PDA

View Full Version : Figure Show

Pat Isaac
04-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I decided to enter a juried figure show in a nieghboring town. Just never could get it together in past years.
Here is the figure I entered and it was accepted. Just finished framing it and then the entries will be judged for awards.
I did this a few years ago and forgot all about it until I was cleaning my studio for the upcoming open house.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2013/35760-ladyredcouch_copy.jpg

Pat

talinka
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I love the robe. It's got a great texture

Flycatcher10
04-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Well now this is great news. Congratulations, it's fantastic.

Pat this is a gorgeous painting!! Fantastic lighting - just showers the room and woman. I love the deep values of the background and sofa, against her light-green dress. Wow the dress is so good with the folds and colors - it is eye-catching. She's beautiful - I can't get over her hair, those curls and colors.

Was this woman a model? I keep going back to look at her - I'm in love with this painting.

Your technicals, textures and eye for the finest details will speak volumes at the show.

RainySea
04-11-2013, 10:28 PM
congrats on acceptance into the show. Very nice painting. Is this on board or paper?

Pat Isaac
04-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks, Mary. Yes, this was a model and I took lots of pictures of her in different poses. In some of the pictures she had a large fancy hat on.
Thanks, Rainy. Yes, this is on paper, cans on...which I really don't like but it worked for the laciness of the dress.
Pat

Lostjedi
04-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Looks good. Love the hair and folds in the dress.

SammyH
04-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Beautiful portrait, Pat. I love the hair and the fabric. Good luck in the competition.