PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Boat

jackiesimmonds
04-25-2013, 04:43 AM
One more from Sri Lanka. The boats were such amazing shapes, and colours...this one was not so much a colourful boat, as one with gorgeous shapes, and colourful nets and stuff piled inside:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2013/1805-boat_from_SL_for_wc.jpg

It is still very much a sketch rather than a finished painting....I have yet to embark on Sri Lanka paintings, I have been busy trying to create appropriate images for my Open Garden day in June (anyone frm the UK welcome of course).

There are a couple more sketches from Sri Lanka on my latest blog post ifyou would like to see them.

oops so sorry, meant to put this in Pastel Studio...mods, do feel free to move.

Jackie

water girl
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
I've enjoyed the sketches and hope to see you develop them into a finished series. Are these sketches made while you are traveling?

toniov
04-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Very beautiful scketches !

pastel65
04-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Very nice. What color was the paper? Pam

allydoodle
04-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Wonderful sketch Jackie!

Turpintine45
04-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Great sketch Jackie. I do hope you will develop them into full paintings now you are back in the cool of England. My goodness is it a year since your last garden art show!?

Colorix
04-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Lovely sketch, Jackie. I do hope you go on and paint some of these as developed paintings.

Love how you let the mast-thingy go beyond the edge.

twiglet
04-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Really lovey sketch. Would also like to see them in their full glory

jackiesimmonds
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
The colour of the paper is a dark red, almost maroon.

I may or may not take these sketches further, I often find that if I try to repeat a sketch, to turn it into something "finished", it kills the spontaneity. Instead, I will probably do some similar images, using both sketches and photo ref together.
My big problem is finding the time........at the moment, I am producing paintings which are appropriate for Open Garden - gardens, flowers and English garden birds, and then have to crack on with a few images for Open Studio. I have no gallery representation right now, so I am the only one putting pressure on myself - and I have no real confidence whether anyone would be interested in Sri Lanka, to be honest. I am also producing lots more of my enamelled bowls, for Open Garden and Open Studio, and for Open Garden, which comes first, a range of interesting and unusual "folded" large garden ceramics. Busy busy. I don't know where the time goes.