PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Thursday 16th May 2013 ***

Yorky
05-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Good morning all a dull morning here but dry so far. and 6C.

Waiting in for a plumber this morning, he's going to change the kitchen mixer tap which is leaking - I hope! I can't get under the sink like I used to and I need to nurse my back at the moment.

May miss the art class. here's reference - lobster fishing boats at Ilfracombe. I am suggesting a vignette/faded background.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-May-2013/1046-IlfracombeBoats.jpg

The site is very slow to respond this morning.

Doug

doppler
05-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Morning to you Doug, and all to follow. That is indeed a challenge.

Still and cold here now in our evening. SINGLE digits Char :lol: Roger has the inside fire going and is going out to collect more wood .... maybe sometime soon.

The black cockatoos are crying their song ... very different, and quite primordial, from the white waak waaks, the bellbirds still ring and the hordes of parrots in the loquat tree have dispersed. Fruit ripening. :rolleyes: Cats are out but it is still light. Hoppy the maimed scrub turkey, now the fattest on the mountain, has been fed. All is well on the south face of paradise. :thumbsup:

BBL

Yorky
05-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Morning to you Doug, and all to follow. That is indeed a challenge.

Still and cold here now in our evening. SINGLE digits Char :lol: Roger has the inside fire going and is going out to collect more wood .... maybe sometime soon.

The black cockatoos are crying their song ... very different, and quite primordial, from the white waak waaks, the bellbirds still ring and the hordes of parrots in the loquat tree have dispersed. Fruit ripening. :rolleyes: Cats are out but it is still light. Hoppy the maimed scrub turkey, now the fattest on the mountain, has been fed. All is well on the south face of paradise. :thumbsup:

BBL

I Annie, I would love to hear the sound of the birdsong on Mount Nebo. Any chance?

Doug

doppler
05-16-2013, 03:15 AM
I'll give you one of those FaceTime things in the morning. Darkening now so birds have gone to sleep. There's only the sound of a distant chainsaw which I hope will shut up soon. Yep, it has. :thumbsup:

Yorky
05-16-2013, 03:18 AM
:thumbsup:

I'm usually up by 7.30 am.

Doug

doppler
05-16-2013, 03:21 AM
I will check world clocks :crossfingers: :lol:

Yorky
05-16-2013, 03:29 AM
It's 8.30am here now.

Doug

doppler
05-16-2013, 04:08 AM
Might be your afternoon then Doug. It's 6-15 pm in the evening here.

laudesan
05-16-2013, 04:43 AM
:wave:

WthrLady
05-16-2013, 04:48 AM
3300am.
GOOD MORNING!

HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Hugs to those in need.

painterbear
05-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 5:00 a.m. and there is a storm moving in with thunder and lightning so I guess I should shut the computer down for a little while. :eek:

:wave: to Doug, Annie, Caryl, and all who are on their way.

BBLater when the storm has passed.

Sylvia

shipbroker
05-16-2013, 05:03 AM
Morning from Ya Mons ie Isle of Anglesey depart in 25 minutes for Ireland so back tonight maybe.

geoff

Ellen in Ont
05-16-2013, 05:50 AM
:wave: everyone,
Sleep is getting harder to come by the older I get. Shift work doesn't help.:rolleyes: I've been awake since 3:30. At least I don't work now till Monday.

It's cold and grey out right now but the birds are singing. Errands to run today and more preparations to do for the wedding.

One of the nurses at work had her house broken into while she was at work the other day. They took her computers and she lost all her photos as well as losing lots of other keepsakes like jewelry from her mother who recently died. :( Her husband was out of town so I think they must have been watching awhile for a chance when no one was home. :eek: It made me stop to think about the possibility while we are away. Almost everyone in town probably knows there are a lot of people going out of town for this wedding and might target us. Besides neighbours watching the house and the cat sitter coming in a couple of times a day, I am going to move valuables like the computers, car keys, and jewelry to a neighbours house for safe keeping. Most things can be replaced but some things like photos are irreplaceable.

My son who is getting married is looking for work. The owners of the restaurant have decided to sell it and it is closing the day before they leave for the wedding. He is stressed out about not having a job to come home to. He goes to a third interview with a company here in town on Friday. Could everyone keep their fingers crossed for him and send positive thoughts that he gets the job? It would reduce everyone's stress so they can enjoy the wedding.:crossfingers:

I have lots to do today so I'll get busy. Have a great day everyone. :heart:

Uschi
05-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Doug, Geoff, Annie, Sylvia, Caryl and JJ!!!!

GORGEOUS weather!!! and everything looks lush:thumbsup:

Ethan did well in the dance performance, participated in 4 sets, lots to remember.

A bit of gardening this morning, need to take chopped off branches to the recycling center. In the afternoon we are playing scrabble and in the evening I might go to my older grandson's school concert, he plays the clarinet.

Ellen, smart move about your valuables!!! and I am definitely :crossfingers: for your son!!!

time for breakfastm I will no doubt check in later.

:wave: Uschi

LynnM
05-16-2013, 07:51 AM
:wave: Hi everyone! Sun and birds here, heading into another 'hottest day of the year'. It was quite delightful yesterday, if you weren't trying to work in the sun.

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: for your son, Ellen, that is stressful, I hope he gets the job. Sad, too, with all the work he, and you, have put into that place.

Gallery morning for me, and still clearing up the living room. Decided I had to fix the leaning book shelves, so took everything out, cut down the tall ends to a better height and put it all back together (Ivar from Ikea). Looks much better, have a full box of books to dispose of. My friend comes at around 4, will be rather busy getting everything out of sight before then :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a rewarding day :heart: :grouphug:

olliewood0702
05-16-2013, 08:31 AM
HAppy Thursday Washers!

It's another lovely sunny morning with cereluan blue skies. The gorgeous mauve flowering trees in front of our workplace are done now and the grass is a lovely deep green. Birds are singing and bugs buzzing; it's a wonderful Spring Day. Temps are warm already.

I was tired when I got up this morning; I'm ready for the weekend.:thumbsup: I'm planning on gardening and painting. Larry has to work on Saturday but has Sunday off.

Uschi, we have already let our banking institutions know that we will be out of town for a while so that they will know we may be using our credit cards.

Lynn, that share-a-car thing sounds like a GREAT idea for you!

Annie, I bet your bird variety sounds magnificent.

Hi JJ!

Have fun in Ireland Geoff! Take pics.

Doug, ahh the leaking faucet....we have a kitchen faucet that is leaking too at the moment; but it's not in the pipes but where the faucet meets the sink. Larry has got to check it out. That is a nice ref pic of the boats!

Our Detroit Redwings lost their first game in the best of seven series with the Chicago Blackhawks.:confused: Oh well....

Sylvia, we aren't expecting any storms until I think Saturday; which is no good as it's the annual East Lansing Art Festival that we usually always go to. I won't go if it's calling for rain though. We usually take the girls but Larry works this weekend so it'd be me alone. Jen also is working this weekend and probably Matt too. I'll play it by ear and see on Saturday morning.

Caryl, you must be very busy lately; but glad you dropped in this morning.

Ellen, I know what you are saying; I never post on Facebook when we will be out of town...too dangerous. THere are many theives out there who prey on people. I agree that some things just cannot be replaced. Good idea you have. I'm keeping :crossfingers: that your son gets the job.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day today!

BBL:wave: :heart:

Strawberry Wine
05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Good Day Washers from a beautiful sunny morning in the Grove.. The Orioles are singing and the Hummingbirds are zipping around. I do love this time of year. :)

Char and Ted, at long last, will be here this afternoon for a few days visit... Uschi, I am sure it will be more yapping than painting but you never know. Next visit, we will have the camper up and you will be joining in the yapping as well. :)

Uschi, have been meaning to ask if Nathan is still planning on going to the dance/ballet summer school?

Ellen I think you need to retire a little sooner than you originally planned.. Your overall health is going to become compromised through sleep deprevition.

Well I need to do a few things so I am going to :wave: to all and head out to the grocery store.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

painterbear
05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning again,
The thunder storm is past...at least for the moment. Seems we'll be experiencing them all through the day and into the evening hours as well. Will shut the computer down whenever I hear the first roll of thunder.

No plans for much today. I'm finishing up my sunset painting only have a little bit more to do and then I'll take a picture and put it in the Gallery. :D Now to download the pictures I've taken of my Mother's Day flowers maybe I'll find one in there to work on next.

Gail, I'm :envy: about your humminbirds. I've got two feeders out and still haven't had any takers. Larry even strung a wire out in the garden between two of the poles from last year's attempt to keep out the squirrels, so any passing hummer should be able to spot it. :o

Uschi, Talented cast of Grandsons you've got there...dance and musical instruments. :thumbsup:

Ellen, That's so sad about the restaurant closing right before your son's big day. :o Hope he finds something so he can leave for the wedding and honeymoon with a peaceful heart. I remember seeing a study years ago that shift work was the most stressful kind of schedule to be on because your body never gets the time to fully adjust its circadian rythmns.

Darla, Sounds like you have a very busy weekend with your GDtrs coming up. Hope these storms stay south of you so you can go to the festival with them. :crossfingers:

Lynn, Hope you got your books back in the remodeled book shelves by now. I need to do some straightening up and tossing out...no books though, we do all our reading through the Library. I just got Anne Perry's latest from them yesterday: Midnight at Marble Arch featuring Charlotte and Thomas Pitt. (She has several different main characters which keeps her books interesting).

Doug, Hope your back feels better soon. I know how debilitating that kind of pain can be after my problem a couple of months ago. :o

:wave: to all who were here before me.

SYL,

Sylvia

Scene Chaser
05-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Good Day All,

As Darla has said, a beautiful sunny day. The birds are singing, barking actually, the turkeys are gobbling as it's mating time and Ms. Feral is having a lazy day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-May-2013/83119-Kitty_on_bench.JPG

Ellen, we are arranging for security at our place. They wire the house, put up signs and if there is a breakin the police are called. It's not a guarantee but it's of some relief.

I'll work in the garden again today to finish the harrowing, then leave it sit till planting.

Expecting some food deliveries today, some organic grass fed strip steaks. I'll be feasting tonight and Janet says she'll eat these, too.

The northern Magnolias are lush now.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-May-2013/83119-Northern_bloom.JPG

Bill

CJMonty
05-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Bill, Miss Feral looks in fantastic condition, well done.

I am around and come lurking most days, well, every day actually, but have become quite slack in joining in.

Annie,our White Tailed Black Cockatoos have been madly screetching all over the place these past few weeks, this generally means we are in for some pretty decent rain and for the most they are spot on. Unfortunately today, there were plenty of very dark clouds around, but when I checked on the Radar although there was good yellow, orange and red patches on there indicating some substantial rain, it was literally sliding it's way down the West Coast missing us by only a few kms, not crossing the Coast until down around Mandurah way, South of Perth, below Rockingham., there is more rain forcast over weekend and next week, so fingers crossed.

Anyway, bedtime just now, so will head off.

Take Care,
Lots of Love and Hugs Carolynn. :grouphug: :grouphug: :heart: :heart: :) :wave: :thumbsup: :clap: :heart: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Yorky
05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Back from bowls. It was freezing and raining on and off. Now we have bright sunshine :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for your son Ellen :crossfingers:

Good to see you check in Carolynn, we worry about you you know :heart: Won't be too long before you retire.

Tap was fitted satisfactorily this morning and I made a good start on the fishing boats in class.

Have booked another hotel holiday with 17 friends in October :thumbsup:

Doug

kaypainter
05-16-2013, 12:07 PM
My computer stalled, and I had to reload Safari so my whole reply went pfffffttt! So I'll say ^^^^ what everyone else said. :( :(

:wave: :wave: :wave:

HAWLTAIN

Kay

JudyL
05-16-2013, 01:08 PM
No time to read everything this morning, I am waiting for my "Old Girl Scouts" to arrive :eek: The new beverage dispenser has a drip so am using the old one.
I am not sure when they will arrive, I told them if they want they can come over whenever, I suggested 10 am, but not sure they are coming from all around, on from another state! It's been 50 years since I have seen some of them, so am anxious.

Hope all you are well, if not happy healing!

:wave:

NancyR
05-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Storms went north and south of us last night. Our CBS station has new radar that shows when a tornado touches down. The weather guys were so excited to see it in action. The sun finally came out, and I am sitting in the parking lot of my doctor enjoying the cool breezes in the shade.

Sciatica is still giving me trouble. On top of that I picked up an UTI. I do not know which is worse. I go from this doctor back across town to my family doctor. Fun afternoon.

Work was one of those days full of gothchas. My boss laughed at me and sent me on my way.

Whit light to those worse off than me.

shipbroker
05-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Evening all

Irish Sea was almost flat and we had a brief diversion around the Queen Mary 2 anchored in Dublin Bay. Then we met heavy rain for two hours but fine now.

geoff

Undergoose
05-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Howdy all :)

Just dropped in to wave and duck back out!

Happy painting

laudesan
05-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Well it had t happen. I didn't expect it so soon though. Someone backed into my lovely car in the shopping centre car part yesterday while I was having a hair cut. They did leave all their details, and they are going to repair but, but........sigh I was very calm about it, when I rang them. No point getting upset, it is done. I did, however, feel sick to my stomach. Poor Esmeralda,. Tail light mashed, boot/trunk dinged in.. :(

Yorky
05-16-2013, 06:16 PM
((( Poor JJ ))) there's nothing worse than the feeling.

Doug

WthrLady
05-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh JJ!
That happened to my last truck. Two months old and smarshed in bumper and rear hatch and light whike I was inside shopping, but no note!

All on my dime. Grrr.

Hot and humid. Cadets keeping me busy.
Miss you all.

Uschi
05-16-2013, 08:51 PM
((((((((((((((JJ)))))))))))))))) I REALLY feel for you!!!!!!

Nancy, my scrabble buddies told me about the terrible tornados in Texas, so glad you are O.K.

Judy, I hope you are having a great time!!

Carolynn, great to see you check in!!

Bill, she is a BEAUTY!!!

Gail, yes, the National Ballet of Canada. The whole month of July even sleeping there.

:wave: to ALL!!

Uschi

JudyL
05-16-2013, 10:11 PM
:clap: It was a GREAT day! There were more of us than the get together in October, and we had good food (potluck) and wonderful conversations and shared memories, and some hard feelings aired and put to rest! Some of us plan to go to the 50th (:eek:) High School reunion this fall!

Very tired, more tomorrow.