PDA

View Full Version : 2 more things

frujin
04-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Hello, I was in Venice last year and I can't forget this experience. It is awesome place! I tried this 40x30 cm. acrylic on canvas. It took me like 30-50 minutes. Please, give some harsh critiques.

The more I paint recently,m the more I am annoyed by the naive look of everything I do :( ... There must be some way to avoid that ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/1020452-ven1024w.jpg

... and also I painted this forest, same size and medium as the above. . Again, very naive feel ... why???

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/1020452-forest1024w.jpg

maryinasia
04-30-2013, 06:13 AM
beautiful! you might want to straighten the eyes

sophie77
04-30-2013, 03:50 PM
The first one doesn't look naive to me... It's bold. I like the colors and the brushstrokes. If it were mine, I probably would play some more with the whites of the masks to model them more...

docsaro
05-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Wonderful work indeed.. Especially the second one...

Saravanan.

dgford
05-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Number 2 is magnificent.
In the first , there is such energetic working of the paints (which I love) that it would appear you became too exhausted to get onto the faces ! Their white starkness holds the eye for far too long and having just the lips doesn't seem to work for me. But that is purely my personal reaction.

Geoff

friesin
05-05-2013, 06:06 AM
I like the boldness your paintings show, and I cannot see anything naive in them.
Keep on painting, you're on a very way good way :thumbsup:

abstractca
05-05-2013, 12:27 PM
wonderful work, really like the picture of two...beautiful

Black Spot
05-05-2013, 07:06 PM
On the trees the background ones are the same value as the shadows at the front. If you want to show depth, you need to consider the saturation of your palette. You could darken the trunks a lot more to create a more dramatic effect.

frujin
05-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Thank you for your feedback guys. I is very helpful for me.

La_
05-07-2013, 01:33 PM
working quickly can give a work a great spontaneity, a freedom, a wonderful looseness
however, there is always opportunity to go back in with a few well chosen, careful strokes to refine it and get it past this 'naive' look you speak of.

the bold pair are gorgeous - but - what if the beads, for example, were ever so slightly more refined ... what if the nose, for example, had a gentle shadow under it to show it's placement - i think it's little bits of accuracy that can refine the chaos just enough to prove you know what your doing.

the tree scene, same thing, touches of refinement - what's the coi? you have wonderful detail on the ground ... that kind of wonderful detail pulls me to think the ground is what was most important to you ... really? surely that's not your intent ...

la

frujin
05-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks La ... as always ... very good points ... I will try to rework these and re post in this thread ...