shipbroker
04-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Good Morning all.

Woken by birds again!

Forecast rain today, going shopping in Liverpool suburbs later hopefully

geoff

Yorky
04-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Good morning Geoff, yes, it's a bit dull. Dry so far :crossfingers: Have a good day.

Waiting in for a parcel today - delivery "between 07.30 and 16.30" :rolleyes:

Hope it isn't one of those "tip and run" drivers which means they don't wait for the door, take off and we have to go to the depot to collect the parcel.

Doug

doppler
04-24-2013, 02:50 AM
Good evening Geoff and all to follow.

I still have the slug car. More work needed than thought. Be still! my beating credit card. Won't get mine back until Monday as tomorrow is Anzac Day, one of the few days where everything shuts, except for the pubs :rolleyes: Possible Friday. I doubt it.

I'm starting to like some of the rap music :lol: It becomes an endless blur in the ear punctuated by some rather nice singing.

BBL

Yorky
04-24-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm starting to like some of the rap music
No! :eek:

Hope your credit card lives after the event :crossfingers:

Maybe send Roger to pay the bill?

Doug

doppler
04-24-2013, 03:04 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could swap him for the car???? :angel:

NEVER!!!!

Yorky
04-24-2013, 03:08 AM
:lol: You are funny! :D

Doug

doppler
04-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Full moon tonight Doug. :lol: Just practising ..... :angel:

Doris345
04-24-2013, 04:37 AM
Hi washers,

Thanks for all your good wishes, Sylvia, Char, Uschi, Kay, Darla, Annie, everyone else. This flu is never-ending. Gail, I had heard of several people getting a return bout - - and I DID get my flu shoot last fall. I can only think how bad it would have been otherwise. . . like dead?

Doug, I love your yellow (I agree) camellia.
Nancy - hope the trip to the docs will be sucessful for your mom and for your chauffering.

Laura - I had an Integra for 10 years and I LOVED that car. It was a manual transmission [learning to drive that car is a story in itself - first stick shift I ever had] and it really zoomed along. Like really ZOOMED along. And it was bright red, so it caught the eye of every cop in the neighborhood.

No more cars for me - I dont use them enough, so I joined Zipcar. Great concept - car-sharing by the hour: check out zipcar.com

Annie, I would be honored to have you paint Louie. Let me know if you need/want the original photo.

Big day today - lots of little chores that have been neglected for the past 3-1/2 weeks. Had hoped to get to Blick for their 1-day sale, but that is not going to happen - just too exhausting. I will just stick to a walk to the pharmacy and greengrocer. And the pet store, poor Louie is close to starvation. He has been a loving, devoted nursecat for me, barely left my side.

Hugs to all,
Doris

LauraRussell
04-24-2013, 04:37 AM
Doppler - you will know all the lyrics by time you get your own car back!

Every second day it rains here in Ireland. Today is the rainy day. Got plenty of physics work to keep me busy and some new sketches to start painting on to keep me distracted :)

straydragon
04-24-2013, 05:20 AM
:wave: Good Morning everyone,
well my rigger's arrived without bubblewrap :crying:
if anyone wants to swap a number 1 or 2 rigger, with less than 1 meter on the clock for a similar sized round I could go for that:).
I put my 1st picture up on our gallery last night quite an achievement for an old technophobe like me, anyway thanks for the comments.
Alan

Yorky
04-24-2013, 05:21 AM
well my rigger's arrived without bubblewrap
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug

laudesan
04-24-2013, 05:26 AM
:wave:

I got a phone call today, come and pick up my new car this afternoon!:clap: :thumbsup:

She is parked in my driveway. Hasn't told me her name yet...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2013/22284-My_new_Subaru_1.jpg
Only one thing wrong, it is not red. :p

Rap Music. Ugh!!!!!!!

Doug, your camelia is very beautiful. My double crimson one is blooming right now. It is autumn here..

Have a nice day Doris. Louie sounds like a very loving boy. :heart:

Geoff, I really liked Liverpool.

Later guys.. :wave:

LauraRussell
04-24-2013, 05:58 AM
Doris - Oooh you'll get me all excited and rambling now! The red integras are rare enough here - I have a white one. Aren't they just beautiful?! And yes, fast! I have had some bad luck with the engine in mine so I am being cautious about doing drag racing days now. My other half has an integra too and he took it racing last weekend in Northern Ireland. He took off his exhaust which definitely made it louder, not sure about faster... ;)

Doris345
04-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Laura, when I bought my first Integra in 1989 it was still a new brand/manufacturer. The insurance company had them listed as 'sports cars' and wanted to charge me accordingly.

Well, insurance rates are tough enough in NYC without paying for a sports car, so I fought like mad.

Finally convinced my broker (who also happened to handle the policies for my home insurance and most of my family's cars and homes for many years) that the small size and weight classified it as a 'subcompact'. Happily, Honda/Acura positioned one tiny little piece of advertising with that concept also. Saved over $1500/year (which didnt even cut the bill in half, but as I said, NYC. . . ).

When I sold her in 2010 she only had 65,000 miles on her and still purred like a kitten. My BIL paid me to NOT give the car to his son as I had planned to do, so I made double $$ on it. :angel:

LauraRussell
04-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Haha :D The poor guy missed out on a beautiful car but maybe would not have been so lucky with the insurance. I'm a 27 year old female and still can only insure the integra with just one of many insurance companies in Ireland. Unfortunately you cannot haggle over premiums in this country :(

Perhaps a DC5 is the next best thing after an integra?!

CharM
04-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Good morning... It rained most of the night and the warm breeze is filled with humidity. Our temperatures will drop throughout the day until we're back to nearly freezing... Yesterday, though, was a Spring Blessing... :)

Today I have two Classes... my usual Tuesday morning has been moved to Wednesday to accommodate my gym schedule... and my last session of the Beginners' Workshop is this afternoon... I'll enjoy three weeks of free afternoons until the next Workshop begins.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the freedom of your car, JJ!

Doris, you were a bit of a wild child, eh? :)

And yes, Doug, those yellow camillias are beautiful!

Annie, I hope you can get rid of the Flintmobile without having to pay a huge ransom for your own car...

:wave: Geoff, Laura and Alan...

Coffee beckons... Have the best possible day, everyone! :heart:

ScarletLake
04-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Hello Everyone:wave: :wave:

Just wondered through some of the posts over the past few days.

Between dealing with this flare up of my fibromyalgia and trying to get some things done around here (which is not happening due to energy level) I feel as if I am just existing.

Looks like we have rain this morning and for most of our day ahead.

Sounds like Lulu and John made it to see their kids and are having a great time.

Thinking about Henry and his wife and all they are going through.

Doris - I've heard that from so many people about once you are hit with this bug it just keeps giving. Glad you are up and about once again. My Frannie cat loves to lay at the foot of my bed when I lay down in the afternoon. Very comforting.

JJ - Congrats on your car. No telling where you will go now.

Darla - So glad your Mom is doing well. It just takes some time after such a loss and it sounds like she is feeling much better.

Kay - Your jewelry making skills are wonderful. Good for you.

Bill - I am enjoying the cherry tree in my back yard it is just beautiful with all the pink blooms.

Hello to Sylvia, Char, Uschi, Gail, Don, Doug, and everyone else -

Not much going on here to report - just rolling with the punches.

Anita

Starsprite
04-24-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm starting to like some of the rap music :lol: It becomes an endless blur in the ear punctuated by some rather nice singing.

BBL

Oh nooo!! It's getting to you Annie!! Soon you will be waving your arms and dipping your head all around as you go toddling down the streets! :lol:

Well I woke up late and its already time to get to work! I can't believe it is spring and we have a little snow on the ground now! That is Kansas weather for you, warm one day, then freezing cold the next! The poor plants and flowers don't know what to do!

Have a great day everyone!

olliewood0702
04-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Hello Everyone and HAPPY HUMP DAY!:wave:

It's rainy and COLD here and they say we could see some snow showers.:rolleyes: We all are more thank ready for some nice warm, sunny spring weather.:confused:

Doug that yellow camellia is so beautiful. It looks just like my two-tones pink peony; even the buds and leaves look the same. I dont have any camellia's but would sure like to add one to my garden. You're lucky your perennials are blooming already. Only my daffs, tulips and hyacinths are in bloom so far. It won't be long and my forget-me-nots and clematis will bloom.

The birds have been eating like little piggies; Larry is constantly filling the feeders. I hope that isn't a sign of a snow storm or something.

Henry, I'm beaming positive beams of healing light to your (((LESLEY))) and praying that they will be able to relieve her pain. That is so hard to see in someone you love.

JJ, what a GREAT looking vehicle!(YOU are looking pretty good too!) :thumbsup: Good for you.

Reggie, I'm glad you are so excited to start your new job and that you bought yourself some new clothes. I hope you will love your new job and that you'll transition into a working girl smoothly.

We had the girls last night and Klaira was so sweet. She got a little plastic pail for Easter and she puts her 'DORA' doll that I got her in it along with a stuffed kitty and she carries it around like a purse. She was sitting on the rocking chair rocking them and patting them them saying "DOWA....Meow-Meow...":lol: :D She's at such a fun age and she actually ate for me too. She's such a little peanut and sometimes she won't eat at all. She sure does love her big sisters and they love her too. It's great to watch.

Matt and Jen had an offer on their house and they would like them to be out by closing...:( That means they most likely would have to move in with us for a while...:confused: That will sure "cramp our style" but they might not have any other option. (I shudder to think)

Annie, rap is crap!:lol: They don't even have to sing...just talk fast to the beat. I'm so sorry your repairs will be more costly than you thought.

I bet LuLU is having a great time.

Patty, I'm here at work too...

Waving to Geoff, Anita, ((DORIS)) glad Louie is such a good nurse, Laura, Alan and Char!

Have a GREAT DAY!:wave: :heart:

WthrLady
04-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone!

Cloudy and 70 to start the morning. Summer is here and it's been a wet and buggy one. While out blowing the oak tree droppings in the backyard last week, I managed to blow a spider into my shirt. Let's just say by his reaction he didn't appreciate the location or the view. The bite is driving me bonkers and it's taking it forever to close. Nasty beasts.

The boy and DH survived the 20 mile hike. Just two Eagle Scout interviews left on his check list and I'll have a 13 year old Eagle Scout!

Doris - I'm glad you're on the upswing. The hard part is when you are FEELING better, and you go to do something and the effort is just overwhelming. That plague was 8 weeks of misery.

Darla - Awwwww the wee thing. She's sounds so cute! I like the age where they go around "talking" to themselves! LOL!

Doug - I hope they don't ding and dash!

JJ- OH come on everyone, it's JJ's car! ED - short for E.D., Boo Boo, Scout, Owie, Doc!, Whee! and for somereason Simon popped into my head. :D

Good Morning Patty, Anita, Char, Annie, Alan

Laura - How'd lunch go?

OK, off to the market. (Blah)

36 days....

Scene Chaser
04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Good Day All,
Rained all night. I feel as though I am in Ireland already.

I have had nothing but Toyotas and Hondas for twenty-five years and have had no car troubles until they got to 210,000 miles.

How can poor iambic pentameter lyrics be called music? I've always felt that if you can't play it on a piano, it isn't music.

Must feed Ms. Feral.
Bill

LynnM
04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Well!!! I wrote a lovely reply and got off in another quest and forgot to post :eek: I'll just say, I hope you all have a rewarding day, and many hugs and thoughts of white light to all under the weather :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

NancyR
04-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone from Texas. The sun is shining, and we will have a warmer day today. I hope we do not get anymore "Blue Northers"!

Today is National Professional Assistant's Day. My boss of 12 years gave me a gift cerfiticate to What-A-Burgers...one of my favorite places for lunch. My other boss and I have a pact that we don't celebrate since we each have our own duties and were friends before boss and assistant.

Today I am meeting my DH for lunch. We are having so much fun meeting for lunch. Tonight he goes to visit his father, and tonight I go to visit my mother. She called me this morning and asked me to pick up deoderant and lip stick. I think this is because she is going out to see our favorite doctor. Pat does this sound familiar? I know that he will give her a hug and kiss.

Annie, I do not understand Rap at all. I agree with Bill. But then my generation had the Beach Boys, Motown, and the Beatles. How could this generation top that?

Doris, I hope that you are on the mend. The flu is one of the worst things to endure and to get a double whammy would be horrible. Louie is a good caretaker. Fur kids are the best--whether a cat or a dog.

Welcome Alan and Laura to our wonderful community.:wave:

Char, I hope the cold spell doesn't last too long.

Anita, I think that is our fate to roll with the punches. When I feel down and out, I watch a good comedy to get me out of my mood. Laughter is the best medicine.

Darla, If the kids have to move in for a while, just smile. I had to move in with three kids and a dog with my parents in a two bedroom house. We grew much closer, and then I took my mother in when she needed it. Think about the fun of having the girls. It will work out just fine.

Good morning Bill and Lynn. Got to get back to work.

White light to Lesley and Henry and to anyone else in need.

Yorky
04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Testing my new tablet, an absolute bargain - 9.7 inch Android 4.1.1 and 80 complete with a bluetooth keyboard

A Joytab GEM from Misco.

Doug

JudyL
04-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Morning :music:

We had the kids this morning, it is STAR testing and they are on different schedules today, Spencer had to go in early but Lauren didn't have to go in till an hour later. She got to drive in, she soon will be able to take her test to get the license :clap: :crossfingers: :( I have told her it will be a loooonnng time before she will be driving a car I ride in (that is just me)
The will take the bus home, need to use up the bus tickets, so we have the night off :clap:
I have gotten a huge canvas 24" x 36" to go over our fire place, there is a questionable (cheap hack job) in my mind, that is too small. I plan on doing an acr**c from a photo of the 4 kids (2 grands and 2 BF) standing on the beach looking out over the ocean standing side by side. Hope it works out, but "its only paint" if it turns out I'll post it and the photo.

Another nice day but I think the allergy season has arrived I am working on a 2 day headache, I suppose it could be worse.

TTFN

shipbroker
04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Worth waiting in for the courier then Doug!

Went down to Knowsley Industrial EState thisorning and it too us past your road end again.....

Getting windy here again now.

geoff

LauraRussell
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
WthrLady - lunch was FAR less intimidating than I had imagined. My supervisor seemed to want to share all the gossip from the research group rather than discuss my thesis :D

And to everyone else - I'm sorry if I am not fully engaged with everyone's goings on, there are still so many people here to get to know and you all have SO much going on!!!

LynnM
04-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Don't worry, Laura, just wave on your way through, we understand :)

ReggieS
04-24-2013, 02:22 PM
:wave: :wave: Hi all! Just a quick stop in on my way to Rutland to the alterations lady and a stop at the Pet Cage to buy cat food for Milkshake.
It's a beautiful sunny day, around 70F!
Perfect for a drive!

Darla- happy hump day, a day I will be celberating each week fairly soon. It is going to be weird having to get up and go to work each day and only having weekends to do what I want. But and that is a big BUT, I'll have a paycheck to look forward to every 2 wks!!!!!! I agree with you, I call it "RAP CRAP" all the time!

til later all! Have a great afternoon and eve!

Doug- I will try to call you tomorrow on Face to Face. It will be in our morning so your afternoon.

Reggie

laudesan
04-24-2013, 06:29 PM
JJ- OH come on everyone, it's JJ's car! ED - short for E.D., Boo Boo, Scout, Owie, Doc!, Whee! and for somereason Simon popped into my head. :D

:D I hope it isn't owie.. The first thing I did this morning was go down stairs and see if she was still there.. :p

Enjoy that tablet Doug. I am an Android fan!!!!

Laura doesn't take long to get to know all of us.. :wave:

Later........... Sun is shining..

WthrLady
04-24-2013, 06:34 PM
But see, at least you didn't FALL down the stairs......

Uschi
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Good Evening!!!

Thought I'd say Hi before the day is over!! Rained all day and it isn't exactly warm either. oh, just saw a few snow flakes:rolleyes:

I played table tennis until noon, came home, had lunch and read, had a 20 minute nap and then started painting. Painted two small ones 5 x 7", both of of the same waterlily from the RIL. Did one with the forest setting and one macro. I think we have all painted it, such a BEAUTIFUL photo that one really can't to justice to. I too painted it before as a quarter sheet and it has sold a long time ago.

I had lots of fun anyway, wonderful way to while a rainy afternoon away.

Reggie, I truly hope you will enjoy your new job!!!!

JJ, :clap: :clap: :clap: I hope it will be an absolutely wonderful, very long lasting, vehicle for you!!!

Henry, thinking of you and Leslie and sending very good thoughts!!!

Time to find something to eat. Wishing you all a good evening/moprning/day!!

:wave: Uschi

Ellen in Ont
04-24-2013, 06:51 PM
:wave: everyone,
I finished prepping and packing for the workshop for the workshop on Sunday but couldn't find the sheets of sample dots from Daniel Smith that I always take with me to show. So this afternoon I organized my whole studio and they are still missing. :crying: I must have left them at the last workshop I gave. I'll have to order another set. :rolleyes:

It snowed again last night and is just hovering around freezing. It's supposed to warm up this week but I don't know what all the Grackles are supposed to eat before the snow goes.:rolleyes:

Brian just got home from work so I need to get organized. See you all tomorrow.

Andrew
04-25-2013, 01:06 AM
But see, at least you didn't FALL down the stairs......

Anyone can fall down stairs. Falling up them is difficult, but it takes real talent to trip and fall on level ground.

First night back after a couple of shifts off. The first shift was a real wash, I was so tired I slept through most of what little daylight available. I was still so out of it, I couldn't focus on art at all.

It was nice and sunny today, but the near hurricane strength winds, made going out and painting basically impossible. But I did manage to bundle up well enough to brave the Iowa spring weather to deliver my plein air piece that sold during my recent show. The fact that someone actually liked one of my simple oil pastel plein air sketches still floors me.

I can think of a lot of names for cars. None, however, are work safe or should be used in polite company. :D

Definitly enjoy the tablet Doug. I have learned to really appreciate the Android platform. It operates so smoothly.

Andrew

laudesan
04-25-2013, 05:46 AM
But see, at least you didn't FALL down the stairs......:p

Reggie are you not working at the prison anymore?