PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Monday 15th April 2013 ***

Yorky
04-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Good morning from sunny West Lancashire. Not a cloud in the sky and already 10C/50F. Spring is here at last! :clap:

Well, I'll probably do some tidying in the garden while it is fine.

Here's hoping for good news about Lesley, Henry.

Doug

doppler
04-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Hi Doug, from antipodean dusk.

Gorgeous day today. Still pink tinged sky to the east. Sunset west ... Clouds east.

We did a heap of weeding this evening when I got home. Only 11,000 heaps to go :lol:

Bo is staring at me through the screen door and now yelling. I will be in to feed. I do not want him launching himself at flimsy fly screen.

BBL

shipbroker
04-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Morning all...

Tied to wash start a couple of hours ago and whilst I could access other threads I was told 'No access to server' when I wanted a new one....

Warmish and very windy here....off to Teesside to see some of Eileens family and to get a large gas that I couldn't find in Scotland!

Fingers crossed for Lesley today.......

geoff

Philippe56
04-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Hello all :wave:
sun is back now.
but we have had little rain on saturday for the sketch crawl

Joan did you participate in New York?

dlwilliams48
04-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Good morning all - rained all day yesterday, but still had a nice little hike with DW in the morning before the rain started full time. Back home after a fun weekend camping. As you can see, Spring is here too.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2013/986611-campsite.jpg

Hoping for good news for Henry and Lesley today!

Did not do any painting or sketching this weekend, but did some photography. Now off to work.

Yorky
04-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Hi Annoe, Geoff, Philippe and Don.

been to the tip, garden is a little tidier now.

You have a lovely trailer Don. Wish we still had our trailer tent but then Ruth won't contemplate anything but en-suite :)

Doug

painterbear
04-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter after six in the a.m. here and a bird is in the tree outside my window telling all the sleepyheads to wake up, wake up, wake up. :D

We're having nice Spring like weather this week too. Not putting away our winter coats though, we may have cold temps again later. ;)

Larry and I stopped off to see the Art Show my paintings are hanging in this month. A very, very active Church in our area has an Art Gallery and they asked one of the members to arrange the Show. She invited me to participate along with several others from my art classes. So there are a lot of watercolors, but also several other media are represented. The show is called The Way of Art and I posted it in a thread here (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19573223#post19573223) if you'd like to see it. :D

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
04-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Hello :wave: Using my new Dell, and absolutely loving it. I got an awesome deal with Optus today for wifi internet. 5GB for only 14.94 a month.

I have just found, that I can view all my photos from facebook on the device, without actually being in facebook.:thumbsup: I am not minding windows 8 either, kind of fun to use.

I love the backlit keyboard, seeing as I am a lousy touch typist. :p Now I don't have the light on..

Hello all :wave:
sun is back now.
but we have had little rain on saturday for the sketch crawl

Did you Philippe? Did you post your photos if you did?

Woot Don, pretty and green.

I can't get over how responsive and fast the Ultrabook it. I am really enjoying it.

Supper time be back later...........

shipbroker
04-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Don....I've seen yours...here is mine...just before we packed up so the awning was down...and the gas bottle empty!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2013/84585-challenger.jpeg

geoff

Uschi
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Good Morning!!!

19C, that is what it will go up to and the sun is shining brightly:thumbsup: Right now 3C, tonight the rain will start again and, of course, the temperature won't be staying that warm either.

It would be a perfect day for gardening but I was out there yesterday spreading some grass fertilizer and everything is sopping wet. As a matter of fact, the sump pum is still going off now and then sending a little river into the already wet soil.

I am playing table tennis in the afternoon. It is almost a shame to be inside on such a lovely day.

Don, Oh my gosh, look at all this GREEN:heart: :envy: Glad you had a good time, I can see you took your bikes along:thumbsup:

That gives me an idea, I think I'll get my bike pumped up:thumbsup:

Geoff, the grass in Scotland looks the same as ours at this stage.

JJ, glad you are having fun with your new toy:)

Sylvia, I enjoyed your art tour, thanks!!!

Philippe and Annie :wave: to you.

Uschi

Ellen in Ont
04-15-2013, 08:23 AM
:wave: everyone,
It is snowing heavily out and still looks like Feb. Our temps have been about 10 degrees colder than normal for this time of year. The worry is that the longer the snow lasts, the higher the flood risk if it melts all at once when the weather suddenly heats up. The snow is still about waist deep in the yard. :rolleyes:

Lulu - in case you peek in, have a wonderful trip. It is only 39 days until we leave for ours. :D

Loved all the great photos the last few days.

Everyone seems busy with life. I hope all recovering from illness continue to quickly improve. Lots of hugs and white light to those still not well.

I have a lot of computer work to do today as well as lots of prep work for the workshop in two weeks. That will fill my whole day so I need a bite to eat and get moving. Have a great start to the week everyone.

Philippe56
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Did you Philippe? Did you post your photos if you did?

I posted them on the sketchcrawl site

http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=10381

huh I just checked and some picture are not available, problem with flickr I think

olliewood0702
04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Hello Everyone!

It was sunny late yesterday afternoon and mild. We LOVED seeing that bright yellow orb in the sky; even if it was for just a short time. The sun was still shining again this morning on my way into work and it smelled like Spring!:thumbsup: But alas after an hour here the gray clouds have moved in and we aren't expected to see any sun until at least Saturday.:crying:And rain is expected all week. It's been SO cold and SO cloudy and SO yucky.....but I guess there are plenty of folks who are in the same boat. Where oh where is our Spring.:confused:

It doesn't seem like our weekend is over already but here I am sitting at my desk again and starting on my Monday work-day. Poor Larry didn't even have a weekend. He has this coming up weekend off and we are planning on going north to spend a couple of days with my Mom. I'm :crossfingers: that they don't get any storms; as one is possible up there on Thrusday.

Ellen, when exactly is your trip now? I've forgotten. Is everything all set for the destination wedding? I'm sure it'll go well and you'll have a great time.

LOVE those travel trailers/caravan's Geoff and Don! Don, what great green you have already there. Geoff, yes like Uschi said your grass is about the same pale green as ours is. But after all that rain last week it's greening up rather quickly.

My daffs still haven't burst although they are on the edge of blooming anytime. They must not want to come out in the cold. :rolleyes: I can't say as I blame them.

Doug, I wish we could get out in our flower garden but it's sopping wet yet. I'm glad you are getting some nice weather. I'm anxious to get it cleaned up.

Our sump pump has been getting a work out. It's been going steady all weekend and I pray that we don't get as much rain as we did last week. I think tomorrow is the day we are expecting the most rain this week. (70%)

I hope you all have a great day and make this day a creative one.

Waving to you all and sending Henry (()) for his wife.

Sending (((()))) to all in need.

Waving to all who've come and yet to come,

BBL:wave: :heart:

Scene Chaser
04-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Good Day All,

Sunny and 50 F here, too, Doug.

Congrats to the Aussies and Adam Scott for winning the Masters.

I'm working outside today for a while. I need the sun and some vitamin D.

Bill

NancyR
04-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Quick post from Texas. We have spring and beautiful temps until the next cold front arrives. We are in Spring here, too.

Geoff and Don, beautiful trailers. I am like Doug's wife, I like a good hotel.

JJ, isn't it fun when you get a new electronic "toy" to play with. I am still playing with my new iPhone and finding new Apps.

All the talk about virus protection software over the weekend, I purchased Kaspersky and ran it. Nothing showed up on my iMac. :clap:

Everyone have a great day! Hugs to all in need.

WthrLady
04-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Morning all.
Sorry I've been missing the past week, but I needed to take a partial internet break. Since I work online as well, it's a needed annual break. I popped in long enough to read and keep up on our travelers, and the ill and broken.

Henry, how is Leslie doing?

Anyone heard from Carolyn, Kev, and Geoff??

As Don said, it rained all day yesterday. Spring is long gone and summer rears its head again starting tomorrow. We're headed over 90 again this week. The pollen is out of control. High is 99-1400ppm and we've been over 3/4,000+ for over three weeks. It's ridiculous and downright messy and painful. Forget the allergy meds, frequent showers is the only real answer.

JJ we went out for a country drive on the 6th and had a nice drive thru lunch and frozen custard. We decided to stop in at a local car dealer to take a close look at some of the trucks on my list. Two hours later, I was home with my new truck! Most expensive ice cream cone EVER! LOL. 2012 Chevy Traverse with 142 miles on it. I wanted smaller than my last truck, but the smaller equinox had a giant blind spot on both sides in the back. So, there you have it. She's already taggged, registered and paid for. Woosh. I named her Storm.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2013/385681-20130406_181638.jpg

Nothing on the studio table right now except my hound sketch. I put a few palettes and a travel kit on the swap shop board for our watercolor addicts.

Looks like everyone is doing well.

Glad you are feeling better Char :)

Waving to our newest members as well.

Yorky
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi Caryl, glad you called in. Nice looking car. Like the name :lol:

Doug

JudyL
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Morning (here anyway) Kiddlettes have come and now off on their bikes. We had a GREAT time at the Stockton Thunder game, the won the game 6 to 4, the officiating, of course, was astonishing, they did not give any penalties in the first two periods, even when one of the Vegas team knocked out one of the Thunder team, he was flat out and had to be helped up. :eek:
Then when they did start giving penalties, it was on the Thunder, the crowd was not amused, but now we are fans. We got a special deal which included hats for all, DGD was very annoyed when Mum would not allow him to sleep in the hat :rolleyes: silly boy, it would have bent it, but really he is 13 but boys never grow up do they.

We got to watch the last of the Masters, I just loved the ending! The right guy won, his reaction was priceless.

Must dash, Jack is having a scan today.

LynnM
04-15-2013, 11:02 AM
:wave: Good day! and it is here, warmer, at least for a while. Catch up day, setting up computers takes so long......! laundry awaits, and other things too :rolleyes:

New computer, changes in the way Wet Canvas appears, it's really taxing my memory. When I reply, I don't get your signatures, have to re-read the entry to figure out who said what....I have everything checked in my profile, so not sure how to change that.

Lovely spot you camped, Don :envy: and super rig! My folks lived in a travel trailer for 8 years once dad retired, all over western North America and Mexico, they loved it. Dad was a silversmith, mum an artist and they carried on their arts while they travelled, and managed to get it all into a crew cab truck and a 20ft trailer!

Interesting global view, Henry, I was thinking it would be fun for us all to put our flags on such a view. Glad Lesley is sounding more chipper.

Nice rig you have too, Geoff, great to have such a group to travel with. Good that the weather has improved a bit for you.

Lovely new ride you have Caryl, you said truck and I was looking for the truck.....but I bet it handles like one. I used to love my trucks, the van was different, but still easier to get into for me than the little cars (long legs!). One good thing about late spring here, less pollen, you have my sympathy!

I hope you all have a rewarding day! :grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

Yorky
04-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Lynn, when you set up Windows 7 you can opt for Classic View as I remember, which is akin to Windows XP. Not sure about your lack of signatures.

I'll investigate. OK here's a link to investigate. (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/change-windows-to-classic-view)

Doug

CharM
04-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Everyone! We have a gorgeous Spring Day happening here! It'll begin to cloud up soon because we're expecting more rain... but when my Students left this morning, Ted and I soaked up some sunshine sitting out on the deck.

Nice photos, today...

Don, your trees are budding WAY ahead of ours!

Geoff, our trailer is still winterized and it'll be a few weeks before we even think about opening it up...

Congratulations, Caryl!

Ellen, did you get the dress you wanted???

Lynn, I suspect your problem is a function of your Browser rather than your operating system... If I use Internet Explorer, I can see the signatures... in Chrome, I cannot...

I'm going to make some lunch and then get ready for my next Class... Have a great day everyone. :heart:

Ellen in Ont
04-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Taking a quick lunch break.

Darla - we leave May 24 for Toronto, stay overnight collecting the rest of the group, and leave there the 25th for Jamaica. :thumbsup: There are 73 people going to the wedding so far!

Char - the store I went to no longer carry the line of dresses I wanted. Instead, I chose a nice cobalt blue lace covered chiffon that should be cool for the wedding on the beach. It is on order and should be in the beginning of May with enough time for me to do the alterations and hemming if needed.

Another cup of coffee and I'll get back to the computer work.

kaypainter
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
'Lo Washers!

The sun just came out here. Must have rained in the night, but I didn't hear it. News said so, so I looked out and, sure enough. Snarled the morning commute. Not mine though. Managed to get from the bedroom to the kitchen without incident. :lol:

Yes Bill I was rooting for the Australian, just the wrong one. But I'm glad he won. First time an Aussie has ever won the Masters. :thumbsup:

Geoff and Don :envy: love your campers/caravans.

Lynn I've been thinking what it would be like to do that. What would it be like to just live on the road like that. Wonder how the cats would enjoy it? :eek:

Sylvia what a fantastic exhibit that is. Such lovely work.

Ellen :crossfingers: for your snow melting slowly.

Gorgeous truck Caryl.

Darla I hope you and Larry have a great weekend away next week. :crossfingers: for no rain.

(((((Henry and Lesley))))))

I'm wondering whether to contact the vet. Esme still seems like she's getting too much insulin. It hasn't even been a week. How long should it take for the new dosage to kick in?

Did get some work done yesterday. Took out the garbage, washed the dishes, watered the plants, did the finances, worked on some jewelry watched the Masters, Call the Midwife and Mr. Selfridge.

:wave: :wave: to all and HAWLTAIN

Kay

LynnM
04-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks for that link, Doug, I am getting used to 7, but I'll keep it in mind.

Sounds like the solution, Char. I hope with 7 IE will not give me the problems I have had in the past with my outdated XP, that's why I quit using it.

Meant to say earlier, Geoff, those are great photos of the rugby crowd :lol: Maybe if the fans here did that we could raise the profile of rugby in North America.

Yes, Kay, it sounds like an idyllic way to live, at least for some of us :) They rented out their house on Vancouver Island to good tenants, and had their little dog for most of that time, he was a Spitz, took to it beautifully. Not so sure how a cat would like it:rolleyes: Sorry you are still stressing over Esme, can be very distracting, pet problems, had many years of that. I miss my pets, but have a china cat who looks out my window for birds, that's all I can manage now. I enjoy my daughter's Main Coon lookalike vicariously!

Wedding trip sounds wonderful, Ellen!

:crossfingers: for no flooding, Darla.

LynnM
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Well,. I worked it out....it is Add Block Plus.....the names by the posts must be based on the pop up system in some way. Very interesting. I went to IE and indeed, the names were there, but Add Block isn't present for some reason. On Chrome and Firefox it shows up on the link field. So I can just click on the icon and turn it off for that site. Oh computers, my hair is going grey (or white!)

Edit: of course I haven't applied Add Block to IE yet, have to do it for each browser.

Yorky
04-15-2013, 01:04 PM
:thumbsup: :clap:

Good to know.

Doug

Scene Chaser
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Kay and Lynn, I have teacher husband/wife friends who with their family traveled all summer in their camper. The left on the last day of school and returned the day before school began. They took their cat with them. When they retired they sold their house and returned to the road for good. A great life.
Another friend bought a camper and drove by himself across Canada to Alaska and back. He took six weeks loved it.
I would love to do that, but my wife is like others and would rather put up with the noisy air/heater exchange in the motel.

Lynn, now we know where you get your artistic talent.

It's 62 F here and I'm going back outside.
Bill

LynnM
04-15-2013, 02:07 PM
How I would love to go right across Canada again (only done it in bits so far). Well, maybe the opportunity will come along before I'm too decrepit to take it up :) I have been very lucky, did a trip once from Ontario out to Banff and Jasper and then down to Colorado and back across the northern States, was wonderful! But only took a month, much too short to take advantage of all the photos and sketching opportunities.

Yes, Bill, it seems to run in the family. My great aunt on my mother's side was the only really professional artist I know about. Around 1900 she was doing miniatures and other portraits in Glasgow. I was contacted by another researcher into the Rose family tree, and apparently there were many artists back through time. Since I can only claim to be about 1/16 Rose I guess there must be something from my dad's father, he liked to do little watercolours of the ships he sailed. Anyway, it gives a lot of pleasure to life!

But I think a lot of people have the ability, they just may never have the interest in developing it, or even know that they can do it. Both my kids could do it if they wanted, but DD doesn't care to, and DS is too busy right now. I think once he retires he will, though, he has taken some good photos.

shipbroker
04-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Smart motor Caryl...very envious...

But have you got your own registration such as this one I spotted in The Yukon?......sori for reshowing it JudyL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2013/84585-judyL020.jpeg

cheers

geoff

WthrLady
04-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes, I do.

WthrLdy :) Shocker, I know.

Uschi
04-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Good Afternoon!!

Beautuful day and I have used it well -First thing in the morning I took the 5 bags of leaves I had previously gathered from the front yard to the recycling center.

Then decided the area where the Mulberry tree stands was dry enough to cut down some branches.

Then I realized that the soil at the side of the house wasn't sopping wet so I cleaned out the beds there.

Suddenly I saw a bunny shoot across the garden, saw where it went into the neighbor's yard and plugged up that hole. I KNEW that I was not bunny free because I only ever saw 1 crocus, so something was eating them.

Had my lunch and took two Aspirin because I still want to go play table tennis. Thought I'd give them a try. I do have a prescription from the doctor for Celebrex, haven't redeemed it yet, really prefer to go without prescription drugs. We'll see.

What ^^^^^ they said except NICE Car Caryl!! Wouldn't be called a truck here but since my knowledge of cars is a big O I don't know what we would call it.

:wave: Uschi

JudyL
04-15-2013, 03:06 PM
:eek: WOW! and that is the car I want to get! Jack wants to get a car that fits more than 5 people, and we looked at the Pilot but I would rather have the Odyssey. We do have grandchildren and we could fit us and their 4 + for long trips the dropdown video.

Lynn, one of the things I would love to do is to take a train trip accross Canada and perhaps return on Amtrak the reverse trip.

We went to Kaiser for Jack's scan then to Dennys (very close) for breakfast, he could not eat after midnight last night and really enjoys his breakfast, it was very good food.

Thanks again Geoff for the picture.

shipbroker
04-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Yes, I do.

WthrLdy :) Shocker, I know.

Yup...but no surprise!
geoff

Flattwo
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi to all

Got the worst possible news regarding Lesley, we are both devastated, we have a fight on our hands

Must get something to eat, speak later

Henry

painterbear
04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Oh Henry, I'm so sorry the news was bad. We'll all be here praying for you and Lesley. :grouphug: :o

Sylvia

CharM
04-15-2013, 05:07 PM
(((Henry and Lesley))) I'm so sorry...

kaypainter
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Henry & Lesley :grouphug: :grouphug: Sending white light!!!!

Kay

WthrLady
04-15-2013, 05:12 PM
((HUGS)) Henry and Lesley.

Yorky
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
((( Henry and Lesley ))) our hopes and thoughts remain with you.

Doug

GramPat
04-15-2013, 05:27 PM
(((Henry and Leslie)))) I am so sorry to hear. I will have you both in prayer.
Pat

Uschi
04-15-2013, 05:59 PM
:grouphug: Henry and Lesley :grouphug: Prayers, white light and very positive thoughts coming your way. We'll fight with you, every step of the way.
Uschi

New Gamboge
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Henry and Lesley - we are all sending our good thoughts to you - please try to keep positive, and if you need to vent, that's why we are all here. Betty

shipbroker
04-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Henry & Lesley.....lots of White Light and positive thoughts from us all.

geoff

LynnM
04-15-2013, 07:01 PM
((((Henry + Lesley)))) no words for it, just thinking of you :heart:

Ellen in Ont
04-15-2013, 08:17 PM
(((((Henry and Lesley))))) -I'm so sorry it was bad news. Lots of hugs.

artmom
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
(((((((Henry and Lesley)))))))

Lyn

Scene Chaser
04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
:grouphug: Lesley and Henry :grouphug: I'm am so sorry!
Bill

laudesan
04-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi to all

Got the worst possible news regarding Lesley, we are both devastated, we have a fight on our hands

Must get something to eat, speak later

Henry:grouphug: Henry and Lesley :grouphug: My heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts every day. I am blasting you healing vibes..:heart:

JudyL
04-15-2013, 10:15 PM
The news is all about the Boston Marathon bombings, horrific. Prayers go out to all.

olliewood0702
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
((((((HENRY & LESLEY)))))) many prayers beaming your way.