PDA

View Full Version : The Creativity Contract

Gisela
02-26-2000, 05:15 AM
The Creativity Contract--This is your commitment to doing the program. Write it down, have a ceremony, celebrate! Hang it in your studio. Go back and read it to remind yourself of this special gift you are giving to yourself.

I thought this might be a good place for us to post our contracts. Since we are doing this as a group, we are making a commitment to each other as well as ourselves. I think we ought to have a group ceremony as well, just to treat ourselves. I'll bring the candles!

Lorijayne
08-05-2003, 02:38 PM
I, Lorijayne, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the program. I commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of the weekly activities. I further understand that this program will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I commit myself to improved self-care, including adequate sleep, diet, exercise and PAMPERING for the duration of the program.

:clap:

DanaT
08-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Great Lori. You're first.

I guess we'll see a lot of others join this list in the next couple of weeks or so.

melaleuca
08-17-2003, 07:58 PM
I, melaleuca, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity.

I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the program.

I commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of the weekly activities.

I further understand that this program will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with.

I commit myself to improved self-care, including adequate sleep, diet, exercise and PAMPERING for the duration of the program.

August 18, 2003

DanaT
08-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Congrats Mel! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to see you're taking the plunge. If you need any help, just holler!

nicanfhilidh
08-18-2003, 04:04 PM
I, Dorothy Northcutt Gray aka "Ann" aka "nicanfhilidh" on WC, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter
with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the program.
I commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of the weekly activities.
I, further understand that this program will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I commit myself to excellent self-care--adequate sleep, diet, exercise and PAMPERING--for the duration of the program.

Dorothy Northcutt "Ann" Gray
August 18, 2003

nytefall
09-01-2003, 01:04 PM
I, Jolyn Kitzer (aka jo or nytefall), understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided enoucnter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course. I, Jo, commit to weekly reading, daily morning papers, a weekly artist date, and the fufillment of each week's tasks.

I, Jo, further understand taht this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I, Jo, commit myself to excellent self-care - adequate sleep, diet, exercise, and PAMPERING - for the duration of the course.

Jolyn S. Kitzer
September 1, 2003

sunnyday54
09-02-2003, 02:31 AM
I, Lynda Davey aka "sunnyday54" on WC, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the program.
I, Lynda Davey, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of the weekly activities.
I, Lynda Davey, further understand that this program will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I commit myself to excellent self-care--adequate sleep, diet, exercise and PAMPERING--for the duration of the program.

Lynda Davey "sunnyday54"
September 1, 2003

pastelist
09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
I, Patricia (aka Pastelist), understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course. I, Patricia, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist date, and the fulfillment of each weeks tasks.
I, Patricia, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I, Patricia, commit myself to excellent self-care, adequate sleep, diet, excercise, and pampering- for the duration of the course.

Patricia (aka pastelist)
09/02/03

:clap:

artmidwife
09-06-2003, 05:59 PM
I, Lisa Forester (artmidwife), understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the course. I, Lisa, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artsits date and the fulfillment of each weeks tasks.
I, Lisa, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I, Lisa, commit myself to excellent self care, adequate sleep, diet, exercise and pampering for the duration of the course.

Lisa Forester
artmidwife 09\06\03

artamust
09-06-2003, 07:29 PM
I, Steve Barrett (artamust), understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the course.

I, Steve, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date and the fulfillment of each weeks tasks.

I, Steve, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with.

I, Steve, commit myself to excellent self care, adequate sleep, diet, exercise and pampering for the duration of the course.

Steve Barrett - 09/06/2003

TheBlizz35
09-06-2003, 11:20 PM
I, Zee, (a.k.a. "TheBlizz35"), understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity.

I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course.

I, Zee, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist date, and the fulfillment of each week's tasks.

I, Zee, further understand that this course will raise issues and immotions for me to deal with.

I, Zee, commit myself to excellent self-care--adequate sleep, diet, excise, and pampering--for the duration of the course.

Zee
("TheBlizz35"),
September 6, 2003

DanaT
09-07-2003, 01:15 PM
I, Dana Duke, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the program. I commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of the weekly activities. I further understand that this program will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with.... I commit myself to improved self-care, including adequate sleep, diet, exercise and PAMPERING...for the duration of the program.

9/7/03

:cool:

Ophelia
09-07-2003, 07:46 PM
I, Susan Clinkscales, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course.

I, Susan Clinkscales, commit to weekly readings, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of each week's tasks.

I, Susan Clinkscales, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with.

I, Susan Clinkscales, commit myself to excellent self-care for the duration of the course.

Susan Clinkscales
September 7, 2003

Keith Russell
01-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Keith Russell fully understands that he is undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with his creativity. He hereby commits himself to the twelve-week duration of the course.

He agrees to weekly readings, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fulfillment of each week's tasks.

Further, Keith understands that this course will involve dealing with complex issues and emotions.

Keith thus commits himself to take excellent care of himself over the duration of the course.

Keith Russell
18 January 2004

debi-d
01-28-2004, 11:59 AM
I Deb, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity.

I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the program.

I further understand that this program will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with.

I commit myself to self-care, including adequate sleep, exercise and pampering, I will also feed not only my body but my soul as well for the duration of the program and to love and care for myself and the artist within. To protect her from harm, I will be my own warrior .

For I Deb Dicker am worth it.

spell check often edits my last name as it has a bad word in it (LOL)

beadguy
03-19-2006, 10:16 AM
CREATIVE PLAY

I have been kicking around the idea of CREATIVE PLAY as a possible format for my artist friends. Here are a few thoughts for you to consider.

WORK is for food, and PLAY is for fun.
Creativity is experimentation in the pure art/science of expression. It is the most productive use of energy.

CREATIVE PLAY is a paradox in that PLAY is thought to be counterproductive and the opposite of WORK. CREATIVE PLAY is a way of forcing an unproductive activity to produce pleasurable results.

Those operations or activities that are “playful” are enjoyable because they are usually without constraints associated with WORK.

PLAY is anarchistic since it serves only the individuals who participate in it.

Since PLAY is “immature work”, it is thought to be without the goal of gainful employment, as is WORK.

WORK usually produces rewards of sustenance, survival and shelter.
PLAY produces good feelings, sharpens the mind and strengthens the spirit.

WORK and PLAY are both necessary in order to become a balanced individual.

Some people WORK at everything they do. They turn PLAY into WORK. This becomes obscure and confusing to the participants when they seriously undertake fun and games for primarily financial reward.

Others PLAY at WORKING, making everything they do a game or sport. They are never serious about the purpose of WORK and for them, it is all fun. Those who WORK at relaxing are equally misdirected, for they reap nothing in the end but fatigue and stress.

CREATIVE PLAY is a synthesis of WORK and PLAY for it is fun and also uncovers new territories of lifestyle for those participating in it. This is a great growth-aiding reward; CREATIVE PLAY.

One should endeavor to ease the struggle of their life by turning WORK into CREATIVE PLAY. The highest rewards may be found by engaging in CREATIVE PLAY.

This is our ongoing search for non-toxic novelty.

Nic East
Jim Thorpe, PA

abbyct
03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi! I'm starting the Artist's Way and I will also be going on a two-week trip to Europe mid-way through the program. Do you think it's a good idea to build it into my contract, so that I have those weeks off yet commit myself to getting right back on the wagon?
I'm planning on continuing Morning Pages there, but I'm not sure if I can guarantee that until our itinerary is complete.

Rose Queen
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
I think you can make the contract for any set of circumstances you desire, but if you can sustain the morning pages while traveling, I think you'll find it a bonus, because it doesn't just clear the air for making art, it changes the way you tackle your day!

abbyct
03-23-2006, 09:45 AM
I, Abby, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course in my own time. I, Abby, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist's date, and the fufillment of each week's tasks.
I, Abby, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I, Abby, commit myself to excellent self-care- adequate sleep, diet, exercise, and pampering- for the duration of the course.
Abby
3/23/06

queeragui
09-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I, _queeragui_, understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course. I _queeragui_, commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist date, and the fulfullment of [half of] each week's tasks.

I, _queeragui_, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I, _queeragui_, commit myself to excellent self-care--adequate sleep, diet, exercise, [good hygiene] and pampering--for the duration of the course.

_X_
(signature)

_2006.09.22_
(date)

hopelance
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I hopelance undertand that I am undertaking an intensive guided encounter with my own creativity .... each week's tasks. (as quoted above & in the text).

I understand that the course will raise issues & emotions for me to deal with. Grief & fear being paramount among these. Grieving the loss (not physical loss) of a loved one, as well as the loss of some parts of my 'old self', as the course continues. I will attempt to face these fears as enourmous as they are, during my 'grief' :crying:, by increasing the odds in my favor (below). :clap:

With persistance, self care & love :heart: , adequate sleep, good diet & exercise for the duration of the course, these I expect would 'arm' me with the 'weapons' I need to to fight those demons :evil:

Signed
hope, April 29 07

troublemaker
04-30-2007, 01:31 AM
I, Troublemaker/Carrie, undestand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve-week duration of the course. I, Troublemaker/Carrie commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist date, and the fulfillment of each week's tasks.

I, Troublemaker/Carrie, further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I, Troublemaker/Carrie, commit myself to excellent self-care- adequate sleep, diet, exercise, and pampering- for the duration of the course (and longer).

Signed,
Carrie/Troublemaker, April 20, 2007.
Started on April 23, 2007.

gingersnap
04-30-2007, 12:00 PM
i, gingersnap, understand that i am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. i commit myself to the 12 week duration to the course. i commit fully to the weekly reading, morning pages, weekly art date and fulfillment of each week's tasks.

i understand that this course will raise issues and emotions to deal with. i commit to working through my personal loss and fears (which have held me back). i recognize this journey will help me to live the fullest and best possible life i can. to accept the moments i can not change. to move past and see the blessings brought by pain and sorrow. i will accomplish this by committing to excellent self care.adequate sleep, diet , exercise (running, weights,yoga),pampering through out the 12 week course.

i also commit to supporting those taking this journey with me. i believe we are brought together for a reason, may we will grow and learn together!!!!