PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Sunday April 14 2013****

Lulu
04-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Okay, I can't resist any more.........

:music: I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.... :music:

Doug might have to do some editing to save your eyes! lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/1118-31024-Jugglers.gif

Thankyou for doing the big count down with me!!
I can hardly contain myself........skype is good, but I can't wait to talk in person, to hold, to hug.......:heart:

Will be in touch from the desert - provided we haven't melted! lol

Off Tuesday morning, but won't be online tomorrow (at least not on wetc).

Back home May 11 :wave:

ps: before I go, please tell me what adblock site is safe to download, I've got ads going on everywhere!:eek:

Yorky
04-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi Lulu, have a wonderful trip, protect yourself from that sun.

I use Adblock Plus add-on with Firefox. That gets most but when you see an ad loading you can write down the url and add it to the filters in Adblock Plus and you don't see it again.

Well we had rain overnight and the wind is up but its dry now and a remarkable 12C/55F already.

Watched some of the Masters golf last evening and I was disappointed by the pin placements and the let of that Tiger Woods was given. Seems it is important to be lenient to crowd puller Tiger and hard on the 14 year old amateur.

Doug

laudesan
04-14-2013, 03:40 AM
Okay, I can't resist any more.........

:music: I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.... :music:

Doug might have to do some editing to save your eyes! lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/1118-31024-Jugglers.gif
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Check out AdBlock (http://adblockplus.org/en/chrome)

I am excited!!!!!

I just bought a Dell XPS 12 Convertible Ultrabook.. Look here (http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2012/11/24/final-review-dell-xps-12-convertible-ultrabook/) I got a bargain too :p Plus, because I have Optus (my service provider) for all my phones, home/mobile/tv/internet, I get a great deal on a wifi 5Gb internet package too. Only 15.00 per month..

I am happy......

Tomorrow, I go vehicle hunting again...

shipbroker
04-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Morning all

Lulu, going somewhere then?

Doug, good assessment of the Masters situation but was ever thus at Augusta!

JJ. Avg free covers a limited spectrum compared to paid version. MS Security helps cover spme of the gaps plus some .

Heavy warm rain here and we are packing soon!

Back in this afternoon.

geoff

Yorky
04-14-2013, 03:54 AM
Looks neat JJ.

Hi Geoff, English (and Scottish0 weather!

Doug

laudesan
04-14-2013, 04:06 AM
JJ. Avg free covers a limited spectrum compared to paid version. MS Security helps cover spme of the gaps plus some .:confused: I have no idea what you just "said" :p

Doug, I don't have the machine yet, I paid for it, but wont pick it up until 11.00am tomorrow. They had five in the store this morning, and sold the lot!:eek: I can't wait to play with it.. I can carry this thing anywhere!! It doesn't have a SD slot, but it does have 2 USB ports. I have a USB card reader, and my external hard drive, so no worries. I hope..

Lulu
04-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Hi Doug. I think we have more danger from the sun down here even with lower temperatures than the desert. BUT I have packed sunblock and a sunhat:)

JJ, fabulous new toy!
Thanks, will download adblock too.

JJ. Avg free covers a limited spectrum compared to paid version. MS Security helps cover spme of the gaps plus some .

Geoff, do you use them both at the same time? One backing up the other?

Oh, a photoshop/gimp question. I seem to have 'lost' Photoshop Elements, (although I still have the serial number etc of my purchase so can get it back), but what I want to know is, can gimp do the same overlay function as PSE? (Iuse it most for overlaying portraits to check accuracy).

doppler
04-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Lulu ... Be excited :heart: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doug and Geoff, our day here was as brilliant and sunny as yesterday's was .... Well .... English.:lol: but slightly warmer.

BEAUTIFUL photos Henry, of your sister and the nut brown lass. I am SO hoping she is getting better. :crossfingers: :heart:

Your brother has good taste too.:cool: :heart:

Sharon, the destruction looks like after our ex TC Oswald wind. Yours was ice. Ours was wind.

JJ :thumbsup:

BBL ?

LynnM
04-14-2013, 07:57 AM
:wave: Good day! Lovely sun and birds chirping, hope it stays for a while. My DD is coming to take me shopping, mundane--groceries, and pleasure--yarn to make her a birthday present. I'm looking forward to it :D

Your enthusiasm is catching, Lulu, I want to jump up and down too, but taking pity on my neighbours! I am just trying Gimp out, Lulu, it has layers for sure, but not quite as user friendly as Elements. I have just lost my Elements too, but it was version 3, serial # no longer valid, unfortunately. Still, Gimp is free, so you can try it out.

Hi JJ, Annie, Doug, Geoff!

Breakfast calls, BBL.

CharM
04-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh Happy Day! Our sun has found a hole in the cloud cover and is shining brilliantly! It's amazing how it just makes us feel so much cheerier! :) Coldish, though...

Ted was feeling much better and toodled off to Carvapalooza with his friend Wayne... they took some really nice photos of the work and I'll download a couple later this morning. The pieces are being auctioned this afternoon... if I continue to feel better, I just might go with them (Ted and Wayne) to watch...

Kitties have been given their early morning treats and all of them wanted to play outside before breakfast. They love that they don't have to take a shower (rain) to do their business, I think! :lol:

I'm going to get my house tidied so I won't have to rush tomorrow morning before my Students arrive. I feel well enough that we'll have all our classes.

I have some beautiful hemp cording so I think I'll begin working on some bracelets on my kumihimo disk. Christmas is coming, you know... :p

((Sharon)) Wow... amazing how ice can do so much damage!

Henry, yours is a beautiful family! ((Lesley))

Lynn, I'll bet you had fun painting along with the webinar! I like Windows 7, too.

:clap: Lulu :clap: SO exciting! For ease of use, I'd probably re-install Elements... Gimp will certainly do layers, but I find it a little clunky.

Doug, Ted told me about that last evening... he thought that Tiger should have been disqualified immediately. How can anyone respect a cheater?

JJ, does the screen lift off the machine so it can be used as a tablet? It does look neat. My Sister has an Asus convertible machine that she loves because it can be used two ways...

Hi Geoff... My desktop uses the Microsoft Security system and I really like it. I've got it working with Avast and everything seems to be fine... but, I think this is what was giving Ellen fits.

Hi Annie and all yet to come... I hope your day is the very best possible! :heart:

EDIT: Lynn we x-posted!

Uschi
04-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Good Morning!!!!

and a good morning it is, sun is shinging brightly, certainly cheers one up!! The temperature is going up to 8C:thumbsup:

I am sure the garden is too wet to be worked on, will check it later on. We are supposed to have sun again tomorrow and then rain again, time is marching on and things in the garden need to be done.

((((((Sharon)))))))) what a terrible mess and damage:crying:

Lulu, :clap: :clap: :clap: I am sure you'll have an absolutely WONDERFUL time!!!

JJ, nice purchase!!!

:wave: to Doug, Geoff, Annie and Lynn!!!

EDIT: Hi Char!!! Good that both of you are feeling better!!

BBL Uschi

laudesan
04-14-2013, 08:32 AM
JJ, does the screen lift off the machine so it can be used as a tablet? It does look neat. My Sister has an Asus convertible machine that she loves because it can be used two ways...
Char, it has a flip screen. When it is used in the clam style, it is a laptop, but with the flick of ones thumb, the screen flips around and is on top, thus becoming a tablet. It is fast too, boots up in 11 seconds. One can have multiple windows open, a must for me, and it doesn't slow down..

2qXbSLqofFY

Strawberry Wine
04-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Morning Washers !

0 C. this morning with a dusting of snow. I am really getting tired of this winter and our long term forecast has us still way below seasonal until after the 24th with the exception of a few warm days thrown in amongst the wet and cold ones.

Sharon, I should not be complaining. Our area was only very lightly hit with the ice storm and no significant damage taht I am aware of. Hopefully the adjusters will be out soon to access the damage and give you the go ahead for replacement and repairs.

Henry and Lesley :grouphug:

Char, glad you are feeling better and hope Ted continues to do so.

Lulu, "doing the Happy Dance " for you... Your excitement is so contagious :) :thumbsup: :)

JJ, I was wondering why you were needing a 4 x 4 too. For the extra cost of the few times you might need it for interior camping it might be wiser to get yourself a far less expensive car and just rent the 4x 4 when you need it.

Can't remember who asked but , I have used the microsoft security system and McAfee for years.

Doug lovely photos of the Lake District in yesterdays wash.

Geoff, I get my best sleeps when we are in our camper, as well. Not sure if it is t he bed or being out in the fresh air or a combonation of those factors along with others. Enjoy !

Uschi, it will be several weeks before we can work in the yard with all the rain we are expecting. I may be able to get into the beds next week though. We are hoping to get the pond cover off the pond this week and get the waterfall going.... I lifted an area about 1 1/2 ago there is algae growth in the water that is going to need lots of attention Getting that cover even half way up or off is going to be on this week's agenda if at all possible.

Well back to painting trim and other odds and ends. :wave: to all

Cheers,

Gail

Yorky
04-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi Gail, they say that Spring is 20 days late over here. I was wondering if you had dismantled the igloo yet :)

Good to hear you are feeling better Char and that Ted is on the mend.

Doug

Scene Chaser
04-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Good Day All,
The sun is great today after so many days without it. May go to 60 F.

Sharon, what a nightmare to your deck. Glad you are safe.

Doug, your thoughts on the Masters ruling are the same as mine and many others over here. It seems that the tv ratings are more important than the rules. I think they purposely waited until the next day in order to take advantage of the new rule. Tiger should have been DQ or resigned from the tournament. I guess if youíre a cheater off the course, youíre also a cheater on the course. The Masters is tarnished and will never be the same. It will be interesting watching the Masters today.

JJ, love your computer. Nice photos yesterday.

I like to read whatís called as Ďcozy mysteriesí and recently checked ďA Cotswold OrdealĒ by Rebecca Tope out of the library onto my Kindle. I love doing that. Has anyone read any of Topeís work? She seems to be a comfortable read with little violence. Iíll critique the book later.

Gail, Iím painting trim, too.

Spring is definitely late here. At least we didn't have the extreme warm up in March and then a freeze later like we had last year, which destroyed much of our fruit production.

Bill

Wind Song
04-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Thanks for your comments on my yard, deck, fence, and shed disaster area!!!

The trees came within a few feet of my family room so at least my roof of the house has not caved in.

I was out on the deck with our dog, Monet just minutes before this happened and watched it all come down from the bathroom window and I could not believe it. I am very happy that we were still not on the deck because it happened so fast. :eek:

We woke up to snow this morning although I think it should be melting this aft.

Have a great one!

LynnM
04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Nice to see you are really feeling better, Char, hope Ted continues to improve. I did paintalong just at the beginning, but mine was slightly different from his and it was too distracting to paint and watch, so I just watched....do hope to finish it soon......too many WIP's!

Hi Uschi, Gail!

Bill that sounds like a good author for me, I will check her out.

Yes, thank goodness you were inside, Sharon :eek:

DD on her way, BBL

olliewood0702
04-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Hello all,

BRr....it's rainy and cool; and much of the same forecasted for the next week.:confused: Hurry up Spring....where did you go?

It gets depressing after a couple of dark, dreary days. Kaitlyn has been "down" lately and she said she thinks it's lack of sunshine; all she wants to do is sleep. I told her I'll get her some Vitamin D; winters here are so dark.

Larry went to work at 5am and will get out at 5pm. He's wiped out with these long hours. This coming up weekend we are heading north to see my Mom. He really NEEDS a weekend off.

I am baking a casserole today for my friend who lost her FAther-in-law recently. I thought taking a meal to her might be nice.

:clap: LULU :clap: have a WONDERFUL time with your family. Take lots of pics.

(((SHARON))) what horrible damage to your deck. Wow it's un-real the power of ice. That stuff is HEAVY. Thank Goodness you had gotten off the deck in time.

JJ, nice tablet you just purchased; I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much. Good luck jeep hunting.

Thinking of (((HENRY & LESLEY)))

Char, glad you and Ted are on the mend now.

I guess I'll have to read about what happened at the Masters; I guess Tiger Woods' reputation hasn't improved any.:rolleyes: Once a cheater always a cheater is so true.

Waving to all who've come to the wash like Annie, Doug, Bill, Gail, Uschi, Geoff, Lynn and anyone else I've missed. and all yet to come.:wave:

I may BBL:heart:

Flattwo
04-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi to All

Lulu, have a great trip!

Doug and Geoff, I have missed most of the Masters, will watch finale tonight, Tiger Woods puts me off somewhat!

Should know more about Lesley's results tomorrow, I'm just hoping for good news! the cellulitis on her leg has improved with the anti-biotics and will be on clot busting injections for at least 2 weeks for the DVT, she sounded chirpy on the phone earlier

I'm just finishing off a painting, witll post later in the gallery

A new photo from by brother Kenneth in Thailand, a lake near his house

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/3457-894719_10151621120284853_704224651_o1.jpg

Speak later

Henry

painterbear
04-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter after 11:00 a.m. here on a bright, but cloudy day in Oakwood. Larry just started the lawn mower up to give the grass its first cutting. The fertilizer he put down a week ago plus the rain has really started it growing.

We went to the grocery store and saw fresh Mahogany Clams from Maine on sale for only $2.99/bag...that's the lowest price I've seen them. The lady behind the seafood counter said their sell-by date is today, so she cut the price in half. We bought both bags and I just finished steaming and shucking them. I strained the juice through a coffee filter and put them up in freezer containers. I LOVE clams in lots of different recipes, so now I have two to use some time in the future. Spaghetti a la vongole is one way for sure. :D

Sharon, Yikes, that was a close call with that ice storm you all had. Glad you had gone back in the house before the big break came.

Henry, I don't know what your brother does for a living, but he should contact National Geographic and see if they want some of his photos of Thailand. They are gorgeous, as is his wife along with yours. ;)

Doug, Bill's right, a lot of people here think Tiger should have been disqualified or been honorable (:lol:) enough to disqualify himself. :shaking head icon needed here:

Lulu, Bon voyage! Hope your trip lives up to your expectations. We look forward to reading about it and seeing your photos you take when you get back. :wave: and :grouphug:

Char, Glad that both you and Ted are feeling well enough to resume normal activities! :thumbsup: I'm preparing my first lesson on painting your magnolia blossoms work. :crossfingers: I can simplify it enough for them to do it and feel happy about their work.

We stopped off at a local Church that is sponsoring an art show this month featuring works by many of my classmates (and me) from Nita's class. I was able to take photos and will post them later when I get them unloaded.

Gotta get busy with my lesson plan now.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Flattwo
04-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Sylvia, my brother took early retirement, he was an executive at an international insurance company in Melbourne, he got fed up flying around the world on business, and now lives a life of leisure. He divides his time between his homes in Northern Thailand and Melbourne

He has had photos published in Australia

He also teaches English as a volunteer

Henry

JudyL
04-14-2013, 12:44 PM
We are going to watch the Stockton Thunder play (hockey) a friend got a deal and needed 12 (?) people to go, I like to watch ice hockey, but am nervous about going into Stockton, lots a gang activity (and other) goings on there. Anyway, must hurry.

I had my favortite breakfast of the moment, Peanut Butter and Jam (sugar free) french toast (eggy bread) lovely :smug:

I always liked Tiger Woods, but he was at Stanford when I was working there.
I don't know what he was supposed to have done, but the golf people are SUCH sticklers (remember the guy who lost a stroke (?) when he used a hankerchief to kneel on :eek: it must have been ok, I mean they like to topple biggies.

mustache

Flattwo
04-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi

A bit of fun!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/3457-Glasgow_copy.jpg

Henry

JudyL
04-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Ok, I have checked with my local expert, and he said that, yes Tiger did move the ball, there had been a rule change. If the officials had said at the time he would have been disqualified, HOWEVER the said it was ok, so when he turn in the sheet, because the officials said it was ok, they could not disquallify him so took some stroke off.

And there endit the lesson.

shipbroker
04-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks Judy........still cheating.....

Scotland...this I where I lived for last 10 days...mainly for Lulu who may not see them!

View from the caravan window..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/84585-caravan_view.jpeg

Melrose Rugby Ground
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/84585-melrose.jpeg

Roman Warriors...bare chested all day!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/84585-romans.jpeg

Sheep beginning to gather...waiting for Little Bo Peep...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/84585-sheep.jpeg

Nuns, with holy water
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/84585-nuns.jpeg

Finally, The Queen and other bees....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2013/84585-bees.jpeg

The Rugby was good if cold.......

geoff

Flattwo
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Super photos Geoff, they are all mad!

Glad you enjoyed the Rugby

Henry

kaypainter
04-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Bon Voyage Lulu and John. I've probably already missed you by now. :wave: :wave: :envy:

My first thought on hearing about Tiger Woods was that he should have disqualified himself. I'm rooting for the Australian, Jason Day. Or Angel Cabrera.

Having a hard time typing this as Esme wants pets! Okay she seems to have decided to settle. :lol: :cat: Nope off she went.

Talked to the vet. Apparently some of the symptoms of too much insulin look just like those for too little. Lots of water drinking and peeing and eating. The 'roid rage was real! Insulin is an anabolic substance. Plus too much insulin causes the body to start secreting loads of hormones to raise the sugar levels in the body. The difference is the body gains weight instead of losing it. And her muscles were all buffed up. Not good for her either way. So we went back to 2 units twice a day. She stopped being Mr. Hyde and is back to sweet little Jekyll. However I am concerned about how much water and food she is taking in and how much pee is going out. Sorry everyone. I will give her a week to get readjusted to the new dose, but if this keeps up I won't wait six or eight weeks to bring her back in.

Regarding trying to find new places to put the shot in, it's hard. She is so small there isn't much area to work in. And the swelling is making it more difficult to pull up and tent the skin to get it subcutaneous.

Ah well enough of that. Cloudy but no rain here. I love it. Makes a change from the relentless sunshine here. Sorry all of you wishing for sunshine. Wish I could send you some.

Henry lovely photos your brother takes. Lovely ladies as well. :crossfingers: for answers tomorrow.

:eek: :eek: Sharon. what a mess.

Char so nice of you to share. :p Glad Ted is feeling better. Those sculptures you showed last year were fantastic.

Geoff those people are nuts. I've seen American football fans dressed like that in cold weather. They're nuts too!

JJ your new tablet thingy is so cute! Have fun car hunting. Have you thought of a Toyota? They are very reliable as used cars, needing the least amount of repairs. That's why I bought one. There is a four wheel drive something other than the Land Cruiser. It's smaller.

Well it's 2:30 in the afternoon here and I haven't done a thing other than the dishes and taking out the garbage.

:wave: :wave: to all and

HAWLTAIN

Kay

NancyR
04-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Good afternoon, its 83 degrees today with the sun shining brightly. This morning our little bundle of joy, Lucy, decided that she had to get up at 8:30 am. Once I was awake, I could not go back to sleep. So, I headed to my dressing room and ironed all morning watching a James Bond movie. All the summer clothes are ready to go and organized. Then I moved some furniture around, made breakfast for DH, visited mother, and went grocery shopping for us.

I have finally been able to sit down. DH is cooking (buying) Chinese tonight. Both of us lost last night at Winstar Casino. So, we are done until we go at the end of may to Louisiana. I look forward to that trip. I have decided to change the way I play and do more shopping. I also plan on going to the swimming pool.

Lulu :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I am so excited for you!

Geoff, great photos of the crowd. I love the nuns with holy water--priceless.

Henry, you are located quite far north in Scotland. The scenery must be majestic.

JJ, I am sure you will love your new computer. I am sure you will love the flexibility of it.

Doug, We have warmed up, but another cold front is on the way midweek. I am so tired of the change in temperatures.

Hugs to all in need.

shipbroker
04-14-2013, 07:15 PM
I didn't get pictures of three different types of astronaut nor the two Sky Wars Warriors......or those cold people dressed in shorts and T-shirts pretending to be David Hasselhoff! But it was all good clean fun, some of them were University students who attend every year.

It is mild here now and 12c at 9pm when I put the recycling out.

geoff

laudesan
04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Should know more about Lesley's results tomorrow, I'm just hoping for good news! the cellulitis on her leg has improved with the anti-biotics and will be on clot busting injections for at least 2 weeks for the DVT, she sounded chirpy on the phone earlier:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Love the photo.

Geoff loved your too. That make those Scotchmen tuff!!!

Kay yes, I have thought of a Toyota..

JudyL
04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Sooooo tired, the Hockey game was really fun, and the Thunder won odd, no fights, one that was not a fight knocked the guy (from Vegas) out cold, but the refs didn't send him to the "sin bin" Cold though, next time I will bring a warmer jacket.

Oh geoff, the fault was with the officials not with Tiger.

As I said really tired, going upstairs early nighty night