Calm and cloudless out there, it won't last

Market first thing thhen perhaps some gardening

Have a nice day.

geoff

doppler
05-11-2013, 02:57 AM
Happy Saturday all.

Geoff ... no dolls then but there are blue ears up for grabs :heart:

Char, your Internet may be molasses in January but ours at present is a snail on Valium.

Might have been the cold. :rolleyes: Winter arrived today. Overcast, rain and a teeny bit of bone numbing thrown in.

BBL? :wave:

painterbear
05-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Good morning all,
It is almost 5:00 a.m. and the morning bird alarm clock has started warming up. :D

Saw Momma Rabbit and two teeny little miniature bunnies following her around out back the other day. Haven't seen her since, but Larry did and she only had one baby with her. Hope nothing has happened to the other one already. :o

Heading out for lunch today with our daughter Kari and GS Casey at a favorite Oriental restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day.

Didn't get any painting done yesterday. Maybe today.

Annie, We are still waiting for real Spring to arrive. We have a frost warning for tomorrow night, so will have to cover the teeny lettuce and swiss chard with a sheet to keep them from freezing. :rolleyes:

Geoff, Have a nice day at the market and in your garden. Mine is still at the planning stage except for the above plants.

Doris, Glad you are feeling better. Hope you continue getting stronger and stronger.

Henry, Hugs to you and Leslie. :crossfingers: the doctors can help her get well.

:wave: to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Undergoose
05-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Good morning...erm...evening...I'm still up from last night working on some projects. :/

It seems I've spent the last 12 hours working on watercolor related projects, and haven't actually painted anything. heh

I've been getting set up to scan/convert my stuff to digital images to start posting on Etsy and such.

Also helping my mom to get set up on the site and working with her on some of her painting back in Seattle. She's new to watercolor, trying her hand at it after years of acrylics. It's a whole different can of worms, isn't it? She keeps reaching for the titanium white ;)

Raining and nasty here in Lancaster, PA, looks like a good day to hunker in with some tea and get some painting done.

doppler
05-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Nowt wrong with titanium white gouache Karl. Your mama sounds like mine. Brilliant but reluctant whistle blowing. Degrees, paintings. Oils. Watercolours, quilting etc.

Hope your Mum joins us here :thumbsup: Read that as invite.

laudesan
05-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Hey there...

I managed to strap my knee up and go to my drawing workshop today. It was a lot of fun, but boy is my knee burning now.

Annie, it is cool, I have a long sleeve t-shirt on. It rained and rained today too, made drawing interesting......

:wave: all..

Later............

Lulu
05-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Back! Was going to go to bed early but decided to get the unpacking out of the way tonight.
was exciting, exhilirating, exhausting and even crazy! but oh what amazing memories...
Haven't slept now for 30 hours....will be dead to the world very soon - when the bed is warmed Uschi:p
Oh my, what a shock the temp is!
Bbtmorrow.

laudesan
05-11-2013, 06:48 AM
:wave: Lulu... :heart:

shipbroker
05-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Karl.......

Nothing wrong with Titanium White........excellent for underpaint for snow scenes...don't suck the brush afterwards though!

Mist......may have another try as found the pump atomiser that I used to use 20 years ago when I really did paint in bulk...it worked quite well.

Starting to rain now...no gardening apart from torching a couple of clumps of dandelions, of which there are hundreds around here.....have washed the carpets and cleaned caravan ready for service engineer next week.

geoff

Yorky
05-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Well, late here, hi everyone :wave:

Been editing Alan's Sketch of the Day (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19610659#post19610659) thread - what a tremendous contribution Alan has made.

Rain, sun, rain sun here, but it will do the garden good.

I always keep white gouache in reserve Karl.

Welcome home Lulu, what a wonderful time you had in Abu Dhabi.

Watching footie on TV now.

Doug

WthrLady
05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning all !
Up since 0330. Ah summer military season.
Foggy and warm 72 already at 630. Not my favorite flavor of weather. Smells peaty.

Have a great day everyone!

-Droid Sent from the Field

Ellen in Ont
05-11-2013, 08:01 AM
:wave: everyone,
Just got in from work and heading to bed. See you all later.

CharM
05-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Hiccoughs!

CharM
05-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning... grey, cool and about to rain any minute... it's not the nicest day we've had this Spring, but there aren't any complaints... we need this rain.

I'll be going to the gym this morning for my torture training... I think that Ted's going to run a couple of errands while I'm exercising. We'll meet for coffee with Matt afterward.

I still need to choose a gift for my Mother. I wanted to buy a new wreath for her apartment door when we stopped at Michaels yesterday, but I didn't see any I liked. I'll visit our own Michaels here because there was one in the floral department that my Mother will like.

I hope to finish my Arctic Fox this afternoon. I have a floater frame for him and he'll look handsome beside the Grey Fox. Both paintings will be submitted to an upcoming juried show.

The end clasps for my kumihimo bracelets finally arrived. I'll be able to finish the ones I have braided and then I'll get them photographed.

I hope your day stays nice and cloudless, Geoff... I've been wanting Ted to buy a weed torch! Good luck with your mist!

Annie, snuggle under an afghan and light the fire... it must be... what... 20C? :p

Sylvia, enjoy your lunch today! And I hope baby bunny is ok. We're expecting frost for the next few nights, too. Most of our garden is under protective greenhouse-like domes, so we have no worries. We haven't planted the tender plants, like the tomatoes and cucumbers, yet.

Happy painting today, Karl... and definitely encourage your Mother to join us!

Put you knee up and rest a bit, ((JJ))...

Welcome home, Lulu! I have enjoyed following your adventures on FB... :heart:

Hi Doug... Alan's thread is massive and his body of work is huge... beautiful and inspirational...

Caryl... oh, *yawn*... :)

Okey dokey... I'm off to fill my cup with a second coffee... Ted's making our breakfast... I hope that everyone has the very best possible day!

:wave: Ellen!

laudesan
05-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Annie, snuggle under an afghan and light the fire... it must be... what... 20C? :p:lol: and I have put an extra layer on as well.. It is delicious, but definitely fresh! :p

Uschi
05-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning!!

Well, I have the heating back on:lol: High is only going to be around 14C today and for the next few days and after that back to warm, probably until Fall.

The greenery in the garden seems to have grown by a foot with all the rain. If it stays dry today I MUST cut the grass this afternoon. Mrs. Robin won't be happy but so be it.

Table tennis in the morning.

Char, looking forward to seeing your bracelets and the painting!!!

Lulu, good to have you back!!! I am soooo glad that everything was so wonderful for you!!!

JJ, I hope your knee gets better soon!!

Karl, happy painting for you and your mom!!! and yes, get her to join!!

Sylvia, isn't it funny how we hope that the second baby bunny is O.K. and yet can't stand them in our garden:lol:

I have to have breakfast, shower and get going so :wave: to Doug, Geoff, Ellen, Annie, Caryl and all yet to come!!

Uschi

ScarletLake
05-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi Everyone

Well it is 8AM here in OHIO and we have frost warnings out for the night too. I have not bought any plants yet but hope to this weekend.

I went to a local artist reception last night - the artist was a pastel artist who did wonderful landscapes/river scapes. I think he was from Chicago. I did not get to talk with him - too many people.

Talked with my friend who teaches watercolor there and is the one who does the evening group I attend. In that group we do different media from watercolor, acryllic, oil, mixed media.

I watched a UStream video last night on using Setacolor fabric paints on muslin and Elmers Gel Glue as a resist on the fabric. You must use the blue gel glue. It was wonderful and now I'm going to get some of those paints and try it.

I've been exploring different things this year. This weekend I plan on using the Derwent Liquid Graphite I got this week in an abstract painting.

Oh and I need to make another portfolio out of the envelopes.

Hopefully the day will go smooth.

Doug - hope you feel better

LuLu - Sounds like you got home safe and can't wait to hear about your trip

Henry - Thinking of you and Leslie

Gail - Hope you are doing well

JJ - rest that knee for a few days

Well off to get breakfast - a sausage egg cheese homemade sandwhich.

Take care everyone

Anita

LynnM
05-11-2013, 09:21 AM
:wave: Good day all! raining here, but spring green grass fills the whole view from my window, very cheerful despite the grey sky. A busy day here, cleaning up and organizing. Then lunch with a friend down in Dundas and back to organizing.

Brain sluggish, need coffee BBL..................

Scene Chaser
05-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Good Day All,

Overcast and may get rain and even a storm.
With the cloud cover we probably won't be in danger of a frost. I have all my plants outside in pots. I have re-potted them into larger pots so they can continue to grow until planting in two weeks.

Probably will not be able to mow. Just checked the grass and it is WET.

I saw J. Fletcher Watson lick his brush in a video and he only lived to be 91. But, being a purest, he probably wouldn't have used titanium white, though he did use the cadmiums.

Have been wanting to plan a trip but poor Janet has had a bad back for a couple of months now, and it is healing ever so slowly. So all trips have been postponed.

have a good one,
Bill

Undergoose
05-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Got mom set up last night and walked her through her 'welcome' post and showed her around the site over the phone, she'll be with us soon. :)

I agree with you on the gouache, I have a tube right in front of me. I swing for the fence trying to preserve the whites, but I'm not going to scrap a painting if it doesn't work out.

I also keep a bottle of *coughcoughHARRUMPmaskingfluidcough cough* around, too, but still make the futile try on a complex waterfall or translucent glass without it sometimes, mostly with disastrous results. :P

I also recently bought a bunch of acrylics again (house burned down a couple of years ago and lost all my artsy stuff). Now I have something to do with the reams of failed watercolor attempts laying around on expensive paper.

Now I just have to remember that I can't rewet my palettes when I'm using it. hehe

GramPat
05-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Good morning all! What a beautiful day; sun is shining, birds singing, flowers blooming, grass growing. Have to mow the field before it takes over. Saw my groundhog chowing down on the new grass. I know that I should try to get rid of him, but he is so darn cute. I like it when they stand up to see what is what. AND they can move pretty darn fast. Should probably get out my humane trap and get him relocated.

Well, two weeks ago my friend returned from Carolina and is so out of control. She is sure that someone was in her house while she was gone and has taken some of her clothes. Tried to reason with her that the security was on and no one could have gotten in without it going off and the police being called. She got mad at me and literally screamed at me to leave and she didn't believe me and said I was lying. (I was a bit frightened that she might strike out and hit me) She didn't call me for 3 or 4 days. She has now started to call me 5- 8 or 9 times a day. I have started not answering my phone. I know that I should not take things personally, but that is so hard to remember and do. Deep down I know that I shouldn't try to reason with her. She has decided to have her locks changed again. That will be the 8th time since August!

Well, my fur kids are all sleeping. Guess I shouldn't get out the vacuum. Well, I can start on the bathroom..

I will be painting this afternoon. I have a craftshow on Memorial Day; first of the season. I have glass stone angels to paint today and more bookmarks to finish. (About 100 each of them) Sadly, I won't be doing any watercolor until I get them done. Although that doesn't mean that I can't make some card sets to sell. Hmmmmm..... that gives me some ideas.....

Hope that everyone is feeling well and those that are undr the weather are on the road to recovery. I will check back a bit later.

Pat

Strawberry Wine
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Good Day Washers!! Cold and wet here. Chance of frost here tonight here as well. Dan and I brought in all the tropicals and aby tomato plants last evening and they will stay in until we warm up again on Monday or Tuesday. All the trees have leafted out, the grass is growing and everything is really GREEN.

Char, Rick couldn't wait one more week, eh? I too am looking forward to seeing your bracelets and the foxes in their frames.

Ellen, have a good sleep !

JJ, rest, elevate and ice that knee for the next several days.... I find bicycle riding hard on the knees so increase the distance and the incline of the hills slowly once your knee starts to feel better.

Anita, I am doing well except for this bug I caught and the same old issues with my back... thanks for asking. You have a busy creative life happening at the moment. No need to be looking for work for now. :thumbsup:

Lulu, "welcome home" I hope you are still in dreamland and remain so for quite a few more hours to come.

Sylvia, not too many in each litter of baby rabbits make it to adult hood... hence the " breeding like" ..... expression.
I have lettuce and other greens planted in the ground too but as long as it is not a hard frost they should be OK.

I am heading out for a couple of things at Sobey's in Sutton so I better get moving so I can be back home before lunch time.

BBL

:wave: to all I have missed

Cheers,

Gail

GramPat
05-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi Karl! Welcome to WC!

Don't scrap any paintings. I find that when I do something that I am no happy with, I can usually find a3x5, 4x6 or something that I can cut and mount on a piece of card stock or watercolor paper to make a card. I have a shoe box that I store them in. Sometimes I take a bit of gesso and then repaint or add to the scene. People are so happy to receive a hand painted card and feel so special that you went to the trouble.( no one needs to know) I tell my students that take my acrylic decorative painting to paint some cards when they are practicing. They love to bring their cards to show. So........don't scrap those paintings!

Pat

olliewood0702
05-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Happy Saturday! more below...:rolleyes:

olliewood0702
05-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Happy Saturday,

It's sunny and cold this morning; with frost in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow night. We don't have any flowers bought yet (annuals) or vegetable plants planted yet so won't have to worry about that. Our tomato plants that Larry transplanted are in our garage.

Pat, it sounds like your friend has the beginnings of Alzhiemers Disease. She's got paranoia and anger that is happening over and over. She really should get checked out by a doctor. Does she have any kids or relatives in the vicinity that could be contacted? Happy painting!

Karl, that is great that you've shown/taught your Mother about the site. Will she be joining us here in the wash? Good for you getting to paint; but you do need your sleep too.

LuLu, sleep well...glad you are home safe and sound.:thumbsup:

Char, I bet your pair of foxes will look great together.

Anita, you are being so creative lately, that is great. Good for you!

Uschi, robin or no you need to cut your grass; she'll just have to deal.;)

Bill, that is too bad about Janet's back. Both Larry and I know about back pain; not good. My lower back has been sore for some time now and I try to be careful when doing things, like picking up Klaira. No twisting while pulling or pushing...that is the key.;)

Hi there Gail; have a great day.

Geoff no blue ears today it seems.

Annie, keep warm.

Nite Nite Ellen.

Caryl, enjoy your day even in that heat.

Lynn, I'm always foggy until I've had my coffee.

Sylvia, Larry just chased away a squirrel that had knocked down one of our birdfeeders and ate ALL of the contents!:( GRRR... I hope the baby bunny is safe but for your garden's sake maybe not.:D

Both Larry and I awoke with a headache, we have been nursing them for a few hours now...and they are subsiding. We had fun yesterday afternoon, we took it off to go with Jen and the girls to Detroit. It was killing Larry that there was both a Redwings hockey game AND a Tigers baseball game there and we weren't going to either.:lol: Detroit was hopping last evening, while the girls were at the concert, Jen, Larry and I went to Hockey Town Bar and Cafe and watched the Redwings beat the Ducks in overtime.:thumbsup: We will have a game seven of the first round of the playoffs.:clap: whew...

Today we are cleaning, the works. Just resting in between cleaning the bathrooms and doing some laundry.

I hope you all have a GREATTTT day!

:wave: :heart:

Scene Chaser
05-11-2013, 12:05 PM
JJ, you might want to check out this type of sports tape (http://www.kinesiotaping.com/).

Darla, hoping the Wings don't get barbecued in the 7th.

Bill

kaypainter
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Hey all,

Have not posted in a while. Been trying to keep up with the washes though. Big doings here at Chez Kay. After eleven, count 'em, ELEVEN years of no water pressure in the bathroom, especially the shower, they finally fixed the leak in the wall pipes. Huzzah!! The first time I turned the hot water on at the tub tap Niagara Falls came out. I'm so used to spinning it all the way out to get a trickle. Now I can actually adjust the pressure. :eek:

I suspect that if I didn't share water pipes with the manager I'd have waited until h*^@# froze over (or the water pipes -- not likely in LA). But oh what a mess. And lots of loud noise. Scared cats hiding from noise and strange men tromping in and out. So we are going to have to wait another week to see if this new dosage of insulin is a good one for little miss. I can't imagine her blood sugar wasn't spiked by all that tsuris.

Now the handyman has to come and fix the wall. He was in yesterday to put some drywall over the biggest hole at least.

I signed up for my next jewelry class. Got an email from the school that they need students for some of the classes or they will have to cancel them for lack of students. One is a watercolor class, but it's from 6:30pm to 9:30pm which makes it really difficult for me. Esme usually gets her shots somewhere between 7:30 and 9 -- am and pm. To do a class like that I'd have to slowly change it to either 5:30 am and pm :eek: or 10:30, neither of which makes me very happy. I think I'll skip it and see if there is a daytime class next time.

Doug sorry you have another cold. I heard on NPR (National Public Radio) the other day that astronauts are more susceptible to colds because of the lack of gravity. Their immune systems seem to be compromised by that. My first thought was -- all those guys on the space station with man flu and not a gal in sight to give 'em a bowl of chicken soup and cluck over them. :angel: :lol:

Doris hope you are finally on the mend.

((((Henry and Lesley)))) glad they finally got the infection under control.

Welcome back Lulu. Can't wait to see some of your adventures.

(((JJ)))) Take it easy!

Pat your neighbor definitely needs some professional help. It does sound exactly like the beginnings of Alzheimers.

Darla I'm glad Larry could at least see the Redwings game. What!!! You beat our Anaheim Ducks!?!?! I don't follow hockey. Good luck to your Redwings.

Hi Karl. Welcome. You can turn your paintings over and use the other side. Hope your mother joins us.

Anita sounds like you are into all sorts of fun stuff.

Uschi do be careful taking Aleve every day. It is a blood thinner like aspirin and can cause bleeding.

:wave: :wave: :wave: to all I have not addressed and all on the way

And HAWLTAIN

Kay

Lulu
05-11-2013, 06:55 PM
12 hours sleep...will write more and add photos when I get my computer back on Moday.