Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
comments welcome

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Need your third eye
How ya all doing?

Pilan
09-10-2003, 07:56 PM
There is great color harmony here. The only things I see is maybe missing a few high lights. I guess I am on a light kick. Maybe highlights say on the flowers and a brighter highlight spot on the vase and touch on the greenery.

It could be my monitor.

hope this helps.

arourapope
09-10-2003, 08:00 PM
The flowers are very nice and I like their placement in the composition. I also like the background colors a lot and find it all very soothing. I epecially like that orange sneaking in behind the vase.
But I have trouble with the vase itself. The perspective on the bottom reads a bit off kilter, and being that it's blue, it jumps out at me.

Paintonbrush
09-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Hye, great guys....this is what I need...even lines -say on the vase-elude my batty brain....hubby is architecture like and he helps me a bit....I am putting it up to the mirror and maybe that will help jar my perspective.
thanks glad you mentioned both those things.

markr
09-10-2003, 08:04 PM
There's no real color seperation from the main subject ... the flowers .. to the background. Not that this is a formula for quality still lifes but I think it's gonna accentuate your subject and give it that "POP!". However, make sure you keep very subtle remnants of that color in the background. This formula helps make so many portraits successful. Try cobalt blue in different variations with burnt sieanna and a bit of white. This is a formula so it probaly won't work. But good work...
Thanks,
Mark

arourapope
09-10-2003, 08:09 PM
pretend it's a cylinder instead of a vase. If you're looking down on it, the curves will dip toward the bottom of the painting. If your looking up, the curves will dip up. Though they might appear flat when you're looking head on at it, it's a bad idea to paint it from that angle cuz it makes your work look flat....
That's what I do, anyhoo. I may be full of it, don'tcha know. :eek: :D

Paintonbrush
09-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks Markr

I am itching to keep working on this, like the wet on wet thing.
I like your color combo mix idea, I am wondering if a gradual glaze would do or scrubbing with the brush (light scrubbing)

While taking photos of this I was thinking this one might look neat sanded, then reapply....I will try that sometime, not on this sucker tho....need groceries ;-)

markr
09-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by aurorapope
pretend it's a cylinder instead of a vase. If you're looking down on it, the curves will dip toward the bottom of the painting. If your looking up, the curves will dip up. Though they might appear flat when you're looking head on at it, it's a bad idea to paint it from that angle cuz it makes your work look flat..
Ah Crikey ... This is good advice. That vase IS a cylinder, and it does want its place in this space. This vase is lacking a point of veiw.
Thanks,
Mark

jerryW
09-10-2003, 08:17 PM
petals fleshy
ceramic hard
what more
great development

HRobinson
09-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Turning it upside down may help with the vase as well. Very impressive. The stroke work looks good and that blue vase is yummy (for markr).

-Harry

Paintonbrush
09-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Yummy-Crikey
Aurora-It is a jungle in here...lol
will find that vase some more space.....;-)
upside down she goes
thanks so much guys...
priceless

Paintonbrush
09-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Jerry-
I just got that :D