'
Morning all

Blue ears area again??

Where is everyone??

Back after breakfast

geoff

Yorky
04-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Good morning Geoff. A light breakfast I guess ;)

Dull here but dry so far. Some faint patches of blue in the cloud cover.

Going to the Springfield Nursing Home tonight for a concert and dinner with Asa Murphy.

Doug

ScarletLake
04-27-2013, 03:42 AM
Hello from OHIO:wave: :wave: :wave:

Morning Geoff and Doug

Well my usual time of 3:30AM - I've been asleep since 10:30pm so a good nights sleep for me.:lol: :lol:

Went to visit Dad at the nursing home last night for dinner. He looks well and has a good appetite but is definately in his own world.

I had not been visiting too much the past couple of weeks just felt too bad myself to go and just sit. So will go again probably on Sun afternoon.

I think for today it will just be pretty much light things around here. I need to get something drawn out for my friends online art challenge - the theme is It's All Delicious. I keep thinking of Strawberries but don't know yet.

I think we may get some rain later tonight and on Sunday.

Everyone have a great weekend

Anita

shipbroker
04-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Morning Anita, yes Doug a light breakfast which is usually just two slices of seedy toast anyway!!After last evenings repast I wouldnt try anything larger..

Just awaiting for the awning to dry ad lots of condensation on a cool night then will pack it ready for the move to Cumbria tomorrow

geoff

doppler
04-27-2013, 04:49 AM
Good evening Geoff and Anita and Doug.

Quiet day today except from my language when I did the totting up of BAS and the paying. Business Activity Statement .... with the tardy suffix. :rolleyes: Quarterly. The main gutting comes on June 30.

Then serious sloth. Then some gardening. Then sitting with Roger and watching a u shaped swivelly thing crawl up my jeans. I was suitably attired for gardening with jeans tucked into socks. Roger removed the leech and really dealt with it. I hope.

Now re heat for dinner. Roger wanted Spaghetti Bol again. Luckily I had frozen the remainder of last weeks sauce, with the last of the red wine renderings, so we shall eat wellish tonight.

May BBL :wave: .

Yorky
04-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi Annie :eek:

Isn't gardening fun. Mine is 30 feet square and no mowing now. I just posted in the Shutterbug Pub Gardening thread a progressive sequence (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19591016&postcount=4) from the past 46 years.

Doug

doppler
04-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Hope the :eek: isn't for my reheat dinner Doug. :lol:

It was quite nice. I'll have to mug my Italian friend for the recipe for her slow cooked and rendered down in wine meat balls which were the best I've ever tasted.I keep trying to improve. So much wine.... :angel:

The crawly itchy things do temper my gardening ambitions. Now that it is cool enough to don biological protective wear though, I shall be back to it after facing beds of shame this afternoon.

On the other hand, our jonquils are blooming in APRIL, the pointed leaf purple hovea (native Spring baby) is flowering,, the magnolias are blooming ... the feral orchid has put out a flower spike.

It's Autumn :confused:

Yorky
04-27-2013, 05:35 AM
No, the leech :eek: Still waiting for the garden photos Annie :)

Doug

doppler
04-27-2013, 05:41 AM
OK I will get brave tomorrow Doug. I can edit out the weeds .... maybe :lol: :lol: :lol:

laudesan
04-27-2013, 06:00 AM
I had reheat dinner too. A Irish stew I made for last nights supper, and when I went to add cracked pepper to in the initial preparation, the pepper mill fell to pieces, dropping whole peppercorns into hot pot. I left them, much to my detriment tonight. I am blowing on my tongue. :eek:

:grouphug:

:wave:

Doris345
04-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning washers.

Unbelievably, that "rubberband flu" came back for the 3rd time. Saw the doc again yesterday, he had me get another chest xray because he is worried that the bronchitis has not cleared up as thoroughly as it should have after a week on antibiotics.

Meanwhile, I was supposed to present an award at a special event last night but just did not have the strength to drag myself out for the evening. Just getting to the supermarket has become a major expedition - and yes, I have wonderful, caring neighbors, but I need to do at least that much. I have been buying my milk in small containers, and only 3 or 4 days of Louie-food at a time, instead of by the case, to force myself to get out of the house.

Okay, enough Pity Party. This, too, shall pass. Big doings at my College's Alumni Weekend, don't think I am up to it.

Glad spring is finally here. We need it.

:wave: :wave: to everyone at once. BBL

Doris

painterbear
04-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 7:15 a.m. here in bright but cloudy Oakwood. The morning birds are singing a medley outside my window. One bird leads and a second farther down the street responds. Very pretty. :D

The guest speaker at yesterday's Tri-Art Meeting had a really interesting program. She does a lot of work with paper...creates her own, uses it in different ways, etc. She talked about making paper bag books using small lunch bags. She showed how you glue two of them together, fold the pages, and collage decorative paper pieces to the pages. Then you can use calligraphy to write poetry to sayings on them. That was interesting, but the next thing she did really caught my attention. She used a half sheet of watercolor paper to make a book. First she painted an abstract design using Sumi Ink and Walnut Ink and colored ink stamp pads. When that dried she invited us to each come and add an element or two to the abstract design on the back of the sheet. She brought a collection of "found" objects such as feathers, pieces of screening, twigs, etc. for us to use. When that dried, she tore the sheet into thirds. One was for the cover, the other two were folded into thirds and became the pages. Then she showed how to assemble it and sew a binding with a thin piece of string to hold it together. It was really pretty when finished. I wish I had brought my camera to show you.

Tonight we are having a lamb curry out of the freezer. This is from that leg of lamb we bought a while back that we've been enjoying in lots of different ways.

Annie, Your garden is always so lovely, but it really does take a lot of work to keep it that way, including fending off the critters who live in it too. I agree with Doug about the leeches. :eek:

Geoff, Glad you and your DW were able to get together with Doug and Ruth yesterday. :D

:wave: to Doug, Anita, JJ, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Yorky
04-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Hi folks! The sun eventually came out and it's a lovely day now.

(((Doris))) sorry to hear that dreaded 'flu has come back yet again :eek: Look after yourself - and Louie.

I'm selling my new tablet to my computer illiterate friend. Truth is I bought it with two friends in mind.

Doug

CharM
04-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning! We have a wonderfully sunny day in the making... I love Spring. CAVOK!

I finished our taxes. For the three of us. An all-day job that's not going to plague me again for a whole year. :) It sucked up all my energy and I didn't do much else... BrainDrain. I did get our bread baked and made a nice little bread pudding with the day-old stale slices.

Our dinner was an easy one, too... I had some cooked chicken on hand and chopped it into an easy Florentine sauce (chopped spinach, onions, garlic, light cream cheese and chicken stock) with some spinach pasta. A 30-minute meal for sure.

I think I'll run to the gym this morning. Ted wants to come along because Home Depot is across the road from the Superstore (where my gym is)... we need a few grocery items too. Then, home to do some yard work!

I hope you're having a great time in the caravan, Geoff!

Doug, I'm going to have a look at your garden's life cycle when I finish posting here.

Anita, strawberries are one of my favourite fruits! They make a neat subject for painting, too...

*shudder* Annie, that u shaped swivelly thing gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!

Your unintentional pepper pot was hot stuff, eh, JJ? :lol:

((Doris)) Sheesh... this darned flu has sure been a challenge... I hope your meds get rid of it completely this time!

Sylvia, I love the craft of paper projects... Does your Speaker have a web site... a book?

Please have yourselves and happy and creative day! :heart:

Scene Chaser
04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Good Day All,

Annie, I would need a seech off spray to work in your garden. We had spaghetti sauce from the freezer last night, too.

Doug, fun looking at the evolution of your garden. You have the most beautiful small garden I've ever seen. Nice transformation from the grass yard you once had.

Anita, catnip tea works wonders for sleep. Hope you get more.

Sylvia, interesting demo you had. Those little books would make nice gifts and projects for children.

Char, I'd be going to Home Depot, too. :)

I found these lovely black petunias yesterday. They are a bit burgundy, though. Too early to plant but will look nice when its time.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/83119-black_petunias.JPG

Bill

Uschi
04-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Good Morning!!

7C right now going up to 18C WOOHOO!!! and it is sunny to boost. I think Spring has truly arrived!!

I slept in so have to get going (table tennis). BBL

:wave: Uschi

painterbear
04-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi again,

Doris, we x-posted. Ouch, so sorry you have caught the flu AGAIN! You are having a horrible time with that nasty bug. :o Hope you are feeling better soon.

Char, Sounds like you are really getting some benefit from the gym activities! Way to go!!!! Here is a link to Rosie Huart's website: http://www.rosiehuart.com/aboutrosie.htm (sorry I can't get the link tool above to work for some reason. Not sure if she has the books on it or not. She mentioned she'd hate to have to write the directions, she preferred showing us how to do. it. :lol: I did look up both paper bag books and folded paper books on Google and there are lots of videos showing some...none exactly like hers, but you would get the idea. :D

Bill, It would make a really neat project to do with Grandkids or kids. When they finished making the books, they could collage different things on the pages as well. :D That petunia is gorgeous. I love the burgundy color showing along with the dark almost black tones. :D

Uschi, I hope you are right, but I'm not counting on it until after the 10th of May around here. ;)

:wave: to all again,

SYL,

Sylvia

wcartistsr
04-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Good Morning. Sunny and to be nice today. Maybe we will get out in the garden.

Doug-Speaking of gardens, yours is beautiful- AND low maintenance. I imagine it was a lot of work to set up, however.
Doris-Do hope you conquer that flu this time. Take care.
Annie-Leaches, ugh. I never met one but a picture is enough.
Bill-Those petunias are beautiful. I can see why you fell in love with them. Petunias are pretty hardy. You should be able to plant them in a couple of weeks.
Sylvia-The handmade book sounds interesting. Don and I got interested in bookmaking years ago and made several journals and photo albums. All sorts of ways to make books, from very simple to elaborate stitching. Painting, however, won out and we gave it up.

Been out to dinner twice, once by ourselves for my BD (delicious ) and last night with friends. I am not very hungry today. My waistline needs a rest.

Off to run an errand and then work in the yard, I think.

Shirley

DaveCrow
04-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Morning all,
Spring is here and with it spring cleaning and chores. A busy day for me.

I have a show coming up soon!, Nineteen works in a local realtor's office. Our county Arts Council is sponsoring a Community Gallery where artists get to hang works in local businesses. I am more than a little excited.

Hopefully next week the contractor will start work on repairing what will become my new studio. Frozen pipes burst and destroyed the plumbing and the floor. So I need a full new floor and new plumbing, but then will have proper studio space, at last!

olliewood0702
04-27-2013, 10:42 AM
HAppy Saturday,

Doug, your garden is lovely and I enjoyed the short film too! I need to get out into mine real soon.

(((DORIS))) boy you sure have had it tough with that darn flu returning again and again. I hope they gave you some stronger antibiotics and that your bronchitis goes away completely.:heart:

Waving to you Uschi! Have fun playing.

Geoff, have a great day.

Char, it sounds like a busy day for you; enjoy.

Annie, eww...those leeches sound frightening; I'd have been running. YUM spaghetti sauce freezes very well and it tastes so good too.

Bill, aren't those black petunias beautiful? I've seen them in the stores around here too. Petunias are nice because they are prolific bloomers.

Shirley, have a great Saturday; glad you enjoyed your "eating out" and now you can enjoy your full stomach today.:D

Oh JJ, I've had that happen to me before; and it makes the dish HOT...:rolleyes:

Anita, you needed to get some rest for your FB and so I'm sure your Dad would understand why you weren't able to make the trip for a visit; you can make it up to him now.

Hello Dave; best of luck with your show!

Sylvia, In one of my college art classes we had a section on making books. I still have mine and I LOVED that class. I don't do it regularily and I'd have to look closely at my book to be able to do it again but it was fun.

It's a GORGEOUS day here and Larry is working. I'm cleaning then running to the book store and hopefully painting later. I really would like to be outside today instead of inside.

I'm sending ((())) to all out there in need of them.:clap: :grouphug:

Everyone have yourself a marvelous day and hug someone you love.:heart:

Scene Chaser
04-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Happy Birthday Shirley
(((Doris))) Get well soon.

Dave, youíll have to show us some photos of your Show. Great to have a studio.

Darla, bookmaking would be a great project for your grands. Getting a travel guide of England?

My grass is starting to grow, so Iíll have to change the oil on my mowers today.
Bill

kaypainter
04-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Well a little spring from LA for you. No commentary except to say -- I wish you could smell them as well as see the roses and jasmine. BBL Hope you enjoy.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/130068-Rose_Bush_Spring_2013.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/130068-Fragrant_Cloud_Spring_2013.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/130068-Fragrant_Cloud_Spring_2013_no_2.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/130068-Night_Blooming_Jasmine_2013.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/130068-Orange_Trumpet_Vine_1_Spring_2013.jpeg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2013/130068-Orange_Trumpet_Vine_2_Spring_2013.jpeg

Kay

Yorky
04-27-2013, 12:29 PM
They are beautiful Kay. Thanks for the photos.

Doug

wcartistsr
04-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Kay, oh my, jasmine! I love that smell. We often enjoyed it in Charleston when we would visit there. Beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing and stirring a memory.

Shirley

Flattwo
04-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi to All

Same problems here today

Warmer this afternoon, but as the saying goes "Ne'er cast a clout till May be out"

Bill, Great colour on the flowers!

Kay, Super flower photos

Speak Later

GramPat
04-27-2013, 02:29 PM
It sounds like everyone has their day planned out. I started to mow the yard, but had to quit after an hour. My back said no more! Came inside, took a pain pill, and now I am laying on an ice pack. Later on I will do a bit of painting.

Doris, so sorry that you are down again. It is getting to be too nice to feel bad!

Hope you all have a great day! BBL?

Pat

shipbroker
04-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Evening all

Beautiful evening but chilly still.

Spent the afternoon at local National Trust 16th century Old Hall. Just down the road from Doug's more modern abode......very interesting.

Off to Cumbria in morning so may be late into the Wash....

Goodnight all

geoff

LynnM
04-27-2013, 03:49 PM
:wave: Beautiful day here, too! I walked this AM and am in Johannes class now, doing pan pastel while he does oils, different approach, but I am learning anyway.

(((Doris)))

Lovely photos Kay, thanks for that breath of spring/summer.

Time to go, I hope you all have a good rest of the day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

laudesan
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Lynn, I tis a glorious day here too, today. 23C sun is shining, and all is right with the world.. :)

Your unintentional pepper pot was hot stuff, eh, JJ? :lol:oh yes!!! I forgot ho gets much hotter over time/days. :p

Beautiful flower photos! :thumbsup.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLEY Love and hugs..

Later...........

JudyL
04-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi :wave:
Not much to share, got to sleep in, a bit then went to a WW meeting and got re-enthused, a good thing.
After that I helped Jack with the "French Drain" for the area by the pool, my job was to put my feet on the drain (gently) to keep the thing still while he put gravel on the top. A job I could handle.

I have an idea to decorate a cheap pair of white slip on canvas shoes, I plan on diluting some acrylic paints in different colors and squirt and dribble the paint on them. Let you know how it works.

We have plans to go to a Stockton Thunder Hockey game tomorrow, so not sure when I will do it.

Doris, the 3rd time! :eek: I suspect it is the same flu, go to bed and stay there, watch the telly, let us know how you are doing.

As for me I am so tired, and am going upstairs, Jack is watching Nascar, I don't enjoy it as much as he does.

TTFN

DaveCrow
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
The chicken run is up, and the kitten managed to avoid the hammer. He did so want to help out.