PDA

View Full Version : Another Flower Painting - Pointsettias

CaryLetsche
05-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi gang! I thought I would show off one of my watercolor painings.

This is one of my first attempts at florals. It is called "Pointsettias", and is watercolor (11 x 14) on paper. It is a couple of years old. So now you have seen 2 acrylic and 1 watercolor. That's enough for now.

Antiqueteacher
05-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Carl, we never tire of seeing your work!! This is so festive. . .really must be cheery at Christmas time!!

Katherine

CaryLetsche
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Katherine, Yes I did do it around Christmas time. I'm afraid that I even though I have a lot more paintings, that is about it for now in the way of florals. I do have two more paintings sketched out, but have not started painting them yet. Last year I did not paint at all during the summer in Wisconsin because I live right on a beautiful lake. I am taking my acrylics and watercolor paints with me, so I'm hoping I may do some painting this summer. If so, you will be seeing more florals from me. They seem to sell very well here in Florida.

Etoiledusoir
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
You did a lovely watercolor with beautiful colors! Hope to see more and more so beautiful paintings from you!

CaryLetsche
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Thank you Agnes. You are very kind.

CaryLetsche
05-03-2013, 12:28 AM
You did a lovely watercolor with beautiful colors! Hope to see more and more so beautiful paintings from you!

Agnes, have you seen the other two paintings in the "Newbie to WC" post? You'll see what I mean about "tight".

Etoiledusoir
05-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Yes, I have seen your other paintings, they're very well done. I can understand what you said, but I will always enjoy seeing other pieces like them!

Vivien Maloney
05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Beautiful Pointsettias very well rendered in watercolor!
I do hope we get to see more of your flower paintings here.

If you are interested we did Pointsettias as the Plant Parade theme in December last year. If you would like to check it out you will find it in the "Index of past Plant Parades" - a sticky at the top of the Forum Page.

CaryLetsche
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you Vivien. You are very kind. When I get a chance I hope to look at a lot of the arcived painting images. I am getting ready to leave Florida for our Wisconsin home right now. Tomorrow morning to be exact. It may be a few days before I get to check in again.

Thanks to everyone!

Charlie's Mum
05-08-2013, 01:06 PM
A very pretty and delicate painting Cary.
The summer home/setting sounds idyllic!

CaryLetsche
05-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Thank you Maureen. I seemed to paint much looser in watercolors than I do in acrylics. I'm working on it. It is idyllic if you like woods and lakes! Ha! I love both.

KreativeK
05-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Cary, welcome to WC and to this forum. Your poinsettias are stunning! Love that species and you did it justice!

CaryLetsche
05-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Thank you Kay, it's a pleasure to be here. It looks like I am with wonderful company.

Lea51
05-14-2013, 10:41 AM
These are beautiful. I love the bright colors in the flowers, and the pale, dappled background. Lovely!

CaryLetsche
05-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks Lea. The dappled area was done with the salt technique. I appreciate your kind comments.