PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Tuesday 30th April 2013 **

shipbroker
04-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Morning all,

More birds here than in a Hitchcock film!!

Wind dropped but still cool.

No plans as yet.

geoff

ollieowl
04-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Hi Geoff

Hello folks I've finally deleted my facebook acount that been driving me Bonkers as some been trying to hack into it :clap::clap:

Geoff which type of Birds is it :D:Dthe feather or not type:lol:
hope all here are well

HAWLTAIN :heart:2 all else

Yorky
04-30-2013, 02:34 AM
Good morning Geoff, Peter.

A fine morning so far but lots of low, wet looking clouds around. 7C.

Ruth's physio and my new hearing aids appointment this morning then bowls this afternoon if it stays fine and packing for our holiday tomorrow. Must remember to book a taxi to take us to the pick-up in Ormskirk. We'll be back Sunday afternoon.

Sadly my new tablet developed a wi-fi fault after 2 hours. I reckon the wi-fi chip is overheating. After a short period it starts to work again. However it will have to be returned for a refund or exchange.

Doug

FLNH
04-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Life happens. I have been reading the Wash in spurts as the last two weeks have been both hectic and disorienting. No painting, which adds to the turbulence.

We loved our trip to Reykjavik. Lovely,walkable small city. We took the usual tourist day trips in the surrounding countryside. Geologically and historically interesting. Of course, lots of photos, will upload some when I am not on the iPad. Weather ranged from sunny through snow, the 50 mph wind and rain. We were prepared for this so no real problem.

After Iceland, we had planned to spend some time in New York. Unfortunately, my 96 yo father was hospitalized and we had to return to Florida. He died a few days after our return. He had a long, healthy, productive life and a short, relatively painless death. Although his recent memory had been a problem for several years, he retained his higher mental functions. I am an only child so there is much I had to do and will need to do. The funeral was this past Sunday and many in our small and geographically scattered family were able to attend. Despite his age, I will miss him. At almost 70, it is strange to think of myself as an orphan.

We are also soon to return to the Lake in New Hampshire. As much as we love that, it is a lot of work for my wife and me.

It's 4:30 am here and the flocks of parrots will be awake soon with me. No gentle birdsong...just raucous cacophony. Hopefully will BBL with some uploads.

HAWLTAIN.

doppler
04-30-2013, 04:57 AM
Good evening.

Karl, I'm not quite an orphan yet as mum still struggles on and I have brothers and sisters but SO well do I understand your sentiments. There is a huge gap.((((()))))

Glad Iceland was wonderful.

Raucous cacophony of life :thumbsup: What sort of parrots?

Geoff, keep you hands off Peters birds :lol:

Doug :wave:

No Ruby Tuesday today. Grumbling I am wondering if they have dropped my car or something? But I still am empowered with the sign written loan slug .... And NO Uschii!!!! I will not like it .... even if its rather nice in the lowlands... apart from the sign writing which is frankly embarrassing. It dies in the belly with hills despite a heavier foot. Might attach a brick to the foot ????

BBL cooking something secret from the freezer. Cheese and biccies ready if it is awful. Wasn't first time round but ... :rolleyes:

shipbroker
04-30-2013, 04:59 AM
Me again.

Karl sorry about your sad loss, as someone who lost their Mother only 3 months ago and also being the only child it takes a while to accept the situation.

Ollie. Think just about every native songbird here plus that cock pheasant, but only heard one owl on adjacent farm.

Doug. Just read a review on one of the Computer sites about the Gemtab and they gave it lots of marks for value and ability but a couple complained theirs had to go to China for repair. Hope yours is easily sorted. Hope holiday goes well.

geoff

LauraRussell
04-30-2013, 05:01 AM
Morning all :D

Ollieowl - is it really possible to DELETE a facebook account?! I have a suspicion it is a difficult thing to achieve entirely.

Karl - very sorry to hear about your Father :( I hope you were able to enjoy your time spent with him.

Still CAVOK here in Ireland, everyone is getting a little paranoid. Have more thesis corrections to do but will try and post something in the gallery today.

laudesan
04-30-2013, 06:25 AM
:wave: Geoff

Hello folks I've finally deleted my facebook acount that been driving me Bonkers as some been trying to hack into it :clap::clap:Did you have two accounts, as This One (https://www.facebook.com/ollie.owlus?fref=ts) is still there..

Doug, good luck at bowls. I hope you can get that tablet replaced..

Karl, my sincere condolences for your father. :grouphug: You are blessed to become an orphan at the grand age of 70. Sadly I became one in my 20's.

Aaaaaaaaaw Annie, so sorry you haven't got Ruby back yet..

Hi Laura of the CAVOK day!!!

Yorky
04-30-2013, 07:29 AM
My condolences Karl, but sounds like he didn't suffer.

Well, I'm back from the hospital and have my bionic ears :) Everything is so much louder, especially the rustling of papers or even my coat. I even heard the birds singing outside the window, something I have missed.

Sorry you haven't got Ruby back Annie, hope she's going to be alright.

Misco were very good about the tablet, they are collecting it next Tuesday and will give me a refund. It's a pity as it was a super tablet when it worked, well on a par with my iPad.

It's a wonderful sunny day now, hope it stays that way while we are on holiday. Back Sunday.

I'll be going to bowls in 45 minutes, must make lunch.

PS I posted the May Challenge (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19594973#post19594973).

Doug

CharM
04-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Good morning... we're enjoying a bright sunny start to our Spring Day. Already 10C, it also promises to be a nice warm day, too!

Both Classes worked on their irises yesterday and are making pretty good progress. Sometimes they tend to stress over the small details and it's a challenge to get them to move on... soft edges is something they ALL struggle with, making it more difficult than it really is, I think... I always find it interesting to hear how they interpret what I've explained to them, because it isn't always what I intended. Even when I demonstrate individually, there's some amount of interpretation. Communication is SUCH a skill!

I painted a bit on my Arctic Fox... I finished his big brown eyes so he can communicate with me as I give him a fur coat... :)

I'm off to the gym this morning, and then have a Class this afternoon...

Oh Geoff... that film gave me the heebie jeebies for the longest time!

Peter, I'm sorry you're having FB troubles, but I didn't realize that you could delete your account...

That's too bad about your tablet, Doug... so I'm assuming you weren't able to gift it to your friends... I saw your Challenge for May... nice!

My heartfelt condolences to you and yours, Karl. :heart:

Annie, it becomes an even bigger worry when it takes so long to get your vehicle repaired (been there and done that)... I'm sure you've checked with your mechanic to see what's taking so long... :(

Hiya Laura, JJ and all yet to come. HAWLTAIN! I hope that everyone has the very best possible day!

Scene Chaser
04-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Good Day All,

It's starting off sunny and calm. 57 F.

Laura, I have a friend in Portroe who says the weather has finally broke. Hope it stays that way for a while. Ireland weather can be iffy. Of course, the farmers get worried if they go a week without rain. :)

((Karl)) My parents have been gone for decades but I still wish they were here. How wonderful that he had such a good and long life. It seems he raised a loving and successful son, as well.

((Ruby)) Annie, don't take your gun to town.

Doug, good you got new ears in time for your vacation. Have a great time.

Finances kept me in yesterday but I'll be out in full force today.

Ollie, the best way to delete a Facebook account is to never have one in the first place.

Bill

LauraRussell
04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
^ Bill, :lol:

wcartistsr
04-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Morning. Cloudy out and may get some rain. But warm, low 70's.

Karl, sorry about your loss. As an only child, I can relate. My parents died when I was in my 40's so it has been quite awhile. I have been scanning some of their old slides, and it brings back lots of memories. It sounds like your dad had a long life and i am glad he did not suffer a lot at the end. May you remember the good times.

Doug-Sorry about your tablet woes but glad they responded quickly and positively. What android tablet was it? Your reaction to your new hearing aides was the same as Don's. The first thing he heard was the birds singing. The second thing he heard was me!! Now we can have conversations in the car. (Not sure that is always a plus for him!).

Yesterday I got some of the studio cleaned up but still more to go. Also weeded outside. More of that to do also.
Today we are putting on a luncheon for the church staff. I am taking a salad and veggie tray. So that is what is on the agenda for today.

Have a creative day.

Shirley

Uschi
04-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning!!

13C already going up to 20C, sun/cloud mixture.

Apart from taking Ava for her swimming lesson this evening I have no definite plans. Will check out the garden and see what needs to be done and maybe paint a bit.

Oh Char, I remember US struggling with the edges:lol: :lol: :lol: Glutten for punishment because Iris have a LOT of soft edges.

Doug, nice May Challenge!! Sorry about your tablet, not that I have a clue what it really is, is it the same as an IPad?? Wishing you and Ruth perfect weather and a wonderful vacation!!!

Kar, I am very sorry about the loss of your father. That was a long life he had!!! Looking forward to seeing your vacation photos!!

Peter, oh such a wicked mind:eek: :eek: :)

Annie, is this an old lender they gave you?? Hope Ruby ends up being like new and quickly at that!!

Geoff, I miss all the song birds we had in England. You just have to wake up in a good mood listening to them!!

:wave: to Laura, JJ and Bill!!!

:wave: Uschi

olliewood0702
04-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Happy Tuesday all;

It's dark, raining and warm out there this morning. We are expecting rain and thunderstorms today. It was actually sunny just about an hour ago.

(((Karl))) it's never easy losing a parent and I hope you'll accept my condolences. I'm glad he lived a long and prosperous life. I lost my Dad last July and it still stings. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip; I assume you head to NH for the summer months, yes that must be a huge undertaking.

Doug, that is too bad about your tablet; and you liked it too.:confused: I hope you and Ruth have a WONDERFUL time on your trip.

Laura, I hope you'll get time to paint today.

Peter, deleting a Facebook account is almost impossible I've heard.

Bill, you must be getting rain too (?)

Char, have a great day. Communication is everything.;)

Shirley, have a great luncheon today.

Uschi, have fun painting!

Annie, I hope your meal was good; sorry about Ruby being MIA.

Geoff, I always like that Alfred Hitchcock film; The Birds. We feed the birds and love watching them all. We just put out our oranges and nectar feeder for the Baltimore Orioles. I hope we have them come back this year.

Larry finished his truck around 8pm last evening. He was exhausted but his truck is running like a top.:thumbsup: He's such a handy guy to have around; I think I'll keep him.:D It was a HUGE project replacing the fuel pump. It meant taking the gas tank off and what a job that was. Our neighbor came to help him lift it back up; he had to empty most of the gas out of it first. I told him he's getting too old for that; next time it'll be done by the shop but he was trying to save us some money. I told him if he hurt his back our trip would be in jeopardy. I'm just glad it's over and he's just a little sore from laying on concrete all day.

Have a GREAT day everyone!:wave: :heart:

LynnM
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi all! just a quick visit as I am off to the Village for some sewing and ironing and gossip! We have a fashion show tomorrow, so lots of stuff to gather up and try on. BBL..................

((((Karl)))) not an easy time, but it sounds like it was a 'good death' as things go. As another only child, I know what you are going through, both my parents died in the same year back in the early 90's.

FLNH
04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
View from our hotel roomhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/228602-DSC03537_800x600.jpg
Harpa Music Hall. Opened in 2011http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/228602-DSC03558_800x600.jpg
Thingvellir National Park
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/228602-DSC03624_800x600.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/228602-DSC03625_800x600.jpg
Gullfoss Waterfalls
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2013/228602-DSC03643_800x600.jpg

I would be happy to PM if anyone wants a larger file and you may use any of these without restriction. I will post some more at a later date.

I cannot express how grateful I am for your words of condolence. I am old enough that the Internet is still magic. The idea that someone born in 1917 would receive such kind words on his death from all over the world is still a wonder to me. And yet, it is true and I do feel blessed to be able to communicate with my WC friends. Thank you again and I can only say that I would be so pleased to meet you should you ever be in my area of the world.

shipbroker
04-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Afternoon all.
Just back from shopping in Lancaster and weather best this year. I have just put my shorts on for first time in seven months and the birds have gone quiet in amazement!!

Apparently another drought forecast for later this year.

geoff

Uschi
04-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I have just put my shorts on for first time in seven months and the birds have gone quiet in amazement!!
geoff

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice photos Karl! Not much greenery there, is it because of the time of year or because of all the vulcanic material??

Darla, WOW, your Larry is a smart guy, well, mechanic wise but who knows about health wise:)

Hi Lynn!!

My friend Rita's father died a few days ago so I am getting lots of calls from her, just wants to talk. He too was old - 90 and healthy to the last day.

JudyL
04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
(((Karl))), It sounds like you Dad had a good life, but even if you are expecting it, it is still a wrench. My lovely sister lost her 6 year battle with breast cancer this year, and I find it hard to think that I am the last one to carry the memories. (ouch)

The kids have just gotten here and the Spencer is eatting breakfast, morning is not his best part of the day. The term "walking dead" comes to mind

Oh regarding "The Slug" could you request (read demand) a better car if they are keeping Ruby past her bedtime?

BBl

NancyR
04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Quick pass through to say good morning. Warm and sun is shining here in Texas.

Karl, Your father and my mother were born in the same year. I am so sorry that you lost him, but what an amazing life he has had. My mom is still going strong, losing her eyesight and wheelchair bound, but still of strong mind.

Darla, In our family, I would have been the one under the car making the repairs. DH was not raised to get his hands dirty. He hires someone to help.

You cannot delete a Facebook account, you can only deactivate it. Trust me, I have tried.

:wave: to everyone else, and white light to those in need. I need to get back to work.

Scene Chaser
04-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Darla, just starting to rain. We do not need rain. Farmers can't get into the fields and I can't work on my garden equipment. Want to get the garden ready this year. It's been a few without.

I've had a hard time seeing this morning, then I cleaned my glasses. :o

Geoff, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill

JudyL
04-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Oh, regarding Facebook, a stupid question, how do you know if your account has been hacked?

Bill, I've done that, amazing how that works!:lol:

Uschi
04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Just checking to see if WC actually works - no posts in 8 hours???????

Had my dinner at kids, Ava did well in her swimming lesson, did some gardening in the afternoon, went for a 1/2 hour bike ride, warming muscles up for bigger and better things, had chatty visit from neighbour - that's about it for the day.

No rain here, sun is shining and it was nice and warm.

BB in the morning!

laudesan
05-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Super photos Karl