!! Does she still come and drink tea and watch movies with you or have her friends taken over.

Doris:lol: :lol: :eek: yes, I won't have to add any more fertilizer to this patch of grass. The two minutes they actually spent on the driveway is covered in poop, can you imagine what hours in the grass produced????

They were back this morning, they live next to the big pond, lots of greas between there and my yard, but no, this is where they want to dine.

Nancy, all we can do is :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that all goes well!!!

Lynn, watched the video, FUN dancing and really not that exhausting.

Anne, hoiw about Forget-me-nots that cover every inch of the entire garden. All started with one plant. But they are soooooooo pretty until I have to spend 3 days and about 4 large bags to pull them out. And then there are the blackeyed Susans, and of course the evening primrose that has taken over the lawn et.cetc.:lol: :lol:

Kay, such interesting experiences you have:evil: :lol:

:wave: to ALL!! I need to shower before going for supper, sweated too much while working in the garden.

Uschi

Uschi
05-19-2013, 02:51 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words, just two small areas, the whole garden is like that:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/10602-Forgetme1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/10602-Forgetme2.jpg

Uschi

Yorky
05-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Very pretty Uschi - I must get some :)

Doug

GramPat
05-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Afternoon everyone!

This hasn't been one of my better weeks. Wednes. I was to get an injection in my back but after 30 minutes and 2 different doctors trying to get it placed, they had to abort the procedure. I am scheduled on Wednes. to have a codyl done. They will go thru the tailbone. I really don't want to go thru back surgery again.

On the good side, I have made progress on my painting for the craft show for Memorial Day. We are all hoping the weather is good and lots of people come out. Lots of doings in Boalsburg! Sylvia and Larry should remember some of what goes on. By the way, congratulations on your 50th! Each year activities are expanded, but being the birthplace of Memorial Day, we have the Civil War Encampment and people walking around in period costumes. Lots to see, do, listen, play and eat! My booth is 3 boothes down from the pie tent. What temptation!!!!

Well, best get back to painting. JJ, I enjoyed the pictures. Sorry about your car.... ;0
I have written 3 other times this week, but they went POOF!! And were gone.
Doug, liked the pictures of your garden; Caryl,,,, the magnolias...wish we could scratch and sniff. Maybe bring that up to Bill Gates at the next meeting. LOL....

Looking forward to seeing some pics from Ireland, Geoff. There are others I would like to respond to, but I wish good health and great painting to all!

Hugs to all,
Pat

Uschi
05-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Doug, all you need is one little stem:lol: Your garden looks loively as always!! I wish I had the courage to tile it all.

StewGold
05-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Summer flowering tulips, as well as the "tulip" tree, google around for Romulea bulbs. They are actually in the iris family , but have mad coloured tulip flowers in early summer and into late autumn. Grow pretty much anywhere, baking hot to Alaska, and I know you can get them in America. I have an acre of garden, but like fussy little flowers, 1,000s of auricula flowers out just now and I have just repotted Romulea bulblets from seed from 2 years ago, will flower next year. I'm in the damp West Coast of Scotland and they grow fine out there.

All the best to all, Leslie.

Flattwo
05-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi to All

Things just the same here, glad to have Lesley home for a while, but hospital messed up her meds, so some mad panicking went on before the pharmacy closed

Lyn, great to hear from you and view your handsome family, nothing like a good Highland Games, great fun!

Hi Stew

I bought some of this tape to stick down my watercolour paper, it is the best and stickiest stuff I have ever used, no lifting of the paper after heavy watering. I bought here in a German store called Lidl here in the UK, grab some if you can! £2.99

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/3457-Tape.jpg

Cheers

Henry

villagernb
05-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Back Again!

Uschi, I agree with you about tulips. I absolutely love them. They are my favourites. When we lived in Fredericton, we had a large oval-shaped flower bed in our front yard. Over the years, we added at least four dozen tulip bulbs to the bed every fall; every different type and colour that we could find. People would drive by slowly in the spring to admire them, and sometimes stop and take photos.

When we moved here fourteen years ago, we immediately started planting tulips here hoping to have a similar display, and the first few years, we enjoyed our tulips every spring. We have, however, been thwarted by the ever-growing herd of white-tailed deer who live in the nearby woodlot and emerge each evening at dusk (much like vampires!) to raid everyone's gardens. They seem to be especially fond of tulips, and they like all of the colours!:crying:

The only bulbs I have left are daffodils. They are also beautiful, But can't replace the variety that tulips provide.

The Garden Wars continue! Happy weeding.

Anne

WthrLady
05-19-2013, 06:10 PM
The boy wanted to show you how large our magnolias are :D
Mr Eagle Scout- has three more patches to sew on tomorrow night
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2013/385681-scoutsmall.jpg

Yorky
05-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Wow! Huge flower.

Many congratulations on raising a fine Eagle scout Caryl.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
05-19-2013, 07:03 PM
I spent the afternoon sewing a pair of pants for Max for the wedding. I would have earlier but our Fabricland is closed due to a watermain break. I found grey suit material that will match all the men at Value Village (a second hand store). The first pair were too tight (I didn't leave room for the diaper):rolleyes: so I made a second pair that fit perfectly!:clap: after supper I have to cut Brian's hair and then we are going to start packing. All the "stuff" just sitting in piles in our bedroom is driving me crazy. :D

Lyn - a great looking family

Caryl - I had no idea Magnolias were that big!

Suppers ready so I'm off to eat. I still have my sons shirt to take in but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to work the next two days so it will cut into my time to get things done. I'll have to leave Brian a longer list.:D

LynnM
05-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Wow, amazing shot Caryl! handsome boy too :) Quite an array of patches.

Sorry Klaira is not well, Darla.

Great shots of the girls in their competition, JJ!

Lovely photo, Lyn, great that you could get out!

Thanks for the tip on the tape, Henry, does it come off easily after a few days? (((Lesley)))

Your forgetmenots are lovely Uschi! They pop up along the rail trail too, escapees from the adjacent gardens.

Well, dancing was wonderful today, too, and it is the band which makes it a cut above the rest. I'm not too sore, will be better tomorrow.

(((Kay)))

:grouphug: to all those with sore backs and other ailments :grouphug:

WthrLady
05-19-2013, 07:55 PM
I promise I get more magnolia flower photos tomorrow. I'm waiting for tomorrow's good light.

Busy with weather tonight.

Thanks everyone!

laudesan
05-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Ellen, phew!!! and Yay!!!! you will be dressed. :p :D

Yesterday dancing was wonderful, JJ, good dancers, excellent caller, wonderful music by the band Foxfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Qr_EIUDOc)(see this video from 2010 not the rock band!), just the best!!!!!! And I'm not in much pain, either :thumbsup: Took my Aleve and will go back this afternoon for the last dances. Very nice band!:thumbsup:

(((((Kay)))))

Doug, I have Wandering Jew in the front garden amoung the lavenders. It is a nightmare, and I don't know how to get rid of it. I tired weed mat once, but it was an expensive waste of time. I lay layers on newspaper down now, amoungst the plants and put sugar cane mulch over the top. This kills all the weeds, except that darn wandering jew.

Doris, how did your viewing of John J Audubon Watercolors go..?

Karl, that is the only way I paint, vertical. Learn how to use the "bead" when painting and you wont have runs on the floor. Put a drop sheet down. :)

Lyn, what a wonderful photo of you all. :heart:

Nancy, you need to go to your Dr, and ask him to send you off to a pain management clinic. It will help sooooo much. I was able to stop taking tramol but just doing the exercises they gave me. It all makes sense. Just do as they say and follow their routine. You have to be dedicated, but it pays off.

Bill, I am with you on the injections..

Caryl, some of the more advanced gymnists had me with my heart in my mouth. They are wonderful to watch. Tania's partner too a video, but I haven't a copy yet. I took my GoPro, but didn't get it out.. If I had remembered my mono-pod I would have :D What a fabulous photo of "The Boy" look at all those badges. Tell him congratulations on the news ones..
That is a pretty impressive magnolia, but not as impressive as your son and his sash!!!

Darla, 2 years, oh my time flies. Poor baby, give her probiotic yoghurt to eat, for the sore bottom.

Uschi :D the geese. Your yard is safe, and they know you like them..

Pat big hugs.

Henry, HUGE hugs for Lesley.. :heart:

I had better move myself, sun is trying to come out, and I need to go get repair quotes..