PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 3rd May 2013**

shipbroker
05-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Morning all

Searches for blue ears.....

Birds noisy again but going to try fir someore sleep.

geoff

doppler
05-03-2013, 04:40 AM
Thay are truly yours Geoff. :lol: You've trumped your self with two openings.

Good day today. Vacuumed, washed, dusted and all before 9am. Then a bit of reading. If anyone is short of a giggle, Andrea Frazers Inspector Falconer series is a delight.

Got my hair cut as I was resembling Cousin It. Did the shopping. Go home and Roger had done some aboveboard tidying :thumbsup: Like putting stuff away. All good. We will be back to chaos tomorrow.

Then another quite impressive bonfire. We have nearly got of rid of the detritus that had landed on the drive from across the road. I let Roger be first fireman this time. No squabbles. As much.

Uschii, dead right about the teary thing but I am glad Ruby is home. After all that rubbish she should be good for a long time. BTW central computer chip thingy, after a rear oil seal leak thingy. So she has had a heart transplant as well as a colonoscopy.

BBL

Ellen in Ont
05-03-2013, 05:40 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is below freezing this morning but the last time this week it is forecast to be. We went from nearly record lows to predicted nearly record highs in a few days. :rolleyes: Pretty typical for up here. We could still get a blizzard so I'm just enjoying the nice weather as we get it.

Today is jam packed with things I have to do, places I have to be, people I have to meet, all at certain times. Right now though I'm taking a few minutes for coffee with my cat curled up with me on a comfy chair. I have an hour before I have to be out the door.

I'll keep this short as I have emails I have to answer and on-line banking to do. Have a great start to the weekend everyone.

laudesan
05-03-2013, 06:39 AM
:wave:

Been off-colour last two days.

love and hugs....

ollieowl
05-03-2013, 07:00 AM
hi all

:wave:

Been off-colour last two days.

love and hugs....

Me the same but since Christmas Bleeding ulcer Yvonne finally won been to quack got pills

I was not sure which wash to join :D

love 2 all

CharM
05-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Good Morning! I's another sunny, warm Spring Day in SW Ontario... the tree buds have literally exploded and the beautiful early greens are such a joy.

Kudos to EUís move to partially ban bee-killing pesticides! We Canadians are not so environmentally responsible...

I have no specific plans for this gorgeous day... a little gardening... a little painting... a little reading on the sun drenched porch... a little tidying if the other stuff doesn't pan out (not likely to be happening).

Two starts to the Wash today, Geoff... just a little stutter... :)

Wow... Energetic, thy name is Annie! :)

Ellen, Thunder Bay is expecting freezing rain and possible snow showers today... but, enjoy the Spring weather while you can!

((JJ)) Sorry that you're under the weather...

((Peter)) Your wife is a wise woman.

:wave: All yet to come. I hope that everyone enjoys a happy and creative day!

Uschi
05-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Good Morning!!

Sunny again and going up to 23C:thumbsup:

The last few days of warm temperature brought everything to life. My Forsythia bush is blooming, trees are budding and the dandilions are in bloom, all about a week or two early.

A robin is busy building her nest in my Mulberry tree so I quickly pruned the hydrangea bushes around it because once she is sitting in her nest she'll have a nervous breakdown if I mess around so close by.

I am not sure yet if I'll go to table tennis today because Dorothy and I are playing in some fun competition tomorrow.

Annie,I am very happy to say that my car is old enough (15yrs) not to have any computer chips, they are worrysome. Glad Ruby has survived her ordeal:)

JJ, sorry you are not feeling well, take good care of yourself!!!

Hi Ellen, Peter and Geoff!!

Henry, I too am thinking of you and Leslie and am sending very, very good wishes!!

:wave: Uschi

olliewood0702
05-03-2013, 08:32 AM
There are two washes for Friday, May 3rd.:confused:

I'll join this one seeing as everyone is posting here.

It's sunny and mild out this morning. A gorgeous Spring morning. More of the same for us tomorrow. Last evening around 7pm it was 77 here and in Nashville it was 75! We were warmer.

TGIF for me here. I'm glad the weekend is here and guess what? Tomorrow I'm painting ALL DAY...no plans other than spiffying up the house in the morning. Larry has to work from 7-3 so that'll give me playing time with my brushes.:smug: I have some new clothes to wash and get ready to pack too.

I read on Facebook where LuLu is having a WONDERFULLY FULFILLING vacation with her family.:thumbsup:

Annie, I too got my haircut yesterday. Poor Ruby having to have a heart transplant AND a colonoscopy. I hope the sedation was good.:lol:

Brian has posted his TP ADVENTURES in the Palette Forum. What a fun adventure to view.:clap:

Char, your day sounds positively luxurious.:envy:

Uschi, don't you just LOVE Spring? With all the new life bursting forth.

Peter I'm glad you went to the doctor for some meds.

Geoff, did you start two washes for Friday?:lol:

Thinking of (((HENRY & LESLEY))) (((JJ))) (((PETER))) and (((WINNIE))) and anyone else in need ((())):heart:

I hope Doug is enjoying himself (Ruth too) on their vacation.

EVERYONE have a GREAT FRIDAY!:wave: :grouphug:

Flattwo
05-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi to All

A busy last few days for me, Lesley was admitted to hospital 3 days ago and is receiving blood transfusions oxygen and anti biotics for an lung infection, she is a bit confused.
Her family is arrived from London last night and will be visiting her this afternoon and over the weekend, so hectic days ahead!

Thanks Uschi and everyone else for your thoughts

Annie, your Cousin It comment made me smile, you do have a wonderful dry sense of humour

I'm still painting late into the evening, keeps me reasonably sane!

Speak Later

Henry

Strawberry Wine
05-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Good Day Washers

Sunny and warming again this morning. I have been able to leave my tropical plants that live inside all winter outside under the Gazebo for the last 3 nights. The night temps have been no lower than 10 C. I am sure that I will have to bring them in a few more times before they are permanently out for the summer.

Char and Uschi, how are your tropicals ?

Uschi, are you travelling to another city for the competition tomorrow ? Good Luck to you and Dorothy

Peter, the medication for ulcers works quickly but make sure you take it for the prescribed amount of time. Christmas :eek: , why the heck did you wait so long?

Ellen, hoping that you do not receive any further snow.

JJ, sorry you are not feeling up to par.

Annie, retirement is agreeing with Roger or he is so bored he feels the need to do housework/ ;) Which ever, enjoy it.

Time to get a move on.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

LynnM
05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
:wave: Sun again here, lovely looking day! A bunch of early birds here today :) Grocery day here, have to clear the fridge before I go.

:grouphug: Henry and Lesley :grouphug: I'm enjoying your paintings in the gallery, Henry :heart:

Thanks for the comments, everyone, about the costume. Yes, Sylvia, very thankful I don't have to dress like that every day. The costume I showed has 3 sets of drawstrings, have to keep them untangled and in the right holes, there was a reason fashionalble women had maids! Mind you, the Regency period had clothing for women that was much more comfortable than the eras both before and after.......straight-laced Victorians in particular!

:lol: Caryl and Judy, packing the garbage! potted plants! Interesting lives you folks lead.

Yes, Char, isn't it great to see the trees bursting forth....the maples are a green haze with flower buds here.

I've had my 3 yr old geranium out on the balcony for 3 nights now, Gail, but I guess we have to watch the temps. We are so glad to finally have warmth we mustn't take it for granted!

Uschi, kind of you to watch out for your robin. She may be more resistant than you know....my DIL has one nesting in their mailbox, right by the front door where they all come and go. I guess she knows it is safe from predators, and sheltered from the rain. She just watches them as they go by, and they are all loving watching the babies appear. This is what they saw yesterday!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2013/97813-Robins_nest.jpg

Happy painting, Darla! Re Ruby, I expect the one needing sedation was Annie!!!

Hi Annie!

((((Peter)))) ((((JJ))))

Time to go, hope you all have a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

JudyL
05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Re: birds, none nesting that I can see, but there is one #@%&* bird that has been doing the Hallelujah chorus every morning about 5 am, if I could find him, I would encourage him to go elsewhere :mad:

No kids today Dad is staying home as they are getting the new refrigerator, as the old one expired.

Supposed to be in the 90's today, might have a swim. As I am a member of WW I got the Active Link, that measures how active you are, and after awhile, encourages you to be more active, this is day 2, you wear it for 8 days then it starts nagging you. You can wear it in the shower, although I don't know how and really I'm not that active in the shower any way.

Scene Chaser
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Good Day All,

An Oriel is loudly calling for someone near my door and I saw a hummingbird at the feeder while at sat on the deck. Must get oranges.

The Gold Finch do light up the ground beneath the feeder.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2013/83119-Finches.JPG

Going to a 40th. reunion of school employees tonight. First will visit friends for an early dinner. I'll take steaks and potato salad.

We'll be staying the night at a hotel and then shop tomorrow. I got lots to do.

Bill

olliewood0702
05-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I just realized that one month from today Larry and I will be buzzing from London (by high speed rail) to Paris! I'm so excited; can you tell?

Lynn, aww those baby birdys are so sweet; I have to laugh out loud at how they open SO wide waiting for Mom to feed them. That robin must feel un-threatened there or she wouldn't have made the next there. I forgot to tell you how lovely you looked in that dress; and the ringlets were beautiful too! I'm sure glad we don't have all those drawstrings now-a-days. ;)

Judy, lucky you going for a nice swim; I think you'll definitely need it if it hits 90F! Oh come on we know you are active in the shower dancing and singing; when no ones looking and listening. :D We have a whole chorus of birds that start singing at 4am but they don't really bother me.

Bill, my baltimore orioles have arrived. We've not seen them yet but heard them; and the oranges are disappearing so they are eating them. Haven't yet seen any hummers though. Nice pic of the gold finches; we have them too.

Gail, I hope we don't get anymore frost here but it is very likely so those tender plants will have to be brought in at night here too.

Now, more coffee and back to my data entry...

Yorky
05-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi folks, hsd a chance to check in from the hotel foyer. Haven't caught up with the news, but must send best wishes to Henry's Lesley, hope they can get a grip on her lung infection and start further treatment.

Had lovely weather so far, a fantastic day at Covelly yesterday and a sea cruise along the coast today. Tomorrow we go to Exmoor and Dunster, retuning via Minhead and Lynmouth.

Sadly we return home on Sunday.

Bye for now,

Doug

shipbroker
05-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Afternoon all.

Henry & Lesley(((((((((((()))))))))))))))

Doug glad weather good your end, blowing a hooley up here!
Been to Wray this afternoon to annual scarecrow festival, over 200 exhibits over a long village Will post some pictures next week.

geoff

LynnM
05-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks, Darla, wigs can certainly change a person!

Doug, when I was in that area I went up to Dunkery Beacon, or at least to the road below, lovely views down to Minehead and the sea from there. I guess you have to go where the tour goes....sounds like you are having a good time!

I love the goldfinches too, Bill, they were the most frequent visitors when I lived in farmland near an 8 acre wood. Sometimes an indigo bunting joined them. But it was the wood ducks nesting in that wood that really caught my attention, so strange to see them up in the trees.

Uschi
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Well, I thought I'd better inform Mrs. and Mr. Robin what they are in for if they decide to stay and keep building the nest. The grass needed cutting.

So I did what I absolutely dreaded to do, put oil and gasoline into the lawn mower and hoped and prayed that the darn thing would start. I don't know why they make the pulling cord so darn long, makes it very hard, for me anyway. It started, sputtered and stopped:crying: :crying: :eek: :eek: With my heart in my stomach I tried again and lo and behold it started and stayed running. I need a man:lol: :lol: :lol:

:grouphug: Henry and Leslie:grouphug:

Bill, those birdies are daring with Ms. Feral around:eek: Enjoy your visit with your friends.

Doug, so glad you are having such a good time!!

Gail, I kept the bouganvillia (sp?) in my cool and darkish spare bedroom, barely watered it and it and it looked deader than dead. Brought it down and outside a few days ago, watered it and we will see if in the depth of its soul it is still alive.
The tournament is open to all competitors in Ontario and is being held in Kitchener, but at a different place from yesterday. I am not sure what will happen because, once again, we signed up for the over 55 year old ladies and I really don't know if any other's signed up. We might have to play a younger crowd again. Really I don't care, I just enjoy playing in tournaments.

Judy, you are going to get lots and lots of use out of that pool this year:thumbsup:

Lynn, I don't think my robins are quite that daring - cute!!!!

[QUOTE]Kudos to EUís move to partially ban bee-killing pesticides! We Canadians are not so environmentally responsible...[QUOTE]

Char, I don't quite agree with you, they are responsible now, after they killed all their bees off. Better late than never, hope we follow!!! So you are starting to get eggs, WOOHOO!!!! I too enjoy the crowing but maybe it was a bit early for the neighbours:D The way I sleep I would sleep right through it.

Darla, I am happy for you!!

Time for lunch and maybe I'll go table tennis for just a short time.

cloudchaser
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

Sorry Geoff !,
I didn't reply to your query as to where I live (near Ely?--No.) I live about 10 miles from Wisbech (Cambs) ,the capital of the Fens. Ely is about a 40 minute drive from home. I am surrounded by farm land, and BIG skies!
Tony

ReggieS
05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
:wave: :wave: Gorgeous day, 65 and clear skies! A quick stop in to say hi! BEen busy all week filling out paper work, had a preemployment drug screen, calls to the main office of the company I'm going to be working for etc. In between this I manged to refinance my car loan. Dropped my payment by $90!! I have been doing more paper work all morning. Now off to run errands and go grocery shopping.

Bill- love your goldfinches! We have a lot also!

Darla- you must be getting soooo excited about your trip! I know , I was so excited last summer before we went to Italy! I am so happy for you!

(((Hugs))) to Peter, Henry, Leslie and Winnie!

Lynn- such adorable baby robins!!!

Gotta run! til later!

Reggie

JudyL
05-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Darla, our shower is too small for dancing, besides I'd probably hurt myself, and how embarassing that would be:eek:

Those robins reminded me of a bird I saw on the telly in the UK a
"Night Jar"(?) A bird that hides in the grass and opens his beak really REALLY wide, so he looks like a snake, nature is odd.

Uschi, :lol: you need a man? made me laugh. When we were in Campbell, we had a bouganvillia (I spell checked) that froze and we really worried about it, it came back beautifully, I would get annoyed with Jack every year about that thing, he would prune the heck out of the thing and it would only give us 1 (one!) blossom, my neice drove up once and said "what do you do? GLUe that on there?" Oh and yes, in Sacramento, this pool will get well used!

Jack is down, so mustache.

TTFN

Uschi
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM
GORGEOUS day!!!!

I went and played but only 1 hour, don't want to wear myself out for tomorrow:)

In the morning the Robin was flying back and forth every two minutes, since I have done the loud lawn mowing I haven't seen any sign of it. Will see what happens, if it scared them away, so be it, I am not staying out of my garden for a month to please them.

Did I mention, it's SPRING!!!! My Forsythia:heart: :heart:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2013/10602-Forsythia2013.jpg

Gosh Reggie, I thought you'd be working by now. Enjoy your time off.

Going for a little bike ride.

shipbroker
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Tony,
Know your parish well, may be around there in Summer again.....If I mention Turners/Knowles/bretts etc you will know why I know the area well. ...all history now I am retired(for the third time).....

Over period July-September I will be in or around Southwold/Spalding/Comberton/Muckleborough all of which encircle you so maybe a chance for a brief encounter?

geoff

CharM
05-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi There! Glorious day here... lots of this and that for me... working on the chicken run's final touches for Ted.

I've baked a couple loaves of bread... worked on my Arctic fox painting, shovelled up these filthy floors, and made a nice lunch that we enjoyed out on the deck in the warm sunshine.

Ted brought out the picnic table's umbrella... and when he went out back and I took our lunch dishes inside, the wind grabbed said umbrella and wafted it up onto the second storey balcony! :lol: Luckily, it wasn't damaged and Ted has secured it tightly.

Henry, I'm sorry to read that ((Lesley)) has suffered a setback like this... my prayers and best wishes are with you...

Bill, I love that little flock of goldfinches! How joyful!

Awh... sweet (and homely as hedge fences) and hungry little babies, Lynn!

Gail, I just thought about bringing mine upstairs. :crossfingers:

Uschi, our forsythia is nearly done... the peony trees are budding heavily and I can't wait to see them! And the spirea should be blooming soon, too... Such a wonderful time of year! Good luck tomorrow! :crossfingers:

Dinner's in the oven... a wink and a nudge to Chicken Florentine... time to set the table... have a great evening/morning!

cloudchaser
05-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Geoff, those names you mentioned, I see their lorries quite often,usually passing me as I cycle to work across the flatlands. Love Southwold, great Amber museum there.
Tony.