PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Saturday May 18 2013***

Lulu
05-18-2013, 12:25 AM
I just may get blue ears for this....considering my head is still up in the clouds! lol

No??:thumbsup:

A wet coolish day, and the cats are enjoying being home after their holiday too:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2013/1118-IMG_3814aa.jpg

Doris345
05-18-2013, 02:39 AM
Ohh,
sweet sweet.

shipbroker
05-18-2013, 02:56 AM
Morning all.

Fine and dry still rain foreast.........first of two church services today.

Kindle fingers tiring now

goff

doppler
05-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Lulu, that is so gorgeous. They ARE your cats now? :thumbsup:

Bill, forgot to say I have saved that photo of Ms Feral. A languid beauty.

Doris, I have saved Louie the GREAT. Just got to get painting worm and my A into gear.

Geoff ... you would be in Ireland now?

Good day here. More bonfirng.

Yorky
05-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Good morning all. Late up this morning. Dry after a night of rain, doesn't look very promising out there 9C.

Play last night was wonderful, I laughed all the way through it.

Nothing urgent on the books for today.

Doug

Lulu
05-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Lulu, that is so gorgeous. They ARE your cats now? :thumbsup:

Annie, I can't even bear the thought that the children will want them back if/when they come home :eek: .......so yes, I consider that they are ours.:crossfingers:

Doug, I'm laughing at the thought of you laughing at Fawlty Towers:D I would love it, I know!

Hi Doris.

Are you wearing green Geoff?

laudesan
05-18-2013, 04:46 AM
:wave:

Went to my drawing workshop today. Hard work, drawing perspective looking down on a very long road full of houses trees and stuff. :p We finished today at the Greek Festival eating Greek food and drawing people. :thumbsup:

Lulu.... aaaaaaaaaaaaw

Bill Double aaaaaaaw for Ms Feral yesterday. She is truly very beautiful..

I am tired and supper is up...

Lulu
05-18-2013, 05:43 AM
I continue to edit our holiday photos.......

I was very privileged (and blessed) one day to be taken by my ddil to a school in the desert, that held a cultural day in my honour! and where the principal welcomed me as family and gave me free reign to roam the school, go anywhere and take any photos I wanted........and so I did.
I was hesitant about taking photos of the children and women, but when I asked them for permission, the children soon warmed to the idea and were like children all over the world, rabbit ear fingers as well!
One of the children insisted that I be in the photo, so one of them took the camera, hence the cut-off figures!.:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2013/1118-IMG_3136a1aa.jpg

painterbear
05-18-2013, 05:54 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to six in the a.m. here in Oakwood and this morning there is a chorus of birds singing to welcome in the day.

I'm off to the art show this afternoon to see if my paintings were juried in and watch the awards ceremony. I sit the Gallery tomorrow afternoon and will take some photos then when it isn't milling with people. ;)

What terrific photos to start our day, Lulu. You must hve looked so exotic to the students with your blond hair. What a lovely time you had on your visit with your daughter's family. If they return and ask for the cats back, tell them you'll get them two kittens to raise...these two are now members of YOUR family. ;)

JJ, Sounds like a fun day and good food to boot. Sorry about your car being binged. Same thing happened to our car a few months after we got it...it was parked in the street while our driveway was being resurfaced and a guest of our neighbor backed out of her driveway right into our rear door. :rolleyes: Her insurance paid for the repairs...a whole new door, but it still hurt to have our new car damaged so I can sympathize with your feelings. :o

Doug, I remember the TV show Fawlty Towers...it was one of our favorites. Loved all the different characters, but especially Manuel.

:wave: to Doris, Geoff, Annie, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Lulu
05-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Yes, Sylvia, I think I was an object of curiosity! lol
My dil is dark-haired, and easily blends in.....

At lunch-time, the students were sent home, and the staff all went into the desert for a bbq!

Here is me, amidst it all, a bit sand and wind-blown!, chatter and laughter (and cooking) going on around me.......and soaking it all in, enjoying every bit of it!
I had borrowed a long skirt from my dil.
And no, I didn't have to cover my head, it is optional for the local women too.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2013/1118-IMG_3218a1aa.jpg

and that same afternoon my dil took me to a local salon to have some henna painting done!!!
It's all gone now.........which might be just as well, it probably would have shocked the locals lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2013/1118-IMG_3526aa.jpg

WthrLady
05-18-2013, 07:44 AM
What an amazing trip Lulu! I am really enjoying your picture!

Good morning all. Cloudy and and only 71 right now. Humid with thunder all around, but no rain as of yet.

The world has one more Eagle Scout :)

Have a great day all.

HAWLTTIN

Ellen in Ont
05-18-2013, 08:21 AM
:wave: everyone,
I am catching up on emails etc waiting for some Ibuprophen to kick in. I am aching from head to toe. I don't know if it is the weather change or an arthritis flare up. :rolleyes: I spent 6 hours helping my son at his restaurant yesterday. The girl who worked there quit with no notice and he needed help. I helped prep, did dishes, bussed tables, etc. The good news is that he got the job he was applying for and yesterday became his last day at the restaurant! :clap: He can go away to get married without the stress about the restaurant and knowing he is coming back to a job (not unemployment). :D

This weekend I have to get my "to do" list done!! I still haven't hemmed my dress or tailored my other son's shirt. :rolleyes: I work Monday and Tuesday so I'm running out of time.

Great photos in the wash. I'm hoping to take ref photos on our trip.

I better get moving. Have a great weekend everyone.

Yorky
05-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Great photos Lulu.

Congratulations to the Boy Caryl on becoming an Eagle scout.

(((Ellen))) you need a rest girl :heart: Thank goodness your son got the job and can go away happy.

Doug

Scene Chaser
05-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Good Day All,

Overcast and 55 F

Lulu, great photo of the cats! How did they react when you returned home?
How nice the school welcomed you so. The people are friendly there?
I’m curious about the food there. What was eaten at the bbq?

Uschi, I never get over the fact that those cute little goslings will fly at 5,000 feet in six months.

Annie, I hope Ms. Feral’s countenance works for you.

Doug, like Lulu, I know I would love “Faulty Towers.” We’ve been watching all the episodes of “Pie in the Sky.” A great tv show.

JJ, how great it must be to belong to a drawing group. Someday, sigh…

Sylvia, crossed fingers for your paintings.

I bought bean seed yesterday, so I’ll plant a row today and every two weeks for a couple months.
Bill

Yorky
05-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Bill. Surprisingly there were only 12 episodes ever made.

Here are Ruth's penguin carol singers:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2013/1046-RuthPenguins.jpg

Doug

olliewood0702
05-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Happy Saturday,

Its sunny and mild here. An absolutely beautiful morning. It's supposed to be 80F today and tomorrow and humid.:confused: So far there is no humidity. I'm sure it'll only make the mosquito's more plentiful...it that is possible!:rolleyes:

I've decided not to go to the art fair. I'd have to take the girls alone and I really wanted to paint this weekend so painting won out.:thumbsup: I thought Jen had to work but she has off this weekend; she works NEXT weekend. Klaira will turn '2' tomorrow and Larry and I bought her a wagon for her birthday. (Per Jen's idea) We are celebrating it tomorrow. I can't believe she's two already.

LuLu, what great pics you shared. The kitties look content and happy. A great pic of you and the students and of you at the BBQ. Lovely lady. Thanks for sharing some of your trip with us. I imagine going through all the pics must be quite a job; I'll be finding out very soon.

Sylvia, good luck on the art show; I hope your paintings get juried in. I look forward to some pics of the event.

Caryl, those magnolias look HUGE...and so beautiful; thanks for sharing. Congrats on "the boy" on being awarded his Eagle Scout award!:clap:

Bill, it's not cloudy here; blue skies and sunny at least at the moment.:D

Doug, I'm glad you enjoyed the play so much; laughter is the BEST medicine hey? Oh my, those Penquin carolers are SOOO CUTE! What a great stitcher Ruth is.:clap:

I hope Char and Gail are having fun together. I'm sure they are.

Ellen, oh I'm sorry you are aching; I hope the ibuprofen works soon and you will be able to get done what needs done.:crossfingers: It's almost here!

Hi Annie, getting your *** in gear is something we all need to do once in a while...we just need a little booty push.:lol:

JJ, that is great that you are stretching yourself with your drawing. It's a good kind of tired right?

I'm off to paint now...enjoy your day everyone!:wave: :heart:

LynnM
05-18-2013, 11:57 AM
:wave: Good day!, sunny and warm out there, so nice to see! I'm off to dance this evening, decided I was not fit enough for the whole afternoon too....learning to be wise in my old age :lol: This way I get a ride both ways which is always good. Otherwise it would be bus, train, subway, with stairs, I'd rather spend my energy in the dance!

Glad the play was fun, Doug, couldn't be othewise, given the content! I always enjoyed those shows. Ruths choir is super, beautiful work :thumbsup:

Ellen, I'm so glad your son got the job! Will make the trip even more of a celebration. I hope you are not coming down with a virus....there's something going around here that I'm trying to avoid.

Great that you can paint today, Darla!

Congrats to 'the boy', Caryl, that is an accomplishment!

Lovely photos, Lulu, what memories you have!

Bill, I watch all the 'Pie in the Sky' episodes too....I'll miss them tonight, unfortunately.

Good luck with the show, Sylvia, I'll look forward to your photos of it.

JJ, sorry about the car, what a pain! Good for you, sticking with your sketching class, perspective is not my favourite, either:)

Time to get something done around here, have a rewarding day!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Uschi
05-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Good Afternoon!!

Another GORGEOUS day!!! Temperature just right for me, sun and no humidity:thumbsup:

This is the first day of our long weekend and being that it is Saturday I spent it playing Table tennis, of course:lol: 2 1/2 days left for potting my plants, general gardening, biking, mothers day dinner with my younger son and family and some painting:thumbsup:

DIL's parents went to their cottage, I was invited but it's a 3 1/2 hour drive, too long, and as I said above, I have stuff to do.

First and foremost, Caryl HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to your son, the Boy!!!:clap: :clap:

Lovely photos Lulu!! My two cats (brothers) used to sleep the same way:heart:

Lynn, I KNOW you will enjoy your dancing!! Since you mention subway, it must be in Toronto.

Darla, well, you can admire art or you can be the one to create the art. I like your choice!!!

Doug, I can tell that Ruth is getting work ready for the Christmas sale:thumbsup: Cery cute!!!

Yes, Bill, nature is amazing, isn't it!! Being so impressed with Ms. Feral in yesterday's wash I forgot that I loved your Magnolia photo, will paint part of it one of these days.

Ellen, I hope you are feeling better by now and I am so happy for your son and for you as his parents. Huge weight off everyone's shoulders. If I were you I'd make "the hem" a priority:lol:

Sylvia, :crossfingers: that your paintings were accepted at the show and looking forward to seeing photos of them there.

Some housework to start my "working" day.

:wave: to Annie, Doris and thinking of our friends who are not well!!

Uschi

JudyL
05-18-2013, 03:09 PM
A lovely day....so far, one thing that made me laugh, Jack went on his morning run to Starbucks, and then I got a call, he forgot his S*bucks card and would I please drive over to hand him the card? I didn't have to get dressed but really funny :lol:
They all went to see the new Star Trek movie Lauren didn't want to go and neither did I so we had a quiet night in. :smug:

JJ so sorry about your car :( I remember when my be car got rammed, my sister said "Oh Judy, it's not a virgin anymore!"

Scene Chaser
05-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Uschi, please remember to share your magnolia painting with me when it happens.

Bill

villagernb
05-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon, Washers. We've had a busy couple of days; it's a good thing we're retired--no time to go to work!:lol:

Wintry cold here today--high of 8 C with bitter north wind. We were treated to the lovely surprise of a large flock of Bobolinks arriving in our yard this morning. They have stayed around all day; I love their liquid calls.

Sylvia, I have seen at least one male hummingbird at my two feeders today. I tried to watch carefully and see if there might be more than one, but I can't be certain.

Bill, I loved your photos of your magnolia and the lovely supermodel, Ms. Feral! Each time you post her photo, it makes my day.:)

Caryl, congratulations to your son. What an outstanding accomplishment! You and your husband must be so proud of him.:thumbsup:
I loved your photos of the magnolia. When my husband and I visited our son in Atlanta last May the Magnolias were in bloom, and they seemed incredibly exotic to us!

Lulu, thank you for posting your beautiful photos. (love the kitties!)

Ellen, HUGE congratulations to your son on his new job! I'm so pleased for all of you. I'm sure none of your family will miss that restaurant. Now, full speed ahead toward the wedding!:thumbsup:

Doug, we also loved "Fawlty Towers", especially Manuel.
Ruth's penguin choir is stellar!

Judy, I'll never forget your sister's comment about your car!:lol:

Hope Char and Ruth are having a lot of fun!

Time to start dinner. my DH is outside digging up willow tree seedlings that sprout all around the parent clump; now is the best time to get rid of them while the ground is still soft.

Hope all my fellow Canadians are enjoying the holiday weekend.

Anne

Uschi
05-18-2013, 04:03 PM
O.K. Bill

I am taking a little break from gardening and had to check in here while my coffee is brewing.

Those goosling babies are sooooooo cute, they have spent the whole afternoon on my boulevard property, eating non stop. Then suddenly mama or papa headed off to the neighbours, the babies followed. I wondered why, then I saw. The neighbours have this really tiny pond filled with rain water and the six little ones immediately jumped in, could barely fit but tried to swim. I ran to get the camera but too late. Then back on my property. I think it is because I was the only one who fertilized the grass so I guess it is better than the neighbours:)

Hi Judy, MEN:rolleyes: :lol:

O.K. back to work I go.

:wave: Uschi

villagernb
05-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Uschi, I'm popping back in to say that I really enjoyed your photos yesterday as well!

My neighbours have three pairs of geese nesting around their pond, and their babies are out and about now as well. Yes, they are too cute!

Anne

shipbroker
05-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Not enough light to reas the Wash...today greay craic with perfect weather

goodnight all

geoff

Lulu
05-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Lulu, great photo of the cats! How did they react when you returned home?
How nice the school welcomed you so. The people are friendly there?
I’m curious about the food there. What was eaten at the bbq?

Bill, the cats just hopped out of their cage, had something to eat, scratched on the scratch post......as if they'd never been away :)
And we are going away again next weekend, so it's back to the cattery with them on Friday for a couple of days.

The people in the UAE are very friendly if somewhat reserved at first (but that's me too:)). The bbq food was the same as anywhere else in the world - meat (chicken, lamb) and vegetables (mushrooms, capsicums, etc). Kebabs, meatballs etc. And it was very very nice.
Lots of flavoured rice.
The desserts had quite a bit of saffron (lots!) and cardamom used.

Loved most foods there, seemed very healthy too, we ate out quite a bit because it's so cheap. We often chose Mezze platter as a starter, of hummus, moutabal (roasted aubergine dip), stuffed roasted peppers, roasted garlic etc.
When John and I went to the Hilton hotel for lunch I chose roast duck in orange sauce and it was super yum!

Well, it's now a week since we returned......and we are still sleeping round the clock. Sunday morning at 11 a.m. here, have had torrential rain and now beautiful sunshine. John has gone back to bed, and I'll be following shortly!
Might be a read/sleep read/sleep kind of day.

:wave:

olliewood0702
05-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Hello all;
Larry and I are pooped when he got home from work we worked out in our perennial gardens until about an hour ago. I can't believe the Mosquitos. :confused: we got all the weeding done now tomorrow we will put down some wood chip mulch. I could use a few more plants too. I might not get them until after our trip, but I might change my mind.:lol:

It was a perfect day but quite warm working in our backyard as it gets the hot afternoon sun. We did have a nice breeze though. But the skeeters were even biting in the day. Blasted things made us quit for the night, and we wanted a bonfire but decided against it.:(

Poor klaira is sick. Jen said she has a sore throat and croupy cough. Poor little thing sick for her birthday tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a virus and will be short- lived.:crossfingers: hopefully no one else gets it.

I painted until Larry got home at 3:30 and we went out to work in the garden. I'm working on several paintings at once. I'm not sure I like any of them either.:lol:

9 more sleeps...:D

Be back in the morning.:wave: :heart:

Saint Ragdoll
05-19-2013, 02:22 AM
I "inherited" a cat when my daughter left home he's a 20 pound black tomcat named Fugasy, who despite his size (what big claws and teeth you have Fugasy) is the biggest frady cat! If he hears the door open he bolts at mach1 to his hidey hole in the closet! It pays not to be in his flight path!!!
You have my sympathy about the banged car.....just before last Labor dayI was driving from the gym , waiting at a red traffic light with. 2 cars in front of me, the driver behind me hit me ! Iimmediately put my car in park and reached for the door handle thinking, ok we will have to exchange insurance info etc.....when the car backed up, hit me again and actually pushed my car ( if I hadnt put my car into Park I would have been pushed into the car in front of me!!!!) then the driver backed up, hit me one last time, backed up and drove around me ( by this time the traffic light had turned green and the cars in front of me had gone on)
A Hit and Run!! I was shaking so hard I could barely call the police!!!And my poor car! I drive a black convertable Volkswagen and my back end was crunched!!!! Plastic and "bits" scattered across the pavement...The people in the car behind the hit and run driver stayed with me as witnesses till the police came. ( police took 45 minutes!!! If they had gotten there sooner maybe they could have intercepted the hit and run) After the police did nothing but file an accident report, it was my insurance company that found the driver and had his insurance to pay for my damage. The police didnt charge the driver with anything and I dont think they even looked for him...If my insurance company could find this guy so could the police. In fact, using the driver's address , which the police found by tracing the licence numbers, and was on the police report, I used Google Streetview , found the address and saw a photo of the driver's house with the car that hit me sitting in front with the licence showing!!!
It over $2,000 of damage, and ended up having to replace most of my car's back end. I wqsnt hurt, but I thought the driver was drunk or on drugs and after hitting my car was going to hurt me from the looks he gave me!
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

Yorky
05-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Wow Teresa, what an birk! Glad you weren't hurt.

Doug

laudesan
05-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Woe Teresa, I would have been pretty scared!!! :grouphug: