PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Thursday 18th April 2013 ***

Yorky
04-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Good morning all. Raining again.

Looks like we had strong winds overnight, the garden is in chaos with plant pots overturned, chairs etc scattered around :rolleyes:

Art class this morning then baking an apple pie this afternoon.

Doug

Ellen in Ont
04-18-2013, 02:37 AM
:wave: everyone,
I am at work and you can see it is slow enough that I can have a coffee and check in here.:thumbsup:

Good morning Doug and all who follow. There is a warning for ice pellets and freezing rain today. I will trade for your regular rain anytime. :rolleyes:

Not much else to say at this time of the morning. Have a creative day everyone.

Yorky
04-18-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi Ellen, it really isn't April weather here either.

Doug

doppler
04-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Good evening Doug and Ellen and all to follow.

Its not like April here either. Too warm.

Homefront is good. Puter back from hospital after a heart lung transplant. Just needs to be shook down some. Roger just got a hug. :heart:

Work was forever except I scuttled out 15 minutes early .... read don't get between me and the front door with the beckoning of freedom.

In his retirement Roger has noticed that the garden is very bedraggled. Not all our fault because of all the rain but we shall be doing serious weeding and cutting and mowing on the weekend. Will have to order the huge sugarcane bales we buy from the produce store to dump over it all. Bare earth invites weeds.

More grief from Texas ((((())))))

Yorky
04-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Hi Annie, take care. I just did my back in clearing up the storm mess :rolleyes:

Doug

doppler
04-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Clue to healing Doug. Whinge and moan and catch oneself on the side as you stagger upward from the blessed seat. If that doesn't work .... Bleat. Works for me :lol:

Yorky
04-18-2013, 03:42 AM
:lol:

Doug

painterbear
04-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:00 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. The morning wake up bird is sitting in a tree outside my window and chirping away so prettily. It's nice to hear that sound again.

We are having warm weather again today...80F/26C is forecast. I think I'll plant my lettuce and swiss chard today. Have to plan where things are going in first. I try to rotate where I put the tomatoes each year, I'm not sure why, but I read that's a good thing to do. Let the squirrel wars begin. :mad:

Have to start the search for a reference to paint for my art class. Nita is concentrating on weather for this session. So I'll check out the RIL to see if I can find some interesting cloud formations or something.

Doug, Sounds like pretty powerful winds to cause so much havoc. Have fun in art class and baking your pie.

Annie, It's going to take Roger a while to adjust to his new retired life, but eventually he may actually begin to enjoy having time to do things he couldn't do before. Larry spends a lot of his free time keeping our 70+ year old house in shape. :D

The tragedy in Texas was in a fertilizer plant, haven't read much about it yet but I don't think it was caused deliberately. Unlike the tragedy in Boston where someone planned the carnage. :mad: :sad:

Ellen, We've had a couple of rain storms in our area this week where there was hail...some described as "golf-ball sized" hail! Imagine that hitting a car or your shingles on the roof. :eek:

Thinking of all who are ailing or caring for those who are. :grouphug:

SYL,

Sylvia

Scene Chaser
04-18-2013, 06:44 AM
Good Day All,
Thundering and lightening here for the last several hours. Can't sleep in that.
The yard is flooded once again and the pouring on and off is expected through tomorrow.
It's my fault as I washed both cars yesterday.

Doug, hope the pain is not severe.

Bill

shipbroker
04-18-2013, 07:01 AM
Good afternoon ( well it will be when I finish this message)

Didn't come in first thing as it wouldn't let me initially then,like Doug, had to pick up all the plant pots strewn around the garden. It is still 60mph plus here and was no good for golf...balls moved quicker on the greens with wind than putts.....but we did 10 holes and that was enough.

Feeding (Spanish) Les with Turkey Curry for lunch so must away to Thirsk Racecourse Caravan site to collect him...

geoff

laudesan
04-18-2013, 07:23 AM
:wave:

olliewood0702
04-18-2013, 08:35 AM
HAppy THursday all,

Guess what??? Guess what?? Last evening we bought an I-Pad! :smug: Bought a case for it too; from Best Buy. We decided not to buy the Kindle-Fire HD...we went for the Apple.:thumbsup: So by the time I got home we'd missed a little of American Idol but watched the rest of it while fiddling with the new toy. I think we'll like it.

That explosion must have been HUGE in Texas. A man recorded it as he was sitting in his truck with his daughter. It was just a huge fire at that time and then suddenly the camera goes white and you can hear a huge explosion and he was thrown on top of his daughter and he said the truck lifted off the ground. I'm sure they'll find many more injuries and deaths before it's all over with. I guess I never knew that a fertlizer plant could be so dangerous. Unless the fire broke out and a natural gas line was the cause of the explosion.:confused: Anyway it's :crying:

I hope they find the suspect that they are looking for in the Boston bombings.:crossfingers:

It's almost Friday....and we will leave AFTER we both get out of work at 5pm for our hometown visit with my Mom. It always makes a late night but we don't have a choice as I couldn't really take off because there are quite a few people already off on Friday. I really don't like to travel 4 hours when we are tired form a long work day but we've done it before.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure I'll be able to drop in here or not but I'll try.

The storms were un-real last evening. I've never seen such wicked lightning; streaking across the sky and the thunder! It was like explosions...it just rocked Best Buy when we were in there.:eek: Some dangerous storms indeed. The rain was pouring in drenching buckets too. We have flood watches for this whole area.

I hope you all have a most wonderful day and are able to wet your brushes if you so chose.

G'Day:wave: :heart:

Strawberry Wine
04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Good Day Washers !

Raining here as well. Yesterday was a good day. Took Pearl to the park for chuck it ball fetch then came home and cleaned up my outdoor potting bench. Now I can actually work on it as soon as the weather permits.

41 years ago my eldest, Mark, came into this world. It doesn't seem possible that my baby is 41. :eek:

Dan is heading down to Newmarket for his cataract surgery in 20 minutes or so. My SIL is taking him and bringing him home again as I am not quite ready for that much driving yet.

Ellen, ICU is quiet, that is rare... You will most likely pay for this quiet coffee and internet break. :)

Sylvia, a bird chirping at 6:00 a.m. has to be a Robin.
Here is a weird cloud formation for you taken a few years ago over Lake Huron. I think it may be in the RIL already.. If you are interested and it is not there let me know and I will email it to you.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2013/13320-incoming_storm_for_web_.jpg

Carol should be here in a few minutes to pick up Dan so I will :wave: to all and BBL

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning... When I tried to check in earlier, our internet was down so no browsing at all... it stormed throughout the night and our hydro was out at 7:00 when I finally gave in to the KittyAlarms.

Yesterday's Class was fun. I'd sent the group home with a couple of assignments last week and they did their homework with aplomb... We talked about each of their struggles and challenges. I think they learned more from trying the little paintings on their own than anything I could *lead* them with. We began value studies this week and they'll be finishing up a monochrome painting by the end of next week's last session.

I'll have to hurry here because I'm off to the gym this morning for my second of three Personal Trainer sessions. I hope she guides me through her stretching exercises again as they seemed to help awhile.

We're expecting more storms today with 25C temperatures, while North of us are going to get freezing rain and snow! :eek: What?

My prayers are certainly with the victims of the horrific explosion in West Texas.

You have a busy day ahead, Doug. I'll have a slice of pie, thank you, with a small piece of old cheddar... :) ((gentle hug for your poor back))

Ellen, how nice that you actually had a few free minutes at work! We'll think of you today as we try to keep cool... *smirk*

In his retirement, Roger could un-bedraggle the gardens, Annie! :lol: (I'm sure he will...) :thumbsup: for a revived computer!

Hiya Syl... Nita's brilliant! What a great idea for focusing your classes on! Even though both Ted and I are retired, we still have trouble with adjusting our routine... groceries... we are STILL fighting the weekend crowds... Why? I dunno... :lol:

Bill... sorry that your yard is flooded... but we need all this rain to raise up the water tables that had become so low... so, we can't complain... you'll just have to paint today if you can't work outside! :)

Fighting the wind to play golf just doesn't sound like much fun, Geoff! I'm sure you'll have a nice lunch with your friend!

:clap: Darla! A new toy is always such fun in discovering what it'll do for you... And, even better, a trip planned to visit you Mom. :heart:

Hi JJ and all yet to come... I need to get ready to head out the door... I hope your day is the very best possible! :heart: Hug a loved one.

Uschi
04-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

We too had a a thunderstorm at some point in the night. I didn't check the time, just closed the window and back to sleep.

Overcast, but light. It's going to be 22C today and then drop right back down to 6C tomorrow.

I have the scrabble group here today, that will be fun.

Bunny hasn't found a new hole because some crocuses are blooming again. Unfenced front yard is another story:rolleyes:

Sylvia, I finished reading the newest Maisie Dobbs novel, wonder where she is going with this or if it is the end.

Darla, wishing you a good trip and great couple of days with your mom!!

Doug, take good care of your back. Is the Apple Pie for dinner and theater with your friends?

Bill :lol:

Geoff, the wind might have helped your shots:D

Annie, is the sugarcane stuff like straw or mulch??

I slept in this morning and now I am hungry,

:wave: and thinkling of our sick friends!!

EDIT: Well, once again I cross posted with Char AND Gail.

Gail, I hope Dan's operation goes well. That is a lovely photo, I think Sylvia would have to take the photo along with the painting in order for people to believe that this is natural:)

Char, AAAAHHH it hurts sooooo good:lol:

Uschi

Yorky
04-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Darla - new iPad Woohoo! Check out the Sketchclub app, excellent value and you will find Yorky on the built in forum.

Apple is ready, pastry is in the fridge. Yes, it is for the pre-theatre dinner Uschi.

Hope Dan's operation is a complete success, I am sure it will be.

Horrific explosion in Texas, hope they find lots of survivors.

Beautiful cloud formation Gail. Reminds me of the clouds of steam which used to belch from the quenching tower at the nearby coking plant where I lived as a boy.

The yard is flooded once again and the pouring on and off is expected through tomorrow.
It's my fault as I washed both cars yesterday.

Hope it didn't get into your garage Bill.

Back pain isn't full blown sciatica, it is limited to my lower back. I have 2 weeks to rid myself of it before we go to Ilfracombe and when I'll need to push Ruth's wheelchair.

It's a beautiful afternoon, must be 16C.61F out there. I had to forsake bowls.

Doug

NancyR
04-18-2013, 09:33 AM
West is about 1 1/2 hours from where we live. We did not feel anything and did not know about it until our local news station broke into programming.

Note to self: Do not live in a rural Texas town with volunteer firefighters and a fertilizer plant without any "zoning" ordinances.

So, sad. It is just a very tiny town on a major highway between Dallas and Austin. Today we have rain storms moving through the area which does not help in search and rescue. :crying:

Darla, I'm so glad you went with the iPad. You will not be sorry. I have two and use them all the time. The oldest one goes with me to work now that we have free wifi at work.

Got to run and start working. Hugs to all in need.

Scene Chaser
04-18-2013, 10:16 AM
The water is actually starting to recede, and the storm is west and north of me heading for Ellen. It's a long storm which reaches from Texas to Canada.
Bill

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2013/83119-radar.jpg

painterbear
04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Good Morning again,
The sun is shining brightly but the weather forecast is for possibility of severe storms overnight. I think it is when the system Bill has shown ^^^ will reach our area. :rolleyes:

Char,
I always send my class home with a "homework" assignment which basically is to practice whatever we worked on in class. Some do it, others are lax, but I figure it is up to them how much they really want to learn. I do know that the ones who practice at home are improving while the others are staying in place. Gee, who woulda' thought that???? ;)

Larry and I go to one grocery store on Sunday morning before it gets too crowded and the other one on Tuesday or Wednesday. We discovered we can preview their weekly brochures on line on Saturday, so we know where the best buys are each week....one place will have apples for $.99/lb and the other for $1.49/lb, for example.

Gail, I love that image. I've dragged it onto my desktop and put it in the file of weather photos I'm collecting. Thanks for the photo. Hope Dan's eye surgery went well. Happy Birthday to your "baby" Mark. Doesn't it seem like yesterday when he was a little kid????

Uschi, I think the end of this novel opens up a whole new world for Daisy to explore and solve mysteries in, don't you? ;) Your bunnies sound like annoying cousins to our squirrels, except they can't just nonchalantly climb your fence. :mad:

Darla, As a fond iMac user, I think you are going to enjoy your new iPad. Have a safe drive up to visit your Mom and enjoy the time you spend with her. I'm sure she is looking forward to seeing you too.

Doug, I've started making apple crostadas now instead of pies...much easier and quicker. You just make the pastry for a single crust, mix up your apples and spices, lay them out willy-nilly along the middle of the crust and flip the edges in all around them leaving a space in the middle. Bake as usual until the crust is done and the apples cooked. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yummy. This is a photo from the web, I make mine more oval shaped, but you get the idea. ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2013/9833-crostada.jpg

Just heard Larry come home from the Library, so will go to see what goodies he found.

SYL,

Sylvia

Scene Chaser
04-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Sylvia, I love the idea of the Crostadas. It looks yummy.

Ms. Feral has taken a liking to my chair and I've had to move to another.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2013/83119-relaxed_cat.JPG

Bill

olliewood0702
04-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Gail that pic is FABULOUS! Such beautiful light houses along Lake Huron and Lake Michigan. Thinking of Dan and his surgery and praying they do a fine job and for safe travels for him to and from. Good that you didn't try to drive him; that would have been a lot of time in the car.

Bill, yup severe storms are in our forecast, damaging hail and high winds; with a chance for tornado's. Another 2-3" of rain today and tonight.:rolleyes: AWWW...Ms Feral is so lovely!

I forgot to tell you what we had in our firepit on Sunday. A possum! Kaitlyn and Kelsea went out to chase him away and he just waddled slowly and guess where he went? Right UNDER our shed! :eek: I'm afraid we'll have tiny possum's running around in the near future.:confused:

(((Doug))), praying your back heals quickly and that it won't hinder your trip in any way. I'm so excited about the new toy; now I can't wait to go home tonight and play with it. I'm sure we'll love it. We bought the 32g one and a 2 year warranty. Have fun baking your pie; I'm sure it'll be good.

Sylvia, that crostada looks DELICIOUS! I love apple pie with vanilla ice cream....yum.

My doctor yesterday wants me to go on a wheat free diet in order to get my irritable bowel to calm down. She says even a wheat sensitivity will cause a spastic colon to act up. It doesn't even have to be an allergy. She thought the CSD(Carbohydrate specific diet from the 'Breaking the vicious cycle' book) was quite restrictive and that this would be worth a try before doing such a strict one. I have to go back after our trip and see how I'm doing. It will be HARD though as wheat gluten is in EVERYTHING. I'll do my best but during our trip, but I'll probably have to cheat a bit.:evil: Wheat and corn are the most GMO foods and she said we are just processed to death with all the convenience foods and it's killing us. She also said that you can lose weight on this diet. I've been reading that wheat causes a big belly and makes one crave sugar/sweets. :confused: So a trip to the grocery store and lots of label reading will be in my future.:thumbsup:

I received an order yesterday at work from Daniel Smith...just like Christmas.:D I ordered some masa paper, few tubes of paint, watercolor journal and new brush.:clap:

Nancy, do you mean that fertilizer plant wasn't regulated? Oh my...such a tragedy.

Gotta get back to my data entry now.:wave:

Uschi
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
I just came here to announce that the Canada Geese are back on top of the roofs loudly advertising their ware! It's probably only the male ones making sure the females hear and see them:lol: :lol: Spring must have arrived or be very close:crossfingers:

Bill, utter contentment!! No sign of her having this terribe fear of being trapped in the place she loves. I think we missed most of this nastiness (weather) by an inch:) Actually have sun, on and off.

Sylvia, I hope I still like her new direction, if that is what it is.

Doug, won't be long now and the lovely apple pie will be history:)

Nancy, you never know what can happen, we can just :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

I have to wash the kitchen floor so I can impress my visitors:)

Uschi

NancyR
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Darla, The plant was right next to houses, an apartment building, and a school. Since it is a small town, I am sure there were no zoning regulations on where factories/plants could be built. There are many areas in Texas without strict zoning...Houston is one of those areas. Our local area has very strict zoning ordinances (laws). Our industrial parks do not allow houses to built across the street. There are buffer laws.

Flattwo
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi to All

My previous post vanished!

Lesley might get home tomorrow for a few days, then back in for a biopsy. it will be great to have her here for a few days!

I have a couple visiting on Sunday to view watercolours they are interested in, don't know which ones, but they saw them on my blog pages

Bill, great shot of Ms Feral, is that her nearly tamed now?

Doug, I hope your nerve pain clears up before your holiday, can you hire an electric wheel chair for Ruth?

The US is having a hard time of it at the moment, my thoughts go to the victims and their families

Back to painting

Speak later

JudyL
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi :wave:

Doug, April!? The year we planted our 16 rose bushes in our front garden, it snowed, were concerned for our babies but they are hardy stuff.

Bill Ms Feral looks so content, too bad you cannot make a cat flap but sadly the racoon would take it as an invitation as well.
Our neighbor in Campbell woke up one morning to find a racoon in his kitchen. The greedy pig ate all the cat food and could not get out the cat flap :eek:

Jack on his run, I have to go to Fresh and Easy the shop owned by Tesco? well they are closing and they are my only source of back bacon, and do not try to tell my that Canadian bacon is the same, CB is more like ham! Any way I need to stock up ! :mad:

Gail I would love a copy of that photograph!

mustache

Yorky
04-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Good to hear Lesley can come home for a few days Henry. Good luck with the sales.

Doug, I hope your nerve pain clears up before your holiday, can you hire an electric wheel chair for Ruth?

Not worth it Henry, we only have one free day in Ilfracombe, we'll be tripping off to Bideford, Clovelly, Dunster and Exmoor on the other days. I hope to spend the day sketching in and around Ilfracombe on our spare day.

Hi Judy, good to hear Jack is still running. He must be feeling good.

Doug

CharM
04-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Good afternoon from a wild and Windy SW Ontario... the rain's on its way, I think coming out of the southwest.

Home from the gym, I had a quick lunch and put my feet up for a bit. My Trainer worked me like a dog! :lol: She's teaching me stretches that I've never, ever done in all my years of physio therapy. Yes, Uschi, it hurts like a blue b*tch!

It's really not a great day for yard work. I'll paint this afternoon, I think. I've been working on my Kumihimo disk, too, making bracelets for Christmas gift-giving. I was able to buy some pretty hemp cord that gives them a nice, natural look.

When we got home, Ted put a loaf of bread in the machine. It'll soon be time to remove it for the second rise in its cast iron loaf pan. We're finding that a loaf lasts about 2-3 days... I dry out the heels and crush them in my food processor for breading crumbs.

We've been thinking of Dan today, Gail... I'm glad you didn't try to drive him, though. I don't know how your post slipped in before mine! :) I love that photo.

Take care with your back, Doug!

Nancy, I thought the same thing when I saw this morning's news... I wonder if the plant was built before or after the homes... :(

Bill, apparently the second stage of the storm will arrive around dinner time tonight... we're expecting more heavy rain. Beautiful photos of Ms. Feral!

Sylvia, is that the same thing as a galette?

Darla, you're beginning a whole new lifestyle and it isn't as challenging as you imagine... avoid canola oil, soy products, zucchini, sugar beets, corn and wheat... 100% organic wheat, kamut, spelt, red fife and teff have different protein strands that make them easier to digest. That's why we're making our own bread. You'll begin to feel better very quickly!

I have to wash the kitchen floor so I can impress my visitors You'd have laughed at me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Henry's ((Lesley))... :crossfingers: for lots of sales on Sunday!

Judy, you've probably never really had true Canadian Bacon... it's not even remotely close to ham... :) Here, it's called pea meal bacon due to the way it's cured.

All righty... I hope your day is happy and creative!

JudyL
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Char, I hope so, I'd love to try it, (uncured?) but this "Brit" bacon is like streaky bacon with no fat, the loin. In anycase the only place I can find it is closing so I need to go fill my freezer.

LynnM
04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
:wave: Good Day! mixed sun and cloud here, quite pleasant out there, I could walk without hat and gloves. But from that diagram, Bill, I got home in time, we are bound to get some of that later.

Mrs. Feral looks like she is saying, don't you dare push me off! She knows she is in charge :)

Lovely crostada, Sylvia, makes me want to bake!

Darla, I just got an i-pad mini as a gift, aren't they a lot of fun! Took me all afternoon just getting it set up, I'm going to try the graphics program Doug suggested. It arrived showing Chinese language, had to phone Apple in the end to find the way to change the text. I was sure one page was a list of countries, but which one was Canada?! I just hadn't found the 'back' button.

Nice that Lesley can come home for a few days, Henry. Good luck with the sales.

Ouch, Doug, take it easy! I have found that losing some weight has helped in the lower back area, I am getting fewer pulls and chronic aches.

(((Char))) it is worth it :)

Have a good rest of the day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

NancyR
04-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Plant was there first and it is owned by Red Adair's family. So, the town grew up around the plant. You can see it on Google Earth.

shipbroker
04-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Evening all....

Still windy but some improvement...less than 60mph now...but sky totally clear apart from the moon so a cold night forecast...I have been and drained the caravan water system down just in case!

Doug...when are you off to Ilfracombe etc....? We are in Southport from Monday next pm and your details are already logged!

Bill.....Has Janet sorted your Irish trip out yet?? We will be there, in The Wicklows, from afternoon of the 16th returning on 21st May.....only day not free so far is the Sunday for the Church services etc...

Well I did my planning of the acrylic for the birthday present...did it in charcoal for a change and now I know where things should be I have given another coat of gesso.......At the same time I found a smaller canvas and started drawing,same subject, straight on it with a Sharpie...something I have not used before for art work.....rather impressed by result in black and white to date and going to persue picture further.

geoff

Yorky
04-18-2013, 03:50 PM
We leave 1st May Geoff. Just give us a ring when you are within range :)

Doug

shipbroker
04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Cheers Doug will do..

geoff

Europa
04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Still windy here in downtown Wigan - the trees at the back of the house were creaking during the night - fortunately none were blown down - phew!!

Had an interesting visitor earlier - a guy who was trying to find family members of someone in the Walsh family who had died without leaving an heirs....seems there was an estate to distribute.

He visited Jamie first who put him onto me - we did explain that my grandfather Harry wasn't Mum's biological father but he said that if it could be proved that although my grandad didn't officially 'adopt' my Mum but that she was to all intent and purposes seen as being his daughter there may be a chance.

We think Mum actually had the surname Walsh on her wedding certificate so he is going to check it out for us. One can only hope :crossfingers: I managed to fill in some details for him that he hadn't got and Mum was able to verify some of his facts.

Nothing much else to report - gotta make a move I have a phone call to make.....so will send love and hugs all around.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx :wave:

painterbear
04-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi again,
Zipping through on my way up to bed. Starting a new P. D. James book tonight. :D

Sylvia, is that the same thing as a galette?

Char, I hadn't heard of a galette, but when I looked it up, it does look pretty much the same thing. Crostada is the Italian name; galette, the French one. The Galette recipe I found used a blueberry filling which sounded delicious too. I've made my crostada with pears sometimes as well as apples. Either way it is very easy and tasty. Much easier than a two-crust pie. ;)

Henry, I'm so glad your Lesley is coming home for a few days. Hope you have lots of sales of your beautiful watercolor paintings.

:wave: to all who were here between my visits, I'm off to bed now.

SYTomorrow.

Sylvia

Andrew
04-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Sylvia, I love the idea of the Crostadas. It looks yummy.

Ms. Feral has taken a liking to my chair and I've had to move to another.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2013/83119-relaxed_cat.JPG

Bill

Good Grief! This looks so much like (a younger version) of our cat Isabela. She is 18 now, and runs about the house like a maniac and is definitely the one in charge.

Andrew

Andrew
04-18-2013, 11:13 PM
I have been away for awhile. I apparently have missed quite a bit.

Work is going well, and definitely closer to getting my dear wife and pets relocated and getting the old homestead sold and out of my hair. Have a few houses to look at and still need to look over general finances.

The art show I participated in went well. My finished and framed stuff hung out on the back wall, and the director put several of my unframed sketch paintings and plein airs on the front desk to view as you walked into the art center. I did sell my first piece. It wasn't one of my watermedia pieces, it was an oil pastel plein air. Go figure.

Been keeping an eye on the fertilizer plant explosion and fire. Been through that before. My father used to work at similar plant and it had a couple of explosions.

Andrew

CharM
04-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Sylvia, je suis en petit francais et une peteite Belgique! Check out this site for an Apple Galette (http://goldentable.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/apple-galette/)...

Welcome back, Andrew! Congratulations on the sale, no matter the medium! It's so good to read that your life is settling into a nice state of normalcy!

:crossfingers: Pat!

The rain did arrive here at supper time, Lynn... but we were out without jackets today too.

G'nite and sleep tight! :wave:

laudesan
04-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Good Grief! This looks so much like (a younger version) of our cat Isabela. She is 18 now, and runs about the house like a maniac and is definitely the one in charge.

Andrew
Have you had her checked over by the vet for hyperactive thyroid? My Guinevere is now 18, she has lost her fat and is extremely active for an old girl. I am going to get her checked next week, as this is what my beautiful Zoe died from. I thought she was just being super active, but a blood test showed hyperactive thyroid. My Monty is 18 now, and he also has this condition. My vet assures me, this is one of the very serious problems older cats get, and we their humans don't pick it up, because they look pretty darn good for their age racing around and all. Trouble is, their heart races, and they get terribly hungry, loose weight, and race around like a 2 year old. Their bodies can't take that in the long term, especially the racing heart. Another symptom is diarrhea oh, and vomiting. Hard to tell with outdoor cats..

Andrew
04-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Have you had her checked over by the vet for hyperactive thyroid? My Guinevere is now 18, she has lost her fat and is extremely active for an old girl. I am going to get her checked next week, as this is what my beautiful Zoe died from. I thought she was just being super active, but a blood test showed hyperactive thyroid. My Monty is 18 now, and he also has this condition. My vet assures me, this is one of the very serious problems older cats get, and we their humans don't pick it up, because they look pretty darn good for their age racing around and all. Trouble is, their heart races, and they get terribly hungry, loose weight, and race around like a 2 year old. Their bodies can't take that in the long term, especially the racing heart. Another symptom is diarrhea oh, and vomiting. Hard to tell with outdoor cats..

Actually she just had a full check up and she is healthy as the proverbial horse. She carries around that indoor cat "pudge", and she isn't as active or flighty as she was as a young cat, but she will get going when she wants and go for hours, especially if it gets the dog all worked up.

We were real concerned for her almost two years ago, when my dog Sam died. They were a couple for as long as she had been around, and Sam had help her deliver her kittens, and they were hunting partners. Soon after Sam died, my son's cat passed (kidney failure due to old age), and they were close as well. But Isabela surprised us and rather than get reclusive and mope about, she just picked up and started to do bits around the house that those two used to do. It took her a bit to accept the Zoe our new dog, but now they are inseparable. As long as Zoe remembers who the boss is anyway. :D

Andrew