PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Getaway-fing flower class...

arlene
06-24-2001, 01:03 PM
Hey gang, as you probably know I'm giving a class on making a fing flower on Saturday night when we're in Kentucky. Unlike the demo at the Amelia getaway, in this class everyone will be making a fing flower!

Because of ease of flowers, etc. I've decided we'd be making pansys. So with that in mind, if you have the following tools and are driving and can fit them in your car, please bring the following. If you can't, we will have extras for you to use:

1. A #11 xacto knife (with extra blades)
2. A self healing cutting mat
3. A small (embroidery) scissors
4. Something to color in your flowers with. This can be acrylic paint, markers, watercolor, colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, etc.

I'll be providing the paper, mats for framing, extra xacto blades, and glue.

Rosebud
06-24-2001, 09:38 PM
Arlene,

Oh,Boy...can't wait !

I'm working on the July newsletter..will mail out next week. Includes info about your visit. I'll have a sheet printed up with info and materials list to distribute to interested members.

Looking forward to it .

Rose

Beau
06-25-2001, 09:06 PM
We still dont have an exact number of Wetcanvas members coming to the getaway and Wetcanvas flower class. We couldnt get the main room at the School House inn for the class but have a small Board room instead.....Ive pretty much invited enough to fill it besides what Ive mentioned...first the Wetcanvas members and second...mostly active artists in the county and a few others.....so the Saturday night flower class is pretty much full. About 20 max...maybe 25. I wouldnt invite any more for Saturday or we may have to turn some away Rose.

As far as the working Thursday demo its going to run from 10 AM till around 5 PM so you can invite as many as you want to that. Its not a class but people can watch Arlene do her thing and ask questions and stuff!

Beau

Rosebud
06-25-2001, 09:12 PM
Gotcha !

WC schedule went out to board members only.
Regular mail-out and newspaper ad will spotlight Thursday at Artists' Attic.
I mailed Debbie Caldwell a copy of everything...gonna try to get some free PR (story) & pics.

Just mailed today..check your PO box.

Talk to you later ??!!

Rose

Rosebud
06-25-2001, 09:22 PM
Ernie/Arlene,

If you're making a list, Susie and I both want to attend the class.

We'll just have to say "full" when it gets to that point. I don't expect we'll have too many, but who knows, after Thursday they may be so EXCITED...that they'll ALL want to make a flower !!

:D Rose

Beau
06-25-2001, 09:31 PM
I wouldnt forget my buds!!!....LOL..Of course we got room for you girls!...and the others that are active in the gallery...Board members....and we cant forget Mrs Bennett and her girls!.....other than that its about all we can handle I think.

I Have a few artists at Cumberland Coming Larry Mays and possibly Jeff Chapman Crane and Sharman if they want to attend....If they all show it will make for a great evening cause I think the WC artists will enjoy meeting Jeff and Sharman....Mrs Bennett and her daughters.

We can invite a few more possibly once we see the room and see about how many plan on coming as we talk to them Thursday.

Beau

paintfool
06-25-2001, 10:01 PM
I'm so jealous! :( I would love nothing more than to be there. I have family obligations that keep me from it though. I'll be in Tennessee on the 21st through the 26th. So close... yet so far away.... Hope 'yall have a GRET time and we need lots of Pics! I'm sure Arlene will do an article upon her return to NY. RIGHT Ata?
Cheryl

Beau
06-25-2001, 10:13 PM
Hmmmm....Cheryl....You could drive down to Tn in 2 hours on the 21st?.....

Yep I'm wishing!!.....Wish you could be here cause I'm sure gonna miss ya!

Ernie

Beau
07-09-2001, 11:21 PM
I got a call from the School House Inn today....Our room for the class is reserved still.......Holds 25...same one thats been reserved for months now...Dont know why they cant get it straight LOL

Beau

wshuff
07-15-2001, 11:13 AM
Arlene,

I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'm the guy here in Harlan who bought two of your flowers. Beau, don't know if I'll be here on Saturday, but if so, think you could squeeze me in up at Benham? I don't mind sitting on the floor.:)

I notice, Arlene, that you recently went to Amelia Island for a get-together, and now you're on your way to Harlan. Small little world. I live in Harlan, and my family has been vacationing at Amelia Island Plantation since 1975. My mom (the recipient of one of your flowers) is there now.

And hey, I can't wait to see some more of your colored-pencils. That flower you have on display is one of the neatest things I've ever seen.

arlene
07-16-2001, 02:39 PM
Well we can't turn away the guy who bought some of my flowers!! Stacy, you're welcome to come...

my only question is, which flower did you give to your mom, and which one did you give to your fiancee? :angel:

If you can't make it on Saturday, be sure to stop at the gallery on Thursday, either from 11-3 when I'll be doing some artwork, or from 5-7 when there will be a reception for WC artists.

I look forward to meeting you also.