PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Snow, C&C welcomed, xpost landscape

cchapin
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I haven't posted for a while and I do hope this is the last of the snow for this year! This is only the 2nd snow painting that I have done. Still trying to figure out bare trees. It is 18 x 14 on Canson Mi-Teintes Touch Paper with a watercolor underpainting and various soft pastels and a few pencils. This new canson paper is not as textured as Wallis or Uart, but I could layer quite a bit. Thanks for looking, C & C is welcome.

Deb F
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Well, this is so beautiful I can't find any fault with it. I especially love those trees on the left that just fade away into the distance. This landscape gives me the feel of one of those dark winter days when you begin to wonder if the sun will ever shine again. I think you have nailed the bare trees.

If I had to make a suggestion, the only thing I could say is perhaps some darker values in the water reflection of the bank, but I think that is just a personal preference. Thanks for showing us this lovely landscape.

toniov
04-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Very pretty and delicate. The blue, the white and the " sÚpia " form a nice harmony of colours.

artistat38
04-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Lovely painting....

Prashanti

Turpintine45
04-20-2013, 01:46 AM
It is beautiful. The trees look great I see no problems. I like the warm colours you have incorporated in the river bank it makes the snow look so much chillier! I certainly hope we have seen the last of Winter.

cchapin
04-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Thank you for all the kind comments.

allydoodle
04-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Lovely job, I can feel the chill in the air. I like the way you handled the bare trees, the use of "white" works very well.