PDA

View Full Version : A question re: reference photo archive

peak
04-09-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi folks,
One of the people commenting on my most recent painting "Tropical Light" asked if I couldn't shoot and upload some photos of tropical flowers, so she'd have something bright and colourful to paint, as an antidote to the long winter that doesn't want to end this year. I dashed around the garden this morning taking photos of frangipani blossoms and uploaded 2 of them, that is I added them to the existing "thread".

And then the penny dropped:
I have heard that Wet Canvas has some kind of archive somewhere for reference photos. I have a LOT of photos of tropical plants and flowers. So if anybody is interested, I could upload some of them... if someone could point me in the direction of this archive.

Pat

painterbear
04-09-2013, 05:01 AM
Pat,

Here is the page for Uploading your Photos (http://wetcanvas.com/RefLib/uploadphoto.php) in the Reference Image Library (http://wetcanvas.com/RefLib/).

Sylvia

olliewood0702
04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Pat, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics of some tropical flowers. Be sure to browse our reference library pics for your own painting too. We have tons of great photos from members with which to paint. ;)

peak
04-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Sylvia, thanks! I'll go and check this out!

Darla, I have tons of pictures and will sort out the best ones for uploading. I suppose I'll have to "shrink" them first though. And I'll be sure to also browse the reference library.
:D Pat

Yorky
04-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Pat you don't normally have to shrink your photos, you can usually upload the full size jpegs, in fact it is preferred.

Doug

peak
04-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Oh blast, I should have known!
Well, anyway, I don't think I'll upload too many photos after all. I just had my first look at the reference library and was totally floored! Super stuff there, my goodness! And most shots really professional level and so much better than anything I can do with my little point-and-shoot Mickey-Mouse camera! ;)

Yorky
04-10-2013, 05:07 AM
Don't be ashamed, just make sure you put them in the right category to save the mods work. You can see a member's RIL photos by clicking their profile and scrolling down for the link.

Doug