PDA

View Full Version : Three Roses

chuas2
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Approximately 9 1/2 x 14", light grey PastelMat. Schmincke, Sennelier, Girault, and Ludwig pastels.

My first finished painting in almost a year, so maybe gentle C&C?

Thanks all for the encouragement!
Kris
:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/208492-Three-Roses-v3.gif

water girl
04-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Happy to see you back! You are back in the dust and finally painting those roses. The leaves are outstanding, folding and turning as they do. I would love to see the peach rose done as a stand alone, full rose. There is such a beautiful glow to it.

chuas2
04-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you Karen. I felt SO rusty doing this :(

I did take a lot of pictures of my roses this year tho, in hopes that I'd get motivated to go dusty again!
Kris

allydoodle
04-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah Kris, you're painting again :clap: ! Happy to see your work here, I missed it. Beautiful roses, I agree with Karen, that peach one absolutely glows! More, more please! Don't stop now, once you've plunged back in you need to stay focused :eek: and keep it rolling!

Joyful_Artwork
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
just beautiful

Turpintine45
04-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Good for you Kris, there is nothing rusty about those beautiful roses. Keep them cming!

chuas2
04-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks so much, Lori, Chris and Jen.

Yeah, really rusty and zero confidence, but I'll just try to stay focused and keep 'em coming.

Many, many thanks for the words of encouragement!!
:grouphug:

pastel65
04-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Beautiful. Pam:clap:

pastel lover
04-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Hi Kris,

Gorgeous work. Love the peach one & the composition just leads you right in. Great to see you work again.

Tanja

Ditte3333
05-01-2013, 01:19 AM
beautiful as always!

twiglet
05-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Kris this is a beautiful painting. Although I agree that the peach rose glows my favouite is the lilac, tis a favourite colour of mine and I love how you've got it looking so delicate. More more more (said in a cheer leaders chant) :)

Colourist52
05-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Beautiful Kris, would love to see more! Your garden must be glorious with all these lovely roses.

chuas2
05-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Maybe it's my age, but I still marvel at how you can take a photo of your work and people can instantly see it from Australia to Amsterdam to New Jersey.

Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words Pam, Tanja, Ditte, Lynn and Julie. I hope to get the creakiness (sound of oil can like the Tin Woodsman had) out soon!
Kris

mollerman
05-01-2013, 12:22 PM
It is always interesting to see what direction you may be going in from subject to subject. I think this looks great! I am so impressed with how you made your leaves... something I struggle with! Everything looks super duper to me!

Judi1957
05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Beautiful painting! The color transitions are great!

sketchZ1ol
05-01-2013, 02:53 PM
hello
silly wabbitt - there's no such thing as a finished painting ! ...
only enough that time and energy will allow you to settle for .
... until that ' teaser ' hits your eyes/brain again - likely all too soon :rolleyes: :D

that said ,
to my eye ( and screen ) , the purple rose is cold ;
the shape/object relates to the foreground
and the temp relates to the b/g .......
maybe it's that the shape is more ' complete ' compared to the f/g ,
and at the same time , holds attention to that area of the painting .
> if there is text to the left in the open/dark area that relates to a subject/story/presentation ,
that's understandable ...

a black outline+high-key lettering core ( crisp ) could walk across the page ...

well , my two cents . :)

Ed

LoreneT
05-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh lovely! I particularly love the peach rose!

chuas2
05-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Judi, Marcus, Lorene, thank you, much appreciated.

Ed, I don't understand
if there is text to the left in the open/dark area that relates to a subject/story/presentation , that's understandable ...
a black outline+high-key lettering core ( crisp ) could walk across the page ..

But I'm always interested in your very astute observations. Could you elaborate? Pretend you're talking to a six year old (my level of comprehension these days).
Kris

Dcam
05-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Kris: This is just wonderful. Composition, color....everything.
Derek:thumbsup:

sketchZ1ol
05-01-2013, 11:22 PM
hello
sorry i wasn't more clear .
a book jacket/dust cover came to mind .
if the painting were flipped , not rotated ,
the title would go above the pink/red rose ,
the blue(ish) rose would be on the back cover -
a somewhat different mood , or subtext ...

just a thought ... :)

Ed

artistat38
05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Kris...that's gorgeous....you are absolutely amazing at painting flowers...the colours are just too pretty...are the flowers from your backyard?....

Prashanti

chuas2
05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Ah, thanks Ed interesting concept and I can see it! I've always been intrigued by the thought of illustration for book covers...

Thanks Derek, not one of my better I know, but very kind words, thank you!

Hi Prashanti, thanks so much! Yup, from my yard. I'm about to shoot you an email, I'll attach a couple photos maybe to paint from [hint hint]!
Kris