PDA

View Full Version : "Farm House In Kongu"

docsaro
05-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Dear members,
"Farm house in kongu" is my next landscape in oil . 16 x 24 inches, oil on canvas. This is a farm nearby my native place . I just added a farmhouse. Critiques and comments are welcome..

Saravanan.

abstractca
05-16-2013, 08:53 PM
great trees!

Trumper
05-17-2013, 03:41 AM
Very nice but something about the house seems strange,maybe needs some more shadows.

reverseengineering
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
It makes me want to live there, but the palm trees in the background kind of look like those windmills used to generate power.

Debzy
05-27-2013, 08:38 AM
I agree! It's lovely but the house doesn't quite look real. Don't quite know what it is about it, it's very perfect and perhaps more shadows yes? I like the palm trees, but more diversity in size might help make them more realistic? They are a bit perfect too. I love the scene, you have captured the atmosphere beautifully and would also like to visit or stay there! Lovely work so far. Just a few tweaks could finish it nicely. Cheers =)) Debs.

rossmarie
05-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I like this painting, the hazy sky and the way it recedes to the distant trees. I have never visited India but it looks as I imagine it to be.

I,too, am not sure about the house. Somehow you need to make it look an integral part of the scenery. It looks as if it has been "placed" there and, from a composition point of view, I suggest it could have been painted about a house width further to the right into the picture. Whilst you don't want it dead centre, I feel the picture lacks a focal point.

I like the foreground green - a fairly strong tone. Just wondered if you might have darkened it just a little more in places and lightened up that strip in the centre to suggest shade and sunshine. That would have given a bit more "zip" to the painting - but maybe it was your intention to portray a fairly hazy scene without much sun or contrast.

Mike. :thumbsup: :wave: