PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Palettes

Saint Ragdoll
05-06-2013, 05:45 PM
There is a seller on Ebay UK called lellyp who has 5 of the Spanish Palettes.
The seller will sell to folks outside the UK. I bought 2 Spanish Palettes from this seller and can recommend him. This will be the last palettes he will have for a while.
This is an easier way to buy these palettes than ordering them from the spanish art supply website!!!
I am not associated with this seller except having bought from him but so many people have said they wanted these palettes I thought I would share this news with my fellow artists...

Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

D'Lady
05-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Wow! Those are nice! Sadly, I have no money, but I'll admire them from afar. :)

jmb57
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
would you have a link?

Saint Ragdoll
05-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I have trouble with posting links as I am using an Ipad. Go to Ebay UK, by typing Ebay UK into a Google search, then when you are at ebay UK home page look at the top of the page on the right, beside the blue Search button it will say advanced, click on that and when it takes you to the advanced search page click on seller and type in the sellers name lellyp, then click the blue search button, it will take you to all lellyp auctions, you will be able to scroll and see the white Spanish palettes. As of now he has 2 left.
Good luck!!
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

olliewood0702
05-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the link to the info on these palettes.

Neeman
05-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Teresa

Looked at the price

It is not competative to the Hobein palettes of known very high quality from a known online store with great return policies with cheaper shipping

Yes I know it is a different design from the Holbeins
If it was less expensive I would try it...

Irishman
05-08-2013, 05:15 AM
I think that from many previous discussions on these palettes, the difficulty for residents of areas other than those in Europe,seems to be the cost of carriage.Not living in U.S./Canada I don't know the costs were but maybe 40 all in is not a bad price if you want one.I paid 15 for the palette and 15 for delivery to Ireland which although signed for was pricey but in the big picture, it was delivered safely and I thought that 30 was a good deal.
Jacksons Art specifically mentions in their description of Holbein palettes that there may be imperfections in the welding and enamelling and if you are happy to live with these imperfections ,that they are fine.i.e buyer beware

jmb57
05-08-2013, 05:37 AM
thanks for the link, was just curious

Neeman
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
my Holbeins are superb after many years of hard outdoor use

How has these Spanish palettes held up?

Tred
05-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Neeman,
I have 2 Spaniards (sold one) and 2 rarely used Holbein's. One cannot compare the Spanish palette with the Holbein.
Holbein's are strictly right handed palettes where as a thumb ring is incorporated into the Spanish palettes and can be held in either hand. It also has the largest wells of any metal box palette.
The only thumb hole watercolour box available in a left handed version is the Craig Young Palette box which is the modern version of the Binning Monro box originally made for Winsor and Newton.
My Spaniard has been in constant use for 18 months and shows no sign of wear.
Cheers
Tred

Neeman
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Tred,

Thanks for the info.

The Herring Dorchester with the included water container
Look for it on Jackson Art
I suppose it is meant to be right handed, but it is very un balanced because of the weight of the water
I have cut another hole to make the water container sit on my arm

BUT
If you use it left handed it will be perfect
The manufactured thumb hole will mean the weight of the water lays on your arm and will be wonderfully balanced
I would recommend looking at it