PDA

View Full Version : Is Craig Young still making palette boxes?

kowboychris
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Hello, I am interested in purchassing a Craig Young palette box but have been unable to contact him by email. Does anyone know if he is still in business? If not, has anyone compaired his boxes to the other small manufacturers making the same style of palette boxes. Thanks

Saint Ragdoll
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
As far as I know he is still making boxes....he does take a while to get back to you via email, from my experance...he is a very busy man...he is a watercolor artist himself, belongs to a watercolor group and makes these paint boxes by himself, each one hand made and hand painted....
If you dont want to wait there is a company www.thelittlebrassbox.com that makes a box that is like the box by Craig Young called The Paintbox.
The person behind the littlebrassbox may make a custom box for you, you could ask.
There is also www.iba-copalettes.com and www. Classicpaintboxes.com that all make nice watercolor paint boxes.
If you are interested in the watercolor paintbox thatbpeople here call the Spanish Palette there will be some of them forsale on Ebay in 2-3 weeks and I will let everyone know the auction details when these paint boxes are avaiable....
Teresa
Saint Ragdoll

kowboychris
04-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks, I placed an order from the little brass box company.

Quinacridone Gold
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks, I placed an order from the little brass box company.

You will love it! John is delightful and the palette is really something special.