PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Tuesday 7th May 2013 **

shipbroker
05-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Morning all.

Another Kewpie Doll perhaps??

6 hours uninterupted sleep so a good start to what looks like another nice dat, but weather changing tomorriw onwards to cold and rain.

Off to golf shortly so back later

geoff

Yorky
05-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Good morning Geoff. Enjoy your golf.

It's a bright start to the day here.

PS Up now and there's not a cloud in the sky except con trails. 11C/52F already. Catching up with the washing after our holiday. Bowls this afternoon.

Doug

ScarletLake
05-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Hello

Well I was going to take this time to post/comment on reading the posts from Frid to today BUT----

I have worked all day in my home - moving around a heavy solid wood chest of drawers in my oldest sons bedroom so that I can move in bookcases in it's place to really organize my art/craft things. Unloaded one bookcase and drug it by myself from my bedroom to my sons bedroom.

Had just sit down at around 8PM and logged onto the computer when the phone rings and it is my stepmom saying what else but "I'm so sick" and guess what my half sister is in Florida for the week on a girlfriends trip. S0000 off I go to her house and call the squad and I just got home at 4AM.

Lots of tests being ran and reran. Her WBC is up but they don't know why. She was feeling better and I stayed until 3:15AM and they were going to admit her --she was just waiting to get a room but I couldn't stay any longer and now off to bed with me.

So if you don't hear from me much this week you will know why.

I plan on running away from home

Anita

Yorky
05-07-2013, 04:33 AM
(((Anita))) you are so good to your family.

Doug

tstimpson
05-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Good morning everyone - and a beautiful one it is too :thumbsup: . Went and joined our new bowling club last evening - The Sir Francis Drake! All uniformed up and ready to go - great evening with a "pickup" game plus supper and quizz night followed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

shipbroker
05-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning Terry/Doug........yes beautiful day...18c here.

Anita..........there will be a special bench for you in heaven(((((((((())))))))))).

Some paintings to do after unloading golf gear from car..

geoff

Ellen in Ont
05-07-2013, 06:55 AM
:wave: everyone,
Max still has a fever and cold so I am babysitting today. My other plans go out the window. But Max is the priority. I am supposed to be getting my dress for the wedding in the mail today and have to be here to sign for it but I thought Brian would be home anyway. Last night he tells me he has to go to work for fire training all day. :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll pick it up tomorrow at the post office.

We are expecting highs of about 25 today and tomorrow then back to colder temps. I just have a few piles of debris from the gardens to bag and the yard work will be caught up. The bigger job ( that I had planned on doing with Brian today) is pulling everything out of our storage building in the back yard, organizing it and getting the Christmas decorations put away. They are still sitting under our deck. Looks like I'll have to do that myself tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Anita - I hope you can get a good sleep and get some energy back to deal with everything you have to. :heart:

Good morning Geoff, Doug, Terry, and all who follow. I have to shower and get dressed to go. Hugs to all who are hurting.

CharM
05-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning... we are enjoying a sunny start to our day, but the clouds will be moving in according to the weatherman. I have the windows open and the cool, fresh air is nice.

I managed to work on my Arctic fox a little yesterday, between classes. He's been a challenge for me for some reason, but I'm slowly making headway with him. We also worked on our analogous blues and it's going to be another fun project.

This morning, I'm off to the gym... and then must hurry home for my Class this afternoon... more blues... :)

Happy golfing Geoff and happy Bowls Doug!

((Anita))

Hi Terry... more bowls?

You're back already, Geoff... do you work on more than one painting at a time?

Ellen, perhaps the Christmas decorations can wait one more day so that Brian can help... :) ((Max))

I hope that everyone enjoys a happy and creative day! :heart:

LynnM
05-07-2013, 08:45 AM
:wave: Sun here too! My morning at the Village, trying to fix a doll that someone else started, I'll dress it for youngest DGD to carry in the fashion show. I have been asked to make a dress for our fearless leader in the costume department, interesting challenge as the only pattern we have for the correct time period is 3 sizes too small.....I'll figure out something!

Thinking of those under the weather :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

How are you, JJ?

Looking forward to seeing the fox when it is done, Char.

(((Anita)))

Sounds like you are settling in fine, Terry!

Hope you don't get the virus, Ellen.

Have a good day everyone!

Uschi
05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Good Morning!!!

At this time of year the world is a beautiful place, well Ontario is, anyway. The trees are that fresh acid green, the forsythias are blooming, the magnolias are blooming, some fruit trees are blooming and of course the tulips and daffodils, oh, and the dandelions looking so fresh and cheerful.

Another GLORIOUS day!!!!

Going for lunch with my friend Lynn and after that Rita is bringing her SIL, who came from Vancouver for the funeral, over for coffee and chat. Followed by taking Ava for her swimming lesson and dinner at their place.

So, as you all know, I love to paint but stop myself because I feel I am just adding on to the pile of paintings in the basement that the kids will have to deal with when I drop dead. Then I thought of Char, who paints the small ones to sell them off for $ 25.

So I thought to myself, I can sit and while my time away reading, or I can sit and while my time away painting and getting some money in the bargain, so Char, that is what I have been doing.

So now, Spring is here, garden needs to be worked in, I have sold all of my little paintings and I have no time to paint more:lol::lol: :lol: I wish I had done it in winter when I had all the time in the world.

((((((((((((((Anita)))))))))))))

Ellen, I bet you can't wait to try your lovely gown on!!! I hope Max gets better quickly!!

Geoff, Terry, Doug, enjoy your day with golf, bowls and laundry:)

:wave: to Lynn, quite the challenge, but you can do it!!!

:wave: Uschi

olliewood0702
05-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Hello everyone,

I had a dull headache all day yesterday. It just wouldn't go away. :confused: It felt like my sinus/allergies. I had pressure in my cheeks and eyes...sneezing, funny nose, watery and itchy eyes. I stayed up way too late watching the Detroit Redwings beat the Anahiem Ducks in overtime and went to bed with the same said heacache.:rolleyes: And I didn't sleep very well because I still had the headache all night...tossed and turned. Awoke feeling awful. I have a stomach ache, headache, sinus pressure, and I'm tired. I'm just a mess today.:( I want to go home and sleep.

I'm hoping that as the day wears on that I'll start feeling better. I'm even a bit nauseous. I wish I had some crackers in my desk. My morning coffee isn't doing much for me this morning. BLAH.....

It's another beautifully sunny morning. Nice and mild with a cerulean blue sky. The gorgeous flowering plum trees in front of my workplace are all in bloom. I think with everything blooming people with allergies are miserable...hence my feeling awful.

I'm SORRY I'm complaining so much this morning. At least the sun is shining for another couple of days anyway, then rain for Friday and Saturday and dry but much cooler on Sunday.,...Mothers Day.

It's exactly three weeks from today that we leave!:thumbsup:

Geoff, kewpie doll for you, you are safe again today.

Hi Terry, will we have another bowler here? Getting involved is always good.

Doug, there is ALWAYS the washing/laundry to do hey?

Uschi, painting small is good;they seem to sell quickly.

Char, have a great day!

Lynn, they know who sews the best; but that makes you more likely to be depended on to make the outfits.

(((ANITA))) you poor thing; you have a HUGE heart. I've wanted to run away at times too.

Aww Ellen...((((MAX)))

It sounds like you all have busy days planned and have chores that need done. I hope everyone's day is a fabulous one and that you accomplish all you set out to do.

Have a GREAT ONE!:wave: :heart:

shipbroker
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Char.....do you work on more than one painting at a time?

I go for months without touching a brush then start on a couple of paintings at same time......in my 'early days' say 25 years ago I would do four or five small watercolours in an evening, but then they were straight onto paper without any lines drawn at all........looked better for it too.
Currently I am working on one large and one small acrylic of almost identical industrial scene.....these were to be birthday presents for a couple of friends, but now believe a local watercolour better suits one of their homes.
So...am about to start that now!

geoff

NancyR
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Good morning to everyone. Weather is beautiful, flowers have survived the weekly cold snaps, so life is good. Sciatica still acting up, so back to Chiropractor this afternoon. The only thing keeping me going are those stick and peel heating pads.

Anita, I can understand why you want to run away fom home. Bless you for taking care of your step-mother. :thumbsup:

Darla, Take care of yourself! The time will fly by over the next few weeks, and you will be having a wonderful time.

Welcome to the new and returning members!:wave:

Need to get back to work. White light to all in need.

JudyL
05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi :wave:
Kids have come and gone on their way biking to school. We will have them again tonite, as "Late Start Wednesday" is back on after the STAR testing is done. This means I have to decide what to feed them.
I am working on another pair of shoes for DD, fun in progress.

We heard of the 3 women who were held captive for 10 years by 3 [email protected]%$#! brothers, more to come but as they used to say "hanging is too good for them!"

We had a huge rainstorm last night much needed.

More later

Oh Darla I don't think your nose is funny! it's a nice nose :lol:

villagernb
05-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Good afternoon, Geoff, Doug, Anita, Terry, Ellen, Char, Lynn, Uschi, Darla and Nancy!

I was out bright and early this morning (6:30 am) to drive into the city for a hospital appointment (routine tests). When I left home, the fog was as thick as pea soup. In the bottom of the valley, the sun was trying to burn through the fog. By the time I was halfway into Dieppe on the main road, the sun was shining brightly and the sky was blue. Downtown it was a glorious spring day, warm and bright with robins singing in every tree. Back home now to be greeted by the same relentless, chilly wind we've been enduring for the last three days! We'll have a break from the sun and wind on Thursday, however--five days of cloud and rain are in our forecast. We need the rain--many areas of the Maritimes are starting to have serious grass fires.

Geoff, have fun painting.

Doug, thank you for posting your lovely trip photos.

Anita, I don't blame you for wanting to escape. I have spent the past several years with ill family members and nothing is more stressful!

Hello, Terry. What area in Canada did you run away from?

Ellen, I know what fun finding a dress for your son's wedding is like! The one I chose was approved by the bride yesterday. What a relief!

Char, have a lovely day.

Lynn, I think we'll have a great time in Vancouver; the wedding and reception will be held in the Museum of Vancouver.

Uschi, here in the Maritimes when the children are left with large quantities of their parents' possessions after they are gone, they hire an auction house and sell everything in one day! sometimes even the house and car.

Darla, you are SO going to enjoy your vacation! And you deserve it!

Nice to meet you, Nancy. I admire your zentangles.

Time for my walk in the wind.

Anne

Lulu
05-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Darla, it wasn't that long ago that I was counting down the months then weeks then days.....in three days time we will be winging our way back to New Zealand with a lot of fabulous memories and photos, a full 'hug bank' to make withdrawals from and more than a tear or two....

Another great day, NZ lamb chops for supper and we are now ready to turn out the light for the night. :wave:

ReggieS
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Afternooon all!:wave: It is another gorgeous day here in the green mountains of Vermont! I have been doing a lot of reading and researching this am, preparing for work. I FINALLY START work on Friday!!!!:clap: :clap: My boss called this am and there is a meeting a group of supervisors etc. on Friday at headquarters in WAterbury (Upstate about 1 1/2hrs away). They want me to come and then Monday I will start at the prison and learn the EMR (Electronic Medical REcord aka Computer system) and other system items for a few days. It took 2 1/2 months due to the licensing process and company credentialling but now I am officially medical staff!! YAY!! i am so excited to see patinets again and also to get a paycheck again!!

I am getting ready to go to Rutland to the cleaners and pick up my alterations and then to Staples and to Tractor supply to get bird seed. Will also pick up something for dinner at Hannaford's.

Doug-going away on a vacation is always so nice but there are always clothes to wash when you get home! Ugh!

Darla- It sounds like you have a sinus infection! You should see your doctor. You can also use a netipot if you have one. That will help. Also, take an antihistamine like over the counter Allegra or Claritin. This is a bad allergy season with lots of pollen. Hope yoy feel much better by the time you get home tonight! The 3 weeks til your trip will fly by so quickly. Dream of that!

Geoff- I had a good night's sleep last night too for the first time in a couple of weeks. Waht a difference in the way I feel. HOpe you had a great day!!!

Char- you are sure a busy lady!!

Lynn- waht would they do without you sewing for everyone?! You are so talented!

Anne- welcome to the wash! We have lots of fun here! It is a great group of folks!

Judy- Have fun with the kids!

Terry- enjoy the bowls!

Nancy- hope your sciatica gets better soon!

Uschi- your lunch sounded so good!! Wish I were there!

Ellen- hope you get your gouwn soon! Sounds like you sure have a lot to do today!

Anita - you certainly are a good stepdaughter!

Welll off to Rutland! Everyone have a great afternoon and eve!

til later!

Reggie

tstimpson
05-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi Anne, I left an area just north of Toronto (Zephyr) to return to sunny Devon!