PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Friday 19th April 2013**

shipbroker
04-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Good Morning all.

Clouds have retuned so moon gone to bed for the night

Today was supposed to be at a funeral but roofer rang to say he can do studio refelting today and tomorrow so staying at home now

Back later

geoff

Yorky
04-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Hi Geoff I'm an early bird today too. I came to bed early so woke at 3.30am.

Ruth was feeling nauseous last evening so we retired early.

Hope the roof is watertight this time.

Got my apple pie baked yesterday so only main course to cook this evenning then we're off to the theatre.

PS 7.15 am and I'm up now. It's a fine morning still breezy but plenty of blue sky around.

Doug

shipbroker
04-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Been into town and found it actually rained quite heavily during night,which I didn't hear!

Drying up now, as needs to be for roofer.

geoff

ScarletLake
04-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Hello everyone:wave: :wave:

It is 4AM here in OHIO and the rain woke me up.

I worked in the museum store last night. Unpacked boxes of new merchandise to sell in the store. I think I will watch the clearance shelf as a good time to pick up some things like note cards and such.

I'm looking forward to just spending a day with friends downtown this afternoon. I have library books to take back too.

I had my dental xrays done yesterday and nothing major. Very detailed appt and I have a couple of old fillings that need redone so next appt is end of May.

Looking forward to doing some reorganizing in the spare bedroom of art/craft supplies this weekend.

Wishing everyone a great day

Anita

laudesan
04-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Hey there...

I am watching Elise practice her gymnastics. This is there last practice before Sunday. Her team of three are very good.

Later.....

Scene Chaser
04-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Good Day All,
Rained here all night, not pouring. It is expected to continue raining all day. :(

Ms. Feral is cleaning and drying herself at my feet, and I have just finished my cereal.

Some financial transactions to complete, then some light reading before my nap. :)
Bill

CharM
04-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Good Morning! TGIF (for Darla)... More rain is on the way... we had light showers through the night.

One of the Boston Bomber suspects has been killed and there are 9,000 Police Officers searching door-to-door in Watertown, Massachusetts looking for the second suspect! :eek: The whole town has been completely locked down...

Matt came out for supper last night... just a really nice visit... we worked on updating his resume so he can send it out in search of full-time work. He's doing really well, but wants to quit his job at the Superstore so he can focus on his nursing.

I painted awhile on my iris... I'm happy with the way it's turning out, but haven't even begun to think about laying the background... :rolleyes:

Well, Geoff... I'm sorry that you've lost a friend, but glad that your roof is getting fixed! Since you didn't hear the downpour, you must have been sleeping soundly... :)

I hope that Ruth isn't coming down with anything nasty, Doug... what's on the menu for your main course?

Anita, enjoy your afternoon downtown... you deserve a break, for sure.

JJ, don't forget to take photos of Elise's event!

Precious Ms. Feral knows she's a lucky lady, Bill... Have you tried Kamut flakes? So good.

I downloaded an issue of Watercolor Magazine from our Library, onto Matt's tablet, so have that to read...

Hawltain. I sure hope that everyone has the best possible day... my freshly brewed coffee beckons... :)

Yorky
04-19-2013, 07:57 AM
I hope that Ruth isn't coming down with anything nasty, Doug... what's on the menu for your main course?
Ruth is feeling much better today Char.

I'm going for the easy option :)

First course is pre-made Tomato and Basil soup from the store, second course is chicken breast in mushroom and onion sauce served with mini carrots, sliced beans and mashed potato. Dessert is apple pie or Chocolate cake with poured cream/ice cream. Cheese and biscuits with coffee to follow.

We're following the news from Boston on TV. Hope they catch the other one. Sorry about the police officer.

Doug

shipbroker
04-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Menu sounds nice Doug.....

Daily Telegraph have an article about Pronce Charles and his paintings, apparently you can view some on their website.

Char......no I missed the rain,possibly because there wasn't any wind with it...

geoff

olliewood0702
04-19-2013, 08:20 AM
TGIF...to you too CHAR!:thumbsup:

What a mess in Boston; but they got one of the bombers, actually you might as well say he had a suicide wish with a bomb strapped to his chest. They went on a rampage and all of Boston is locked down; the whole city. Un-real; It must have been a scary night for many people.

It poured all night and we have flooding all around us. One of the roads that I travel on to come into work was flooded over. I drove slow through it because it wasn't a lake it was just a field flooded over.

We are still :crossfingers: that our sump pump keeps holding up. When we left home this morning it was running every 30 seconds again. It's supposed to be sunny and dry but cold this weekend. As long as it's dry then some of this water will dry up.

We have a Marathon this weekend taking place here in the Capital City and they had to re-route the course because of river flooding in some areas.

Larry and I are leaving after we get out at 5pm for up north. It's a 4 hour drive so we'll arrive late.

I hope your day is all that you hoped it would be.

Sending ((())) to all in need and waving to all who've visited the wash and all who are yet to come.

G'DAY:wave: :heart:

Strawberry Wine
04-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Good Day Washers Overcast and 15 C this morning. Yesterday's tmeperature reached 19 C Then the rain and wind started. We were lucky as no significant limbs or trees are down here. There is a section of our major road (Woodbine Ave) that has a section with 20 hydro poles down just north of Newmarket .

Char, I have been meaning to tell you that Nancy lives under 10 minutes from the Curry's store in Whitby. She picked me up the low ordour fixative so your painting is fixed and varnished. So if there is anything you need when you come here just let me know. Wondering what you are doing for balance exercises ? Mine is worser !:)

Sylvia, your crustada looks yummy. Is it encased in a regular pie crust dough?

Bill said " Some financial transactions to complete, then some light reading before my nap".
No wonder you will need a nap... :lol: Bill, you need a little bit more excitement in your life.

I have to keep this short as one of Dan's Rx's was unavailable yesterday so need to pick it up this morning and pick up a few more things while I am out.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

painterbear
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just after 9:00 a.m. here in cooling temps Oakwood. We started the day in the 60°Fs, but are going downward for the rest of the day. They are even saying we may have freeze temps in the morning one day this weekend. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad they killed one of the two bombers so at least he can't kill any more police or civilians. I hope they capture the second one alive to get the reason behind this awful attack. One of the victims of the bombing who lost both is legs said the second bomber (the one on the loose) looked him right in the face as he put his bomb-loaded backpack down on the ground by his legs. He identified him from some of the surveillance photos for the FBI and that was part of the info they used to narrow the search.

Discovered yesterday that we can now give threads a * Rating again like we used to do. Check this out (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314738) for how to do it. :D

Char,
That recipe for the Apple Gallette you linked to yesterday sounds a lot like the way I make my Crostada. I copied the part about making the glazing syrup from the apple skins though and will add that to my recipe. It sounds like a nice finishing touch. :crossfingers: Matt can get a full time job using his nursing credentials. I worked two jobs like that when I was going to college... secretary in Philadelphia during the day, took the train home, ate dinner, then off to Howard Johnson's Restaurant as a waitress in the evening. It's a tough schedule to keep up for very long. Good luck to him in his job search.

Gail, I use my regular pie dough recipe for a single crust pie as the base for the crostada. Try it the next time you feel like having some apple pie. ;)

We had a heavy rain overnight, but fortunately the high winds and thunder and lightning they were saying we might get didn't materialize. :D

Doug, Your dinner menu sounds yummy. I'm glad Ruth is feeling better today.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

LynnM
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi all, dashing out, grocery day, BBL..................

Flattwo
04-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi to All

Geoff, I enjoyed the Price Charles painting programme, most interesting, old Queen Vic was quite talented

Prince Charles is my favourite Royal, a bit of a rogue, which I like, view his online gallery here http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/life-in-pictures

A beautiful sunny day here

Waiting for a call from the hospital to pick Lesley up, I have to inject her with clot busting drugs until she goes back in :eek:

Speak later

Henry

Scene Chaser
04-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Char, I'm sure Matt will find a full-time job in time, and he'll be outstanding.
I eat a cereal I buy from Amazon called Nature's Path. It's all organic old whole grains: spelt, amaranth,quinoa, barley, etc. I love the taste and I mix it with raisins and almonds.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2013/83119-natures_path_cereal.jpg

Geoff, I have a book of watercolors by Prince Charles. He's quite good. I don't think its available any longer.
We should try to get him to join WC.

Darla, my sump runs on and off from late January to the end of May. I was worried of the storms yesterday because if the electricity goes out, I will need backup. I took the time to make sure my generator was working and would start easily if I needed it. I set it up at the end of the garage door with it's cord ready. I had a receptacle installed thirteen years ago to feed electricity to the whole house. That way my boiler, sump pump, refrigerator, freezer and especially the coffee pot would all work. Even my TV works with it. Think about it as it will give you good peace of mind.

Gail, :lol: You are right about the need for excitement. I usually only sleep five hours at night, and I know that's not enough to stay healthy, so I try to get more later. My nap gave me another two hours and I feel much better.
I hope Dan's surgery went well.

Sylvia, glad you didn't get violent storms. They skipped us too.

Bill

kaypainter
04-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi all,

Well I was out of commission yesterday with a monster migraine. Haven't had one of those in months! My own fault really. Ate some things I shouldn't have and boom. Ah well.

Last jewelry class of this session today. Next one starts in May, but it's only five weeks. Then tonight I am going out to dinner with my SIL who is down this way for a conference.

Finished one pendant and am finishing up a cuff. Both turned out rather well. Have to decide what to work on in class. I like to try and do things in class I can't do at home because I don't have that equipment. Right now my brain's a bit foggy.

Listened all night to the manhunt for the second bomber in Boston as I didn't sleep all that well, mainly because I'd been sleeping off and on all day when my head would let me.

Darla drive safely. It'll be great to see your mom.

Bill Ms. Feral looks an awful lot like my Esme. That cereal looks good. I'll have to check it out.

Doug sounds like a lovely meal. What's the play?

Henry hope you get a sale on your watercolors. (((()))))for you and Lesley. Blasting white light your way. You'll get the hang of the injections. It's nerve wracking at first.

Sylvia that crostada looks yummy. Blueberries sounds good too.

:crossfingers: Char for Matt finding a full time job.

Geoff and Henry, not sure I still have it, but I used to have a book on Queen Victoria's watercolors.

Hope you have a lovely day with friends Anita.

Okay I'm going to attempt organization here. :eek:

:wave: :wave: to all and HAWLTAIN

Kay

CharM
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Rain, rain, rain...

I've been catching up on some Service Club stuff that needed doing... and like Bill, had some financial stuff to do... I'm just having my lunch now and then we plan to run to town. I'm invited to a baby shower for my Niece and I need to pick up her gift. I need to get my hair trimmed and coloured as well...

Bill, we buy that brand also... Nature's Path has several different grains and the one we're using this time is the Kamut. It's almost sweet tasting.

I don't think I need anything Gail, but thanks... I may need some paper, but I'll have that shipped. With the free shipping offer, it's easy peasy when I need to put in a paper order because I buy a lot of at least 20 sheets.

((Dan)) Hoping everything went well and he's got super seeing! :)

You dinner sounds yummy, Doug! Chicken and mushrooms is such a nice pairing.

Geoff, speaking of wind, you'll have to hang onto your hat over here!

Have a safe drive, Darla and Larry, and enjoy your visit!

:wave: Lynn...

Henry... Charles really didn't gain much favour over here... I think that over time a lot of the anger over his behaviour with Dianna has softened a little. ((Lesley)) Those injections aren't too hard to do... I had to do mine after each of my hip surgeries... and Uschi's 'cause she was a chicken! :lol:

((Kay)) So sorry about the migraine... I've never had one, so I consider myself incredibly lucky!

Lunch is finished... time to get on with things.

LynnM
04-19-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm back, with bags of groceries, all put away. Dress has gone to a happy owner, thank goodness. Now I want to settle to painting.

The wind is howling around our building, and yet the temp is very warm, I hope the worst is done.

They carry that cereal at our local bulk barn, I like it too, Bill.

Love your comment, Kay
"Okay I'm going to attempt organization here. :eek: " That is my goal too today, will start with the kitchen.

Have a rewarding day everyone! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

WthrLady
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Morning all ! I was done with work at 630am and took the rare opportunity to slide back into a warm bed. WOW. I've been listening to the pitter pat of slight rain all morning. The high of 65 is a welcome change to the 90s.

Henry and Lesley - I'm thinking of you daily.

Bill - It is out of print, but I bought mine at a resale bookseller. I read it again and again, about every two months. http://www.hpbmarketplace.com/booksearch.detail?invid=11021914886&keyword=hrh+charles+watercolor&qwork=2193629&qsort=&page=1&cm_sp=inventory*listing*title

The boy goes on his 20 mile hike tomorrow. I hope the hill they are hiking on dries out a tad.

Waving to all. Have a good day!

Scene Chaser
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Caryl, darn! :lol: I was hoping it was worth more. $12?

Kay, my wife, Janet, takes some nutritional supplements that have completely abolished her migraines. I'll send a pm.

Lynn, wish I didn't have to order that cereal on line, but no retailer around here sells it.
Bill

shipbroker
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Henry....quite agree about Charles.....it was only his love life that rattled me, but he is following in a long line of Royals who practiced elsewhere!

Yes Queen Victoria was good, I had not realised how good she was......Seem to remember someone here had Charles book ' The Old Man of Lochnagar' which he illustrated...

Well the sun has shone here after the rain and the two roofers worked on through lunch with me making tea every hour for them.....so after all this time 'job done'...no more leaks,hopefully...and a decent reduction in the bill as I paid them on finishing.....however, and there is always a however here, the garage, which is 21ft x 21ft is apparently in a worse condition feltwise than the studio.......so have asked them for a quote for that too........

Off to cut the grass whilst still nice........

Henry.......best wishes to Lesley....

geoff

Starsprite
04-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Just popping in to show off the newest addition to my home gallery! :) I am very very pleased with the way it looks framed. The frame is a leather covered wooden frame, very nice and quite expensive!

You know the artist.......is well-known here on the Watercolor Forum. :) Maybe you can read the signature, or maybe you remember seeing it or recognize his/her style.

I expressed an interest in the painting as I had viewed it in the Gallery here and it just touched my heart as it reminded me of me and my youngest daughter Jessica who is 23 now :eek: and was getting married soon, as we take a lot of walks together, especially when she was younger. Anyway, I love this painting and am so happy that I now own it!!!

P.S. I'm doing well, am actually working on a painting now, for the first time since Christmas so will post when finished. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2013/6385-IMG_1600.JPG1_600_x_479.jpg

LynnM
04-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Lucky you, Patty, it is lovely, and I remember when Henry posted it the first time.

Bill, I'd appreciate that information about the migranes, too, I am nervous of supplements as I seem to get more headaches whenever I take any strange compound, but am always willing to try. Yes, too bad you can't get the cereal locally. We are lucky here, several places carry it, even the big grocers.

Char, that sounds like a good version, the Kamut. I'll have to try it. Rain here too, but wind has gone down, thank goodness.

Good luck with your 'however', Geoff! it was all the 'howevers' that made me stop owning property, couldn't keep up with them.

Hi Caryl!

My order from the Fine Art Store arrived today, along with a custom's bill, always the risk with ordering online. But I couldn't get the choice in pan pastels at Curry's, and the Rochester store has good prices. Next time I'll check the one in Edmonton, perhaps they have the pans.

WthrLady
04-19-2013, 02:31 PM
OH you got an "OH HENRY!" Painting! I say that EVERYTIME I see one of his works! Lucky you!

Scene Chaser
04-19-2013, 02:32 PM
A good choice for your gallery, Patty. I remember the painting well.
Glad you are doing well. Join us in the Wash more often.

Geoff, a little extra corgiality goes a long way sometimes. :thumbsup:

Bill

olliewood0702
04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
:clap: :clap: COngratulations Patty, it's beautiful and I happen to LOVE this particular artist's work too.:thumbsup:

The wind here is un-real! SOOO gusty and strong and it got FREEZING out.:eek: :confused: grr....I said I wasn't going to haul my winter coat back out but I might have to eat my words.:rolleyes:

Drinking hot tea to keep warm.

I have all my data entry done for the day so I'm just playing a little on the internet.:evil:

They STILL haven't caught that other bomber. THey'd better hurry up because to keep a city that size under lockdown is costing them tons of money! They have a huge force of local police, FBI, SWAT, State police there that one would think they could find him.

The explosion in Texas was really sad. It was horrific and devastating for those around the plant. I'm sure the body count will rise yet.

I talked to my Mom and we are going to my sister's son's place along with them and my Mom for dinner tomorrow night. That will be nice. IT's their wedding anniversary.

I'll see you all on Monday morning; thanks for all the wishes for a good weekend and safe travels.:wave: :heart:

Starsprite
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Well....looks like I couldn't stump ya'll at all about who the artist is!!! Yup, Caryl, I'm the proud owner of an OH HENRY!! :lol:

I will try to poke my head in here more often, and comment. I do lurk here every now and then to see how things are going here, though I don't have as much time lately to paint, working fulltime and taking care of my little (well actually big for his age) grandson, Jimmy who is 3 now.

I have the tv on while working and wishing they would hurry up and catch that 2nd bomber! I just don't see how he got away this morning when they killed his brother and has been able to hide so long. I guess him possibly/probably having bombs on him is what is causing most of the trouble.

Take care and also (((((((to Henry and Lesley)))))) and hoping for a very quick recovery for Lesley. :crossfingers: :heart: