PDA

View Full Version : Negotiation

Luzie
09-10-2003, 11:03 PM
18 x 22 oil/canvas, i did this while waiting for another one to dry, you like?

christinabella
09-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Hello

It has a sort of floating "Dali" feel to it. I like the color and the blurry background.

Tamana
09-11-2003, 02:08 AM
I like "things" while waiting on other "things" to dry.

Yep. Definite dimensional feel to it. Love how you've incorporated the background into the foreground via the circle. Gives it a centered connection of stability amidst the effect. Or something, I don't know.

Nice to see you back in the woods.

aaaaaahhhhoooooooo

axxxel
09-11-2003, 01:03 PM
oh yes I like !

So many light

Tamana
09-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Jes hit me: Negotiation/Middle ground.
Very clever.

Hate it when something niggles and won't go away. It's like trying to remember the name of "that person that played that person in that movie."

brushstroked
09-11-2003, 02:08 PM
This really is an incredible technique....and you definitely pulled it off. The colors and that illusion of floating give the sensation of a calm otherworldliness.

Thanks for sharing, Luzie. :)

VieSaintSo
09-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Oh yes!!
care to share your technic?

VieSaintSo
09-11-2003, 02:25 PM
oups....
would also like some close up if its possible....:D

lascauxcaveman
09-12-2003, 12:15 AM
I would have called it "Nonetheless," but that's just me ...

Wow! I love cubism and I love this painting. I think I'll break into your studio and steal it. what was your address again? ;)

Luzie
09-12-2003, 12:56 AM
Axxel,Christinballea and Tamana, thanks for taking a moment. I usually do more abstracts but lately I am experimenting with portraits and all kinds of stuff:)
Brushstroked, thanks and it's amazing what effect the floating has on the viewers, many hate it - others love it, I wonder why?

VieSaintSo, Thanks and of course I share.
I used Burnt Sienna, Thalo blue, cad red, cad yellow, flake white, cobalt blue...I think these are all, also used brushes and knifes.

The background was laid down first for another piece that never made it (I just blocked in squares wherever I felt they need to be then I rubbed the canvas with some coars fabric and repeated where I took of too much), then in breaks I started outlining some shapes here and there (with Thalo blue) and filled in those shapes whenever I had a couple of minutes, on this. Pretty much in the middle of the whole thing the "Negotiation" came up, I thought it resembles all of the different things (shapes) that are brought to a table while other influences still manipulate the situation. The floating because "everything is still up in the air" since we are in the middle of the deal...might be farfetched but that's what came to mind:)
In the end I just adjusted, by feeling, adding a bit of dark here and some lights elsewhere. Some of the shapes are painted flat with the brush others are brush-painted first and then I just slapped some paint on the knife and "buttered" the on top.
I left some shapes (for example the one pretty much center, blue/yellow...looks kind of like cards) unpainted, these are the actual background peeping through, I did glaze those though. Hope this helps and makes some sense.

Lascauxcaveman, Thanks and actually your name already makes a ferfect Title for a future painting

:D

My address can only be revealed after time consuming negotiations:D , what's your best offer?

anyway, I thought I might try ebay one of those days but heard the days over there are very slow...what's your opinion, is it picking up?

Luzie
09-12-2003, 12:58 AM
forgot...trying to post a close up tomorrow

Tamana
09-12-2003, 01:01 AM
closeup?!!!

*drools*

Dahzl
09-12-2003, 05:52 AM
Lovely work Luzie !! :D

Yes Yes - me want closeup too ! :D

I'll be back !

Cheers Dahzl :)

VieSaintSo
09-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Luzie,
thank you soooooo much for taking the time to explain in such details, I could almost see you creating!
Looking forward to see the close up!;)

heh
09-12-2003, 09:34 AM
the suspension of an old noisy music player
outside on the curb with all the other unwanted things
alone in the dark
in the rain
with little notes that slip out
of a song no one remembers
and the summer sky watches them
slip miserably down the gutter

lascauxcaveman
09-12-2003, 11:35 AM
For me, ebay is and always has been real spotty (perhaps a reflection on the quality of my work?) But it seems the junk that I hate as soon as its finished and can't wait to get rid of is what gets the highest prices. :confused:

So I just put everything up there at a low starting bid, usually $33.33 or $22.22 and see what happens.

What the heck, it keeps the canvas roll fresh and the paint bucket filled. It's always fun to see what folks will bid on and what they pass on, and one painting I can list 3 times in a row at $22.22 with no bids, and the fourth time listed it gets bid up to $80 - 90. Since most of my canvasses are simple airbrush jobs that take and hour or two, I'm ok if it sells at all, and every now and again I make something to keep, or get an idea I know will pay off later.

Luzie
09-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Ok, here's the close up, my digital camera stinks though, hope you can recognize something:)

Tamana
09-12-2003, 06:05 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2003/18021-closeup.jpg

Thank you for the shot. Ummm what colorplay and design interlock. Looks like a reflection in that middle ground. :)

Luzie
09-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Thanks Tamana, cool!!
Hey from now on I'll send you all my pics:D

amanda
09-13-2003, 12:23 AM
My first reaction is; wow, this is wonderful. I love the colours and the cubistic style. Lovely and harmonious.:D