PDA

View Full Version : ** Daily Wash Tuesday 16th April 2012**

shipbroker
04-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Good Morning alll.

I know I am in blue ears territory I am afraid........

High winds here with rain forecast soon and me going out to golf, enough said.

(((((((((((((((((to ALL that need them today))))))))))))))))

geoff

Yorky
04-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Good morning Geoff and all to follow.

Wind is getting up here too Geoff but otherwise it is a lovely morning and already 10c/50F.

Enjoy your golf Geoff.

:grouphug: Henry :grouphug:

Hospital this morning for a hearing test and maybe a new hearing aid.

Doug

laudesan
04-16-2013, 03:28 AM
:wave:

Big storm went through about a hour ago, it was awesome. The lightning was magical.. I saw one kind I hadn't seen before, it was horizontal, and squiggle at the end, as if someone had used a stylus in the sky to scribble...

((((((((((Henry & Leslie))))))))))

My heart goes out to those poor people in Boston..

Caryl, that is some car!!:thumbsup:

Lynn, I am having new computer retraining too :-) I have done something, what I don't know, and now I can't make my screen go big with my fingers anymore. I hated windows 7 I loved Vista, and I am enjoying windows 8

You sound busy again Char.

Excitement building Ellen..

Kay, if in doubt ring the vet. Kitties health can change a lot quicker than ours can.. Ask him, it is better to be safe.. :heart:

Bill, one of the things I am going to do, is buy a motorised camper, and travel all around Canada, and Scotland.

Uschi, I like reading about your bunnies.

Later guys............

:grouphug:

doppler
04-16-2013, 03:40 AM
Evening Geoff, Doug and JJ.

First of all HEARTFELT hugs to Henry and Lesley.

Secondly, ALL sympathy to the people of Boston who were visited by mindless incarnate EVIL today.

Thirdly, cats are fed and in and Roger and I will eat plainly tonight. Sausages, mashes tattles and baked beans.

Fourthly I have painting to post in the gouache corner once I can lever Roger off the PC. Dinner might work ?:cool:

Doris345
04-16-2013, 04:25 AM
Good morning, washers,

(((Henry Lesley))) All my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kay - definitely give the vet a call - better safe than sorry.

Sharon - what horrible storm damage - please keep us posted on cleanup and repair. And remember - if the tree was your neighbor's, then he is responsible for the damage costs, not you.

Hi Geoff,
Hi Doug
Hi Annie

JJ - I am really happy to hear you enjoying your new 'puter.

I have had a quite an adventure. When I went back to bed on Sat a.m. I could not sleep because my cough - the last remnants of the flu - was so bad and so constant. I called my doctor, but he was unavailable and his coverage guy suggested I go to the hospital E.R. for antibiotics and perhaps an inhaler or steroids. (I really only wanted him to prescribe an strong cough suppresant, but he doesn't know me, right?)

Went to ER sunday morning, actually spent only 2 hours there - still coughing - and they sent me home with tylenol and what turned out to be, when I looked it up, an expectorant. Didnt seem right to prescribe an expectorant to someone who is coughing, but what do I know??

I got a violent, viscious reaction to the expectorant. So lightheaded and dizzy i could not make it across the room to the phone, had to just sit on the floor and pray a lot.

Finally, monday a.m., I went to my doctor. He did exactly what his coverage guy thought - antibiotics, inhaler. I have bronchial asthma, starting pneumonia.

I am wheezing so badly (Loudly) that Louie thinks I am purring for him. The hope is that the inhaler will do the job and I wont need any steroids.

Meanhwile, I haven't slept since saturday. I am tired.

BBL
Doris

Yorky
04-16-2013, 04:31 AM
(((Doris))) hope you can shake it off.

Doug

doppler
04-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Doris ((((())))

Ellen in Ont
04-16-2013, 06:02 AM
:wave: everyone,
Not sure why I am always awake before six but as long as I can sleep this long I'll be happy. I have a long day planned so the early start will help.

First is a few errands uptown then home to cook for lunch with the girls. Some of the girls from work are meeting at one house for a lunch and learn. We bring something for a pot luck meal and then work on a learning package that is an annual requirement by the College of Nurses here. After that, it is over to my son's house for supper because my DIL is working late and Brian will have left for Sudbury. When I finally get home I can work on prepping for the workshop. At least yesterday I found all the info I need on my computer. The organizer of the workshop emailed yesterday to say the number attending might be up to 15 rather than the original 10 which means a lot more prep work for me.:rolleyes:

My thoughts and hugs are going out to everyone here who is not well or hurting. There are a lot who have posted lately but I also worry about those lurkers or friends here we haven't heard from in awhile.:heart:

Good morning Geoff, Doug, JJ, Annie, Doris, and all who follow. I'm off to find something for breakfast and get dressed. It's always a pleasure to share my morning coffee with you all.

Scene Chaser
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Good Day All,
It rained last night after a gorgeous, sun filled day. It reached 65 F. I managed to clean out the front flower bed and plant lettuce in it. Lettuce can be pretty, especially the colorful lettuce I planted. Still plenty of room for flowers.

Annie, Iíll never know unless I ask, what are mashes tattles? Mashed potatoes?

JJ, sounds like a great idea travelling around Canada and Scotland. Of course, youíll have to buy two motor homes. Just donít do either in the winter.

((((Doris))))

Ms. Feral has been in, fed and wondered around the house. But the birds are back and she has taken a great interest in their conversations.

Both Janet and I have dental appointments today, and at the same time. Weíll be across the hall from each other getting our teeth cleaned.
Bill

Yorky
04-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi folks!

I have to have two new hearing aids. Apparently my right ear has deteriorated to the same level or worse than my left ear.

It's a beautiful day and we start bowls this afternoon. Sunny and 16C/61F out there.

So now you have to close the door on her Bill :)

Yes lots of friends MIA Ellen, Carolynn, Nola from LONI, Hap etc. When they don't show up we start to worry.

Doug

CharM
04-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Good morning Washer Buds... rain is imminent. The sky has that sickly yellow grey cast that's common with thunderstorms... and, of course, it's thunder booming! :)

I have joined a gym that has a physio therapy programme for sports injuries and surgical recoveries... I'm going to start there today and will be going three days a week to *work out*... :) So, my Tuesday morning paint session will now be on Wednesday mornings... I'll still have to race home for my afternoon class. Living out in the County is always a disadvantage for these kinds of activities because it will consume nearly an hour's time driving to and from the gym.

The kitty herd is outside, but I think they'll be clambering to come in because of the inclement weather. Baby Feral has been joining the two big guys each morning and is doing a good job of coming when called back in.

Ted and I have travelled across Canada with our little trailer. We missed a couple of extreme stops and will do them at a later time. There's so much to see and do and it's really exciting to be able to spend a whole month *on the road*...

My prayers are with those in Boston who've been forever changed by what happened yesterday. I will never be able to understand this horrific level of violence.

Henry, you and Lesley are certainly in my prayers and I hope that my bit of positive energy will help add strength to your resolve.

How was golf, Geoff? Blowin' in the Wind... :music:

Hi Doug... hearing aids are so small now... I hope you don't require new ones, though.

JJ... a LOT of people rent motor homes, here, and they look really nice. In fact, we are thinking of buying one of those refurbished units within the next couple of years.

Hi Annie... welcome back into the general population! :) Looking forward to seeing what you've painted!

((Doris)) OhMyGawd! I sure hope your antibiotics do their job quickly for you...

What's the subject of your Workshop, Ellen? You *baby* your students... :p :)

Hi Bill... Ted put some lettuce and onions in the ground...

I'm thinking we may lose our power, so I'd better get signed off... I hope your day is the best possible... hawltain... hug a loved one... :heart:

We x-posted Doug... sorry that you needed stronger aids... and yes, it's a worry when our friends drop out of sight... I wish they'd just pop in to say they're ok...

Uschi
04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning!!

Forecast was for rain all night, didn't happen, started this morning instead. Don't know how much we'll get because sun forecast for the afternoon. WARMISH!!!

I have some paperwork to do and take Ava for swimming in late afternoon. I am sure I'll figure something out for in between.

Lulu will be with her family bu now:thumbsup:

Doris, I hope you'll feel better sonn now that you have the right medication.

Ellen, another busy day for you!!

re Boston Marathon bombing, very sad.

:wave: to Doug, Geoff, Annie, JJ, Bill and all yet to come!!

Thinking of our friends not well!!!

Uschi

LynnM
04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
:wave: Grey here, have to dash, Heritage Village morning, sew and chat, BBL.......

Uschi
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
I have joined a gym that has a physio therapy programme for sports injuries and surgical recoveries... I'm going to start there today and will be going three days a week to *work out*... :)

Good for you Char!! I am going to do the opposite and cancel my membership. It is just too painful for me to walk for the half hour and for anything less it just isn't worth it. It is a matter of taking anti-inflametories and walking and I already take them for table tennis, don't want to stuff myself full of them every single day.

Doug, this getting older is for the birds:rolleyes: :D

Hi Lynn, won't be getting too many visitors in the rain.

JJ, you like my bunny stories because they aren't eating the flowers in YOUR garden:D

:wave: Uschi

DaveCrow
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Rain forecast for today. Yesterday was sunny. Daffodils are budding, crocuses are blooming, spring peepers are singing. The peepers are tiny wood frogs about the size of your little finger nail. They are a cheery sign of spring.

I am only posting positive stuff to the wash today. Prayers and hugs to all Washers who need them.

olliewood0702
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Happy Tuesday Washers,

It's dull and rain in forecast. We have a light breeze and mild temps.

Yes, evil visited Boston yesterday. Like Char I'll never know why people would do such horrible things.:confused:

(((DORIS))) oh my! What a horrible experience you had; I hope and pray that you will be helped by the antibiotics.:heart:

((((HENRY & LESLEY))) words cannot describe how my heart aches for you both. Prayers beaming your way.:grouphug:

I've been thinking about Geoff (Nipper) and Nola lately. Also Carolynn; so may MIA friends here in the wash.:heart:

Poor Larry ran over his phone with the Hi-Lo at work the other day. He is completely lost without his phone. He checks scores, facebook, chats by texting with his boys, etc. We have to go get him a new one soon.

I hope you all make this a great day; you all sound so busy.

G'Day:wave: :heart:

Strawberry Wine
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Morning Washers !

12 C and overcast. No rain yet and the sun is supposed to be making an appearance this afternoon. Yesterday was beautiful and we made some head way in the garden cleanup and pond maintenance. We folded the plastic back over the top to the halfway point and anchored it down with a couple of the bricks. Dan got the pump /waterfall going and set up the timer for it. 16 frogs counted sitting around the edges and the fish are swimming deep down. All seem to be well as in "no floaters" and the pond plants are showing lots of green. We pulled the cover back down and will open it back up again on nice days for a week or so until everything becomes acclimatized. It only takes a couple of minutes to lift and fold the top back so easy peasy.

:grouphug: Lesley and Henry :grouphug: I echo Uschi's words " we are here for you both, sending energy, positive thoughts and fighting along side you every step of the way. :heart:

Bill, would Janet be willing to try it if you rented a camper for a week. She might be very pleasantly surprised.

Ellen, you are going to have so much fun in Jamaica . 70 people partying together ;) you will need a holiday when you return home.

My heart goes out to everyone in Boston and still reeling from the senseless tragedy of yesterday afternoon.

Char, hope the new exercise routine is helpful.. After the initial discomfort of working those muscles, tendons and ligaments correctly you should start to notice an improvement in a few weeks.

I put some spinach seeds in the ground yesterday and harvested the first cutting of my perennial green onions on the weekend. They were so good.

Nice car Caryl !!!! I too was looking for a truck and wondered why you posted a photo of a car. :)

Doris, hope the antibiotics and inhaler help you get better quickly... KEEP RESTING ! There was proabably a hefty dose of codiene in that cough medicine that made you so loopy.

Well I have had my breakfast of scone and fresh fruit sitting here so I better get back upstairs and assist in the hanging and re hanging of paintings and prints in the upstairs hallway.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

P.S. All you lurkers, show yourselves for one post, please.

CJMonty
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
I am really sorry guys for my lack of appearances here on WC. I don't really have any legitamite excuses other than the fact I have been soooooooo busy from morning until bedtime. I really will try to find the time each day to come along and say Hi to you all.

In the next day or so, I will take some time off from what I have been doing and tell you all what I have been up to.
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever where the time goes from when you get up to when you go to bed.

Well must turn out the light now as need to be up at 0545 in order to get Monty his breakfast ready and his lunch and drink bottles ready for work as he leaves at 0630. I will be sneaking off back yo bed for awhile once he goes. ( His suggestion).

Well hopefully will drop by in the next couple of days.

Love Carolynn.

JudyL
04-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi, sad morning, unbelievable, I hope they find the slimey Bas***rds. Evil has a way changing our lives, consider how we have to take our shoes off when we fly.

Geoff, if you have blue ears it might be the result of the Yorkshire weather :lol:

JJ, rent the caravans.

Kids have come and went, bit blustery here, and cold(ish)

Have a good day y'all

((((((((((((Henry & Leslie)))))))))))))))

Scene Chaser
04-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi Carolyn. Thanks for checking in. Hope you are well.

Char, the drive will be worth it. I would like to have an adult swimming pool nearby.

(((Larry's phone)))) Why, Darla, would he let it run loose like that?

Uschi, I know what you mean about the pains, I am paying for the raking I did yesterday. But, I would do it again.

Doug, so glad modern technology can keep up with our degenerating bodies.
We have been trying to train Ms. Feral by closing the door and then opening it when she immediately wants out to reassure her that it does not have to be permanent.

Must get ready for the dentist,
Bill

shipbroker
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Yes ultra windy of golf course.phewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Been out to lunch with our friend who lives in his caravan 12 months a year, half of which is in Spain...it was his birthday so we bought him lunch.....

geoff

happhoto
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Just a quick pop in to let everyone know I'm still on the planet! :wink2: Life has been ultra busy since baseball season started, Looks like I am going to be scheduled for every game this season and longer hours as well. O the joys of being "almost in charge"! Have had very little time for myself, or painting, or much of anything else other than keeping my head above water for the moment. Anne is doing well (most of the time) but I still try to keep and extra eye on her to make sure she's not doing too much or letting herself get too run down. When I have a day off from the ballpark (yesterday) I spend it shopping, catching up on errands and chores, and trying to cook for the days I'll be at the ballpark, so Annie can come home and have something to eat.

Yesterday in the mail came a really superb surprise! From Kiwiland no less!! Remember when LuLu did the pencil drawing of me and then a watercolor using all the neat things she'd learned from Ona's tutoring? Well she sent them to me ( the sweet thing !!:eek: :clap: ) for our 40th Anniversary and birthdays!! AND a set of playing cards with a Maori Warrior on them!!:thumbsup: and a wonderful card too! I miss having the time to spend browsing here and will really try to make more time to get back to it soon!

Hope everyone is well and happy and hugs to those who need them!!

make it a great day!
hap

olliewood0702
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
BIll :lol: :D ; he keeps in in his back pocket and it must have fallen out and when he jumped on the Hi-Lo and backed up....CRUNCH...believe it or not it still turns on but it's face is all shattered and you cannot read anything. He had no insurance on it either.:rolleyes:

HI HAP; thanks for dropping in! What a great surprise you got from LuLu. Go Tigers.:evil:

Carolynn, thanks for dropping in too!

happhoto
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Well Darla, the Tigers are red hot right now and they're the ones coming to town to play the M's for the next three days...I hope we can hold our own..and keep them from steamrolling us!

Uschi
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
I went to the gym with the full intention of cancelling, figured I might as well have a last go at the treadmill, went slower and only for 10 minutes, then did some strengthening exercises, then went back on the treadmill for another 10 minutes and decided to hang on to the membership for a while longer:lol: :lol:

Bill, pain for a day or so "afterwards" I could live with, with me it hurts "during":rolleyes: :) Not much of a motivater:lol:

Gail, glad all is well in the pond!!

who lives in his caravan 12 months a year, half of which is in Spain.
Geoff, I could live like that!! Have you ever tried that???

re Boston, if, whoever did this, really wanted to kill a lot of people, they would have placed the bombs near the Start, where masses of runners start at the same time, vs the dribbling in of runners doward the end, so who knows what they had in mind.

I tell you one thing, people must sure love watching these kind of tragedies
over and over again because CNN and other networks are still showing this non-stop. I saw it on one of the TV's in the gym.

Carolynn, just assure us that you are O.K.

Darla, poor Larry, a man without his toy - tragic:)

In future I'll have to forget planting tulips in the front garden, bunnies have been VERY active there :mad:

Yorky
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Back from bowls. Good to see our friends Carolynn and Hap checking in. :thumbsup:

Doug

Scene Chaser
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi Hap! Go Tigers.
Bill

kaypainter
04-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Hello all,

First off -- Yes I emailed the vet. Ah technology. Actually it's faster to get a reply. Since it is a 24/7 hospital the vets work four days on, three off and they check their emails regularly. So the answer is -- It takes 5 to 7 days for the new dosage to kick in. Since yesterday was only the fifth day I shall keep an eye on her for the next week to see if there is improvement. It just freaked me out how much she was eating. She's only a little thing, about 8 1/2 lbs, tiny body, so that much gorging makes you wonder.

((((Doris))))) :eek: Hope you are better soon.

Boston -- words fail me.

Uschi the reason they put the bombs at the end of the marathon is that they knew all the runners' backpacks would be there and they could drop another one in without it being noticed. They won't be doing that next year! Also easier to disappear into the crowd.

I have a friend who is moving there at the end of May. I called her. At the same time we both said , "Welcome to Boston."

Uschi you need to be doing more strengthening/weights anyway. That is what will help with your balance and coordination. They have done studies that show even if you start 90 year olds on a strengthening regimen it improves their balance, helps prevent falling and broken bones, which is the real goal. Imagine your table tennis shot after that!

Darla -- poor Larry. :lol:

Hi Dave!

Hap and Carolynn thanks for checking in! You don't have to check in every day. Once a month would do it.

Hap your fun is sounding more and more like a job. :eek: I know you love baseball, but what happened to retirement? What a lovely gift from Lulu.

Bill have fun at the dentist's. :D I actually love getting my teeth cleaned.

:clap: :clap: Char. See above ^^^^ :D :thumbsup:

Woohoo Gail. The pond is chirping and burbling.

Ellen not long now.

Judy did you send that wind down south? Went from rainy and cloudy to Santa Ana winds. My heat actually went on this morning. But with the wind the temps will rise dramatically.

Yesterday I needed to order some silver wire for my latest ideas. On the site it said they couldn't do overnight shipping because of the volume of orders they were getting for gold. For those who didn't know -- the price of gold dropped 8% yesterday. There must have been a buying frenzy after that! Silver dropped some too, so my bill was a bit less. :D

Sorry about the hearing loss Doug. Hope the new aids help.

(((((Henry and Lesley)))) Wishing you all the best. As everyone has said, we are here.

Well time to get off here. Friend who is moving and I are taking our other friend out for a birthday lunch. I was hoping to have a pair of earrings for her, but I managed to melt one of the bezels in class. Have to start over on that one. :rolleyes:

Big Blue Butterflies and HAWLTAIN

Kay

Flattwo
04-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi to All

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

The CT scan showed a large tumour on her right kidney and two small spots on her right lung. We will know more after she has the biopsy done.

I will keep my mind occupied by painting, always great therapy for stress!

Speak later

Henry

Yorky
04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
(((Lesley))) as you say really bad news Henry. I hope that it is something they can handle.

Doug

WthrLady
04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Sending positive thoughts from across the pond!

shipbroker
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM
((((((((((Henry & Lesley.)))))))))))

We are all with you.

----------------------------

Uschi. Living in a caravan short and long term........Yes I could probably do it but we both couldn't!

Once or twice we have looked at long term stay in,say, Spain for Winter...there are thousands doing it and more every year.....The site that Les lives on has 300 pitches which are all full till about Easter, 80% British, 20% Scandinavian....and 10% Dutch,German & Russian. These days these are mainly (80%) motorhomers ( RV's) rather than caravans........there are many hundreds, perhaps thousands, who head into North Africa and camp around the edge of the Sahara!..........not a lot of facilities out there but plenty of sunshine for the solar panels...

We actually have quiet a few friends, three from this small village alone, who are now full time Spanish residents....and many caravanners who just go for the winter,some hiring static caravans and leaving the tourers at home.

Me?.......still looking for a small house in France, but will never achieve that now.

Doug. Have you caught that HRH Prince Charles is on ITV1 at 10.35pm on his Watercolours....

geoff

Yorky
04-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Doug. Have you caught that HRH Prince Charles is on ITV1 at 10.35pm on his Watercolours....

Thanks for the tip Geoff.

Doug

olliewood0702
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM
:grouphug: (((HENRY & LESLEY))) :heart: :heart: I'm so sorry it's bad news; praying for you both and for the doctors that they have the wisdom to know what to do for her. Keep on painting it's theraputic.

Uschi
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Ava did well in the swim class. She was also VERY proud because she finally learned to ride the two wheeler bike. Had supper at their place afterwards :thumbsup:

Turned nice and sunny in the afternoon, but still, or again, a cold wind.

Henry and Lesley, difficult and painful to hear but they didn't say insurmountable, did they. That is a big POSITIVE!!:crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Hap, great to hear from you again!!!!! Wonderful that both of you are well!!

Geoff, what you described is exactly what happens here with people going to Florida, they call them "Snowbirds":D Spain and Portugal are also becoming a winter hideaway for people around here, not as warm but a lot less expensive.

Kay, re Boston - you are right, re exercises - you are right:) You are a wonderful mommy to little Esme, I hope it gets easier!!!

Char, no report from you yet??? Dying to find out what they made you do. We had a rest with "it is what it is", now on to a new challenge:lol: :lol: :lol:

JudyL
04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
A quiet day here, Kay, oh we didn't send our wind anywhere, we had PLENTY here, must be a twin down south.

Had to do some emergency shopping at Wallyworld, for DGD and got enough clothes for summer, and DGS can wear Jack's shoes! but understand, he does have small feet! (Jack that is Spencer's are about right for a 13 year old)

Oh they think the bombs were in pressure cookers, in black nylon bags on a timer.

shipbroker
04-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Snowbirds eh....

Way back in the 60's I had a Finnish girlfriend in and her Father & Mother used to winter in Florida even then. I believe that there was about 200 from same town used to go........even had their own dancing club!

geoff

FLNH
04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Popping in from Reykjavik which is as lovely as Oskar's painting on Wet Canvas. The weather has been beautiful but that apparently will change today. Taking photos but can't post until I get back.

My daughter and step- son are both in Boston which brings an immediacy to the horror and I celebrated my 60th birthday ( a long time ago) at the Hotel involved.

(((((Henry and Lesley))))

(((((Doris)))))

HAWLTAIN