PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 10th May 2013 **

shipbroker
05-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Morning all.

Decided to stop awarding Kewpie Dolls.....

What an interesting Wash yesterday, lots of gossip and new people too
Impressive Aircon Uschi, I cannot stand warm bedrooms and always sleep with feet out of the bed, even in the caravan!

Nothing much today, need to go to town to get some Euros fir Ireland next week and have a haircut
Back later

geoff

Yorky
05-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Good morning Geoff and all to follow.

Overcast but bright here and the wind has dropped somewhat. Dry and 9C/48F at present.

Had a terrible night with my cold. Managed to sleep until 3.30am then dozed until 7.

May work on my Dunster painting today, I have started the sketch.

Doug

laudesan
05-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Hey all.

Went out for lunch with Tania and friends, my knee went out, and that was the end to my day..:(

Blasting healing vibes to all who need them.

Love and hugs

Yorky
05-10-2013, 03:06 AM
((JJ)) it's no fun getting older.

Doug

doppler
05-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Geoff, after seeing them I was going to save you. :lol: Blue fig leaf methinks.

Doug, I am over my cold already :crossfingers: It was just a cold. No the direst ebolist man flu.

JJ :wave:

I had to renew my drivers licence today. t was besieged with trepidation and nightmares a plenty as I drove to Strathpine. Last time we went there was for Rogers licence renewal ( new fangled cardy things so everyone has to go . My last time I was able to renew online). Rogers renewal was a chockful room of people, standing room only and a two hour wait.

Mine was cruise into the car park. Park comfortably and walk into a nearly deserted office. I sat down in a sweat waiting for the joke. Any old which ways I was called very shortly to a counter and everything was processed with speed, courtesy and efficiency. I looked at the woman behind the counter at the end and mentioned that last time we had been here was Ekka day for my husbands licence. She blanched visibly and then laughed nervously.Then said, that's our busiest day of the year. Brisbane offices being shut on that day.

She started giggling and then I burst into laughter. Went out and phoned Roger to tell him. Hung before he could say WHAT!!!

It was the only day he could do it given his then work schedule.

Cultural aficionados can discover themselves what EKKA means. Maybe I shall take mercy? Brisbane Agricultural exhibition . Exhibition. Ekka. Public holiday in Brisbane city environs but not Strathpine.

Did the shopping, came home, it was cold and it rained. then to cheer him up we has another bonfire.

:wave: to all especially the newcomers :thumbsup:

Yorky
05-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the EKKA explanation Annie. Glad you got rid of the cold. Hopefully mine will be gone in a couple of days.

Doug

ScarletLake
05-10-2013, 03:47 AM
HI Everyone:wave: :wave:

3AM here in OHIO. The lighting and thunderstorms/rain woke me up at about 1AM. I'll get back to bed after this post.

Yes I think this last visit to hosp may have not had to have happened but who knows for sure. Stopped in yesterday and went to visit with Dad and brought his laundry home and did 3 loads last night. Will deliver it in the AM.

My DH and I have decided to get out of town over Memorial Day weekend even if it is just going to Columbus one day and somewhere else the other. We're not telling anyone ahead of time as sister will be going off to Tenn to the lake for the weekend. 911 is always available to transport to hospital.

Last night I got out some cardstock and played around with the spray inks and stencils for a couple hours. Got some really interesting papers which I can scan for note card but mainly the papers are for my journals.

OK -----

Doug --- Sorry to hear about your cold. I've had some slight spring allergy symptoms but not serious

Tony === What great pics of your trip and a fantastic addition to your house

Geoff --- Kewpie dolls are quite collectable I think. I think they are very funny little things

Bill --- I wonder what that dream means. Oh No - I sure hope things go well at the SS office.

Karl ---Welcome to the group

Uschi ---Yeah on the air conditioner. You're gonna LOVE it this summer.

Caryl --- Yes an extremely fast recovery - I agree. I guess you are getting ready for your move. I'm sure you will get settled in no time. Yes sorry that you will not be there when my son gets there from N. Carolina.

Shirley ---What part of Virginia were your parents from??? I grew up in Virginia till I was 15 in the western tip of Lee County. That is the area close to KY and TN

Reggie --Good Luck in your new job.

Doris ---Ah Ha ---I had you on my mind earlier in the week and wondered if you had gotten worse. I meant to send you a private message but then all hell broke lose here. I sure hope that you have gotten over this thing. I'm sure Louie was glad to have you back.

Ok everyone have a great day

Anita

Ellen in Ont
05-10-2013, 06:20 AM
:wave: everyone,
It's -5 with a windchill of -10 this morning and grey outside. Nightshift tonight but lots to do this morning. At least I'll get a nap this afternoon.

Nice to see everyone up and busy.;)

I will keep this short and go back to making Brian's "to do" list for the weekend. I did my part this week already.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone.

ReggieS
05-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Morning all!:wave: Just finishing my tea, then to shower and get dressed and leave for WAterbury. Nervous but happy and excited!

HAve a great day all! IT is sunny so far,hope it lasts!

Reggie

Yorky
05-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Have a good first day at work Reggie :heart:

Doug

shipbroker
05-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Afternoon all..

Did try to post on return from town but it wouldn't let me in.....wrong password message again........

Anyway, raining now so planned gardening abandoned and will force myself to do some painting...

geoff

Scene Chaser
05-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Good Day All,
An overcast and rainy day. Plenty to do inside, but the lawn does need mowing.

Bill

painterbear
05-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Good Morning all,
It is a little before 8:30 a.m. on an overcast day here in Oakwood. Rain moving in from Indiana, probably reach us around noon. Larry and I are going out shopping this morning for slippers for me and a weed wacker yard tool for him (his old one died yesterday). :o

Have two paintings in the works, so maybe I'll do a bit of painting too. Have to get all my paperwork lessons for my Beginners class in order and stored away in case I want to teach it again next year. Everything is helter skelter on the dining room table at the moment. I know that drives Larry nuts. :lol:

Uschi, Your new ac unit looks great. Glad you broke down and decided to get it, you'll sleep much easier this summer when it is hot. :thumbsup:

Ellen, I'm glad your dress arrived. I look forward to seeing photos of you and the bridal party when the big event takes place. ;)

Reggie, GL on your first day of the new job. You'll do great.

Anita, Sounds like a good plan to keep quiet about your get away. What would all these people do if you weren't right there at their beck and call? Maybe it is time for them to find out, eh. ;)

Doug, Hope you get over your cold soon like Annie did. :D

:wave: to all who were here before me and to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

olliewood0702
05-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Happy FRIDAY Everyone!

It's raining; has been since sometime during the night. Mild, dark and humid. It looks like an "all day-er"

Caryl, that segway looks interesting and fun. I bet they boy loves it. I'm glad you dropped in the wash.

Aww (((DORIS))) I'm SO VERY Sorry that you were in hospital. I wondered because you seemed to be sick for SO long. I'm glad you are now home and that your brother coddled you a bit. I hope you continue to improve daily.:heart: Louie will come around...cats are so persnickety.:rolleyes:

HAVE A WONDERFUL first day at work Reggie! I'm sure you'll do well. An hour and a half is quite a drive. I commute a 1/2 hour one way so an hour a day to my job.

I'm only working a half day today...out at noon. Jen, Larry and I are taking the girls to a concert in Detroit. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxed dinner with Jen and Larry. :thumbsup:

I mailed my Mother her Mother's Day card with a gift card inside. I think...don't know for sure but I think I forgot to put a stamp on it.:confused: I had written out some checks for some bills and got them ready the night before and just grabbed the card and took them to the post office. I don't remember putting a stamp on my Mom's card.:rolleyes: :o I guess we'll see if it comes back.

It's supposed to get quite cool (frost warnings will be in effect) on Sunday night into Monday. I'm glad we don't have anything planted and put out yet.

(((DOUG))) I hope you continue to feel better...sorry your sleep wasn't so good.

Geoff,.what?? No more kewpie doll awards?:D

Ellen, it's only fair that Brian has a "to-do" list too right?;)

((JJ))) oh ouch....do take it easy and elevate and ice your knee.

Bill, no grass cutting today...too soggy.

Anita, good for you planning on a nice day (or two) trip over the Holiday weekend. You and your DH deserve it.

Hi Annie, I'm glad your trip to renew your drivers license wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be.

Hello Sylvia, Have a great day!

I've been thinking of (((HENRY & LESLEY))):heart:

I hope you all have a most wonderfully creative day.

BBL:wave: :heart:

Doris345
05-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi washers,

Doug - take care of that cold. That is how mine started a month ago!
((JJ)) - ouch!
Annie - glad you are better and cold is gone
Anita, Darla - Louie took about 15 minutes to forgive me. Probably would have been faster if I had stopped and sat down sooner :)
Hi to Ellen, Geoff, Reggie, Bill, Sylvia.

I am going to walk over to the Library this a.m., pay a fortune in overdue fines (at least it's to a good cause and for a good reason (sick)), and then I will stop at Home Depot on the way home to see what plants they have in their (very, very, very limited) Garden Dept.

I am also trying to find some canning jars locally - I can always order on line, but hate to pay shipping charges.

See y'all later.

Doris

NancyR
05-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Good Morning to everyone. We are cloudy but warm--which is very nice.

Went to my orthopedic doctor yesterday afternoon. He was so happy that it was 10 years since I had my shots for my ruptured disk. Good news is that I irritated it when I was moving the paver stones. So, I am on steroids for a week and will go back. I hope this treatment works.

Remember the story of the Princess and the Pea. Well, in my case it is true. Even though our mattress is only a few years old, my back can tell. We went to Sams Club (Walmart) and bought a $99 gel mattress topper. I have had the best night's sleep in over two weeks. I could actually walk this morning.

Geoff, I'm sure the other Kewpie Dolls are relieved with your decision. I loved your description yesterday about our blog.

Doug, Hopefully, you cold won't last too much longer. Having just suffered one a month ago, I totally understand what you are going through.

JJ, I keep my knee brace handy. The best one is one that I bought at Walmart. I hope that you have one to ease the pain. (I have a collection of braces, walking casts, a set of crutches, several walking canes, walkers, and even a wheelchair. By keeping everything, I am hoping not to ever use any of them!)

Annie, Now that I am a "Senior" citizen, I get special treatment when I renew my license. I get to sit in chairs instead of standing in line. In fact, they put me to the front of the line.

Anita, I am so glad you are going to "run" away from home for a long weekend. Make sure you turn your cell phones off, so you do not get any emergency calls. There is always 9-1-1 if there is a true emergency. You need the break. :D

Ellen, I am so glad that your dress came in and only needs to be hemmed. The wedding will be one to remember always!

Reggie, By now you are at work, so I hope your first day was great! It is always so exciting to start a new job.:clap:

Uschi, I am so glad that you purchased the room AC and had it installed before you needed it. You beat the rush!

Sylvia, We had our rain yesterday, so I'm sure you're getting the same front that went through here. Hope your shopping trip was successful.

Darla, TGIF. One week closer to leaving for your trip!

Special white light to Doris, Henry, and Lesley.

Everyone have a great day and hugs to those in need.

LynnM
05-10-2013, 09:57 AM
:wave: Damp out there today, but mild, it will be a pleasant walk this morning. I am off shortly to the post office to mail a parcel.

Hi Geoff!

Sorry you are still streaming, Doug. Looking forward to seeing your Dunster painting.

(((JJ))) hope it is not too serious:crossfingers:

:lol: love the licence renewal story, Annie!

Anita, good plan.

Happy painting Sylvia!

I hope you did put the stamp on, Darla, I hate it when that happens.

Glad you are feeling better Doris, do take it easy.

Good that there was a solution for your back, Nancy. That gel pad sounds great. Here you can get combination of gel and memory foam, at the moment I have just memory foam and it works fine for me.

Hi Ellen, Reggie, Bill, and all to come!

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
05-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Good Day Washers!

Overcast here today and a bit cooler than it has been. We are also in for some near freezing weather starting tomorrow or Sunday with a chance of snow flurries. Dan and I will bring in all the potted plants that have been enjoying the sunny warm weather tonight.

I cam down with the "lurgy" this past Monday evening. One minute I was fine and the next I had an extremely sore throat. Which of course progressed to tight chest, major body aches and fatigue. I slept most of Tuesday. I had a scheduled Dr.'s appointment on Wed. Because of the recent lung surgery I need to take a course of antibiotics .

We had booked the rental of a "pond Vacuum" for yesterday and we were going to cancel and rebook. I was feeling good and the weather forecast for the next week and a half was not so great so we decided to go ahead with the maintenance day. Glad we did .... We really should have done it last year and it is probably a good idea to do it again next year and then every other year.
Also, yesterday morning our hot water tank/heater started leaking. My electrician/plumber brother came to see if was repairable, but no, it needs replacing. Dan has just returned from purchasing a new one and hopefully Peter can install it today before he heads to his trailer for the weekend.

Ellen, glad your dress finally arrived and no alterrations otherthan the hemming are required.

Uschi, I always thought that you had central air conditioning... Your new window unit should keep you cool for sleeping.

Doris, so sorry that you ended up with pneumonia and glad that you are feeling well again. Take it easy for a while yet.

Geoff, loved your Kewpie dolls...

Doug, are you sure your colds are not allergies

Bill, I was thinking of cutting parts of our grass today but it is raining now... Guess it will have to wait a few days now.

I just had a wonderful chat with Uschi by phone as her internet is down.

Cheers, to All,

Gail

Time to get some inside chores done

Flattwo
05-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi to All

Its been an exhausting time lately, treatment plan will be conveyed to Lesley next Monday or Tuesday, she did have 7 units of blood this week, plus treatment for a serious chest infection, which she is over now.

Here are a couple of photos taken by my Brother in Northern Thailand, he is back in Melbourne at the moment, my other Brother, Iain and his Polish partner Dorota are off to Krakow tomorrow for a few days

A Boy from the Karen Tribe
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2013/3457-480191_10151666174134853_540306151_n1.jpg

An Akha tribe girl
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2013/3457-942023_10151666168244853_1161588672_n1.jpg

A Lisu Tribesman and child
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2013/3457-182341_10151666590594853_1854224050_n1.jpg

Speak Later

Henry

wcartistsr
05-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Raining here but we need it. I think it is to be an all day affair.That suits me because I am paying for yesterday's deck power washing. Sore back and tired muscles. I am going to sit at the computer today and scan some more photos.

Doris-so glad you got the care you needed and are now home and on the mend.
Doug-hope today is better for you.
JJ-Ouch! Don't you hate it when the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak?
Annie-congratulations for sailing through your license renewal.
Henry-thinking of you and Leslie and hope you can get started on the plan soon. Glad her infection is cleared.

Off to get busy doing as little as possible.

Shirley

shipbroker
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Well I had just posted a nice chatty piece and it went 'puff'........most annoying isn't it!

Henry, just thinking about you and Lesley as I'm looking at a Lochs & Glens Self-drive to couple with another Tigh Mor visit...this would be early Autumn.

Been painting today..old style stuff.......Eileen is getting ready to make Lemon Schaums for the 70th birthday 'do' of John our Orthopaedic Consultant friend, still working every day he isn't game shooting.....he has brought fairground dodgem (bumper) cars to farm next door as he did for his 60th and his daughters wedding...great fun for the younger ones!

geoff

Uschi
05-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Just a quick Hi! from me before I go to "play".

Gray in gray, not much rain happening, we need it. You will smirk when I say that, but it is COLD:lol: now that I am used to temperatures in the 20's.

The reason I was missing this morning was that I had no internet connection and it took me forever to pluck up the courage to call them and go through the rigmaro of reestablishing it. You know, talking to people in another country whom I cannot understand because of their heavy accent, quite laughable really because who am I to talk:lol: :lol:

Anyway, the whole thing was done via an automated voice telling "do this and when you are done press 1" etc. etc.. Was actually easier than I thought.

Will say what they ^^^^^ said and off I go!

:wave: Uschi

Scene Chaser
05-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Uschi :lol: Since my father's first language was German, I find your small accent quite comfortable.

It's true, though, the last time I talked to Maggie about an internet problem, she did have a strong accent.

My Magnolia is fully bloomed.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2013/83119-Magnolia.JPG

Bill

Flattwo
05-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi

Anyone fancy owning a Japanese Sumo Tegata? By Brother has one entered in an oriental auction on the 23rd May, 7500 might secure it!

http://www.mctears.co.uk/auctions/lot.aspx?id=b1477666-4688-4303-ae42-2964ceb87710&referrer=browse&page=1

Henry

CharM
05-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon! It's been a grey day here in SW Ontario... we got a little rain last night and we're expecting more. We need the rain, so no complaints.

Our internet was slower than molasses in January and isn't much better today. With our trees leafing out, I suspect that the wifi signal is being obstructed.

We really didn't do anything of consequence yesterday... a little gardening... a little tidying... we met Matt for coffee...

Today, we drove to Cambridge to meet Ted's friend Rick... it was a point equidistant from each of our homes. Ted had picked up a car dolly for Rick and we finally managed to get it delivered. We had lunch together. Then, we stopped at Bjan's art store in London, where I bought a couple of frames and a tube of DaVinci Benzimida Orange... We made one final stop at Michael's so we could buy a birthday gift for Matt's girlfriend. She's been learning to decorate cakes, so we bought her some fancy supplies.

Welcome to our Newcomers!

Uschi, I know you're going to enjoy the air conditioner!

((Gail)) Don't overdo...

Henry and ((Lesley))... it's sure a stressful and worrisome time for you...

Geoff, I find mist very difficult to paint... your winter scene is beautiful!

Ellen, I'm so glad that your dress has finally arrived!

Reggie, I hope your first day at work was an excellent one!

Doris, you've sure had a long journey back to good health. It's so nice that you're able to stay with your brother when you need to. I hope things continue to improve steadily now. Canning jars are in every grocery and department store here...

Did you put your return address on your Mom's card, Darla? I sure hope it all works out. TGIF.

((Doug)) You know what to do...

:wave: Everyone I've missed by name... I still have some things to do before I get dinner ready. Fishy Friday for us. I hope the rest of your day is excellent!

Undergoose
05-10-2013, 04:49 PM
*yawn*

I seem to have gotten my sleep schedule turned around a little.

Happy late wash, everyone. :)

Very striking pictures, Flattwo, thanks for posting. I love being able to see stuff from around the world that I'd normally miss out on.

It might be my sleepy brain/eyes talking, but all I can think when I look at the third picture is that judging by the look on the child's face, I think that the Lisu tribesman might have a little gas.

Oh Friday...I love you sooo much... :)

Uschi
05-10-2013, 05:11 PM
So the cold turned to warm and humid. Rain wise we had a few dribbles here and there and then the sky turned yellowish and all of a sudden we had such a downpour that I could not see the end of my driveway with unbelievable wind. I have rarely seen anything like it. It is still raining more gently now. I am a happy camper because the garden REALLY needed it.

Mrs. Robin survived it, I don't know how she could stay sitting in that nest.

Char, you were oh soooo near and yet so far away:crying:

Henry, lucky guy!!! and continued best wishes for Leslie!!!!!

Bill, beautiful magnolia bush!!! Here they are blooming all over the place too and I have been meaning to take photos but like EVERY Spring, right in the middle of their beautiful bloom it rains and their glory is gone.

So I have figured out how to control the hip/leg/back pain. I used to take an Aleve every second or third day and it dampened the pain but not enough to make me feel young again. I don't like taking medication every day but I gave in and started taking the Aleve every morning, no gaps in between, and it is doing the trick:thumbsup:

I invited DIL's parents for dinner tomorrow night, they couldn't because they are babysitting our grandchildren so instead I am going to their place for dinner in a minute, how is that for a good trade:lol:

The sun is shining brightly now, the rain has gone and has done a great job.

:wave: Uschi

shipbroker
05-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Well after a slow start the Wash got busy in the end.

Very calm abd dark out there so rain and gales forecast!!

Henry those pictures by your brother are brilliant.

Good night all

geoff