PDA

View Full Version : John Singer Sargent Watercolors

Lemonhead
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
John Singer Sargent Watercolors-

I wish I could go to the show, but I can't so I bought the show catalog. All I can say is buy the book now!:clap: :clap: It has big color plates (10x12) and plenty of full page close up pictures that show plenty of details. Anyone a fan of JSS's watercolors just get this now you will not be disappointed. It also goes into great detail about the technical aspects of his watercolors, what materials he used and the techniques he used to get different marks on the paper.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!:D

janinco
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm assuming you mean the Brooklyn Museum exhibition. Here's a link to the catalog:

John Singer Sargent Watercolors (http://shop.brooklynmuseum.org/sargent.html)

I'd love to get one!

Jan

Mayberry
04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Oh, I heard about the exhibit and wish I could go, but this book sounds wonderful!

cgonzaga
04-11-2013, 05:03 AM
My all time favorite watercolorist. I've had the book for a while now and never get tired of looking through his amazing work. I wonder if the cataloge would be any different?

olliewood0702
04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
He's one of my very favorites too; I have one book on him already; this looks GREAT!

Lemonhead
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes its the catalog from the exhibit at the Brooklyn Art Museum. I wish I could go, once in a lifetime show, I wish it was shown in more cities. The book is fantastic, it is 10"x12", I bought the softcover but I wish had gotten the hardcover one. The color plates are large and there are many close ups of his watercolors. It is different than the one written by Carl Little. They also talk in great detail about the techniques he used and his materials.
-Jeff