PDA

View Full Version : Steps and flowerpots

Trumper
04-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I have done a small oil 5 x 7 inches for my Nan.
I want to keep it bright and simple but all advice welcome thanks :)

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp71/Bennyscooby/IMG_1564Small_zps7aee2f9a.jpg

levanty
04-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Loving this so far. Are some of the flowers growing out of the clay pot instead of the soil?

Trumper
04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Loving this so far. Are some of the flowers growing out of the clay pot instead of the soil?
:angel: Yes LOL ,although i can add more.The painting is actually more colourful than the photo.
I may add some cracks to the steps and a bit more variety.
Do i need to do anything with the top area of the steps?
Thanks for looking:)

Debzy
04-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Hi Trumper! This is looking really good, and very nice colours too! The top steps area could do with a bit more clarity and definition in my opinion, the top step seems to be in front of the top pot??? I love the composition though, its delightful! cheers =)) Debs.

Trumper
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
:) Thank you Debs.I did do a bit more to it and my Nan has it now although she is blind and won't see it :( but she got me into painting and 30 years later i am still using her paints,brushes and easel.

Debzy
04-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi Trumper! Your nan must be a very special person. What a lovely relationship you have with her. =)) Debs.

rossmarie
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi Trumper - this is nice. Possibly the image is misleading (you say the painting is more colourful) but I suggest the pots need to stand out more. I feel the steps are a bit too dominant. Difficult to say without seeing the real thing but I'd warm the pots up even more with some rich red/raw sienna/burnt sienna and get some hard sharp edges to the pots.

Mike :wave:

Trumper
04-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I didn't take a photo of the finished painting but i felt the original was too thin and washy.I put a thicker more colourful and darker coat on the pots and flowers so i think worked alot better.:)
I need to get back into painting again so i may use bits of it as a idea in the future.