PDA

View Full Version : a particular light between two storms...

toniov
04-14-2013, 09:03 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/978701-DSC01745.jpg

twiglet
04-14-2013, 09:27 AM
This is another wonderful painting. I love your use of colour, it's fab!

toniov
04-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Thank you Twiglet.
Normally I do not cover all black paper but in this pastel I almost very covered. Even completely covered, the black of paper always produces an effect. About light... it is the sun which passes through thick clouds (this does not last for a long time)...

allydoodle
04-14-2013, 11:33 AM
This is particularly wonderful. I like all your work but for me this is by far your best. It is because of the light you have captured... yes you painted the light in this, just beautiful!

raxu
04-14-2013, 12:01 PM
wonderful light, fine colors - no garish greens anywhere! This is so pleasing!

toniov
04-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Tahnk's very much Raxu.

toniov
04-14-2013, 01:36 PM
This is particularly wonderful. I like all your work but for me this is by far your best. It is because of the light you have captured... yes you painted the light in this, just beautiful!

Thank you Allydoodle.
Ok.
I care about your comments and it seems that, for you, this pastel is one of my best. I was not very assured with this pastel because in general I let show through a lot of black paper but here everything is covered.

troutbum
04-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Nice painting. Great use of color to depict the light and I love the reflections.
troutbum

allydoodle
04-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Thank you Allydoodle.
Ok.
I care about your comments and it seems that, for you, this pastel is one of my best. I was not very assured with this pastel because in general I let show through a lot of black paper but here everything is covered.

There is something special about the tone of this painting, like I said the light you captured is really beautiful. It is such a difficult thing to do, capture the light, and when that is accomplished I think it is a "feather in your hat" so to speak. I'm not sure if it only how you covered the paper, maybe it is also because of the colors you chose to use, as well as the values and intensity. Maybe it is a combination of both the colors as well as how you covered the paper, who knows? Covering more of the black paper might make it easier to "paint the light", and using the correct colors while doing that is what worked. I think if you experiment a bit and compare results you will know what it is that makes the difference. I doubt that using a color other than black for your paper would have given the same results though, I think the black paper still played an important part in the making of this painting.

Regardless, for me what you've done works very well here, beautiful job!

pastel65
04-14-2013, 05:13 PM
This painting is beautiful. Love the colors. Pam:clap: :clap: :clap:

Turpintine45
04-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes beautiful, you have really captured that special light!

sketchZ1ol
04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
hello
yes , i understand this .
when the sun is nearer to the horizon and the light is veiled by thin clouds ,
orange is filtered out and against the blue-grey , the yellow seems near white .

Bravo !

Ed

dobber
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Wonderful painting, the trees and shoreline are fantastic. I agree with Allydoodle. I think the black paper played an important part in the look of your painting.

toniov
04-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Thank's Dobber. I think that inventive process, it is something very mysterious... Colour which I prefer : the black, because it promotes all other colours.
Hello Ed, yes, you understood.
Thank's Pam and Jen.
Thank's Troutbum.

toniov
04-17-2013, 02:10 AM
There is something special about the tone of this painting, like I said the light you captured is really beautiful. It is such a difficult thing to do, capture the light, and when that is accomplished I think it is a "feather in your hat" so to speak. I'm not sure if it only how you covered the paper, maybe it is also because of the colors you chose to use, as well as the values and intensity. Maybe it is a combination of both the colors as well as how you covered the paper, who knows? Covering more of the black paper might make it easier to "paint the light", and using the correct colors while doing that is what worked. I think if you experiment a bit and compare results you will know what it is that makes the difference. I doubt that using a color other than black for your paper would have given the same results though, I think the black paper still played an important part in the making of this painting.

Regardless, for me what you've done works very well here, beautiful job!

Thank's Alldoodle. I understand your comments.
Like you say: " it's a combination ".
All artists differ and their step is partly mysterious... even for them. But it is very interesting to analyse different works.

maryinasia
04-17-2013, 02:56 AM
fits the title perfectly... or is it that the title fits perfectly...

toniov
04-18-2013, 01:56 AM
It's near my house... or natural park where I like painting. One day, I found this light ... as Ed has very well understood, it is a light that looks a bit like a spotlight, when the overcast and cloudy sky lets a ray of sunshine between the clouds. .. this is a fantastic light but lasts only a few seconds or minutes ... impossible working " sur le motif ". I took photos and it is a pastel work from one of my photos. The title of the pastel is related to this.

markusrydh
04-18-2013, 02:36 AM
I think this one is just fabulous!

pointy
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Toniov, you really do have a gift for light:clap:

artistat38
04-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Gorgeous painting..

Prashanti

cchapin
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
I love this. You really captured that weird light that sometimes happens before a storm. Great job!

toniov
04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Thank's very much Cris, just capture this light was my project...
Thank's very much Prashanti, Pointy and Markus.

LunarMoth
05-14-2013, 10:43 PM
So lovely, toniov. I love this picture.

toniov
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Thank's LunarMoth.

catherinecreaney
05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Really like this, you captured that weird light between storms perfectly :)

Theodorablau
05-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Wonderful atmosphere, love the colours! I agree with Chris (allydoodle), this one is especially beautiful.:clap:

toniov
05-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank's Catherine and Dorothea !